It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans try to classify drug cartels as terror group

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
At first I was in agreement with this - drug cartels cause a lot of criminal violence...

But then I thought this was just a typical knee-jerk response to drugs and pandering to the republican base. Drug cartels should be classified as CRIMINAL gangs, not terrorists, for one basic reason - the threat posed by terrorists need a specific type of intelligence, military, and emergency response. To cloud their mission by tossing drug cartels into their lap would only make it easier for real terrorists, the kind that want to commit mass murder using weapons of mass destruction, to slip through.

What they really need to do is reach some sort of joint agreement with Mexico and Columbia, declare all members of cartels as having renounced their citizenship to those countries, and then go after them with strike teams.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Chesster

Anyhow, Hate to break it to you Eric, but everyone who is brown and shoots a gun is not a terrorist.

You just proved the point of my previous post

I think you should go back and reread it...

Your trying to turn this into a race issue...
Did I mention that terrorist were only brown and shot guns...
nope nada... negatory... no way...

Go back and read my last post... I even posted a dictionary snip-it of the definition of "Terrorist"
if you had even paid attention to what I said you would have known...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

i agree with you.

who is against it and why?

is it because the cartels deal in goods and not ideology?

if that's the case, big pharm, oil, ge, monsanto, etc could fall under that definition?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Guys you are missing the picture.

If they can classify a capitalistic criminal organization as a terrorist group, why don't they do that with the mob?

Or this could lead to random street gangs which do cause harm being classified as a terrorist organization. Which means they can be detained and sent away or SEAL TEAM SIX can barge in through your neighborhood pot dealers door and kill him and every stoner with him.

This is a bad idea, and what's reclassifying going to do, like people have stated this problem could have been delt with long ago.

You can call poo a flower, but it still goes in the sewer at the end. The renaming does knowing, they already have a name that identifies them perfectly.

CARTEL

And really the terrorists are American companies causing havoc by taking over the mines and resources and sending the money back to the USA basically bankrupting economy, so all that those people have left is a black market economy, which surprisingly has some CIA backing in some aspects.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So wachovia and wells fargo who were just fined for drug laundering with the cartels
I guess they are terrorist then too
and the BTAF was just caught givng then Full AUTO weapons too...
Terrorist

Obama is suing Arizona for trying to uphold Federal law
to try and keep the terrorists cartels out of Arizona
Alciaduh is on the same side as the US in Libya...

makes a body freakin wonder

oh yeah
the CIA rendition plane that went down in mexico with what?
4 tons of uncut cocain headed for the US
say How IS that Afghani heroin getting into the US these days?
in the UNTELEVISED coffins and body bags of dead toops like the good OLD days?

Or is it
in the lunch box of Alwalaki the number two Al CIA duh man
who has been having lunch at the Whitehouse on a regular basis
ever since 911

edit on 13-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Oh dude Chicago has been flooded with heroin since we took over afghanistan. How do you think they got the money for all the drones in Paki scam.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by EvolEric

I stand corrected. I assumed wrong. My apologies.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

ya the RICO act.

we have laws already for that.

IF you can get the evidence to prosecute.

capone was taken down by the IRS coz they didn't have enough to get him on anything else.

ms13 should be labled a terrorist group, too.

whatever, i'm all for the lable and consequential actions involved.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

yeah that black money is all that is keeping the banks alive
world wide
It is I'm told, illegal to launder drug money in an american bank
Only if you are American

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Didn't the Republicans propose that even violent illegal immigrant Mexican fellons
like the gang bangers
could still get amnesty in the secret amnesty bill
that Bush tried to sneak through as something else?

I think either
they are agents for the Governments drug marketing and this is just a smoke screen to
pretend to be doing something
or it will turn out to be a way of stomping non gang related activities
like sharing a cup of unpasturized yogurt at recess

edit on 13-5-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The real terrorists are the banks.
They are the ones that scare people out of their homes.

I have never had a cartel member hurt one my family and friends like banks have. The USA has never been raped and pillage by any terrorist or cartel like the banks have trampled us all.

