It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Cure Cancer, But No One Takes Notice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+151 more 
posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Canadian researchers find a simple cure for cancer, but major pharmaceutical companies are not interested.

Suprise, Suprise!

Researchers at the University of Alberta, in Edmonton, Canada have cured cancer last week, yet there is a little ripple in the news or in TV. It is a simple technique using very basic drug. The method employs dichloroacetate, which is currently used to treat metabolic disorders. So, there is no concern of side effects or about their long term effects.

This drug doesn’t require a patent, so anyone can employ it widely and cheaply compared to the costly cancer drugs produced by major pharmaceutical companies.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b347a0ef8af3.jpg[/atsimg]

Pharmaceutical companies are not investing in this research because DCA method cannot be patented, without a patent they can’t make money, like they are doing now with their AIDS Patent.

This is typical of the way things work in our world. The advancements that are going to further us as a human race are being suppressed in order to line the pockets of the already rich. These are the same people that lobby our representation in congress to create laws that allow them to act without real checks and balances.

I realize this article is somewhat sensationalized, but it still drives the point home and it infuriates me.

Source

Some additional DCA resources:
www.thedcasite.com...
Petition for DCA Clinical Trials in Canada

edit on 5/13/2011 by freakjive because: adding links

+22 more 
posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Big Pharma is making too much money off of people having cancer.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dwmjr1985

Big Pharma is making too much money from any illness period.

If this is true, this is the craziest thing I have ever heard, ever!! You should push this to the MSM, see if they run with it. Peace.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I wounder how this drug single outs the cancer cells and kills them and not all the other cells

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I agree, look at how many carcinogens are in our food and other products. Many new chemicals are released on the market every day untested.

+7 more 
posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Another clear example of how we can no longer rely on the current power structure.

They exist to maintain their own existence without concern for anyone or anything other than existing.

Wouldn't it be freakin' awesome if everyone just cancelled their health insurance all at once.

Place a small amount of money in a bank account each month as you would pay towards health insurance and pay cash to a family doctor practice when a medical need arises.

My last few visits to the doctors were nothing but a huge expense and a bunch of unnecessary tests. Meditation and exercise solved the problem I was seeking help for.

My father in law has not needed to see a doctor in 20 years. His wife 5. My wife and kids, 7 years at least. I have spent a lot of money on insurance in the last 23 years as a spouse and parent.

Of course this would not be possible for everyone because of existing conditions and poor health choices.

Ahhh! Perhaps our tax money could be spent to maintain the health of the less fortunate in this country instead of lining the pockets of the wealthy insurance companies. Money much better spent.

edit on 13-5-2011 by sdocpublishing because: Addition of content and spelling.

+2 more 
posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

I will do just that. I will push this to the major national MSM, as well as the local stations.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

I agree, look at how many carcinogens are in our food and other products. Many new chemicals are released on the market every day untested.

Just so long as it brings in the money!!

TPTB get a nice little earner from it and it fits their agenda of de-population. When you join up the dots, a picture appears.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Dont give up so easily...ive done some research on the drug. My mother has MELAS and this is one of the experimental drugs that I looked up as possible treatment. The results however didnt prove successful. I did find that they have still ongoing research with University of Alberta here in canada with the DCA. They actually got online donation help to help fund one of the studies. Scientists aren't so dependant on the big government on some things.
LATEST info (as of yesterday):
www.dca.med.ualberta.ca...

A start for more info on the drug and its already in place uses:en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 13-5-2011 by topherman420 because: (no reason given)

+13 more 
link   
Did you read the comments in the article (which is four years old now)?

Lauren 97 minutes ago
If you look at the original paper, you would find that it has been
cited in other publications 229 times since 2007.
HARDLY 'not being noticed' from a scientific perspective.
And clinical trials from benchtop to patients will take YEARS and lots of funding.
Abstract: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

David 54 minutes ago
Actually this is not a joke. I had cancer, my oncologist at Baylor
hospital knew about DCA.
... Two years later and I am still completely cured.
It doesn't work on all types of cancer

etc...

