It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Cure Cancer, But No One Takes Notice

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndrewJay

Originally posted by MaryStillToe
There has always been a cure for cancer for those willing to eat and live right. The problem is people are lazy and would prefer to pump their bodies full of crap and take a pill to fix the problem later. It's no different than people who are able bodied getting liposuction for their stomachs before even attempting diet and exercise.

really? because my uncle lived through vietnam. he came out alive and since then hes done nothing but drink beer and vodka, smoke 2 packs a day and eat nothing but junk fast food. He doesnt even work he sits on a couch and does the same thing everyday no exercise. Hes 65 now I believe... 20 sum when he left the military.

each person is unique. just because a doctor says something doesnt mean its always true. cigarettes used to be looked at as a good thing because doctors thought they reduced stress.... in the 20s?

Are you posting for the sake of posting? I fail to see the point you're trying to make

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

I'd say he's pointing out that what doctors say isn't necessarily true???

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
Wouldn't it be freakin' awesome if everyone just cancelled their health insurance all at once.

Ahhh! Perhaps our tax money could be spent to maintain the health of the less fortunate in this country instead of lining the pockets of the wealthy insurance companies. Money much better spent.

edit on 13-5-2011 by sdocpublishing because: Addition of content and spelling.

Couldn't have said it better. Canada has the cure for cancer and this country will ignore it and let its people die so the elite can continue to make money. I'm canceling my health insurance, they aren't taking another dime of my money.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Is it time to change this system?

Seems a good many of us are on the losing end of it.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Nothing new, cure for cancer has already been found long time ago, and it is called weed. Suprise? Not really. Well, yes, for some maybe.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
What happened because of a result of this being cried out as a cure too soon?

The story made headlines, and DCA was trumpeted as a possible cancer cure. The news resulted in some people with cancer buying DCA independently and designing their own courses of treatment (see Cancer patients opt for unapproved drug). But the US Food and Drug Administration eventually started to shut down Internet DCA suppliers.

This may happen again if word gets out about this. Not that treatments should be suppressed but one man brought up something worth noting

"There was a huge frenzy," says Leonard Lichtenfeld, deputy chief medical officer for the American Cancer Society in Atlanta, Georgia. In a February 2007 blog post titled DCA: Cancer Breakthrough or Urban Legend?, the oncologist expressed concern about the impact of the hype on cancer patients. "For some of you out there to inappropriately make [patients] feel that DCA is the answer to their prayers based on this single early stage report in a medical research journal is, in my opinion, not acceptable at best and despicable at worst," Lichtenfeld wrote.

www.nature.com...

U of A researchers share a similar opinion:

Researchers emphasize that use of DCA by patients or physicians, supplied from for-profit sources or without close clinical observation by experienced medical teams in the setting of research trials, is not only inappropriate but may also be dangerous. The U of A results are encouraging and support the need for larger clinical trials with DCA.

www.dca.med.ualberta.ca...

Hopefully there are still trials being conducted somewhere, but people need to be weary when hearing about "cures" because cancer can be alot more complicated then just having a tumour and getting rid of it. I would suggest anyone interested in the drug and any trials, do your research, contact people, find out if there are trials or not. And you never know you may find out about something better then DCA in the works.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold

Nothing new, cure for cancer has already been found long time ago, and it is called weed. Suprise? Not really. Well, yes, for some maybe.

Well weed is good for the effects of chemo therapy. Appetite was a big one for a friend of mines mom. The weed helped her appetite return and she was able to get to a healthier weight to combat the cancer while going through the awful chemo. Weed did not cure her cancer. From the stories ive read (which was all from cannabis relatedc sites) THC was good for treating types of cancer but not a cure all.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Farnhold

Untrue, unless this is only certain types of cancer.

