It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

That's a possible explanation. But, to go with my theory, perhaps we just dream of them as they look in this incarnation so we will recognize them when we do meet. Some may be still incorporeal until it's nearly time for them to incarnate, some may have been incarnated much earlier than you, some may have been incarnated at nearly the same time as you.

We don't know, but it is very interesting to think about.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Possible but you need a boat load of power to open a dimensional gateway.

posted on Dec, 29 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Today I dreamt that my family was visiting the entire family of my grandpa...Now, in reality, my grandpa is the only one still alive, my grandma died and my aunt died. In that dream there was also another old woman that I don't know in this reality.
In the dream I absolutely wasn't aware of who was gone and who was alive here, but I was thinking the opposite, such as " grandpa will be the first to die, of course , because is the oldest one ".
My grandpa also, in the dream, was very frail, my mother had to grab his head to avoid him falling from bed with the head first. And my grandpa had a problem to a foot. My grandma was fine, instead.
The year in the dream seemed to be very recent, since I was apparently already after high school.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WielderOfTheSwordOfTruth

More than likely, when we dream of something that has happened that day, its because our conscious 'travel guide' has decided to take us into a similar situation, yet in another universe.

We don't get to pick where we go to in dreamland.

And like you mentioned the pain in your hand that occurred as a result of you being shot in it in the dream, but awoke to see that you were sleeping in an awkward position...I feel that this is most likely due to the fact that multiverses can overlap, such as when 'going through the wormhole'....wormhole being the method of travel into dreamland. Basically, this is where the word 'parallel' comes into play. Pain in your hand in two universes simultaneously, different circumstances.

Very interesting thought!! Glad you made me think about that!!

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Originally posted by NorEaster
So, why is it that it's not possible to read a full paragraph of written text in a dream? Are we all dyslexic in other universes?

Light switches must all be broken in other universes too, same with most mechanical devices..
If you read the full list below, you'll see a lot of uniform things that are wrong with almost every single parallel universe you travel to. Suspicious.
www.wikihow.com...

Butter, I think my last post made some very relevant points. Can you think of a logical counter to them?

I checked out the source you provided...no sure why you felt that it 'countered' the dreams=parallel universe theory....

cuz it actually supported it.

Checking to see if you body or other things look weird in dream? It is not going to be 'weird' while you are in dreamland. Its only 'weird' after you are awaken (back in this universe) where the laws of physics are quite different.

Plus, there is no 'checking' for anything in dreamland. When you are there, you exist as part of that world, that reality. In fact, you would never recall reading such an article in the 1st place. 'This' you no longer exists when in dreamland... the 'other' you does.

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Most would argue and say that dreams are solely your imagination (gone wild) while you are at a state of deep rest. Here is my main counter:

-Imagination (or daydreams) DO NOT have the many intricate details found in dreams; colors, textures, smells, physical harm, plants, dogs, sunshine, raindrops, furniture, dirt, sidewalk cracks, etc). For example, If wanted to daydream about being with Michael Vick, all my mind is going to conjure will be his face, body, me and a very bland event that lasts only seconds (kissing, etc.....). But if I DREAM about him, there will be emphasis on every detail of our clothing, the place, the weather, the lighting in the room, aroma, voices, pictures on the wall, carpet color, etc. Our minds will not produce these minute details on a whim.

BUT, when you are daydreaming you are still concious and thus your concious mind can tell the difference between physical reality (smell) and preceived reality (daydream). Hence daydreams are devoid of "realism". When you are asleep you have no concious mind for comparison it is only your subconcious at work. Hence why everything seems real.

Your mind does produce these details "on a whim" (they are called memories!) as it sorts, categorises, stores and discards information gathered through the day.

This is very untrue. Dreams are not thoughts.

1. Dreamland is already 'going on' when you get there. The scene is set, far more detailed than any thought or imagination ever could be, and the characters are in action, including you.

