It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have A Question About Hell

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I think I know the secret about hell!! Listen up, tell me if it makes sense.

Hell has been greatly exaggerated trough fear. It's hard to say where religions exactly come from and how most of what is said is something fearful to say about hell. Nothing good at all. And hell has always been said to be under us.

I guess you must of heard about the hollow earth theories? Well I do kinda believe it is real and religion's hell is probably that place.
Now is it really an evil place? Well, from what we know it is, but from what I hear in MSM, Muslims are all bad. So does this mean hell HAS to be a bad place also?

Someone or something really doesn't want us to go there, they want to be left alone. So, I think the "hell" idea is propaganda for us to never try to go there. God did not want for us to eat from the tree of knowledge either.

So was hell invented by the ones living below that want to be left alone, or invented by people above to keep us from true knowledge?
Maybe, the hollow earth really is hell and maybe it should of been sealed, or has been sealed.

You guys know about the great flood and Noah? Well I like to believe that all this water came from the hollow earth, so maybe the hollow earth was empty of water and all they found under the earth is fire. Maybe the flood is the only time people we're brought there.

It's all speculation but for me, a lot of this makes sense...does it also sound logic to you?
edit on 11-5-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-5-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

But the fear is almost universally denied by
Christians. They cannot admit this fear to themselves for to admit it is to
be unsure of one's salvation, a sin.

I am a Christian, I believe in God and Jesus (and his Sacrifice+Salvation), and I'll admit to you right now, that I do indeed have a great, overwhelming fear of Hell. I'll also tell you right now, that you are incorrect. It is not a sin to admit that.

After the prospective Christian has been lured in by hope, they are
driven further in by fear.
I can also tell you that it's the other way around; Fear is usually what would spark something such as a drastic move to want to change one's life. Hope follows after, but it also has to do a lot with wanting a Personal Savior. Tell me, how many "religions" today offer a Personal Savior? I only know of two - Judaism and Christianity, both believe in the same God.

In fact, your entire post can be written off as just a product of personal incredulity.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

That's exactly right, see my post above yours

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lionhearte

After the prospective Christian has been lured in by hope, they are
driven further in by fear.
I can also tell you that it's the other way around; Fear is usually what would spark something such as a drastic move to want to change one's life. Hope follows after, but it also has to do a lot with wanting a Personal Savior.

The chicken and the egg?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If what I experience now is gods love then roll on hell,religion is evil always has been the world would be such a better place without it.I'm with the theory the first civilisations that wrote about gods from the sky etc were talking about E.T's and it's been twisted and turned so much to the point people believe there's a magical man please I think he would have intervened in the slave era like he supposedly did for the isrealites.NO!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The entire Bible is a guide for living life on a planet. All parables and allegories are there to create mental pictures in reflection of the overall truths of reality to our minds.

Heaven and hell are potentialities of choice. Like all other opposites, these degrees of difference can be managed. If we make choices that are against the laws set by the original programmer of this reality, we create hell. If we make choices that are in keeping with the original intent of the universe, we create heaven. This is true for the micro level of the individual as well as the macro level of the community, nation and planet. The choice to collapse the wave of probability is ours to make as the observers in this reality. Our choices matter. We create our own heaven and our own hell.

To really understand this, I consider what we are. Who am I? I am an artificial, bio-mechanical life-form, created by a higher intelligence. Not only has my mind been programmed for this reality, the entire reality is built around my education. This education is setup to teach me to atone (at-one-ment) with differences of degree like hot and cold, high and low, big and small, good and evil and so on. The education never ends.

When I am conceived, two seeds of information germinate in the womb. I develop until the cord is cut. If I do not develop, I am aborted. If I do develop, I am born into another world and the cord is cut. The earth is another womb of development. If I develop here, I am born again into the spirit and the silver cord is cut. If my soul does not develop, I am baptized again into the water of material reality. This is the wheel of life.

You can read about this in John 3. You can read about this in nearly every religion on earth. We create our own heaven and hell as the ox pulls the cart in life and the wheel turns.