A particularly chronic friend of mine passed away a few years ago from cancer. Please don't spread lies about such a serious matter.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

These are not lies, but that is what I read. It may cure only certain types of cancer, or maybe all. Not sure.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I realize that I'm jumping right in and responding before I read the entire thread, but there are a few things I felt I should mention right away.
First off, the initial paper from the UOA (where the study took place) was from 2007.
Secondly, dichloroacetate has been used for years to treat various metabolic disorders, but it has potential for serious side effects. Side effects such as being metabolized into oxalic acid, which can cause renal failure (oddly enough, I just did renal failure in my patho class earlier today...small world) or the formation of renal calculi.
At the time the original paper was published, there had been many clinical trials of DCA for metabolic disorders, but none for cancer treatment. DCA was never used to treat cancer in a human being; the experiments were all done in a laboratory setting. The researchers were getting set up to begin the trials, but I haven't read all of the published works so I don't know how things are turning out.
So, before everyone gets in an uproar about this, just keep in mind that it's probably currently being studied and Canada has different laws regarding drug production and distribution than the US does. People are obviously taking notice, and apparently many people are experimenting with DCA to self-treat their cancer, but since not all of the information has been gathered and interpreted yet, DCA is still potentially very dangerous.
The UOA themselves even discouraged people from jumping the gun and using it because of the hazards and unknown effects it may/may not have.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Did you read the comments in the article (which is four years old now)?...

Freakin' thank you!
You said everything I wanted to say, but better.

And honestly, so many of you, instead of looking this stuff up (on someplace other than wikipedia), you decide to get all pissy with "big pharma".
Oh woe is me because of the powers that be.
Wah wah wah.
It's disgusting.
Not everything is a conspiracy
It's funny, because if there was an untested cancer drug that killed people being sold right now, this very same group of you (because you know who you are) would be crying conspiracy and blaming "the powers that be" and greed and all of that.
"Sure it cures cancer...but it causes renal failure and kills you anyways. It's all about the elite's plan for depopulation" And blah blah blah so on.
I'm definitely no expert in pharmacology or biology or any of that, but some of you seriously need to educate yourselves as to how drugs interact with the human body before you start blaming "big pharma" for not selling you something that might kill you.
edit on 5/15/11 by Matthew Dark because: I still had something to say.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Do a search here at ATS for "cure cancer" see how many times this has been claimed before and didnt come true then either.

Theres actualy a thread with this exact same name from 2009..
edit on 15-5-2011 by ShogunAssassins because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CDN King
Why is this literally nowhere to be found? I searched Google and found NOTHING in the news section.

[scoff]Heh.[/scoff]
Here:
www.ask.com...

I know, I know...research is really painstaking sometimes.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
There is more than one kind of cancer.

What do you mean, a cure for "ALL cancer"?

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Cool! I'm glad more people have become aware of this!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyInTheOintment

The research was done in 2007, and the people who did the research have complaints that nobody is taking interest.

Did you not read the 2010 research update I posted higher up the thread?

If you're so keen to get this stuff tested, approved and on the market, I suggest you read the update, contact the author, and offer yourself as a test volunteer or to help in any other way necessary.

That way you would be doing something to cure cancer, rather than just spreading misinformation and hysteria on the Internet.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervalentiodine

What an excellently reasoned and cool-headed reply to an unpleasantly provocative poster. Well done and thank you. Don’t miss this post, threadskimmers.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antwerp

the research article of the university is from 2007. I wonder how that played out. It says something about clinical trials starting in 2007. So either it did not work or it got suppressed.

So, let alone doing any offsite research to find out what happened, you couldn’t even be bothered to read the thread itself beyond the OP before you hit Reply. Well done.

If you had read on, you would have found just how it ‘played out’, and a lot more besides – including the fact that there is no cure for cancer and that this very legitimate research has been hijacked by quacks and turned into a moneymaking scam.

Tell us, please: What value do you think your post is to anybody, even to you?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

i think the usa pharma labs rake 52.000 dollars a second i saw this figure on contro tv on the edge ch 200
dont know how true this is so dont slate me

edit on 16-5-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

by the way my dad just beat colon cancer and has had the all clear
edit on 16-5-2011 by philware because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
I wounder how this drug single outs the cancer cells and kills them and not all the other cells

Because it makes the cancer cells get back to their normal state, not a suicide state.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join