It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11:11 Elevens Everywhere?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

well...that's pretty neat...thx

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i woke up on 11:11 today

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So I read this thread yesterday and the strangest thing happened to me today. I was on my lunch break. I ordered my food then took out my phone to play games while waiting. As you might guess, the time was 11:11. I thought to myself: "that was kind of strange, but I bet we just notice that time more than others. I wonder if I could keep count of how many times I look at a clock every day." But then I look back at my phone and it's 11:13. So now I'm thinking: "That's really weird. No way could a whole minute have passed." The waitress then brings me my Coke so my attention is broken. I look at my phone again, now it's 11:14. Now I'm really starting to get weirded out. I start to wonder if I'm dreaming (because of something I read a while back about lucid dreaming that said if you look at a clock twice and the time is different then you know you are dreaming) even though in a dream, the time would be very different, not a couple minutes. So here I am in the restaurant truly trying to figure out if I'm dreaming. Thankfully not many people are in Buffalo Wild Wings at 11am, so no one saw me looking around the restaurant with what surely was a strange expression on my face

I determine I'm not dreaming, look at the phone again and now it's 11:15. All of this happened in about 45 seconds. I am sure of this.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm not going to get too deep, but I have seen 11:11 pretty much everyday I can remember, since I was a kid. For 20 years probably. I see the clock sometimes 1:11, 3:11, 8:11, basically 95% of the time I look at a score board, look at the minutes left in a round of a fight, the time on my com, when I look through the tv for something, when I turn on the coffee pot, I see the minute on 11, I'm used to it, don't know what to think of it, don't care anymore, cause it happens and happens and happens, I was seeing this before the internet was formed and knew this was even a so called phenomena.

I seen 11:11 last night, then 12:11, then 2:11 just last night, already seen it once today. Thats just how it is, I don't think nothing of it, but if it is something trying to tell me something, I wish it would just come out and tell me already.

I used to be trippy about it, I would show other people, ask people the time when I didn't have a watch and they would call out 11 of some sort, it just doesn't matter, this number must like me is all I can say.

I see it everyday 100% at least 4-8 times, hell the only time I think about it is when I cross paths with threads of it.

It's happened too frequent to call it anything else but interresting yet unanswered. It would be cool to think it means something more, but at this point I don't know.

The actual 11:11 number however I see at least 6 nights out of the week. The minutes of hour about 30-50 times a week, ( yeah i know), but its true thats all I can say, my family and friends have seen it occur.

Ex: I was installing some guitar strings on Friday night, when I was done, I simply picked up my cell and it was 11:11, it happens like that everyday, just out of the random. I kinda think its cool. I just dont get all worked up over it.

So to make it all clear, out of the 20-30 times I look at things that factor into numbers of clocks during a day, I see 11 all but 3-4 times out of the 20-30 or so times, believe me or not, it's true my friends.

Side edit:
I only found it fitting since I see the number soo much to be the 11th flagger.

edit on 17-5-2011 by JAGx1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by JAGx1981

Fitting indeed.
Thanks for your input. Be sure to give a good read to Agarta's posts. Definitely interesting.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by canselmi

This reminds me of a thread about timeslips recently. Do a search for "time slip". You should find several of them, but only a few recent ones. It might click with what you experienced.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avyuir
reply to post by Klassified

Maybe it seems like they see a lot of 11's because they heard about the 11 :11 "phenomenon". I never noticed 11's til I read here... now I notice everytime I see an 11...hahahaha.

Bingo. I feel like a lot of people read far too into things like this, and head headlong into a mental positive feedback loop. You think about the coincidence of seeing 11:11 a lot, you subconsciously notice notice 11:11 more. This topic has always reminded me of the movie 'The Number 23'. There are a few things I think a lot of people on ATS could do with some reading up on, such as apophenia.

Random events can form a pattern. If you look at the clock at random intervals, which I know I do, you are bound to catch a certain time more often than others for any number of reasons. But 11:11 is a very distinct time, and so you're more likely to remember seeing it. That might form a 'pattern' to you, even if it is random in the first place.

