It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A personal Gun story you won't see on the news!!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

Oh but that is where your wrong. The reason this country is in the horrible condition it is, where you now must lock your doors at night is because robbers and criminal like the 3 in this story now have RIGHTS, and if you shoot them, you could be in danger of going to jail. Because of people like you.

Unlike your weak mind where you think people shouldn't be judged without the use of a third party, I don't need such a handicap. If I was there and seen this going down, they would have been dead. And shoot again on the ground just to make sure they were dead.

Grow up and be a man. I hate weak minded criminal sympathizers. Shoot these people in the head and send a message to the other criminals in that area.
edit on 17-5-2011 by KJV1611 because: i can

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Then you would be a criminal. You cannot shoot people because of suspicion.... You give responsible gun owners a bad name... If someone breaks into your house, sure shoot em down. Shooting people because you think they are suspicious? That is murder, no doubt.

Also shooting people that are on the ground, no longer a threat? Also murder....
edit on Tue, 17 May 2011 10:45:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My response to SR71: The faking of a cellphone conversation with the police is a last ditch effort to diffuse a potentially violent confrontation with the bad guys. It might make the bad guys think that you are really talking to the police, and make them think twice about making a violent attack on your person.
I personally seen it work at our private gun range on a garbage can diving crazed old brass hound hunter, who was a non-member trespassing on gun club property. The RSO who was carrying a displayed pistol on his side when he ordered the man off the property. When he did not respond, the RSO faked a cell phone conversation with the police on his cell phone. When he told the brass hound that the police were coming, he drifted off the property.

My response to KNEVRR:

It's obvious that you did not read my first post on this thread. I would suggest to you, that next time, you should read all posts; before making your own post.

As for making the call that I made a "wise crack mockery nonsense" about "pulling out a Sterling submachine gun."
Dude, I'm totally serious.

I've had the unfortunate experience of being mugged, beaten and robbed by a gang of six men one night.

But to call me a "closed minded gun hater?" Get real man, and come off that high flying cloud that your on, and get a grip on reality.

Foofighter's forever,

Erno86

edit on 17-5-2011 by Erno86 because: typo

edit on 17-5-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

If there dead..who's to say they didn't attack me first? Shoot them. Besides, I would have waited around just a few minutes just to see what they were up too. My wife carries a gun too, and is twice as mean as I am. She would have loved to shoot them as well.

By the way, its called reasonably suspicion. The police use it all the time to shoot at people, why can't I? And if there dead, who's to say any different? Grow up and be a man.

p.s. Your definition of murder is screwed up. Look into it. If there on the ground trying to crawl away, you shoot them again. If you don't they will sue you later. You don't deserve a gun if your not able to use it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

p.s. Your definition of murder is screwed up. Look into it. If there on the ground trying to crawl away, you shoot them again. If you don't they will sue you later. You don't deserve a gun if your not able to use it.

If you are no longer in danger, it is absolutely murder.

Now, the whole lawsuit, dead men tell no lies, school of thought is pertinent. I can't completely discount it. If I did shoot someone, I would not want them to survive. Still, you can't shoot someone that is crawling away from you. Perhaps if they were crawling toward a weapon?

I guarantee if your attitude came across in your trial, you would be convicted. It would not fly very well in court if you were celebrating their death and proclaiming they deserved it.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

I believe in defending yourself, but not vigilantism. I don't think of myself as judge, jury and executioner. I guess that is where we are different.
edit on Tue, 17 May 2011 18:57:20 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Yes this thread is about how a responsible gun owner uses it to his advantage. I have a few guns but I am realizing I need a personal defense weapon that I can keep close. Having a gun at home does you no good if you are not at home

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mantic
reply to post by getreadyalready

And that is how you handle ones self responsibly.
Only Cowards hide behind guns. Like Kenny Rogers says, You gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

Hats off and thanks for sharing the story.
edit on 11-5-2011 by mantic because: lyric error

You got that dead to rights. In general, only a fool or a coward pulls a gun to hide behind it, while praying that its presence alone will be the trump-card in the encounter and enable him to walk away unaffected.