Even the website cancer.org (The American Cancer Society) says
DCA has been tested in humans on a small scale for rare diseases of
metabolism (energy production), but has recently shown some promise in
the lab for cancer treatment. This has led some people with cancer to
try taking DCA on their own. DCA is known to cause nerve and liver damage,
as well as some other side effects. It may also be able to cause cancer
in humans, but that has not been proven.
At this time, clinical trials (studies on human volunteers) have just been started
to find out if DCA might be helpful against cancer. No human studies
have been completed yet, so it is unclear how or whether it might help,
or what the proper dose might be.

Hardly "no one takes notice".
Your thread title is sensationalist and misleading.

Edit - and I should add that a search shows that this drug, dichloroacetate, has about fifty billion other threads on ATS in the past. Many of this exact same article and exact same thread title. You didnt do a search before posting, did you?

edit on 13-5-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by freakjive

Well, theyve also cured HIV and there were only small, sub-headline stories about it, then it disappeared.
There is more money in "sustaining" a person that has a disease, than there is in curing them.
I had hoped that more would understand this by now.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Big Pharma is practically making people sick (through HAARP, disease manufacturing, etc.) and THEN making too much money from any illness period, including cancer.
And yes, I believe that Big Government runs Big Pharma: it approves or stamps out drugs, does it not? Mmm-hmm.
Meanwhile, I have got to get my hands on that cure ASAP. I know quite a few people with 'incurable' cancers . . .

Peace,
SeraphNB

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
(edited to add: sorry I should have kept reading the thread before posting
)This report is actually from 2007. That's the even sadder part. It was on the local news station, but I see that the link is gone....likely because it's been 4 years..but you never know. Here is another link directly to the universities website regarding the research.

edit on 13-5-2011 by natters because: i'm a tard

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1
Your thread title is sensationalist and misleading.

Rules are Rules and unfortunately here at ATS, we have a lot of them. One of them is to copy the exact title to the thread. I also stated in my post that this somewhat sensationalizes the topic.

The point of the article and the post are that the major pharmaceuticals are not taking notice and are not offering any research or funding because they cannot patent this process and make a buck off it.

Please don't try to derail the thread.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TriForce

You raised an excellent point here. The big money is in the sustaining drugs. Make the patient live through the disease or illness by comforting their ails vs. curing them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The comapnies are only intrested in selling expensive drugs and stealing them behind the camera. This will not profit the companies. How [SNIP] pathetic how people only see money and nothing else. Money before peoples lives.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Gemwolf because: Mod Edit: Removed censor circumvention

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by natters
(edited to add: sorry I should have kept reading the thread before posting
)This report is actually from 2007. That's the even sadder part. It was on the local news station, but I see that the link is gone....likely because it's been 4 years..but you never know. Here is another link directly to the universities website regarding the research.

edit on 13-5-2011 by natters because: i'm a tard

Thanks for bringing that up...I did try to bring that up just above you lol

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
If this drug really will treat Cancer or cure/reverse it. then thank goodness we know what it is.

If we know what it is almost anyone with a bach of chem can make this
with a little info ect.

Even spread far enough the info would generate enough people willing to try it, if I had it I know I would, a lot of family members have already left because of this disease.

I have very little faith in doctors, but I have met quite a few good people and a few were in the med proffesion...someone will push it if they have the info just because its the right thing to do, powers that be or whatever ...not everyone is a complete arse all the time they jsut stand out.

Peace

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seraphnb

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

Big Pharma is practically making people sick (through HAARP, disease manufacturing, etc.) and THEN making too much money from any illness period, including cancer.
And yes, I believe that Big Government runs Big Pharma: it approves or stamps out drugs, does it not? Mmm-hmm.
Meanwhile, I have got to get my hands on that cure ASAP. I know quite a few people with 'incurable' cancers . . .

Peace,
SeraphNB

Big Government doesn't own Big Pharma. Just like Big Government doesn't own Big Oil, Big Energy etc, etc...

BIG Pharma, Oil, Energy etc, owns the Government. Peace.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Scientists cured cancer and no one on ATS cared?

FLAGS!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join