2. Dreams are in 1st person, where thoughts are in 3rd person. No matter how hard you try, your thoughts will always be in 3rd person (you watching the scene instead of being in the scene) and they will always be in 'freeze-frames'.....this means you are seeing still pictures instead of fluid motion, as in dreams

3. You awake having to adjust, even for just a millisecond...you have to get a grip as to when and where you are.

posted on Jan, 14 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Recently I dreamt two version of myself, but these behaviors I dreamt I was doing is absolutely not what I would usually do, they had totally different behaviors from mine...
One was a drunk-party-goers, the other one was an aggressive one.
Also, these ones were in third person, so I was observing myself.
It happens very rarely to me.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Once again, I dreamt of a time shift inside a dream!
I dreamt I was watching tv with my mother and Mother Theresa was still alive in 2012!!!
I was amazed, I was thinking " wow, a timeshift ", and I tried to convince my mother that she died ( I quote myself ) in 1999.
Mother Theresa was lieing on a bed and was watched by many people.
But she was still alive.

My mother thought I was crazy, in the dream.
I also dreamt I woke up and told my mother about the dream, and her comment.
I dreamt I told her I was wrong and she died in 1998.

This is amazing. Its real.

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Wow, I can't believe that I just now found this thread. I totally agree that dreamland is another dimension. The "kaleidoscope" thing you mentioned also touched base with me...
there have been many times that I'm drifting off, and am suddenly keenly aware, like "Woop, here we go!" just for Ia split second. (sometimes that awareness of "going" wakes me and i have to start again, which is how I recognize it when I don't wake up to this dimension, but continue on.

I haven't read all ten pages yet, but wanted to reply to your OP (s/f, btw, even if they're late)...

and I have a question for you, do you ever wake up from a dream into this dimension, and then go back to sleep and straight back to the dreamlandscape you just left, and "carry on" where you left off?

That happens to me frequently.

Also, I dream of a variety of different "places", so often, over my whole lifetime in this dimension, that I can draw maps of the places. I notice when things have changed a little, like a house has been painted or a neighbor has a new garden....

and I ALWAYS dream through my own eyes, as myself, never watching myself in third person.

It's cool....I LOVE it...sleep/dream is one of my favorite parts of living, like someone said also early in the thread.

Cheers!

--wild

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Wow, I can't believe that I just now found this thread. I totally agree that dreamland is another dimension. The "kaleidoscope" thing you mentioned also touched base with me...
there have been many times that I'm drifting off, and am suddenly keenly aware, like "Woop, here we go!" just for Ia split second. (sometimes that awareness of "going" wakes me and i have to start again, which is how I recognize it when I don't wake up to this dimension, but continue on.

I haven't read all ten pages yet, but wanted to reply to your OP (s/f, btw, even if they're late)...

and I have a question for you, do you ever wake up from a dream into this dimension, and then go back to sleep and straight back to the dreamlandscape you just left, and "carry on" where you left off?

That happens to me frequently.

Also, I dream of a variety of different "places", so often, over my whole lifetime in this dimension, that I can draw maps of the places. I notice when things have changed a little, like a house has been painted or a neighbor has a new garden....

and I ALWAYS dream through my own eyes, as myself, never watching myself in third person.

It's cool....I LOVE it...sleep/dream is one of my favorite parts of living, like someone said also early in the thread.

Cheers!

--wild

Thanks for your comments!!!

Yes, yes indeed...dreamland is NOT part of this world....and you are right about the 'kaleidoscope'...its like we never remember entering or exiting it....

probably happens at the speed of light (aka wormhole travel).

Sometimes I can be laying down, drifting 'off' and get the same feeling as you (that 'here we go...' feeling)...Its like I can sense me being 'dropped' into a scene but then suddenly I come right back here...and I feel as if I was yanked back....like the portal had closed or something...its weird...

Fascinating at the same time!

