It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams are travel to parallel universes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is one of my favourite threads here. I'm just posting this to subscribe and write a semi long winded post on this subject when I get home.

Definitely a topic I have a keen interest in, and I love this theory.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb
reply to post by ButterCookie

I though I would share this
topdocumentaryfilms.com...
It is a documentary about how the parallel universes could exist and if they do and has very thorough research about the topic. Please watch as it is definitely worth it. There are a few more doc's there that are worth a watch too!

Thank you!!! About to watch......

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I argued with a cousin over the weekend, who asserts that dreams are simply our subconscious 'working things out'...no. I do not agree with that either.

Your subconscious does not feel (physically or emotionally), taste, or smell...

Your subconscious does not come with all the details as a dream does ( trees, sidewalks, street signs, birds, etc)

Your subconscious is usually in 3rd person, where you watch the events, including yourself...>Dreams are in 1st person.

And notice that when you wake up, you notice how you are emotionally tied to the events of the dream, and have to actually 'shake' them off.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
I argued with a cousin over the weekend, who asserts that dreams are simply our subconscious 'working things out'...no. I do not agree with that either.

Your subconscious does not feel (physically or emotionally), taste, or smell...

Your subconscious does not come with all the details as a dream does ( trees, sidewalks, street signs, birds, etc)

Your subconscious is usually in 3rd person, where you watch the events, including yourself...>Dreams are in 1st person.

And notice that when you wake up, you notice how you are emotionally tied to the events of the dream, and have to actually 'shake' them off.

Well, I have had both types of experiences, 1st and 3rd person. Once in awhile 2nd person. A lot of times I'm not the same me that I am in my conscious reality. I don't even look the same.

But, I have always (since I was a child) known that I don't always dream in this timeline. I am not sure if I am experiencing small glimpses of other timelines, or glimpses of a potential future, an alternate past, or just accessing things I know because I am an infinite being and have lived each moment forever.

I recognize things that I've never known about, know people I have not yet met, remember places that I've never been, experienced things that I've never experienced - all while my physical body is asleep.

Granted, I do have a wild imagination, and I know that a lot of my dreams are just my crazy self thinking crazy things. I also have a very active mind, I am always thinking and problem solving whether awake or asleep. Some of my dreams ARE graphical representations of me puzzling out my problems.

But, all of my dreams are very detailed and vivid.

The "parallel universe" ones feel like I am me, just in another place. They have the same quality and sense experience as memories, except they aren't memories.

edit on 12/20/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Great thread OP!
I absolutley agree, we only think dreams arnt real because thats what 'they' tell us and i guess what 'they' want us to believe.

S & F
x

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Dreams are already occuring by the time you 'get there'. You appear to have been 'placed' in this other 'You' that exists within another reality; perhaps you are a famous actor, or a mother of four instead of two...but its always 'You'. After you wake, the 'characters' of the dream may not be recognizable where in dreamland they were, and so are places and talents.

Hope I did quote right as I am new here!

What an excellent thought process you have on your topic, very good read, Thankyou!

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mazzle
Great thread OP!
I absolutley agree, we only think dreams arnt real because thats what 'they' tell us and i guess what 'they' want us to believe.

S & F
x

True!!

But now, according to Dr. Michio and other physicists, this theory is taken on more and more support...

Scientists are slowly finding that we travel in our dreams into parallel universes or oceans of multiverses where different things are happening with us – what and who we know and our environments. In dreams we migrate to the multiverse and go on an incredible journey.

TRAVELLING TO PARALLEL UNIVERSES IN OUR DREAMS

and

Scientists now believe there may really be a parallel universe - in fact, there may be an infinite number of parallel universes, and we just happen to live in one of them. These other universes contain space, time and strange forms of exotic matter. Some of them may even contain you, in a slightly different form. Astonishingly, scientists believe that these parallel universes exist less than one millimetre away from us. In fact, our gravity is just a weak signal leaking out of another universe into ours.

BBC article

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by chisisiCoptos

Dreams are already occuring by the time you 'get there'. You appear to have been 'placed' in this other 'You' that exists within another reality; perhaps you are a famous actor, or a mother of four instead of two...but its always 'You'. After you wake, the 'characters' of the dream may not be recognizable where in dreamland they were, and so are places and talents.

Hope I did quote right as I am new here!

What an excellent thought process you have on your topic, very good read, Thankyou!

Thanks for your response!!

