It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have A Question About Hell

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Ok. So we all heard the stories.. if your bad you go to hell. and be tormented by the devil for eternity.

My question is, If The Devil tortures bad/evil people, why is he considered the bad one?? I seen a paragraph in a paper about the devil and I haven't thought about it until now.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

Jesus Christ spoke of hell many more times than He did of heaven.
Hell is eternal separation from God. Fire of unquenchable pain.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

My idea of hell is living under Sharia Law in a country where Zookey is boss!!! HAHA!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Hell is not about being tortured.

It is about being seperated from the eternal love of God.

A fate far worse.

VVv

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3

My idea of hell is living under Sharia Law in a country where Zookey is boss!!! HAHA!

HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! OMG!!!!

But if hel is being about seperated from gods love, why would we need to sit in fire and stuff for eternity. God shows no love now yet wants to make us love him?? hahahah he may have made the world, but man made this technology for me to say F GOD!!!! ... and the devil too
edit on 11-5-2011 by R3N3G4D3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The idea of hell as you present it is a disturbing fantasy, made up by some very nasty people in order to control and manipulate people through fear. Its been very effective too unfortunately.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
My question would be... Why would the devil torment those who did his bidding in life. Surely he'd be handing out the medals & sending them back to get more folks on his side.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
There is no hell, if there is a hell then it is here on our planet. I do not know what comes after death, but cruel and worse than this planet can not be. All you have done in this life, whether good or bad you will be repaid in the next life.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
If The Devil tortures bad/evil people does that mean we cant completly die ?
im talking about the soul
I mean cant we just disapear, vanish, be extinguished
whats with "going to hell?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

ROFL, and I am at work so have ended up under my desk laughing uncontrollably! This post will probably be removed as off topic BUT I disagree! Best laugh yet this year!

"Freligion" thats what I say!

S&F! Thanks for the laugh, best medicine!
edit on 11/5/11 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Tbh I don't believe in any of that devil god stuff. There is no way a force of true love and power would let us suffer here on earth THEN when we die take us to his kingdom. no way.

We are all made of pure energy when we die our energy is released. But where does it go?? To a new body??

I don't know, I like to think of beetles and bugs, they have life they live but what happens to them?? Surely they can't become another creature?? this wrecks my brain worse than trying to comprehend how big the universe is.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I refer you to this, the origin of Hell:

The word derives from the Hebrew: גי(א)-הינום Gêhinnôm (also Guy ben-Hinnom (גיא בן הינום) meaning the Valley of Hinnom's son. The valley forms the southwest border of ancient Jerusalem that stretches from the foot of Mt. Zion to the Kidron Valley. It is first mentioned in Joshua 15:8. Originally it referred to a garbage dump in a deep narrow valley right outside the walls of Jerusalem where fires were kept burning to consume the refuse and keep down the stench. It is also the location where bodies of executed criminals, or individuals denied a proper burial, would be dumped. In addition, this valley was frequently not controlled by the Jewish authority within the city walls; it is traditionally held that this valley was used as a place of religious child-sacrifice to Moloch by the Canaanites outside the city (comp. Jer. 2: 23). Like Sheol, Gehenna is sometimes translated as Hell.

www.newworldencyclopedia.org...

The fear of Hell keeps Christians in line, and keeps them from researching anything like their BIBLE.

Come to Jesus, or go to Hell.

-- Bumper sticker

After the prospective Christian has been lured in by hope, they are
driven further in by fear. The refined effects of fear finally becomes a trap
in which that fear, of damnation, becomes part of the horrid result of
questioning one's new faith. Fear is the key that fits the lock on the
Christian's heart. The more orthodox, or fundamentalistic, the Christian's
faith the more this is true. But the fear is almost universally denied by
Christians. They cannot admit this fear to themselves for to admit it is to
be unsure of one's salvation, a sin. If it weren't for biblical fear the
fantastic and unreal hope would soon loose its ability to create an emotional
fix.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

there are many interpretations of hell which frighten people. I've asked people online like those Mormons online and they said "The devil comes in any forms" and logged off. I've been thinking of things lately and this question cannot be answered. Why is he considered evil if he keeps the evil people in hell?? My mind is boggled
Thank you for that quote too thats kind of cleared up hell for me. If Hell was this valley, then maybe heaven was another place on earth.

link   
delete this please mods, double post im afraid... sorry

link   
reply to post by autowrench

But...you can break free from the fear!

It takes effort, and questioning the status quo, but it CAN be done.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

i think the existance we are all in right now is hell. im feeling far from free....and with everything thats in our lives right now thats taking our attention and time, im pretty sure if there is one , we are miles away from GOD

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wedidgothacked

i think the existance we are all in right now is hell. im feeling far from free....and with everything thats in our lives right now thats taking our attention and time, im pretty sure if there is one , we are miles away from GOD

I used to think that, but we have moments of happiness like chilling with friends or what not..... whatever your mojo is lol I dunno

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
The idea of hell as you present it is a disturbing fantasy, made up by some very nasty people in order to control and manipulate people through fear. Its been very effective too unfortunately.

Think about the frequency of horrible things people do to each other, vandalism, destruction, war, cruelty to animals etcetera. Without the guiding hand of religions more people would be exhibiting poor behavior. Religions are not all bad. Just the idea of there being a master set of rules (a/k/a the 10 Commandments) along with punishment for those who choose to ignore them should tell you many people need guidance in their lives.

Yes, the masses are being controlled. But not all forms of manipulation have deep dark reasons. There are a lot of loose cannons in the world. Think a bit how it may be if there were no restraints placed upon people. Kind of makes sense why some laws exist too. Fear of life in prison keeps a lot of guys from killing their wife.

Even --with-- religion, education and laws society still has an amazing amount of crime. A lot of people are not nice and we need to have checks and balances in place to at least curtail some bad behavior. It may be a lot of fun to run around stealing, raping and murdering but it sucks to be the victim.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

That isn't true OP, the Devil isn't torturing people in Hell - in fact, the Devil (when all is said and done) will be tormented for eternity in Hell as well - the Bible clearly states that currently the Devil is in Heaven accusing and speaking ill of the saints (Christians), for his kingdom is the Earth (when God caste him out and gave him the Kingdom of Darkness - after all, space is dark, no?).

The Devil does not have power over Hell.. Hell was created as a place for God to pour out his wrath. It is a separation of God, in fact. It's the absence of Him, to be alone, for ever and ever.

As to your question.. I guess in a sense the Devil does torture people in the real world, but he can't inflict physical pain on them (see the book of Job; he requires permission from God to do that), but he merely sprouts temptation and the evil seed inside us.

Hope that makes sense.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Everyone has got the wrong idea about hell and Satan here.

Firstly, when we die, we are judged (Judgement day) We are either admitted to heaven where we all get to live forever. There are child visionaries that have seen heaven and described as best as they can. Among the wonders of heaven, there are extra colours you can see and no-one is fat. (Amazing what a child in their innocence will notice)

Hell on the other hand is where a defeated Satan will burn along with those who have not shown their love for God. That is what our lives are about, choosing to honor God or to turn our back on him. Satan is not the one dishing out the punnishment, he will be cast there along with all the sinners for eternity and being punished with them. Satan is actually on this very earth as we speak according to a letter written to Pope John II by the visionaries of Medjugorje.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join