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I just found out another of my " dream brothers " in real life. He lives in Czech, he is 20 now. In my dream I had twin little brothers, and in summer 2009 there was a kid that we got to know, that was absolutely identical to the brother I dreamt. He came from Luxembourg.
It is weird, I know, but I think these 2 people that in this reality are completely unrelated and completely unrelated to me, in another universe are twins and they are my little brothers.
The two look very alike, its just the eye colors that is different. The little boy of the beach had blue eyes just like my dream brother and this one in Czech has dark eyes.
But as soon as I've seen a particular picture I had that sorta feeling of deja vu.

I firmly believe people in dreams are real people. I've had two experiences of meeting 2 dreamt people that are completely UNDEBUNKABLE. Same birthday, same hair, same face, same all, The people I dream are definitely real people.

P. S.
In most of my dreams I have a bigger family. Most of the times I have a younger blonde sister.
In my dreams the sister is born July 9.
I actually saw her on the internet in 2009. She's famous. She's absolutely identical. Same birthday.

Than there is almost always younger twins, I've seen two brown hair, blue eyes kids, and in 2009, in a beach, I recognized one of them in a Luxembourg kid who was a tourist in Italy. His father and my father chatted during a rainstorm on the beach, the man was Italian. My father also talked to the kid, that was looking at us with such deep eyes, I will never forget that. The last time I've seen him he was falling on the ground and my father gave him his hat. We never came back again on that beach. I've been there since I was born, every year.
The birthdate in my dreams was May 28.

edit on 22-1-2012 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Sometimes I can be laying down, drifting 'off' and get the same feeling as you (that 'here we go...' feeling)...Its like I can sense me being 'dropped' into a scene but then suddenly I come right back here...and I feel as if I was yanked back....like the portal had closed or something...its weird...

Just this morning (talk about synchronicity!) I was waking into the physical usual realm, but I was also still engaged in the dreamworld. I literally, and lucidly, opened my eyes in my physical this-here-and-now self; was simultaneously totally aware that I was busy in the dream-dimension; closed my eyes, and was able to be both there and here at once. With full awareness in both.

Wow.
It was awesomely cool. Now, the dream-dimension has faded, but I know I was sitting at a table with empty paper plates in front of me, and reading a page of paper that had been placed on the table. When I woke, I had not finished reading the page, and I was interested in it, so I closed my eyes, and said "just a sec, be right back," and was able to go back and finish reading the page!

Wow. Just..Wow.
First time that had happened so lucidly; even though I know I've dropped back "in" and continued...this was like being in both places, one foot in each.
Hard to describe, but absolutely astounding.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

That's awesome!

I have from time to time met people in the physical dimension who I have that instant "recognition" - like POW, I know you!
Really makes me wonder....or rather, makes me convinced...we exist on so many other levels than just here in our daily physical selves.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by Zagari

That's awesome!

I have from time to time met people in the physical dimension who I have that instant "recognition" - like POW, I know you!
Really makes me wonder....or rather, makes me convinced...we exist on so many other levels than just here in our daily physical selves.

Exactly!!

This is what deja-vu is all about, in my opinion, and that "Hey, don't I know you from somewhere??"

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Just this morning (talk about synchronicity!) I was waking into the physical usual realm, but I was also still engaged in the dreamworld. I literally, and lucidly, opened my eyes in my physical this-here-and-now self; was simultaneously totally aware that I was busy in the dream-dimension; closed my eyes, and was able to be both there and here at once. With full awareness in both.

Wow.
It was awesomely cool. Now, the dream-dimension has faded, but I know I was sitting at a table with empty paper plates in front of me, and reading a page of paper that had been placed on the table. When I woke, I had not finished reading the page, and I was interested in it, so I closed my eyes, and said "just a sec, be right back," and was able to go back and finish reading the page!

Wow. Just..Wow.
First time that had happened so lucidly; even though I know I've dropped back "in" and continued...this was like being in both places, one foot in each.
Hard to describe, but absolutely astounding.

WoW!!

I can relate to that. I can remember as a little girl, I had a dream that a snake was chasing me...I yelled out loud; however, I was in dreamland and here, literally because one eye was shut and one eye was closed (this may sound crazy, but stay with me...)