It seldom works that way; more than likely the perp will take the weapon away from those too timid to shoot.

The only time an enemy should see your weapon is the split second before you use it to bring him down; otherwise hesitation might find you disarmed and still at the perp's tender mercies.

The ONLY time an enemy should see your weapon is when you have decided it will be the last sight on Earth he ever sees.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bandito

Can't quote you cause its too long; starred you though.

Bandito makes a HUGE point, ladies.

Ladies, it is truly better to be tried in court by 12 of your peers, than to suffer degradation, rape, torture, and any thing else the freak(s) can think of including using your kids, to hurt and abuse you, and then be laid to rest by 6 toting your casket.

Cops are only good at finding your murderer/rapist/torturer after you have suffered and died; not preventing the crime.

Violent and fatal crime victims are almost exclusively female.

If I had my way; every woman in America who was not a convicted felon could obtain both training and permit for concealed carry with a 100% tax credit. I have six sisters by the way.

Again, getready - well handled Sir.

EDIT: and a tax credit for you ladies buying a CCW weapon
edit on 17-5-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/13cd13e0c4f5.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Someone trolled your post dudeee!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

You never watch CSI: Miami? They're going to know what happened and know you're lying. You will be charged, and probably convicted, of murder. The good news, at least for the rest of us, is when/if you get out you will no longer be able to own guns.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

For all the poo-pooing I say about Americans and guns.. I have to say - well done to you, sir. Sounds like you handled the situation perfectly.

S&F. Wish we could hear more stories like that!

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Nice work man...they could of been making room in the back for your bike to steal it...then agen who choses a bike over a hot woman? lol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LvSLoLo
Nice work man...they could of been making room in the back for your bike to steal it...then agen who choses a bike over a hot woman? lol

You don't know very many bikers do you?

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by KJV1611
reply to post by Jinglelord

Oh but that is where your wrong. The reason this country is in the horrible condition it is, where you now must lock your doors at night is because robbers and criminal like the 3 in this story now have RIGHTS, and if you shoot them, you could be in danger of going to jail. Because of people like you.

Unlike your weak mind where you think people shouldn't be judged without the use of a third party, I don't need such a handicap. If I was there and seen this going down, they would have been dead. And shoot again on the ground just to make sure they were dead.

Grow up and be a man. I hate weak minded criminal sympathizers. Shoot these people in the head and send a message to the other criminals in that area.

You do understand that part of being a man is being an adult. And being an adult is learning to respond to situations appropriately.

Killing a person for being suspicious is simply not appropriate. It is however appropriate to prepare yourself so you will not be a victim and keep an eye out for this activity. In my opinion opening fire in this situation would be the actions of a scared child who doesn't wish take the time to determine the true motives of a suspicious looking group of people.

Scared children shouldn't be allowed firearms. I wouldn't be opposed to felons and even those with prior mental conditions owning firearms if they can prove they are capable of three things: patience, discretionary action, and ability to use these in the face of fear.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Hi,
I didn't read through the 22 pages of replies because I simply couldn't be arsed.

That being said, I read your story and at face value it's all 100% circumstancial and presumption on your part. You believed they were about to do something, you believe that the fact you had a gun and they "could" or "should" know that "someone" like you would have one is the reason they didn't proceed with what your paranoid mind was telling may happen.

Kinda out there in my opinion. It still doesn't justify civilians being able to own and carry guns in the US (nor does your constitution which was taken completely out of context and is decades old pertaining to defending yourselves against the English for that matter). Yes i am European and still don't get all you gun totting yanks loving your guns, it is what it is. Bring forth the arguements, the statistics speak for themselves i'm sorry to say, but the industry simply loves making and selling those guns doesn't it? And y'all feel so much more of a man for having one, don't you? *cough* Penile extension springs to mind.

I don't see what you having a gun has to do with anything you said, other than you wanting to justify having one in the context of what happened, which again is purely paranoid and presumptuous on your part.