The 11:11 "phenomenon" gets a lot of exposure, which only makes the problem worse. You are noticing 11:11 because you are concerned with noticing 11:11.

I don't mean to step on any toes here, though. I'm not claiming what I'm saying to be the final truth. The point of debate shouldn't be to win, but to collaborate and compare arguments.

I will say that 420 being a conspiracy strikes me as rather ironic, though.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Hi, I am new to this site as of a few minutes ago. so hello to all! This topic caught my eye, quickly. The number 11 has followed me my whole life, i am female, if that makes a difference, lol i dont know. Just thought id add that in. The house i grew up in was # 1 willow st. i was born, 1/11/1963, this yr my birthday was 1/11/11 , the man i married, was born on 12/11. he was born at 9:22 am i was born at 1/22 am. 2 into 22 is eleven. my husband first and last name the letters add up to 11. when we moved , the house we moved into was number street house number 11. our first child was born on july 11, ohhh, we met on november 11th, >11/11, and mind you we didnt think anything of this until one nite we were both watching tv. and both looked at the clock and at the same time , said"look at the time its 11:11,. Then we started seeing it everywhere for many many yrs, i cant even go on about it, it would take hrs to type all of it. This yr. on my 1/11/11 birthday i went to the store bought 2 different items at 2 different cash registers,(different departments in the store), Looked at my reciepts when i got home and both reciepts were for 11dollars and 11 cents. Now.... My husband was diagnosed with terminal cancer last year in march , they started his treatments on march 11. His cancer doctor address is or i should say was 111 marys avenue. he fought one hell of a battle, till this past february of 2011, he ended up in the hospital february 11. 2011. His room number was 1112. My husband had a dream on march 11th that he was in another dimension, that is what he told me, and March 12th he lost his battle with cancer and died at 735pm. A number he played everyday for 15 yrs. it came out 2times while he was in the hospital. I told the funeral director i needed two plots, one for him and one for me someday, and asked him to please take care of it for me, i was to upset to go to the cemetary to pick out plots. My husband used to say to me, what does it mean, the number 11, and i would say i dont knw it must mean something, its way to strange. i recieved the deed in the mail about 2 weeks ago, for the plots. My husband is in plot number 11, and when my time comes ill be rite next to him in plot number 12,> my husbands birthday 12/11/1952. Its scaring me, everytime my son calls me its 11 11 or when we get done talking the time on the phone says we talked 11min and 11 sec. I read about it being a spiritual number. But this kinda freaks me out. Can anyone explain this to me. oh and the number 735 that my husband played all the time, is strange with us too, i was born in room number 357, the beginning of my Liscence is 357. my son was born in hospital room 357. i got a extremely odd phone call while i was getting dressed for my wedding, answered the phone and a very very old women said to me , i told yoou not to carry that 357! and she hung up. the telephone pole outside our home has metal numbers on it, 357.and after i buried my husband, i came home, took the dog out, walked him up the road, looked at the telephone pole in front of our home, and the number 5 was hanging down but still attached to the pole. OHHHH can someone help me try to understand this , , i dont believe in coincedents

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

It's kind of weird that you posted this tonight, Klassified. Check out an "EDIT" I made to one of my previous posts tonight:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just one of those bizarre and synchronistic things, I guess!!

Timidgal

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by knl111

I got one for you with the hospital. I got a mystery illness when I turned 11, they didn't know what was wrong with me, my fever was 107, I was in a daze and just remember the tube and everyone crying it was a long time ago.

Heres the only weird thing, around that time could have been a year or less later I remember I started seeing 11's alot, never said nothing to anyone for years.

I have never been to a doctor or sick since, I dont even have medical records, not even a cold im 29 now lol.

So a few years ago I looked thorugh a box of my old stuff and found my release sheet, I was submitted at 8:11.