My dad kept saying, "wake up...open your other eye" but I didn't...so i could still hear the snake and see it, but I could also see my dad sitting on my bed trying to wake me...when I opened the other eye, the snake was gone.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Yeah, it's like that!
Of course, sometimes I do know them from somewhere here in this dimension, but when it's someone I've never, ever laid eyes upon before, and our gazes lock, and I just know who they are.

It makes me wonder if:
A) they are souls with whom I have interacted in actual previous lifetimes here, (because I believe souls reincarnate and move through the ethereal 'school' like classmates, returning to one another's lives again and again to assist one another in achieving goals),
or
B) someone I know from a parallel dimension.

mind-boggling.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

..I yelled out loud; however, I was in dreamland and here, literally because one eye was shut and one eye was closed (this may sound crazy, but stay with me...)

(I know you mean one open and one closed)....

Have you ever seen the TED talk by that neuroscientist who had a stroke (Jill Bolte Taylor)? She was aware of both dimensions, too, and she does a fantastic lecture where she uses a cadaver brain (ewww!) to show that the left and right brains are two separate things....
www.ted.com...
so, are we able to engage in both; one eye open, and one shut (still elsewhere)?

I love this stuff. Thanks for the thread....

edit on 22-1-2012 by wildtimes because: to add link

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Great thread looking forward to going to sleep now lol

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't understand how dreams can be real because I often have superpowers in my dreams. If dreams were other dimensions then this is a small list of strange things I have done or encountered.

Twice visited a planet where there is no guy, except me when I visited and became an instant celebrity. All the females look pretty and are not aging, no kids either. That dream became embarassing since they don't censor things on their planet. However I was the only guy on the planet so not too bad of a dream I thought. They did not want me to leave when I told them I was going back to this world.

One dream I became all powerful and all knowing. I experimented and altered the Earth and people on it several times. I created and destroyed whole star systems and galaxies. I became superbored because I could do anything and already knew what the future results would be if I did something. I decided letting humans have freewill to choose which every path they want without me knowing which path they would choose would enable me to not be superbored. I was still stuck in that dream until I dreamed I would put a freeze on all my power and make myself human back in a Earth I remember. So I recreated the Earth and the universe and finally woke up.

In one dream I was watching a battle between two alien species. I was floating in space watching. I had superpowers. One species fired on me and ticked me off since I was only watching. With a mere thought, I immediately wiped out all their space fleets in all solar systems. They all blew up in big explosions. The other species was thrilled and celebrating. I still felt ticked off. I went back in time and destroyed their species before it even really got started. I casually observed past thousands or millions of years the changes that resulted in the other species not having to compete for planets and resources. They I came back to the present time. Now they were a relatively peaceful species and didn't even recognize me. No trace of what I did was anywhere.

Other dreams I'm flying through the air using superpowers. In one dream I liked walking into a bar and tell them I had a neat parlor trick. I would extend my palm face up. Then a very bright but not blinding mini nuclear explosion would go off about an inch above my palm and it would mushroom up creating a very loud explosion but not deafening. The mushroom cloud would go up and form a ring near the top. No radiation was released from my parlor trick. However I got attention.

Now if you say all the above really happened, then you're even crazier than my dreams were. If however you're correct then one day all of you may experience the really strange and bizarre because I may wake up if I created this world as another dream. Right now it seems pretty real.

posted on Jan, 22 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Yeah, it's like that!
Of course, sometimes I do know them from somewhere here in this dimension, but when it's someone I've never, ever laid eyes upon before, and our gazes lock, and I just know who they are.

It makes me wonder if:
A) they are souls with whom I have interacted in actual previous lifetimes here, (because I believe souls reincarnate and move through the ethereal 'school' like classmates, returning to one another's lives again and again to assist one another in achieving goals),
or
B) someone I know from a parallel dimension.

mind-boggling.

See, that makes the most sense...its like they know and you know....that your connection is other worldly.

And like you stated about your dream brother; I thought that was very interesting....our friends and family members can be quite different in dreams.
edit on 22-1-2012 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join