It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's Son Says 'Arbitrary' Killing of His Father Was Illegal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by audio assasin

Becoming?

No offense intended to yourself or my countrymen, but it's not anything new, and I believe the last couple presidents have said as much openly.

I love the ideals the US was founded on, and I believe most of the citizens have good intentions even if misled and ignorant, but we are far afield here and I struggle to justify most of it. Too much worrying about the specks in our brothers' eyes while not clearing the planks from our own.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Bin Laden publically declared war on the US and made real-world moves to that end, killing innocent civilians.

He was fair game. And any judge with common sense would agree.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Thanks friend, I'll advocate with you.

I know the claim is there, but I'd like to see the justification for the US supposedly being the paragon of virtue in the world, personally. I've read too many stories of tests on unwitting subjects, intrusions in other countries, and a whole host of other things we'd likely obliterate any other nation for even trying if done against us.

And I'm sorry, but all the cries of USA! USA! USA! smack entirely too loudly of ALLAHU AKBAR! ALLAHU AKBAR! ALLAHU AKBAR! in my ears for comfort.

A spade's a spade, friends.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
he should have been tried in a court of law and if found guilty. executed. we live in turbulent times when peeps are above and bellow the law.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
He gave up his rights as a human being when he made a business of killing American civilians for a political agenda.

Riiiiight, because, goddamn, those apple pie loving, SUV driving, uber-consumers are worth more than any other people.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
So was the arbitrary killing of nearly 3,000 innocent men and women on September 11th,2001....

Kind of sucks when your loved ones are killed....

In other words, I am saying he doesn't really have much room to complain.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious

His involvement with 9/11 is irrelevant, he had taken credit for far more terrorist attacks killing people before that.

The only reason I typed that is because I was responding to someone's post directly relating his killing to the WTC. So you are saying everyone accused and everyone who has taken credit for terrorist actions should be put to death? Wouldn't that include a lot of people in everyones govt?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Let's ask him what he thinks of his father's arbitrary killing of 3,000 workers in the WTC towers on 9/11?

Which Has nothing to do with Osama..

What they are doing is getting people to 'Accept' he was "Killed" during this raid... Letters from his family.. being reported by the government and Media

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
To those for whom his not having a "proper trial" is an issue, perhaps there is a good lesson to be learned:

If you are innocent, don't go around confessing to, and bragging about mass murders you didn't commit.

As it turns out, this is a very bad move, and a fatal mistake.
edit on 5/10/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Bin Laden publically declared war on the US and made real-world moves to that end, killing innocent civilians.

He was fair game. And any judge with common sense would agree.

...and Bush, and Obama, and every allied force is guilty of the same.

Afghanistan War Civilian count:

According to Marc W. Herold's extensive database, Dossier on Civilian Victims of United States' Aerial Bombing, between 3,100 and 3,600 civilians were directly killed by U.S. Operation Enduring Freedom bombing and Special Forces attacks between October 7, 2001 and June 3, 2003. This estimate counts only "impact deaths" - deaths that occurred in the immediate aftermath of an explosion or shooting - and does not count deaths that occurred later as a result of injuries sustained, or deaths that occurred as an indirect consequence of the U.S. airstrikes and invasion.

...and that is only for one year and 8 months give or take...8 years ago.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

His response is that of a son over his father's death. Somehow, family always sticks up for family, it is the way it is. Of course he would see he's father's death as illegal. When you have a family member who has broken the law and has to deal with the legal system, sometimes we only see them as "father," "son" or "brother." We don't necessarily see them as the criminal that law enforcement does. It is human nature that we defend our loved ones; and yes, what a concept that he had loved ones when the world perceives him as "killer." His family member's comments are really irrelevant in the context of war...
edit on 10-5-2011 by queenofsheba because: spelling

edit on 10-5-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Al Kaeda directly targeted civilians. Do you think that is the same?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I called it yesterday !!

I'm a prophet !!

bow down !!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Al Kaeda directly targeted civilians. Do you think that is the same?

I didn't say that, but, with the tech they have your telling me they can't tell the difference between a school/hospital and an enemy location? I am sure that put alot of "terror" in the innocent people there.

I did a tiny bit of looking and came across this:

Rocket attacks from U.S. jets on a place of worship and a hospital. Bombs directed at a convoy of fleeing refugees. Repeated hits by 2,000-pound bombs on clearly marked Red Cross food warehouses. Fragmentation bombs on civilian homes.

All these things have occurred in the first three weeks of the Pentagon's attacks on Afghanistan.

from HERE
edit on 10-5-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I see this thread has just become another repeat of the hundred other threads previously made about whether or not he's really dead or not, when OP's thread is about the son's opinion of whether or not his father's death was an "arbitrary" killing or not. Yawn.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
I see this thread has just become another repeat of the hundred other threads previously made about whether or not he's really dead or not, when OP's thread is about the son's opinion of whether or not his father's death was an "aritrary" killing or not. Yawn.

Thanks for your astounding and well presented contribution to this thread.
2nd.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Yeah.

Conversely, don't put out videos proclaiming your innocence first, then don't let the CIA make false tapes with bad actors representing you with details awry!

And then, don't give out your game plan to bankrupt a nation by asymmetrical warfare and overreaction, that the US will then fulfil to the utmost regardless...following along in Afghanistan just like the russians did.

Oh! America is so easy to lead around by the nose...damn it damn it damn it!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

I see this thread has just become another repeat of the hundred other threads previously made about whether or not he's really dead or not, when OP's thread is about the son's opinion of whether or not his father's death was an "aritrary" killing or not. Yawn.

2nd.

When you are a family member of say a loved one who's mug shot is portrayed all over the evening news for attempted murder, and have seen their blood spilled and shown on said six o'clock news and go to the hospital's ER to be told that your family member has been shot three times point blank with a .357 magnum in the chest and has little chance of making it...you know, as a family member, you're not thinking of the rest of the world and their opinion. You're thinking, "Hey, this is my father/brother/son and dang, this stuff hurts." Of course Bin Laden's son is going to claim that his father's killing is arbritary and wrong....no way is he going to see it differently. That what his father. I mean it doesn't take that much intelligence to figure this out and why a whole 'nother thread had to be made in reference to this is beyond me....seems to me to be common sense.
edit on 10-5-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

2nd.

When you are a family member of say a loved one who's mug shot is portrayed all over the evening news for attempted murder, and have seen their blood spilled and shown on said six o'clock news and go to the hospital's ER to be told that your family member has been shot three times point blank with a .357 magnum in the chest and has little chance of making it...you know, as a family member, you're not thinking of the rest of the world and their opinion. You're thinking, "Hey, this is my brother and dang, this stuff hurts." Of course Bin Laden's son is going to claim that his killing is arbritary and wrong....no way is he going to see it differently. That what his father. I mean it doesn't take that much intelligence to figure this out and why a whole 'nother thread had to made in reference to this is beyond me....seems to me to be common sense.

Except for one thing, we were discussing the validity of his sons statement. Not if he is alive or not. Not quite sure what thread you were reading. This one is full of common sense...if you are capable of recognizing it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

His son's statement is valid because it is to him, it his belief. It was his father, a family member and my point is there is no reasoning with grief over the loss of a family member. Doesn't matter if your dad is the devil himself, a son, a daughter will always stand up for their parent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join