It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal Gun story you won't see on the news!!

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightbreed67

I agree. If everyone is packing heat, noone would dare to draw their firearm.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Ever thought of running for office?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I had a gun pulled on me once and my wallet demanded. I told the guy it was just inside the car (lying), and he told me to get it, and I jumped in started it and drove away. lol....he didn't do nothing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If you want to,and you are allowed,carry a gun...thats a personal choice...if someone else doesnt like it,either sit at a keyboard and call people names,get off your butt and campaign to change the laws,or.....well,get over it....my handgun goes everywhere I go and my shotgun stays in my vehicle,and my home is covered....you have 3 choices to pick from

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You really acted wisely for that kind of situation ,acting tough in this situations can only make things worst .

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AcesAndNates

I thought about it for a while. Then I realized I didn't have the stomach for the BS. I also realized I didn't have access to the money.

posted on Jun, 7 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
thanks for shareing. glad everything worked out, hope the detective you spoke to can find somethin on them people and stop them before they catch someone not as well prepared as you and your wife

posted on Jun, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I would of shot out their tires as I ride away. Obviously they were up to something bad. And them approaching your wife, would of made me furious. I most definitely would of pulled the gun, and scared the living # out of them.

I am 18 years old, and I used to own a handgun. My granddad (illegally, but I dont care) gave me his .38. A lil handgun that could rip a mans head clean off if I put slug rounds in it. ----- I since ditched the gun, in fear that the cops would eventually find it on me. Thatt was a huge mistake. I wish I still had that gun, because knowing world turmoil is not far, I want some safety. I might go out and buy a nice shotgun (legal, at my age), preferably not a hunting rifle, a shotgun. ---- I prefer handguns, because they are more accurate, and you can conceal them. If I have the chance before I turn 21 to buy a handgun, I will.

Guns are power, I have had to use it before, I might add, and I'm only 18. Didn't fire it, but had to point it towards the offender.

Anyway, my point is, everyone here should carry at least some weapon on them. -- To the original poster, props to you for asserting yourself to the scumbags. I would of got in their face though, and if they refused to answer my question, well, I probably would of made them answer your question. -- I'm not really the violent type of guy (I can be though, trust me), or the one that likes scaring people... but I mean come on.. those #bags were up to no good.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by summerbreeze.ddp

Bravo, friend. I have been in a similar situation. It is very unsafe out there, especially for women.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

I totally agree. I am 63 and live alone. One late afternoon, I was sunbathing in my back yard. I felt someone looking at me and when I opened my eyes, there were two teen boys in my backyard; just standing there. I sat up and asked them: "do you have business here?" They didn't say anything. I then told them to get the hell off my property. They stayed for a few moments, just staring at me. It freaked me out. I then went out and got my permit to carry and I keep my revolver close by me.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The only problem that i see with owning guns if they were to be legal for public use is that there is always a percentage of people that will not use them in a responsable way .

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by elyaeno

Sure, but if the responsible owner vastly out number the irresponsible ones then the effects are mitigated. No more "massacres" where one person is armed and exploits that extra force to harm dozens of others. If everyone has equal force the massacres go away.

Also, currently a certain percentage of people misuse prescription drugs, misuse 2 ton automobiles, misuse internet access, but we still understand the vast good outweighs the occasional abuse. We don't outlaw those things just because a certain percentage of people will misuse them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That is such a funny story. I would love to know what they were actually planning. Random truck stops to murder a blond over a harley? Now that, is a little hard to swallow. Random truck stops to take unattended harley? Now that, I can believe.

Not sure how the gun relates either. I don't think they would've challenged you if you were unarmed. They were just looking for a quick grab, assuming they were up to no good at all.
edit on 24-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
OP Awesome story man. Smart and cautious is the right approach. I can't believe all the "If you own a gun it will get used on you!" I guess they don't consider that the other person might have a weapon? Or that it's only a problem if you miss? I'm glad you didn't have to hurt anyone.

I agree, that quiet air of confidence in seemingly horrible circumstances has saved my bacon, gun or no gun, on many occasions. Good job man.

To all the people afraid of guns, I'm sorry for ya. They're only dangerous if you point them at the wrong thing. Or if you leave them around where anyone can grab them.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

The funny thing is, those two shifty and scary fellows may have just stopped to offer her a lift. It wouldn't be the first time a harley broke down, nor the first that some oh so scary country folks stopped to help. Way too much reading into things here.

Believe it or not there are people in this country that will still stop and haul you and your busted bike to the nearest town if you're lucky enough to run into them. Now, whether or not her looks had anything to do with it is another story.

I've seen entirely too many jumpy people to believe those people were up to no good just because they, one stopped, two cleared the truck bed, and three didn't meet with your standards of approval. Even myself have been scared to death, just to find out the guy only wanted a light.

Personally, I think they were clearing the bed of the truck to offer an attractive woman with a broken harley a ride, saw a husband, said to themselves, WHOOPS, and left.

edit on 24-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

You are wrong. I live in "the country" and trust me there's plenty of rednecks and meth heads to compare.

That they didn't say anything says EVERYTHING about the encounter. If they were friendly it would have been obvious from the get go, it was more than shady. As far as a reasonable man can tell, he likely saved her virtue at best, and her everything at worst.

People from the Country very well know if you walk up to a stranger in the middle of nowhere it's best to announce yourself when you're fairly close, so they don't accidentally draw a weapon and shoot you if you scare them.

But, what would I know, actually knowing things.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

You sound paranoid. Why is it always the paranoid people that own hand guns? Ya know that's exactly why my Dad has said handguns get people killed my entire life. Over assertiveness.

What would've happened if the driver of that truck pulled out a 12 gauge and went to town on him and his wife while he tried to hit something with that snub nose .38? You KNOW it was a snub nose carry .38 that couldn't hit a darn thing.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

I am not being paranoid in the least. You sound monumentally naive. Being able to defend ones self has been a primary survival tool for all of human history. Grow up a little.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

Walking around thinking you can defend yourself when you can't, and trying to be "assertive" because of the way someone looks is a good way to start a fire fight that you can't win.

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26 >>

join