It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Airlifted To Hospital After Fight With Cat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

Indeed. Who knew something so deadly can be so beautiful as well. I guess this is why some people want a tiger or a wolf as a pet. You never know.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
i have a female cat that will attack any dog no matter the size - it's quite amazing - and we call her "cry baby" but she's bad to the bone - she also has attacked a human after they made the mistake of picking up one of her small babies!

the domestic cat still retains their predatory ways -

we did not domestic the species - they domesticated us - we are their slaves -

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Estimates are the animal weight 20 lbs. It's not unheard of for a juvenile bobcat or even an adult bobcat to wander into someone's home. It's happened here. They will jump on you, especially if they're sick or really threatened.

I'm thinking it wasn't a regular house cat. A friend of my dad's got attacked by a bob in his own house. It turned out to be rabid. He managed to get to the gun and shoot it. He has it stuffed and on display in his office, but he also has a calf full of scars to remind him of the encounter. There was another case in Arizona where a bob wandered into a bar and attacked patrons.

Here's a video of it.

If this was a regular house cat, why in the heck would someone reach for a knife? What kind of person's first thought when confronted with a house cat is "Quick, I'd better stab it?" I'd understand the reaction if it were a wild animal, but why not just call animal control before it mauls you?

You have to have a permit to own wild animals here. There's a lot of hoops to jump through. Don't know if it's that way in TX. However, as irresponsible as some pet owners are I can see them dumping off their exotic cats in the country, especially in this economy. Animal shelters are full so maybe they think the animal has better odds on its own. Domestic cats can cause a lot of damage when they're scared, a wild cat even more. Both the cat in the original story from TX and the one that wandered into the bar died. The only way to test for rabies is brain matter and unfortunately that means death for the animal.
edit on 12-5-2011 by tncryptogal because: wrong state.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

haha.. someone has a Lynx as a house cat? Insane..

The cat in question, however, is a typical Calico cat. I have a cat that looks much like the supposed suspect (or victim?)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I demand pics!

Seriously I wanna see this beast cat, or perhaps the most frail human ever.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

True, a cats claws are dangerous, we just don't give them credit. I have a 25lb orange cat that when cornered makes a grumbling noise that shakes the floor .. when we got a dog for the first time we quickly learned letting them play = expensive vet bills when she needed stitches on her snout once the cat was through with her.

(I openly root for the kitty! The wife takes the dogs side)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrydog
well..did you ever seen a cat fighting? they are awesome fighters and the claws are weapons...

i wonder what happend to the cat before...must be something..
edit on 12-5-2011 by angrydog because: (no reason given)

^^ this.... I can remember back in '87 here in the UK when suddenly dogs were in th press for attacking humans, I had a 13 stone Rotty at the time and it made me sad when I took him to the park and people would run like crazy and shout at me to get a muzzle.
But since then more and more dogs have been in the press for attacking....

I blame poor breeding, poor diet..... lack of dog handling and care... for example if it is a hot day ALL my children know not to pay too much attention to our dog, we don't know how she is feeling and if THEY feel hot and ratty they can sya SHOVE OFF but the dog only has her vocals and teeth.

Now a lot of cats here in the UK are being interbred to make 'pretty kitties' same as the dogs with the stupid doodle craze & wahwah craze...

There are also a lot of people who don't neuter their cats so a lot of interbeeding is going on...

not ALL cats (like dogs) are good with stress, children, heat, noise...... and size does not determine anger..... I'd rather deal with a grumpy doberman than a grumpy chihuaha.... IYKWIM?

and to finish... O have seen a friends cat acting mental and attacking her and her family... I suggested worming the cat... they did and he calmed right down.

So... anything is possible.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
HA HA I love it when I type like a doof.... sorry for all the typos..... typing with one hand and in dusklight!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

this is about as domestic as some crazy cat can be.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It was just a common house cat. It doesn't make sense that a full grown man would need a knife to defend himself. Something fishy here.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Stop-loss!

I've raised every animal you can imagine...had many of them in the house when they were young and I grew up with them including an african lion we kept in the house for a while until he started getting real big...the guy probably aggravated the cat somehow or was treating it like crap...it's the only reason most any animals will attack is if they're threatened......unless they're rabid...my guess is this guy was just an idiot

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The cat came at the owner with a knife, because its Meow Mix was stale.
The owner wrestled with the cat, was able to get the knife away.
Both the owner and cat received injuries.
Toonces the cat was placed into intensive care, but past later that day.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I cant belive that man had to fight off that common house cat with a knife thats so over the top its laughable id love to see pics of the guys injurys..

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
seriously can't you just kick the cat or something if you think you're in danger but even that's laughable. could just leave and come back in an hour and it will be fine.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Poor cat.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
That's a mad story! Ninja cat??
His health insurance company is going to have fun when it comes to processing that claim!
Medical notes,
ER reports,
Pilots report(just for a laugh)
pictures???

I think his premiums will go through the roof.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

25 pounds! that's sum big kitty you have - my "dingleberry" was 12 lbs - awesome hunter - tracks opossums - and once a staffordshire terrior (massive jaws) came with my son to visit - "dingleberry" did not hesitate -

my other cat "cry baby" once looked like a flying squirrel with all 4's as she attacked a stray dog that weighed at least 45-50 pounds and chased that dog under a neighbor's house - i mean "cry baby" went under too - that poor stray stayed with us for almost a year until his master found him - i named the dog "sir lancelot" - he would lie down and not move if a cat came near - amazing really!

btw, nice to talk to you again - it's been a long time -

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
seriously can't you just kick the cat or something if you think you're in danger but even that's laughable. could just leave and come back in an hour and it will be fine.

Cats can jump very high and trying to escape may be impossible, it will run to the doorway and continue swatting.

I was attacked by a domestic cat that my daughter had brought in. I didn't like the cat, it was viscious.
It attacked me one night, it was unbelievable how it fought and I too ended up in hospital. I did provoke it. It was attacking my own cat and I pushed it away to protect my cat and it got very pissed off at me.

It began jumping as high as the celing! No lie. It would jump up. then fly ascross the room at my face, determined to kill me it seemed. I was picking up kitchen chairs trying to fend it off, but I simply couldn't protect myself or escape. It had me cornered. It bit two holes right through my finger, scratched my legs right through my jeans. It just kept lunging at me. latching on with it's claws.

The hospital staff said they'd never seen anything like it. It had already caused an infection and i was put on IV, then given a tetanus shot in case it was rabid.
It ran away after that and I never saw it again.

That said I would never declaw my cats. It's cruel because they need them to fend off other animals.
All my cats I've owned have been good natured, or I wouldn't keep them.
Most cats love me and find me very approachable, except this hideous creature.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I love cats but I suppose there may be a bad
apple here and there just as it is with other
animals and humans. Myself for defense
from a cat or a dog is to use a water squirter.
It startles them and they back off, giving you
time to escape or whatever and its humane.

I did have a kitten run across the room and up
my back - that hurt and left deep scraches
down my back. Had to get it treated at the ER.
He was a gentle kitten otherwise, I think he
just had a kitten moment and thought I was
a ladder or something.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
it's crazy when kittens do that and try to perch on your head. my cat would maybe get his legs off the ground and then fall on his fat jello ass.

I love my fat fuzzy little buddy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join