The Banks not the cartels are the terrorists.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Religion and ideology are for
the fools at the bottom swinging the hammers and getting shot out of the cannons
money is the reason at the top
where the real hookers hang out

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

step out of your own box for a second. god some of these arguments are ridiculous.

you don't think these cartels are hurting anyone? give it a break bro.... i can't even believe what im reading

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

sorry, i don't know about that.

i would assume, not.

but then i am a hard liner with imigration and would be pissed if that were true.

the INS needs lots of work. the borders need to be workable.

sealed as in, you need a reason and proper papers to be here, like every other country i ever been too in this world.

i was pulled into a thai room when i was last there, lol, kept for an hour while my wife waited outside for me.

had no idea why, been there many times.

in the end, they said i did not have enough pages in my passport! lol.

go hike on the iran or n.korea border and see what happens, burma?

what is wrong with us?

try crossing into georgia with ma. plates in 1965!

geeze!

sorry, while it seems ot, it is relevant for border issues since these cartels are increasingly crossing over.

and we are not doing any real action and if they got the terrorist label, that would solve a lot of problems.

edit on 13-5-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Whoa so the republicans want to designate the ATF as terrorists??
Gunwalker anyone??

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Drug cartels are terrorist.

They use fear to control the public in Mexico.

They act against the Mexican government trying to stop government actions to stop them.

What is the democrats problem with calling them terrorist and any of there agents in the US that work for the cartels, terrorist agents.

Find a truck driver with $10,000 plus in money trying to cross into Mexico.
Take the money, his truck, his home, and lock him up.
Find someone trying to take guns into Mexico take the guns, there car, there home. and lock them up as terrorist agents for 20 years then turn them over to the Mexican government.

If the cartels can not get guns from the US they will get them some place else.
They could even set up hidden factories to build there own guns.

As long as they no longer cause problems for legal gun owners in the US i could care less what happened in Mexico

The government of mexico is so corrupt from top to bottom that we should start blocking and/or arresting members of the mexican government that freely enter the US when they are found to be doing activities related to that coruption in the US.

Many members of the mexican government can just by asking get visas to enter the US with little paperwork.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
So the US sends an assassin team into Mexico, kills the major players and BAM problem solved right?
One thing most folks forget, the cartels have fused there culture into some areas of Mexico. What do you do with those people?

The cartels do more than pander and smuggle goods, they spread there ideology.

So what to do what to do ... hmmm ...

One thing is for certain, the media will have a field day with this and create a propaganda against innocent Mexicans and Mexican Americans just like they did with Arab Americans. Pardon me, Jihadists.

Farfetched ... perhaps, perhaps not. One thing is for certain, nothing good will come of this. Though I am curious, this problem with the Cartels have been going on for years and all of a sudden they want to do something?

edit on 13-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by anon102 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Crap! I just realized something. Im not saying the cartel shouldnt be stopped, the murders are out of hand
But, this could reach deep into the u.s. Like here in san antonio. The mafia is going to be pi$$ed! Here, if a member of the mafia is your neighbor, thats normal. No harm done, your children probably play together. But get in the way of their money and such, hurt their famoly, and they will kill you, andyou will be lucky if the police find thebody. Idk, just a scenario to think about. This would extend out, farther to the next gang and so on.

So this could be a step topush these gangs , until they break, and not in a good way. Which would make more laws/less freedom. Ok, maybe im to far out there in my thinking. But I do know a little bit about gangs. (the real gangs, not the little youngster, standing on the corner flashing gang signs)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Also think of it this way.

Drugs cartels sell drugs.

People buy un specified drugs.

People that by these drugs can now be linked to terrorism. This means that they have a very wide way of prosecuting if they so wish. They also will no longer need judges to sign off on search warrants.
Turning the war on drugs, to a war on terror will bring a new level of government involvement never seen before. I hold no sympathy for drug cartels. I despise their organization fully, however we should think as to how this will effect us in an already rapidly increasing police state.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Im actually ok with this. Send seal team 6 into LA, and mexico. screw em. they want to kill babies and stuff them with drugs to send over the border, this is their karma.

So you want the cops to kill cops? For your information, the cops are the ones running the cartels. The different factions of cops have battles and I can see the smoke from my window. Now you want them to further divide?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join