It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jessejamesxx

i believe buttercookie already made an example on how thought would be faster

for the sun to shine down to earth takes about 8 minutes
you think of a sun, it is instant

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonsayz

I responded to that already. It doesn't compute. You have to have constants to measure 2 things. Distance & time taken to travel. Thinking of the sun doesn't take your brain waves to the sun and back, you can't agree with that, can you?

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jessejamesxx

Originally posted by simonsayz

I responded to that already. It doesn't compute. You have to have constants to measure 2 things. Distance & time taken to travel. Thinking of the sun doesn't take your brain waves to the sun and back, you can't agree with that, can you?

Everytime you 'think' of something, your mind has to 'go there', whether it is person, place, or thing. Thought process is the result of your mind having to go retrieve data from your memory bank with visuals and sounds included.

So in that sense, you can think farther and quicker than light.

But...

The premises of this issue is not about the speed of thought and how compares to the speed of light anyway...its about dreams being travel to other universes, with time travel included.
edit on 17-5-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

I think I understand your premise. Indeed, your reaction time to something like being punched in the face is quick. The speed of light is something like 200,000 miles per second though, and the distance it takes from your nerve endings to your brain, and then to something like your eye to blink is such a small distance - it might not really be that fast when you take those things into consideration.

I think it does have to do with what we're talking about, because to travel to a different universe during sleep, the speed of thought would have to be much faster than light.. but I'm done trying to make sense of that part of the topic - so let's not waste anymore time on it.

I think I made some great points in this post. If your goal here at ATS is to deny ignorance, I urge you to take them into consideration, or help me to understand how I'm wrong.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I believe it is the releasing of subconscious thoughts which are interpreted into this parallel "dimension" in our minds. Just like anything, I believe this is here for not only enjoyment, but for awareness of oneself, to see what can be improved on, or the true deep desire in oneself which will lead to true happiness. We just need to pay attention.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Today I experienced both a false waking up, in which I woke up and talked to my parents that were waiting for me in the kitchen...
Than, a dream in which my family had a little girl together with us...
I woke up with closed eyes and thought " Where is my sister? I'll find her here...? Right? ", than I slowly opened my eyes and I had to realize with my memory that there is no blonde girl in my family since she has not a place where to sleep to in here...Than I woke up completely and I was sure I had no sister...
Oh, and my parents were not waiting for me in the kitchen this morning...The kitchen was empty.

I always had dreams of the same little sister.
When me and my brother were little kids we were ALWAYS playing the game " The blonde sister is going to be born " while talking to each other.
edit on 22-5-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
reply to post by simonsayz

Star for this post

I'm going to research the 'string theory' and explain why and how we are able to experience multi-verses.
I'll also go further into detail why dreams cannot possibly be thought.

I definately welcome the debate because it makes me research and learn more about the issue!

On this self same subject matter, I dreamed last night. In the dream I was at work in a factory that made welding wire, called inner-shield wire. This was before my adult son was born, it seemed like a regular work day, my co-workers were there, some of whom are no longer with the living, there was a lunch break, it was like a normal workday in 1977. I even had a machinery break down, a not too usual thing, and the strangest part was, when I woke up I could smell the stink of the factory on me, it didn't go away until I showered.

posted on May, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
"Dreams are answers to questions we haven't yet figured out how to ask." - Fox Mulder

Believe it or not, I just saw that very episode yesterday. I like that saying too, it makes perfect sense.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I know we are not supposed to write just short reply's...but that was an excellent writing. I so much believe you have hit the nail on the head!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Very interesting theory you have there Butter...
Have touched on the quantum subject a bit so this seems very plausible.
Have to share this: I closed my eyes yesterday , while lying down to rest and immediately, it seemed, I stepped into another reality. I was here then in the next instant I was in another place dealing with both of my parents being deceased. I was like ok dad's gone now, Now my mother, was dealing and felt despair, .then immediately after came back to here & now. My friend was there when I ''woke''? myself up talking about it. '

Was I dreaming or in another parallel that hasn't happened to me yet, Idunnnnooo... but that was WILD! because I thought it took TIME to get into REM stage of sleep, but this was immediate. Had to share. Also, I pray nothing happens with my mother! I certainly don't want this to be a premonition... I didn't LIKE That at all. Sorry but I had to share this : This was just yesterday. Mom is ok. Let's hope she stays that way.

