It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Colin Powell Chief of Staff: Bush didn't want to get bin Laden

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
And then there was the Bush-bin Laden relationship

The Historic Ties

Perhaps even more curious about this Bush/bin Laden symbiosis is that it predated the 9/11 attacks and involved other family members and friends.

In 1979, Bush’s former National Guard buddy James Bath was the sole U.S. business representative for Salem bin Laden, scion of the wealthy Saudi bin Laden family and Osama’s half-brother. While fronting for Salem bin Laden, Bath helped bankroll Bush’s first company, Arbusto Energy, by investing $50,000 for a five percent stake. [For details, see Neck Deep.]

In the 1980s, the fortunes of the Bush and bin Laden families crossed paths again. George H.W. Bush – as vice president and president – supported a CIA program to aid Islamic mujahedeen in their anti-Soviet jihad in Afghanistan. It was during that conflict against the Soviet army that Osama bin Laden traveled to Afghanistan and established himself as a legendary Islamic fighter.

In early 1989, President George H.W. Bush spurned Soviet President Mikhail Gorbachev’s proposal for a political settlement in Afghanistan and chose to continue the CIA war, even after the Soviets withdrew. That decision contributed to the rise of the Taliban in the mid-1990s and the formation of al-Qaeda out of veterans of the anti-Soviet jihad. [See Consortiumnews.com’s “Why Afghanistan Really Fell Apart.”]

By the late 1990s, the Clinton administration recognized Osama bin Laden and his new al-Qaeda organization as a major terrorist threat to the United States. However, once in the White House, President George W. Bush let down the nation’s guard.

When the CIA warned him on Aug. 6, 2001, that bin-Laden was determined “to strike inside the U.S.,” Bush brushed off the warning and went fishing. Rather than rallying the government to examine available clues and tighten security, he continued a month-long vacation.

A little more than a month after the CIA warning, on the morning of Sept. 11, George H.W. Bush and members of the bin Laden family were participating in a Carlyle Group investment meeting in Washington. It was disrupted by the machinations of another branch of the bin Laden family, when Osama’s al-Qaeda operatives hijacked planes and crashed them into the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.

According to one source, a bin Laden family member at the Carlyle meeting immediately sensed who was behind the terror attacks and removed his name tag.

In the following days, as the Justice Department was jailing hundreds of Arab cab drivers and other “usual suspects,” George W. Bush cleared the bin Ladens to fly out of the United States, after only cursory interrogations by the FBI, by letting them board some of the first planes that were allowed back into U.S. air space. [For details, see Craig Unger’s House of Bush, House of Saud.]

source

Bush kill a bin Laden? I don't think so.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by desert

The Carlysle Group is one of the most interesting and least discussed aspects of the whole shadowy events behind 9-11 and Bin Laden.

A investment capital firm that acquires preferred stock in high tech defense corporations in exchange for capital and has over three hundred defense and high tech companies under it's corporate umbrella, and is reputed to be the 10th richest investment capital firm in the world.

Owned principly by the Bush, Bin Laden and Blair families the War on Terror in Afghanistan and Iraq has made those companies and their stock worth a fortune.

It is perhaps the strongest circumstantial link that there is to 9-11 being an inside job, and one of the most dangerous aspects of the conspiracy to investigate and discuss because of the extremely powerful interests that own the Carlysle Group.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I was 'bout 20 back when, I recall thinking, "I should really should invest in all the companies Bush
and has ties to" - I was really attuned to what he was all about as a junior... Next time a president
gets elected with management ties or familial ties to an industry or companies, I am jumping in whole hog.

you think about it his team got massive rewards in their fields, Condi with Oil, Dick with offense....

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
All this circus BUSH-BIN LADEN, was a very well orquestrated partnership.IF U SEE THE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS USED in the so call war on terror , u will think that the offer and demand played again a big role,sadly at the expense of american lives.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

You know thats a pretty good idea but the truth is there are two kinds of stock in most corporations, preferred and common.

It's hard to get a hold of preferred stock you really have to be a principle investor or insider, it's a lot more stable and pays a much better dividend, than common stock does.

One of my friends invests a good bit of his money in a "Vice Fund" that specialices in the military industrial, tobacco, liqour and other companies, that tend to oddly enough always do well.

It's sound thinkng.

Hopefully one day you will be richer than they all are and can do something to make the world a better more peaceful place since they won't.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I've had the impression that Bin Laden accepted the blame and thus the credit for 9/11 but had nothing to do with it. Wouldn't every fundamentalist with a thing against the US "die" to accept the blame for such a thing? It would be like handing him martyrdom on a platter.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

What type of an advantage would Bush have if he didn't catch Osama before leaving office?

It makes no sense.

