It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans try to classify drug cartels as terror group

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Republicans try to classify drug cartels as terror group

dailycaller.com

Some Republicans in Congress are ratcheting up efforts to designate Mexican drug cartels as terrorist groups, making it easier for the U.S. to seize bank accounts and impose stiffer penalties on the gun runners who supply the groups with weapons.

Mexican drug cartels have been blamed for more than 36,000 deaths in Mexico in the past five years. Their methods are brutal and include beheadings, torture and mass killings.

Cartels such as Los Zetas and Sinaloa use terror to ensure their business – drugs and money – move freely throughout Mexico and across the U.S. border, said Steve McCr
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Looks like the merger of the drug war and the terror war, which obviously leads to greater profits since drug costs will sky rocket, violence will sky rocket. More pat downs, more freedom to give up so this fictional war on drugs or freedom to to ingest what you want as a human being, turns even bloodier. Thank God goverment can solve all our problems, they have done an awesome job so far. NOT. Gov sucks.

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Im actually ok with this. Send seal team 6 into LA, and mexico. screw em. they want to kill babies and stuff them with drugs to send over the border, this is their karma.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Why not? After all we are ALL Terrorists:.

Here are the guidelines for what is a Terrorist:

neithercorp.us...

Anyone who talks frequently about the Constitution, or ill of the government

Anyone who supports the idea of a Constitutional Militia

Anyone who fights against anti-gun legislation, or owns many guns (man do we LOVE guns)

Anyone who supports state sovereignty and 10th Amendment issues

Anyone who supports Ron Paul (the ultimate sin according to the SPLC)

Anyone who believes the private Federal Reserve is destroying our economy

Anyone who talks about the “New World Order”, or global government (does this include men like George Soros, Joseph Biden, Gordon Brown, Henry Kissinger, George Bush, Bill Clinton, Strobe Talbot, George McGovern, Mikhail Gorbachev, Richard Nixon, etc.?)

Anyone who discusses economic collapse as a reality in the U.S.

Anyone who speaks out against the IRS

Anyone who participates in “Hacktivism” (including those who leak documents embarrassing to government)

Anyone who participates in any form of activist group

Anyone who argues that the Left/Right political paradigm is a scam

Anyone who promotes Anarchist views

Anyone who distrusts FEMA (as if Katrina did not give us ample reasons)

Anyone who believes a truly independent investigation of 9/11 is rational and called for

Anyone who home schools their children

Anyone who flies a Gadsden Flag

Anyone who stores survival goods and food

Anyone who uses shortwave radios or HAMs

Anyone who watches movies like ‘Freedom to Fascism’, with anti-Fed messages

Anyone who operates private barter and trade networks

Anyone who stores gold and silver or uses them as an alternative to the dollar

Basically, ANYONE who dissents through independent political organization or protests through non-participation in the corrupt system might as well be Al Qaeda…

edit on 13-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I figured it wouldn't be long before stuff like this started happening.

"Terrorist" is definitely the buzz-word of the 21st century, replacing the "communists" of yesteryear.

While I obviously do not support the Mexican drug cartels or what they are doing, the fact is that they don't really fit the general description of terrorists. They're not doing what they do to cause public fear or mass panic, they're in it for the money.

However, I guess it doesn't really matter, because "terrorist" is such a loosely defined term, that it can be applied to almost anybody under almost any circumstances. It wont be long until that broad label is applied to every law breaker, and then we can prepare for McCarthyism 2.0 as it's applied to political dissenters as well.

I'm in favor of doing everything within our power to stop the Mexican drug cartels, but I'm not sure I like where this is heading.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
lets rationalize people. lets not be ridiculous.

on one hand you guys want the government to intervene, and now when they do, they are crazy and taking your rights!

get real, this is a move in a good direction this is what we want. although labeling them terrorist could be negotiable, the fact that they need to be dealt with as swiftly is not.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm in agreement with onequestion

These Drug Lords/Cartels DO cause terror and misery for many many people...
they are ruthless and savage...

So they ARE terrorist...

It wouldnt take you 5 minutes on highspeed internet and via the use of google...
to see the monstrosities they cause!

I hope personally hope every last one of these scumbags get whats coming to them...

A short drop and a sudden stop...
edit on 5/13/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

And now I shall point out the logic of the past.

Prohibition

Created Al Capone and cartel style shoot outs.

Gov tried for a decade to keep up. It just led to more and more waste of life and money.

Solution?
Legalize alcohol, let people make the money and tax them to death.

Also, legalization leads to safer drugs, controlled drugs. Not dirty drugs.

Fact is cartel exists because we created them to supply our need for fun.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
lets rationalize people. lets not be ridiculous.

on one hand you guys want the government to intervene, and now when they do, they are crazy and taking your rights!

get real, this is a move in a good direction this is what we want. although labeling them terrorist could be negotiable, the fact that they need to be dealt with as swiftly is not.

Sure...until they come knocking at your door because after-all, you fall into one of these catagories:

Will you then say that the moniker of TERRORIST is ok?

Anyone who talks frequently about the Constitution, or ill of the government

Anyone who supports the idea of a Constitutional Militia

Anyone who fights against anti-gun legislation, or owns many guns (man do we LOVE guns)

Anyone who supports state sovereignty and 10th Amendment issues

Anyone who supports Ron Paul (the ultimate sin according to the SPLC)

Anyone who believes the private Federal Reserve is destroying our economy

Anyone who talks about the “New World Order”, or global government (does this include men like George Soros, Joseph Biden, Gordon Brown, Henry Kissinger, George Bush, Bill Clinton, Strobe Talbot, George McGovern, Mikhail Gorbachev, Richard Nixon, etc.?)