Dhammapada
1. Choices

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you

As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

edit on 11-5-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Here is an email i got about the scientific explanation of hell.

I thought it rather well done and rather funny.

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid term.

The answer by one student was so 'profound' that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well :

Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant.

One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today.

Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell,then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, 'It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you,' and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting 'Oh my God.'

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED AN A+

Vvv

link to my thread.
edit on 11-5-2011 by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well according to my understanding of Christianity, that's not how it goes. You don't go to Hell to be tortured by the devil, you go to Hell to suffer for eternity alongside the devil. The bible says Satan will be cast down into hell as well as all who don't follow God or something like that. So I guess you could say in Hell, you are on equal terms with the devil.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Hah! And posted at almost the same time too. Great minds think alike hey

I only wish that people would stop thinking of hell as some form of psychological manipulation into believing in an oppressive religion and look for the real truth.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I don't have time right now, but this post will put this thread on my list, and I'll have more to say on "hell" later. Stay tuned...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

People are naive and listen or read information that are speculations and ramblings of fools. You humans have the power in you to know what is the truth if you have the patience to study and research into the matter. You develop a sense that will let you know that there is something true about it. There is so much misconceptions,misinformations and disinformations about what the dimension of hell really is and that satan(the devil) is running it.
Please research quietly into it.It may take time but you may come to comprehend what it is .
This is given by a psychic:-
spiritlessons.com...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Hell is a lie, made up by men, to keep control of men!
If you are good you go heaven!
If you are bad you go to hell!

This is it, this here and now, it is what you make of it, life, it can be heaven on Earth or it can be Hell on Earth! That's what I believe and I don't care who threatens me with their hell, I don't care if it's the Pope or the Head Bishop or Mother Theresa come back to haunt my dreams, I am not interested in their fairy stories, It's MY life and I'll go when I want, where I want and Hell isn't even on my map!
edit on 11/5/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by R3N3G4D3

there are many interpretations of hell which frighten people. I've asked people online like those Mormons online and they said "The devil comes in any forms" and logged off. I've been thinking of things lately and this question cannot be answered. Why is he considered evil if he keeps the evil people in hell?? My mind is boggled
Thank you for that quote too thats kind of cleared up hell for me. If Hell was this valley, then maybe heaven was another place on earth.
edit on 11-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: (no reason given)

Friend, I too have pondered on this. I have searched the Bible, and find no instance where the Devil did anything to mankind except tell the truth when the God lied to Adam and Eve. The Devil/Satan did not harm anyone, but on the other hand, the God murdered in cold blood many millions of people. And the God did many other atrocities too, such as the following:
He killed a man who refused to impregnate his widowed sister-in-law (Gen.38:9-10)
He excused a murderer and promised his protection (Gen. 4:8-15)
He required a woman to marry her rapist (Deut. 22:28:29)
He sanctioned violation of the enemy's women (Deut. 21:10-14)
He demanded virgins as a part of war plunder (Num. 31:31-36)
He supported human sacrifice (Ex. 22:29-30, Ezek. 20:26)
He ordered cannibalism (Lev. 26: 29, Jer. 19:9)
He degraded deformed people (Lev. 21:16-23)
He wasn't omnipresent (Gen4:16, 11:5, 1 Kings 19:11-12)
He wasn't omniscient (Deut. 8:2, 13:3, 2 Chron. 32:31)
He often repented (Ex. 32:14, 1 Sam. 15:35)
He was often jealous (Deut. 5:9, 6:15)
There is more:
God's Mistakes

Exposing the Old Testament

Bible Absurdities: Absurdities in the Bible

Rape In The Bible

Knowing all of this, it is very easy to see why a new God was needed, so the NEW Testament was written, and the God's jealous and evil ways were sanitized, and he was made into a kind, and loving God, who even sent his son, conceived by some miraculous means by to males. (Father and Holy ghost are both seen as males to Christianity)
Now we have a New Living Translation, which further sanitizes what the God of the OT was really like. There is even some evidence that the God of the OT was in fact a Dragon. No wonder the CHURCH wishes to hide the facts from Christians.