In case you did not get a chance to read about some of the 'dreamland' phenomenom that many have noticed:

1. Can't read or write in dreams / I feel that there must be some type of 'universal law' that does not allow for information to be transported from one universe to another.

2. Rarely see your face / I feel that you may be freaked out....maybe you are a different race, much older, much younger, or a different life form all together.

3. Never remember how you got to 'dreamland'/ I feel that we will never the wormhole travel that takes us from 'here' to 'there'.

4. The scene is already 'going on' when you get there / This is one of my many arguments against the notion that dreams are simply your imagination....When you imagine or 'daydream'. you have to create the scene, and it will NEVER be as detailed as it in in dreams.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I have tested this theory but when I eat some food and snacks before I go to bed I have very vivid dreams. This could also be my mind tricking me into this belief because I have trained my mind to believe this. I suffer from chronic pain, I am also young and take a very mild couple of doses of morphine a day. Although taken as directed and never abused, a whole new reality has opened to me during my dreams. I am not necessarily saying I am loaded at bedtime but the narcotic really opens my senses and thought, especially dreaming. I have always had the dreams where my senses are high but since I started on this medicine, I can see a major controlling actions in dreams capability. I feel the need to add for the sense of my comments that I was raised Catholic and schools, etc., but I am starting to believe in past lives based on some of my dreams. I keep a journal because some of my biggest discoveries have gone unexplained for the purpose of it being outside the real of science and understanding. I did make some recent notes in my journal on some advanced concepts but I am still trying to explain the unexplained to my wife. The circumstance that throws me off is the past lives or memory's dreams, some of these dreams have caused a ever-present guilt or odd feeling because I know that I was there? I think I will go take a look at my journal, maybe give some examples?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

I believe there are multiple types of dreams.

Firstly, the dreams you have that are caused from day to day stress, things which are playing on our minds, yet we brush to the side, or would rather forget. These types of dreams have little meaning spiritually other than for you to face up to your problems which you're not stressing from consciously.

Secondly, the dreams which the OP has stated as travelling to a 'parallel universe' where you are experiencing the waking moments of another you so to speak.

Thirdly, the dreams where you visit, communicate, and sometimes sort through problems with people you either cannot, or will not see in your waking life. An example I can give on such dreams which I've had recently. I broke up with my partner of 2 years in August of this year, we had no communication at all for 3 months from August 2nd. 2 or so months into this break up, I started to have dreams where I would be visiting my ex partner, and talk to her, everything was black in the dream, except the 2 of us standing there.

In this type of dream, she was asking for my help, and advice on where to continue on with her life, she was extremely distressed in this dream and I would wake from it with weird feelings and distress myself. It's almost as if it were real and I actually had gone to see her, to speak since we were not in our waking lives. To sum it up, she was screaming out for help from me. These dreams continued for another month, multiple times a week until I finally called her and spoke to her. Everything which happened in the dream, was correct.

I'm not sure where else to expand on this post, I'm pretty much just sharing a personal experience and would like to see if anyone has experienced anything along the lines of this?

(Sorry for sort of changing from the topic subject, I would definitely like to post more about my thoughts on parallel universe type dreams)
edit on 21-12-2011 by Violence because: update

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'm glad I saw this thread because it reminded me I wanted to ask something about this topic to someone who believes the theory in the OP.

So, OP, first off I really like the idea of this theory and I have often thought about the exact same thing, but the other day I woke up with a question, which is this..

If our minds truly are in an alternate dimension, how come this world and my dreams are so often connected?

Example. In my dream I get shot in the hand lets say, and I'm going about my dream and my hand is really hurting(in the dream), then suddenly I wake up and discover my hand was twisted under my leg in an awkward position and is hurting quite a bit in this world too.

Another example. I'm dreaming doing whatever then I hear someone(in the dream) turn on music in the other room and it's really annoying and I want them to turn it down, suddenly I wake up and the music that was playing in the dream is the exact song playing on the radio alarm clock.

Last example, one the happens quite a bit. I'm dreaming, and I just really have to pee, and the whole dream I'm focused on finding a bathroom, which I do, and I pee but when the pee is done and I leave the bathroom the feeling of having to pee is still there, I'll wander through my dreams looking for toilets and peeing several times before finally I wake up and you guessed it, I really had to go pee in the "real" world, too.

Basically, if my mind was really in another dimension experiencing supposedly random alternate realities, why would I, or rather what are the chances that those realities are an abstract version of what is actually happening to "my own" physical body? Is there really another alternate reality where I live in constant discomfort of having to pee? Where no matter what I do I always have to pee more and somehow never run out of pee??? I guess that's the idea of an alternate reality for every single possible outcome?

