It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Airlifted To Hospital After Fight With Cat

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I thought this was a joke when I saw the headline ...... apparently it wasn't...

This wasn't your ideal cat fight.

An altercation between a Cleveland, Texas, man and his feline-foe turned so bloody on Friday that the man had to be air-lifted to a Houston hospital.

According to the The Cleveland Advocate, even the man's knife-wielding attempt at fighting off the animal left both he and the aggressive kitty severely injured.

The result was so gruesome that the man was taken to Cleveland Regional Medical Center, only to have doctors elect for more serious medical attention, calling in air transportation to Houston's Memorial Hermann Hospital.

As for the house cat, local game wardens Danny Diaz and Adam Broll were called in to take her to the Big Thicket Veterinary Clinic, where she was eventually euthanized.

The guy had to defend himself with a knife .. and still lost.
I was waiting for the "oh the cat was actually a lion" but no .. just a house cat. It will make me think twice the next time I'm walking down the stairs and I see my two cats in the dark sitting on the landing giving me the scary "we're watching you" look.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Oh my god.
Is this real?
What is wrong with the world right now.
The cats are attacking. I suggest you all get your kittens de-clawed.
This is why I'm a dog person, seriously.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
GTHFOH!
2nd line...

P.S.
Was the man a paraplegic or something, even then...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

This can't be real!!! Is his kitty a tiger? Perhaps a lion? Okay, maybe a bob cat? I need pictures ASAP! This story makes my head ache

link   
If this is for real, that guy has a problem... I mean getting a knife to fight off a cat... unless this is a big kitty, he should have no trouble fending it off without something catastrophic happening.... something tells me there's more to this story.

S&F

edit on 12-5-2011 by JoeDaShom because: (no reason given)

link   
www.yourhoustonnews.com...

This local news link actually has a picture of the cat. The story, imo ... makes absolutely no sense what so ever. It almost seems like he attacked the cat with a knife first, and the cat instead of running attacked back.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Oh give me a break - that's just a little house cat.
Something is not right about this story. Is the man
disabled, did he inflict injury on himself?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

What type of house cat exactly? Certain breeds that were in the wild can now be had in a home near you. It seems as in the years to come, we will have wilder pets then before that were in their natural habitat. An example video of what a "house cat" can be.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

At some point during the attack, the man and the cat reportedly were injured by a knife the man was holding.

Sounds like he was flailing the knife around wildly, and accidentally sliced himself up.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This first line is purely to keep within the ATS posting requirements.

TIS ONLY A RABBIT!

link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

That is true, but unless this guy brought in a lynx or an adult Simba, there's something majorly wrong here......... wait unless he stole mike tyson's tiger

link   
The poor guy. The story does say both he and the cat were injured by the knife though. Perhaps he fell while scuffling with the cat and landed on the knife. Air lifted, wow.

link   
well..did you ever seen a cat fighting? they are awesome fighters and the claws are weapons...

i wonder what happend to the cat before...must be something..
edit on 12-5-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hell hath no fury like a kitty cat scorned

Transcript of 911 call:

"Help! Mr. Fluffenpuffs didn't get fed in time! Now Im bleeding!"

Really... Come on...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
After reading more about it, sounds like the idiot did most of the damage to himself, while trying to stab the cat. Must be he wasn't very coordinated.
I guess if your trying to stab a cat, you get what you deserve.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Well I am a steadfast supporter of the 2nd Ammendement however,...

I guess there are some who maybe shouldn't be armed!

This whole cat attack thing...
Tis why i have doggies and not kitties.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JoeDaShom

It's already happening. Before you know it, your cats will be replaced with deadly versions of feline and more incidents like this one will occur. Sometimes if the story is too silly to be true then theres something that happened that no one noticed about.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Was the man trying to have sexual relations with his cat?
As this could explain the emergency if he was attacked on his you know where.

s&f for making me laugh
edit on 12-5-2011 by meathed because: the cat scratched my thingy

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That cat must of gotten one or more of his eyes. That would be the only reason he would have been air lifted.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

That dripping sound is the sound of my icy heart melting by watching that video

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join