That being said, i'm glad nothing happened to you or your wife, or for that matter the other two dudes and the woman in the truck. But I will add, stop smoking the cigars and riding around bare chested, you paint a very stereotypical picture yourself, and not a good one.

Peace

T
edit on 19-5-2011 by torqpoc because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by torqpoc

Since the hand gun ban in the UK domestic abuse and sexual assault have sky rocketed. That reminded me of this little picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77db8e5cffff.jpg[/atsimg]

As far as compensating by owning a gun, well that reminds me of this picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcaddae93d08.jpg[/atsimg]

I still find it funny when Europeans come here and lecture us about our guns. We are at a twenty year low in violent crime. Despite relaxing gun laws we have seen crime drop across the board. The only places that saw a rise in violent crime in 2010 were places that enacted stricter gun laws.

Then to address it on European terms. Scottland was deemed the most dangerous developed country in the world in 2005. England and several other EU countries are actually more dangerous than America. They have rates of sexual assault, physical assaut, stabbings, and other violent crime that rival third world nations. Yet they lecture us about how to be safe and how dangerous our guns are.

To top it off there are still over 7,000 fire arms crimes every year in England. Despite all the regulations they still have rampage shootings and guys getting caught with automatic weapons. Imagine that, criminals ignore the gun laws anyway.

If that is your idea of safe please keep it to your self.
edit on 19-5-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MikeNice81
reply to post by torqpoc

Since the hand gun ban in the UK domestic abuse and sexual assault have sky rocketed. That reminded me of this little picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77db8e5cffff.jpg[/atsimg]

As far as compensating by owning a gun, well that reminds me of this picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fcaddae93d08.jpg[/atsimg]

I still find it funny when Europeans come here and lecture us about our guns. We are at a twenty year low in violent crime. Despite relaxing gun laws we have seen crime drop across the board. The only places that saw a rise in violent crime in 2010 were places that enacted stricter gun laws.

Then to address it on European terms. Scottland was deemed the most dangerous developed country in the world in 2005. England and several other EU countries are actually more dangerous than America. They have rates of sexual assault, physical assaut, stabbings, and other violent crime that rival third world nations. Yet they lecture us about how to be safe and how dangerous our guns are.

To top it off there are still over 7,000 fire arms crimes every year in England. Despite all the regulations they still have rampage shootings and guys getting caught with automatic weapons. Imagine that, criminals ignore the gun laws anyway.

If that is your idea of safe please keep it to your self.

uh..nothing new here...The Romans even built a wall to keep the Scotch out, that was thousands of years ago, whats your solution to an age old problem, hand em all guns?.
You mentioned also "Since the hand gun ban in the UK domestic abuse and sexual assault have sky rocketed", when the hell were people ever allowed to carry hand guns on the street or for self defence in the UK? The only people who would have had hand guns would have had VERY strict and ridgid rules governing their use, as in only being allowed to use them on firing ranges and having them locked way at all times, deffo not allowed them for self defence or to carry them on the street. There is NO WAY people were ever allowed to walk to streets with handguns, unless perhaps your going back to the days of muskets and Sherloc Holmes and his opium pipe. Give me a break.
So seuxal assults and domestic violence did not skyrocket as a result..now im really questioning where your getting your facts from...Britian is a violent country..I wont dispute that, its been violent since atleast the 1980's but has definatley gotten worse in the 1990's and is even worse now....As i already said Scotland has always been violent..its in the blood apparently...What has this got to do with a few dozen...if that even...blokes who once were allowed to use handguns on firing ranges? get your fact straight. Your mentaility would be to legalise guns in a country that already has a well known reputation for violence...real clever, I gotta say.
if the Law here wasnt such a bloody joke, scumbags wouldnt pull half the crap they do..and if little fools were not allowed to hang around on street corners in gangs playing with knives all night..there wouldnt be the problems that we have.
the violent tendancies in the UK could easy be sorted out if the tossers who govern the place used some authority. it has nothing to do with guns.
I do not know why..but the political elite in the UK have no will to really stop anti-social behaviour...maybe they dont know how to...then again the rich and powerful dont have to live near it..so why would they care anyway.
this is nothing to do with guns but a general slide into amoral and dysfunctional behaviours by the general public. Id ban gangsta rap quicker than id introduce legal guns...two great exports from the U.S..