Lastly, just because I thought of this and want to throw it in, why do our dreams for the most part seem to be(at least to me) like an abstract version of our own thoughts? What I mean is people often dream about things that happened to them during the day, things they were thinking about just before sleeping, things that may be important and upcoming, and also dreams are often about peoples fears they have inside.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the OP. I've followed my dreams for years. In recent dreams I've seen myself and some people that I know living what seems to be an alternate life. In these dreams I'm still me. I still have the same interests but I have a job that I don't have in this reality (although it is a job I would be suited to), I attend classes or workshops in things I'm interested in that reality that I don't attend in this one. I see landscapes very similar to ones I see here but with minor differences --mainly being the colors are more vivid in the alternate reality ones. And theres less pollution and garbage and stuff. I don't know what to make of the dreams but I'm leaning more strongly towards the alternate reality idea.

I've also had a dream that was more real than real. I saw snow capped majestic mountains with a spiral path leading up to the top. There were people walking up it. It was the most gorgeous breathtaking sight I have ever seen in my life. I knew that just over the sides of that mountain was a city. I didn't see it though, I knew it. I asked my husband in the dream cause he was with me, "Where did this come from?" and he answered, "its been here all along." (It was like he was a guide in the dream but that was the only conversation). I was and still am blown away by that dream. I think there is bleed over from other realities into our dreams.
edit on 21-12-2011 by LunaKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

May all your travels be pleasant ones.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
In most of my dreams I have a bigger family. Most of the times I have a younger blonde sister, and I can remember playing with my brother, when we were using much fantasy, we were playing gynecologists ( my father is a doctor ) and we have always played about the birth of a little blonde sister, in July.
In my dreams the sister is born July 9.
I actually saw her on the internet in 2009. She's famous. She's absolutely identical. Same birthday.

Than there is almost always younger twins, I've seen two brown hair, blue eyes kids, and in 2009, in a beach, I recognized one of them in a Luxembourg kid who was a tourist in Italy. His father and my father chatted during a rainstorm on the beach, the man was Italian. My father also talked to the kid, that was looking at us with such deep eyes, I will never forget that. The last time I've seen him he was falling on the ground and my father gave him his hat. We never came back again on that beach. I've been there since I was born, every year.
The birthdate in my dreams was May 28.

In only one dream I've seen a curly hair unknown brother of mine and I was moving from Italy to New York.
In the dream it was the first day in the new home,
Yesterday I had a very weird feeling looking to a person like the one I dreamt,in a mall. He has been visiting my same shops all the time I've been there. I don't know, maybe there is something.

Also, in most of my dreams, there is my younger neighbor, who is my brother. We had been friends for 4 years. He has been my only real brother outside of my actual brother.

The only one I never met in real life is the little blond brother.

I also dreamt so many times about me being the best friend of a certain person, foreigner, from Romania, and every single time I looked at him, in real life only an aquaintance I was feeling weird and even nostalgic of a friendship that never was, here.
He used to stare at me when he met me. I recall one day it looked like he was watching to a ghost.
I just said him " hello ".

I started having memorable dreams in June 2007. Everyone of them was like living a real life.
I would want to move there, sometimes.

Most of the time I believe this theory to be right. I dream things and people and than I see and get to know those people in real life. There must be a link.
I do not only own my real life memories. I actually remember my dreams like I actually lived through them.

There is much more than a bigger family. These " characters " I described appeared singularly in the dreams, like additional brothers and sisters, almost never together.

I dreamt my future girlfriend, when I visited her home and her parents.
In the dreams she gets pregnant from another guy, they don't get along well anymore and she ends up with me and I take the responsability of the newborn.
In real life she is my friend, she's engaged with a guy that she knew after having found me again.

One day I decided to write for the only time in my life that I was searching for my soulmate. On fb.
Seconds passed and she asks my friendship and she writes under that little sentence.
We knew each other in 1996, but we lost ourselves for years.
THAT day, she came back into my life.
Ended up a 2 hour conversation under the soulmate sentence.
It must be some kind of destiny...?

She also told me that she almost got pregnant once in June and she actually dreamt about having a son.
Actually she told me she was sure to be pregnant in June, but than nothing happened.
In my dreams, this story doesn't happen until March 2012.
I don't want them to break up, but I have this deep feeling, I cannot even explain it.

