It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else just feel the earth move in Minnesota?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Just a shout out to see if anyone else just felt shaking (more like rising and falling) in minnesota? We were just in my car on Broadway av in north Minneapolis and felt shaking and undulation for about 40 seconds. It then stopped as suddenly as it started. This was at noon central time. We were at the edge of a bridge on broadway at I-94 and at a full stop. The truck stopped ahead of us also had a chain on it that was vis ably shaking.

Usgs has nothing showing so far. Anyone else experience anything?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by YourPopRock

I live in Rochester, MN... didn't feel anything here. I am in an office building on the 2nd floor.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CORN IS NUTS

Crochester

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
live in Duluth, have not felt anything, although about a month ago rumbling noise was heard in this area, not linked to trians, jets, or any other type of machine. It was weird, lasted about 45 sec. then stopped. happened around 0300 hrs

Did you guys hear about this one? wonder if it's related? www.startribune.com...
edit on 12/5/11 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Any noise with the shaking? I experienced my first earthquake a couple of months ago. Two things that struck me were 1) the sort of rolling back and forth and 2) the loud roar that accompanied the quake. I was most surprised by the noise.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

nothing on the map....

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i was about to reply with sarcasm from the thread title....concerning my wife .lol

but it would only get removed.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
No, sir! I'm at the University campus, which is just a couple of miles from where you were when you felt it. I didn't feel any kind of shaking or undulating of the ground here.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Wierd, my wife and I have been feeling these "shakes" as well, we live in South Saint Paul, we asked many friends but gave up because no one could relate. Isnt the Mississippi and fault line? Now Im gonna pay real close attention!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourPopRock

We were at the edge of a bridge...

That would be my guess.
edit on 12-5-2011 by _Del_ because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If you were on the edge of bridge that is probably what it was that was moving. I've been on a stand still on a bridge before when it was windy and boy do those things move around.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Did you report it to the USGS? I`m sorry I don`t have the link to the page, but sometimes just reporting it will "wake someone up" and get them to check into it.

Also you can download the free program GEE to track what the earth under you is doing. Has saved my sanity often when it took USGS a day or two to post what I was experiencing. Until this year, i had never felt an earthquake, and now here in Arkansas it happens way too often. Not a good feeling!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
There was a mild rumble sound. At first I thought it to be the bridge, but the truck with the chains that were shaking with it was not on the bridge, there was no wind (had windows open)

new topics

top topics

join