There are social reasons behind most violent crimes...most.not all...but most..If those social causes were addressd properly at the roots, then there wouldnt be a huge criminal element prepared to use violence.
You should ask the question why is the UK so violent and loads of other countries are not, countries that dont have legal weapons? Your staing that the US if far less violent, it probably is but I doubt thats down to guns, but rather witch neighbourhood you live in, or shall i rephrase that by saying white enough to live in haha.
if you make sure huge swathes of society are no properly educated and basically left to fend for themselves in massive slums and ghettos, then what do you think the net result is going to be?
Unfortunatley the UK seems to think its the way to go in copying America in all the wrong ways. We have literally cities that dont speak english and then we go and jointly invade the countries these cities are filled with people from...real clever. then we have poor white working class people who are given a cr4p education and told to work in mc D's for the rest of their life. White slums right next to asian ones..Im suprsied full scale race war hasnt erupted long ago but it wouldnt take much to set it off, a world wide economic collaps ought to do it.
the rich in the UK are only now getting bothered about the state of the country because the anger on the streets is now on their door step too. We have over 60 million people crammed into an Island no bigger than Florida and obviously people aint happy about a lot of things going on there. Lets arm all of them...atleast it would cut the population in half overnight. May aswell as the country went to the dogs years ago anyhow.

edit on 19-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2011 by splitlevel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MikeNice81

Dear Mike,
Nice pictures, thanks for the eye candy. As for your post, well.. I am not surprised at all, it's the same old rhetoric every time. Sure gun crime exists in all countries, and sure other crimes exist also. If you read my post objectively you wouldn't be jumping on the boring bandwagon and rolling out the boring facts which prove pretty much nothing.

I was not lecturing anyone, I was making a statement. All I know is not many kids run around killing other kids in schools in Europe with guns. It does however seem to be a recurring theme in the US, and I wonder why that is? Daddy owns a gun and the kid has access to it is the only thing I can think of, and following on from that my reasoning is very simple: If daddy (or mommy) didn't have a gun for the kid to get hold of, then perhaps, just maybe, that kind of crime would be reduced. As for the justification as to why people need to own guns in the US, it's just purile. It's in the constitution.. yeah ok, it's also in the English laws that you can kill a welshman with a bow, but we don't go about doing it do we?

The other point which I hear repeatedly is this: The criminals have guns, so we need guns to protect ourselves. Point is valid, yet it's a ridiculous example of a catch 22. Maybe, just maybe. if the US government was a little more interested in removing guns off the streets and from the traffickers then civilians wouldn't need to feel they have to have a gun. Right? Or is it possible that because the average American civilian thinks, due to a misguided part of the constitution that because it is their "right" to own a gun, then gun crime has escalated and everyone is now shooting everyone else? Do you not think that perhaps it's all part of the same problem? Causality is to be looked at imho.

It's simple common sense to me, but what I see everytime is trying to fight through the whole issue with Americans just ends up being impossible because of the culture y'all live in. Guns are bad... it is irrelevant if it's the person using the gun which is the one doing the killing, without the gun they'd have to resort to other weapons which, statistically, don't kill quite as often as a gun does. If you're happy living in that kind of a society, cool. But don't try and pretend that it's utopic and everything works just fine. Kids are dying every day to guns, far far more than they do here in Europe. Less guns on the streets = less kids being killed by them. Simples.

As for the numbers, please show me recent statistics which prove European or other countries with stricter gun laws have higher gun crime than the US. Those are the kind of statistics which in the context of this discussion (between you and I) which would have any kind of relevance.

Thanks.

T

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join