Sometimes I can recognize the writings on books and sometimes not. Sometimes I see the japanese language on a book and sometimes I cannot see the picture clearly.

I love dreaming. I love the so much conforting feeling that this life may not be the only one. That when I die I simply switch universe. To me appears as the most logic thing ever.

In my next life I want to be much different from this life...I would want to try being a little troublemaker, with a real adulescence ( in this life I pretty much never had a troubling adulescence ), I would like to be a quadruplet, a smoker, and owning a motorbike. Please

edit on 21-12-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

I really enjoyed reading your post!!

And I also agree that when we die, we simply switch universes, never even recognizing that this has happened.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hello OP!!! First Post!!!!! So i also have had very vivd dreams my whole life and lucidity has been occuring more frequently in the past few months. My last lucid dream (monday night) has led me to believe that i did indeed expirence another form of "reality" ...BUT...i feel experiences from THIS reality ('awake land') has great influence on things we perceive in 'dream land'..

For example..during monday's lucid dream, upon realizing i was in dream state i decided that i would take it slow this time around and try to explore this 'dream land'..long story short..i ran into this chick from a college near my neighborhood only she had the appearance of another chick that i had class with 3 years ago??

The thing is..i KNEW that this was the OTHER chick from the college near my neighborhood..once we began to converse..i slipped back into the 'dream' so i do see where othere are comming from when they say dreams are our brains running wild

whatcha think???

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

I question dna...If I had different brothers and sisters in almost every dream, and these people are real in this reality, why aren't they my brothers and sisters?
Probably, apart from my neighbor, I've met the people most closely looking like these people.
My neighbor is still my neighbor but in 2010 we had been in a very difficult situation and our families had an argument. We both choosed other things in life after that. I miss him like heck. When we first met it was immediate agreement. I probably will never have the chance to tell him, but he is the only person I would wish never to go away from my life.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thankyou O P Interesting topic an theory I dont understand this comment you made though,,,,,...but its always 'You'.....Are you saying no matter what or where we dream we are always ourselfs?.This is not the case for me quite often when I dream I am someone different,Not even the same sex at times,Ive also been a tree,an many different animals birds fish cats dogs incects,Ive even had dreams where I wasnt sure what I was animal mineral or vegatable.When I was young I always knew when I was dreaming an was able to control them lucid dreaming I think its refered as,However just as I hit puberty I suddenly lost the abillity to know when I was dreaming.No matter how bizzare my dreams are I just cant figure it out an it used to be so easy in my youth,

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I have also had similar experiences with dreaming of people before I have met them. In my case, though, they all turned out to be actual family members. Not the family I was born into, mind you, but the family I grew into.

Each of my children I dreamed of long before they were ever conceived. I think I am supposed to have another daughter, somehow, but I don't understand how that will occur. Maybe she will be an adopted child or foster child, or a girl I will come to think of as my daughter? I don't know, it's a mystery until it unravels!

My belief is that we all have a "soul set". By this, I mean, we are all infinitely connected to a particular group of other souls. I believe that you all exist in a particular incarnation, and will cross paths during that incarnation at one time or another.

Though the members of the soul set may not have the same relationships, genders, generations, and so on during each incarnation, I believe that there is always that instant spark of recognition and instinctive knowledge when one of your soul set mates crosses your path.

It's a nice thing to believe.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by Zagari

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I have also had similar experiences with dreaming of people before I have met them. In my case, though, they all turned out to be actual family members. Not the family I was born into, mind you, but the family I grew into.

Each of my children I dreamed of long before they were ever conceived. I think I am supposed to have another daughter, somehow, but I don't understand how that will occur. Maybe she will be an adopted child or foster child, or a girl I will come to think of as my daughter? I don't know, it's a mystery until it unravels!

My belief is that we all have a "soul set". By this, I mean, we are all infinitely connected to a particular group of other souls. I believe that you all exist in a particular incarnation, and will cross paths during that incarnation at one time or another.

Though the members of the soul set may not have the same relationships, genders, generations, and so on during each incarnation, I believe that there is always that instant spark of recognition and instinctive knowledge when one of your soul set mates crosses your path.

It's a nice thing to believe.

I've thought about this as well...

You know how you get Deja Vu sometimes? You say " Man, I've been here before, around this time of day, doing the same thing"

or "You look soooo familiar....but I don't think we've ever met before" only to have the stranger agree...

I think that these are people and events that haven't happened yet (dreamland allowed for travel into the future) and/ or you simply have only met the person in a dream. This is a fascinating phenomenom!

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join