Kinda wierd but still not enough to get me going into overdrive mode, I never knew 11 was a factor in anything until a couple years ago, and it has happened the same rate as it did before I hit puberty, so the fact I know about it now has no bearing on why I see, I wish I knew more and had more advice to give, but if you all want a real case from a critic of most things this is the only thing I really have experience with that I cannot figure out.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by knl111

Welcome to ATS knl111 and I know that some of these things can seem really scary at times like some huge ominous message is being sent to you by the universe. The best response I can provide is that you should do a general search of "11:11" because there are so many threads on this topic with so many diverse thoughts and opinions being exchanged, I couldn't begin to give the topic justice. Take some time and peruse the old threads - I'm sure you'll find some comfort in some of them!

Timidgal

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Great post! Since I have read about this before i never took it too seriously but im starting to wonder if I should but I have always been known for being the keeper of my family and friends, if it does mean I am enlightened I'll take it but I am too humble to say im anything other than a normal person.

I will read through it better another time.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Ha i have this same problem. for some reason anytime its 11:11 am or pm my mind just wanders after the clock. almost as if its just a sense that its 11:11. idk the significance of it but its weird. i also notice the clock when its 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, 4:44...and so forth with all numbers. gets me every time lol

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HispanicPanic

See thats my issue with it. I stopped the having a sense of it occuring a long time ago it happened so much and nothing good or bad ever happened.

So for the past ten or so years I just see it at random and think nothing of it, it is just there always and i see 11's no other combo, and when I did keep a small journal before I got bored doing it was literally 20 11's to 5 normals viewings of time for that day.

Now I do nothing but share my experience on here about it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Actually I started this thread on the 12th. But still interesting.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by knl111

Welcome to ATS. Glad to have you aboard. And looking forward to seeing your take on the variety of topics we discuss here.

Thanks for sharing your story. Quite interesting. And my belated condolences on your loss.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It's one of those things that can go on and on because it's something we all experience that's so freaky yet fascinating at the same time. We should ask the mods if they would consider having a separate forum for 11:11 stories...

Timidgal

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsBlink

Yeah bingo, why didn't I think of that in the 20 or so years I have seen it. Done tried the confirmation bias/ mental issues with brain the thing, and the numbers or patterns don't add up, that declaration of that as a explanation for me has been debunked.

You know everyday I have seen these numbers since I have been a member here I laugh, an 'say, '' yeah I'm really programmed to see this number when I hop out the shower and look at the clock and it is 12:11. ''

Oh how I wish it was that simple. Trust me if you read my posts on here I don't believe in many things that seem out there, but I am a spiritual person and have faith there are things we cannot understand, this for me is one of those instances.

But I don't know so I can't say it is or isn't anything, but I can say it has nothing to do with any bias of any any sort, I got more than 15 people through the years that can clarify I have asked time without a watch and there it is, my best friend used to say '' damn man you and that number 11'' now he doesn't say anything lol. He has even got used to it.

ex: Im camping in the woods didn't care what time it was, was night fishing, felt like it was 3 am, asking my bud the time he said 3:11.

I mean you have to consider that is interresting, maybe im a magician,
But naw thats not it either.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by knl111

Hello and welcome to ATS. I find your story very interesting. Would you do me a favor and go to this link www.abovetopsecret.com... and read and practice the technique I posted there. Please do this for a week and send me your experiences as best you can. I think you can U2U from the start, if not post it in that thread. The reason being is that I believe that you are more awake than you think. Almost like you are facing forward but the elevator door opened to your right.

Anyone else that would like to try the technique please do and send me the results.

This Technique is designed to teach one to recognize the different levels of frequency, develop visualization, and center your thoughts.

Thank you in advance. If you choose not to I will not be offended, your comfort in this is important.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Almost EVERY time I look at the clock or right before beginning/ending an activity, I get 11 combo numbers... 22, 33, 44, 55... or things like 2:02, 3:03, etc..
It is effecting my friends now as well.. they'll randomly get the urge to check the clock right at those times, and some days it's literally non-stop for me.. it's beginning to be VERY odd.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join