This honestly did not feel like a normal dream... I actually FELT a different reality, it was very lucid!
edit on 28-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: added line and correction

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou

Very interesting theory you have there Butter...
Have touched on the quantum subject a bit so this seems very plausible.
Have to share this: I closed my eyes yesterday , while lying down to rest and immediately, it seemed, I stepped into another reality. I was here then in the next instant I was in another place dealing with both of my parents being deceased. I was like ok dad's gone now, Now my mother, was dealing and felt despair, .then immediately after came back to here & now. My friend was there when I ''woke''? myself up talking about it. '

Was I dreaming or in another parallel that hasn't happened to me yet, Idunnnnooo... but that was WILD! because I thought it took TIME to get into REM stage of sleep, but this was immediate. Had to share. Also, I pray nothing happens with my mother! I certainly don't want this to be a premonition... I didn't LIKE That at all. Sorry but I had to share this : This was just yesterday. Mom is ok. Let's hope she stays that way.

This honestly did not feel like a normal dream... I actually FELT a different reality, it was very lucid!
edit on 28-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: added line and correction

Thanks for the reply!!

Me and my father discuss this theory a lot. Like you stated in your dream, we believe that when you see deceased relatives in your dreams, you are aware that they are deceased (back here in THIS reality); yet, it seems that they have no sense of that fact, and you are not able to communicate it to them.

However,

in your situation. they are really not deceased in THIS reality; yet they were in another, which is perfectly normal. See, its not that you jumped to the 'future' and saw a sad period that will be coming up; I believe that you simply saw ANOTHER reality altogether......one that may NEVER happen in this one!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Sorry you guys, but I have to report this. Got a call re my mom. She is having probs. , she fell several times last night, and again this am... Fam had to call /get help to lift her up. She is very weak and short of breath upon ambulating. Now am awaiting a call , for she is not able to be alone , she can no longer even get to the BR by herself. We may have to get the ambulance for her , just to get her to the dr.s.

I think there is something to this ''parallel '' stuff ... or this was God given vision of things to come, to help me to deal, I don't know...

Hey Butter -neighbor even! Just noticed your reply to me.. for I had JUMPed on here to report /not reading,,, sorry bout that.

This is too much... and YEAH I agree with you. This quantum stuff is really starting to make sense to me. More and more ea. day. Please say some prayers for mom for THIS reality
Appreciate any and ALL!

Nice thread too , btw. & Please remember my MOM! Thanks!
edit on 29-6-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by rwdillard
I know we are not supposed to write just short reply's...but that was an excellent writing. I so much believe you have hit the nail on the head!

Thanks!!

The more I have researched this, the more I am convinced that this is multi-universal travel, occurring on a level that our 'awake conscience' is not able to experience. Its like our mind either IS or contains a wormhole....

You ever notice how you can NEVER read or write on dreams?

I've discussed this and it is weird! In fact, it gets harder the more you try.

My belief is that this is not possible because there may some sorta 'quantum rule' of the mutiverses; to prevent you from sharing information from one universe/reality to another.

Yes, we all can wake up and 'describe' a dream. But tell the date? Time? True location?

Never.

For example, I recently dreamed about a handsome guy I met while driving down the street. We both pulled over and wanted to exchange phone numbers, so I got piece of paper and a pen (haven't WROTE a number down in a LONG time....usually just type it in the cell phone) and I could not get even the 1st number down for nothing in the world.

I finally gave up and 'jumped' into another dream.

When my dad and I discussed it, he came up with a logical conclusion. He said that maybe it was because I had traveled into the past, a time where cell phones were not invented, making it impossible for me to record a cell phone number at all,

or

If I was able to successfully write it, then the guy would have evidence of another reality.

Wow.

Comments?

edit on 29-6-2011 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Sorry you guys, but I have to report this. Got a call re my mom. She is having probs. , she fell several times last night, and again this am... Fam had to call /get help to lift her up. She is very weak and short of breath upon ambulating. Now am awaiting a call , for she is not able to be alone , she can no longer even get to the BR by herself. We may have to get the ambulance for her , just to get her to the dr.s.

I think there is something to this ''parallel '' stuff ... or this was God given vision of things to come, to help me to deal, I don't know...