Anyone who discusses economic collapse as a reality in the U.S.

Anyone who speaks out against the IRS

Anyone who participates in “Hacktivism” (including those who leak documents embarrassing to government)

Anyone who participates in any form of activist group

Anyone who argues that the Left/Right political paradigm is a scam

Anyone who promotes Anarchist views

Anyone who distrusts FEMA (as if Katrina did not give us ample reasons)

Anyone who believes a truly independent investigation of 9/11 is rational and called for

Anyone who home schools their children

Anyone who flies a Gadsden Flag

Anyone who stores survival goods and food

Anyone who uses shortwave radios or HAMs

Anyone who watches movies like ‘Freedom to Fascism’, with anti-Fed messages

Anyone who operates private barter and trade networks

Anyone who stores gold and silver or uses them as an alternative to the dollar

Basically, ANYONE who dissents through independent political organization or protests through non-participation in the corrupt system might as well be Al Qaeda…
edit on 13-5-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
More proof that our politicians, on both sides (it's ok to say that right?),
are not good custodians of our existing laws, and only want to
vote themselves more power. Add nauseum.

Isn't it already illegal to shoot someone. Even in Mexico.
Isn't it already illegal to murder.
Isn't kidnapping already illegal?

David Grouchy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

prohibition is a whole nother issue. this issue is about dealing with giant well funded sociopathic entities called cartels. what causes them doesnt matter at this point. we have them and need to deal with the issue promptly. changing our drugs laws means revamping our entire worlds way of thinking towards the use of drugs. which aint easy if you havnt noticed.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

True. They only exist because of the war on drugs. period. Gov could have stopped this a looooong time ago. Even without legalization. Thats if they wanted to...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
'US bill to expand pres. war powers'

The US Congress has introduced a resolution that would give the US president wide latitude of powers to wage war on other countries as part of the "war on terror."

The proposed legislation clearly states that "the president has the authority to use all necessary and appropriate force during the current armed conflict with al Qaeda, the Taliban, and associated forces pursuant to the authorization for use of military force."

Maybe they just need this bill to pass so they can invade Mexico?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Al Capone was eventually brought to justice...

Anyone who profits or takes satisfaction in the misery and deaths of other people...
regardless of their cause... is a Terrorist

Its not the government who is taking the usage of the word "Terrorist" over board...

Its people forgetting what it even means...

When you hear someone say terrorist... what do you think of?

I bet its a person from the middle east...

Maybe thats what the Gov. wants you to think...

but last time I looked at a dictionary
I saw this...

Ter·ror·ist
   /ˈtɛrərɪst/
[ter-er-ist]
–noun
a person, usually a member of a group, who uses or advocates terrorism.
a person who terrorizes or frightens others.

So yeah... kill every last one of those Terrorist Drug Lord pricks...

-Evol Eric

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

While I have no problems with the drug cartels being treated like this..

This is probably a clear sign that the war on drugs is being recognized as a sham, so they seek to find another way to secure it. By calling it terrorism.

God I love our government.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

Tax evasion? And the IRS is a fraud and that is how you think it is okay to bring down a business man? If his name was miller he wouldn't have an issue.

Anyhow,
Hate to break it to you Eric, but everyone who is brown and shoots a gun is not a terrorist.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I agree with this one. Gov., screwed up and should fix it. Cartels are a terror group. Spreading gangs into city & urban areas, converting more lachkey teens. Also, teens in impoverished areas that already might be influenced-gangs being a way of life to them by family run gangs- will have new leading members from cartels to push drugs and murder people.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I am in favor of the designation of labeling drug cartels as FTO's (foreign terrorists organizations) and started a thread on this topic back in January of this year.

Numerous questions were presented and answers given as to why this designation is necessary, and of course persons with objections to this designation also presented their viewpoints.

This requested designation, although not new, actually was discussed and started to gain momentum, earlier this year when a Mexican national by the name of "Buscaglia" thru a Mexican organization known as ITAM proposed the idea saying:

"Once the cartels are defined as terrorist groups, their armed branches "would be targeted by international anti-terror agencies, who are enormously sophisticated when it comes to neutralizing threats."

"I T A M - the Instituto Tecnológico de México (ITM), was founded on March 29, 1946 under the aegis of the Mexican Association of Culture (Asociación Mexicana de Cultura). A group of wealthy individuals with interests in banking, industry and commerce, led by Don Raúl Baillères, created the institution with the goal of using higher education as a promoter of economic and industrial change in Mexico.[4]"

To read more about this topic and see the videos posted go to the thread on ATS entitled:
"Should Mexican Cartels Be Labeled Terrorist Organizations"

here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 5/13/2011 by manta78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
well if they do that, that will mean a whole lot of other stuff we would have to do.

freeze assets, close the border, actually do something!

what we don't have enough corn fields in the US to grow our own?

coke would be a premium but everything else will create jobs! j/k!

seems like we have some wimpy drug lords here to let mexico run the whole show.

not advocating anything here, just a bizzness observation.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Here are some other groups that really ought to be designated as terror groups...

Postal Workers

Meter Maids

Dentists

Car Sales People

Lawyers

Doctors

Restaurant Dive Thru Window Employees

The Owners of Chuckie Cheese

The Staff of Chuckie Cheese!

All kids inside Chuckie Cheese!

Bank Tellers

Telephone Customer Service Representatives

Telephone Sales People

Poodles and other small dogs who act like they are big dogs!

IRS Workers

Police Officers

Federal Agents

Anyone inviting you for the first meal they ever cooked in their lives.

Drivers of Mini-Vans

Drivers of SUVs

School Crossing Guards

Old People who shop grocery stores during rush hour.

I am sure I will be adding some to the list in the next few days.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join