In my considered opinion, the only ones really going to Hell are those who preach it loudly and believe in it strongly. After all, God, nor the Devil would even exist if humanity refused to believe in them.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsofunnyguy

But...you can break free from the fear!

It takes effort, and questioning the status quo, but it CAN be done.

Friend, I broke free of the fear factor propagated by the church many years ago, after a preacher made the mistake of telling me to read and study the Bible. After we had a nice conference it was decided that I was not longer welcome in the church. Then there came a time when I was flat on my back for two years, and took to a deep study of religion and the occult, and everything pertaining to same. Never again can I be fooled into believing what Christians say, for I know they are only repeating what they have heard from someone else.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
99% of all people in hell are bible readers.
because it's their invention...

Other religion don't have hell...

edit on 11-5-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I am a Christian, I believe in God and Jesus (and his Sacrifice+Salvation), and I'll admit to you right now, that I do indeed have a great, overwhelming fear of Hell. I'll also tell you right now, that you are incorrect. It is not a sin to admit that.

That is perfectly fine if you believe that, I can see that you have not researched this out as i have. That is alright too, not everyone is an avid reader and researcher, and not everyone really wants to know. Salvation is a concept, and I personally do not need to be "saved" from anything, except perhaps my own self.

I can also tell you that it's the other way around; Fear is usually what would spark something such as a drastic move to want to change one's life. Hope follows after, but it also has to do a lot with wanting a Personal Savior. Tell me, how many "religions" today offer a Personal Savior? I only know of two - Judaism and Christianity, both believe in the same God. In fact, your entire post can be written off as just a product of personal incredulity.

Friend, there is no fear in this heart. I have walked this planet for many years, in may lives, and in many positions in life, and I have walked the Ether too. Fear, for me, was lost a very long time ago. Fear changed into my friend. Fear sits on my shoulder, and tell me things; "don't touch that, you will burn your finger!" and, "watch out, a car is coming!" What would I do with a so called personal savoir, anyway? Could he tune my car, wash my dishes? Take me to the New World? No!
And you are right with that last statement, I most certainly do not "believe."
You see, a "Belief," which means confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof, to a religious person is usually set into stone, as it were, and can never be changed, no matter what. I have "Ideas."
Ideas can change, they can adapt to new information.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mkkkay

Ahh sorry fool but yes they do, ever hear of Islam or Judaism?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I have a simple explanation. It's more of a ironic karma. If you do enough to be slipped into a hell, you get to meet the evil you so passionately lived by.

Maybe it's like a Dante's Inferno? Maybe hell is just darkness, a place in void, or maybe some get a chance to fight for their souls to redeem a place in Heaven depending on how much pain you caused in flesh?

To answer you main question, it's all about the souls the devil has contaminated and his reward is to mock the bodies made in the image of God, and in turn for not listening to the word of God, you pay the price of which you lived.

I have always thought of most of the tales of hell as a metaphor though.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Friend, I broke free of the fear factor propagated by the church many years ago, after a preacher made the mistake of telling me to read and study the Bible. After we had a nice conference it was decided that I was not longer welcome in the church. Then there came a time when I was flat on my back for two years, and took to a deep study of religion and the occult, and everything pertaining to same. Never again can I be fooled into believing what Christians say, for I know they are only repeating what they have heard from someone else.

It's kind of unusual how people have a tendency to find ONE problem because of ONE person and they turn their back completely on whatever it is. Sorry mate, I'll pray for you.

reply to post by markosity1973

Originally posted by markosity1973

Hah! And posted at almost the same time too. Great minds think alike hey

I only wish that people would stop thinking of hell as some form of psychological manipulation into believing in an oppressive religion and look for the real truth.

It seems like it

I know exactly what you mean. It seems like everyone gets the wrong idea thanks to generalizations and assumptions.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
When you die your senses stop.. So, if your in a so called "hell"... you cannot feel anything!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join