Think about it.

edit on 13-5-2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
More incendiary comments from Wilkerson about "delusional, deceptive" Rumsfeld, and predicting that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Fife, Addington, et al will not travel outside the U.S. except perhaps to Israel or Saudi Arabia, for fear of indictment for war crimes.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'm not surprised but it's sad that this information only came out for partisan reasons
so sad, what a disgusting state of affairs

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Every totalitarian state needs its Emmanual Goldstein to keep the masses in fear and to whip up hate.

Osama Bin Puppet was the plastic boogeyman monster of the US Military Industrial Block Corporate Fascist State.

Now wait to see what platic boogeyman monster they create next to enable them to pass ever more laws to remove our rights and undermine the constitution.

Gotta keep them wars going boys !

Wars equal profits.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Thanks for bringing this bit of news, that you don't have to be a genius to see that the propaganda was to get into Iraq with the excuses of getting Bin Laden in Afghanistan and Saddam "weapon of mass destructkion" we have been played by our own corporate whores like if we were dumb and stupid.

I still have the hopes that by now people have seen the deceptions behind the whole Bin Laden pony show.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

You are exactly right.
Refreshing to see someone who can see the light.

The Bin Laden family is second richest in wealth after the Saud's themselves.

The Bush family have been long time riding on the Saudi/Bin Laden money train making profits on investing these wealthy individual's money in the US in Banks and Real Estate.

Salem Bin Laden was an investor in Bush's failing Arbusto energy. Which was really just a front to get oil platforms into the gulf in which to smuggle coc aine.

Also as to how Bush senior financed his original presidential campaign.
The Saudis flew Cash into the US and the had Americans pledging the funds as campaign contributions.
Bath was involved with this and they were even caught doing it.
It was swept under the rug...as with most criminal activity committed by the Royal family of Bush.

Don't believe that this "Administration" is any different. Obama himself is different in that he doesn't come from a wealthy family but the people who control the USA haven't changed at all.
Obama is simply another order taker....they say "Jump" and Obama says " How High?" !

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Indeed. Now, with my next statement I don't want to open up a debate over who is responsible for 9-11. I will just say that even if all Bush did with 9-11 was use it as an excuse to start a war (especially with Iraq), which benefited those corporations, that alone is a most despicable act. We are still suffering today (human and dollar loss) because of his decision to start a war, a war most badly carried out.

After 9-11, bin Laden family members were allowed to get away from America, so I am not surprised that Bush would allow OBL to avoid harm. Any POTUS who kisses a Saudi Prince on the lips would be capable of kissing other body parts of the bin Laden family.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by desert

Exactly, I wonder how much money the Bin Laden were given to allowed their patriarch to take the blame for 9/11 knowing that he was a dying man already in 2001.

We live in time and age that money talks and Bull # walks.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   

more sheeps are waking up every day

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I can believe Bush didn't want to get Bin Laden. Bush was all about the thunder and the speeches of victory and not so much about the little details and hard work.

I've always suspected that either through shrewed political manuvers or just dumb luck Bush set up the perfect storm for whoever would replace him. Start two unwinable wars that you just can't walk away from, bust the bank and then let your replacment take the heat as you write your memoirs.

Bush and Cheney must be laughing their butts off everyday.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

You know that Bush publicly told the media when asked if he was still looking for Bin Laden he said that he didn't know where Bin laden was and that he didn't care, thats because he already was up to the neck in Afghanistan and Iraq getting what he was to deliver to his pimps in corporate America that he was so fond off.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Of course he didn't. They needed their bogyman.

The day we decided to not prosecute the Bush regime is the day America died.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Scytherius

Of course he didn't. They needed their bogyman.

The day we decided to not prosecute the Bush regime is the day America died.

It was a heck of a lot earlier than that.

The 1913 Federal Reserve Act, might be forgiven but NOT the following:

In 1917 Congressman Lindbergh (R) brought articles of impeachment against members of the Federal Reserve Board including Paul Warburg and William Proctor Gould Harding...

And AGAIN Congressman Wright Patman (D) in January of 1932, spearheaded a movement to impeach Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon.

And yet AGAIN, Congressman Louis T. McFadden (R) brought formal charges against the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve Bank system, The Comptroller of the Currency and the Secretary of United States Treasury for numerous criminal acts, including but not limited to, CONSPIRACY, FRAUD, UNLAWFUL CONVERSION, AND TREASON on May 23, 1933.

Too bad we no longer see men of that caliber running for office....

Instead we see people placing the Bankster puppets like FDR, JFK and Clinton on pedestals instead of see they are just as much to blame as the republicans.

Look into the London School of Economics, Rhodes Scholarships and the Fabian society for the connections.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
hes been dead many years despite what some disinfo agents say on this thread and other places the psyop is maintained, sick and twisted people are everywhere there is an attempt to seek the truth,its been this way since 1946

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join