Hey Butter -neighbor even! Just noticed your reply to me.. for I had JUMPed on here to report /not reading,,, sorry bout that.

This is too much... and YEAH I agree with you. This quantum stuff is really starting to make sense to me. More and more ea. day. Please say some prayers for mom for THIS reality
Appreciate any and all!

I gotcha.

Best wishes for mom and you!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Okay then.... Here's my dreams last night.

My dream started off where I was involved in COD nazi zombies with some friends only it was real in a house. Inside the house there were 2 ex girlfriends of mine both living in the attic. I then went on to dream of running into an old friend and having her give me a tour of her new house.

Now do you REALLY think that has anything to do with my consciousness shifting to another dimension/reality/universe? Come on. I had dreamed of nazi zombies because I played the game earlier. I had dreamed of the ladies in the attic because of some random dream reason. I probably had dreamed of my friend's new house because I miss seeing her. These are all dreams that have something to do with my mind. They do not have anything to do with travelling to different universes.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by annonymous1234
Okay then.... Here's my dreams last night.

My dream started off where I was involved in COD nazi zombies with some friends only it was real in a house. Inside the house there were 2 ex girlfriends of mine both living in the attic. I then went on to dream of running into an old friend and having her give me a tour of her new house.

Now do you REALLY think that has anything to do with my consciousness shifting to another dimension/reality/universe? Come on. I had dreamed of nazi zombies because I played the game earlier. I had dreamed of the ladies in the attic because of some random dream reason. I probably had dreamed of my friend's new house because I miss seeing her. These are all dreams that have something to do with my mind. They do not have anything to do with travelling to different universes.

We ALWAYS tend to dream about things that are slightly occurring at the present time.

Still,

I think that you dreamed about a Nazi theme BECAUSE you were playing the Nazi- themed video game....like your mind decided to take you that place, because of the pre-cursor.

That probably wasn't the best way to describe what I'm trying to say...

Either way, I still rule out the possibility of them being our mere 'thoughts'.

Way too many details, plus our thoughts do not flow in a 'streaming video' type of way....we 'think' of something and see still images; maybe a lot of different still images, but

still images with nor true order to them.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by annonymous1234

Here Here
I understand what you are saying and dO agree that some dreams stem from the events/course of the day, imagination etc. ALL parallel's ?- not sure. However, I believe, SOME are very real - even God given, as for a coping mechanism . I don't think folk should discount ANY dream : We dream for some reason .

I MO we can learn from our dreams if we but try to understand them. God made us to dream for a reason I'd say. Discernment is the key ... and you'll KNOW when it's time to take notice of one. It will prick you and get your attention!

Quantum realities honestly have my attention now. For every imaginable outcome is already in place , for God knows beginning to end. He is the Alpha and Omega. It may be that we DO get to experience all the imaginable things in dreaming.
________________-_________
Thanks, Butter. Appreciate ya!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I had another interesting dream: I was attending a history lesson in a almost impossible situation, completely impossible to become real here, anyway it seemed total reality.
I was able to write on paper the sentence written on the blackboard and the only thing I cam remember is that " at that point the opposite of all previous history happened " anyway the only word I can remember is " opposite "and maybe a mention to Obama.
In practice , in the dream there was a series of events that were unusual and opposite to the previous historical patterns in the world history.
Than the teacher came to watch my work behind me and I realized there was her shadow on the paper and I asked her questions and than I woke up finding myself indicating things on my bed and " talking with mouth, no sound " saying " They eventually were on top of the world " than I realized it was all a dream.
It has been amazing XD and funny.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I tried writing, once again, my cell phone number in a dream

and COULD NOT

I really think we can't read or write in dreams because as previously stated, a certain type of 'law of physics' won't allow it.

We are not able to transfer information back and forward between the universes......

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I've never really thought about this, but what about the whole "Am i a butterfly dreaming of sung tzu or sung tzu dreaming of a butterfly?" thing... This has been thought of before, but now i think I understand it a little better.... Now if only we could travel to those other universes while awake.... Also... Does this mean that maybe ghosts or other electric anomalys are really just people from parallel universes and not spirits of the dead? Eh that seems liike it would have alot of holes in it but it just popped into my head. Yay for being filterless.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join