It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden's Son Says 'Arbitrary' Killing of His Father Was Illegal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Well then there you have it. Thread closed. No further investigation of peoples thoughts allowed.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You're being slightly drama. Your perception of this thread is obviously different than mine...and hey, that's cool. I just know what it feels like to be on the other side, not of public enemy number one thank goodness but to me, of course his son is going to stick up for him. Anyway, have a tornado warning coming my way so I'm gonna go have me a beer...LOL

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It is a doggy dog world out there. Everyone has an opinion about this, that, and everything else? He may not have physically lifted a finger of violence toward civilians or the west, but his words led others to do his bidding. His people were not very compassionate towards those they killed in car bombings, suicide bombers, beheadings, and other acts of atrocity. If he wanted to live the simple life, no one was stopping him from living in a cave with multiple wives, and a flock of goats. However, he chose to spearhead a public relations campaign of fear, terror, and intolerance toward his fellow man. Unfortunately, thousands of people were killed as a result of his poison.

People are talking about this raid as if they were there? No one really knows what took place that night in Pakistan when a covert team of Navy Seals allegedly killed OBL and recovered his body. We will never know the whole crust of the affair, and the special op community won't say anything about it in the immediate future either. They are not called the silent professionals for nothing. All we have is the official statement by the White House. So we can go back and forth until we are blue in the face, and we have since the story broke the airwaves. Still, we are left with nothing more than speculation, and the official statement by the White House. To cut a long story short, I am indifferent about right and wrong in this case. I was not there, and neither was any of the OBL apologists.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba
reply to post by superman2012

You're being slightly drama. Your perception of this thread is obviously different than mine...and hey, that's cool. I just know what it feels like to be on the other side, not of public enemy number one thank goodness but to me, of course his son is going to stick up for him. Anyway, have a tornado warning coming my way so I'm gonna go have me a beer...LOL

More than slightly drama, just trying to get a good discussion/debate going. Good luck with the tornado and have one for me please

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Agreed, we will never know the true story about OBL.
2nd.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
With no disrespect to our Military and there efforts to carrie out a mission for just cause. OBL indeed was a highly wanted fugitive for crimes other than 911 .. personaly I would have like to see him go to trial and when found guilty hung just like Sadam H. many over in that region would have liked to see him tortured ... I have other thoughts of all of this about his family .. OBL still has young children and hopefuly they are lead to live their lives without crime to not walk in their fathers footsteps

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

As always great perspective on the subject.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As I think about whether the actions taken were legal or illegal, I can't help but think about how many lives have possibly been saved because of how the events unfolded.

I doubt Osama would have thought that killing innocent people is illegal.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So was the arbitrary killing of nearly 3,000 innocent men and women on September 11th,2001....

Kind of sucks when your loved ones are killed....

In other words, I am saying he doesn't really have much room to complain.

Many feel the same way.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Well to be honest I am of the belief that this so called raid is BS. I mean how many times have they changed the story, the burial at sea, no pictures, the black beard and he does look different in the videos released and the news of him being killed years ago. But his family, more specifically his son coming out and saying it was illegal makes me think maybe he was killed? You would assume his son and family would know if he was dead years ago and if the raid was false. Unless they have a role in this? I notice lot's of people saying he was responsible for 911 still...if you check out the FBI most wanted page and look at OBL profile there is no mention of 911. Maybe that's why he needed to be killed and not given a trial, he obviously knows alot of things about the US and the CIA in particular. Anyways one thing I think we can all agree on is it's hard to get a good sense of what the heck is going on with this OBL story.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
Let's ask him what he thinks of his father's arbitrary killing of 3,000 workers in the WTC towers on 9/11?

Did he admit he did it in the tapes? That is what the story said.
The reason he did it is because of how many of the killings in the 91 Gulf war by the USA.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
did charlie manson kill anyone?

anyway, his son and family has sooo much love for the guy, my heart bleeds too. (peanutbutter, btw)

obl was not a us citizen nor was he in the usa when he met his fate.

he was responsible for many other deaths aside the wtc.

well he's dead and gone now, they can have their nightmares and ptsd like the thousands of HIS collateral damage and victims.

his son better keep his own head down.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by nenothtu

They seemed convinced he died in the raid.
Unless of course they are simply trying to take advantage of the situation.

It's a confirmation from family that he's dead. The politics or timing of said death matter nary a whit to me. Maybe that is when he died, maybe they just want to make their statement about it now that the cat's out of the bag.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
of course this is a complex and emotionally sensitive issue, but it makes the ubiquitous Ghandi statement no less true:

"an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind"

Fine by me. That just means they can't see to aim at me any more.

and another one from MLK:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”

I'm at a loss as to why I should care what drives out what. What I DO care about is that OBL won't be ordering any more killings. THAT counts for much more than who's driving what where.

and finally (and i realize this will earn me a whole heap of ire), but for those who profess christian values--- is this what Christ would have advocated? he who forgive his enemies even as he was being crucified by them?

See? THAT'S why HE was the Christ, and I'm not. For what it's worth, I can forgive bin Laden if I really need to - now. He paid the debt, all is forgiven in his case. Feel better now?

justice through violence? is that how an advanced culture copes with tragedy?

No, that's how us barbarians make double-damned sure that OBL won't be partaking any more. "Justice" has nothing to do with it. It's not about "justice" nor is it about "vengeance". it's about culling bad genes out of the pool to give the rest a better fighting chance.

too readily to we cry for blood, not understanding that such visceral remedies are merely temporary salves for our pain.

You cried for blood? I didn't. I didn't cry at all. Nor did I celebrate the death. it is what it is, and the world is safer for it. There really ARE monsters out there, and they have to be dealt with, like it or not. You can hide under the covers from them if you like. I prefer to go proactive on their asses.

Temporary salves? It seems to be fairly permanent in bin Laden's case. That's called a "solution" rather than a "salve".

violence begets violence.

Yup. Maybe he should have considered that before he ordered violence visited on innocence.

such is the world we tolerate.

YOU tolerate it. I prefer to go monster-hunting.

an earlier poster stated - live by the sword, die by the sword.

And bin Laden provides an excellent illustration of that truism.

it certainly wasn't a dove that the US has been wielding.

well now, a dove wouldn't be much help in taking out the trash, now would it? Especially if it wasn't even loaded....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
You people are so clever. Good thing you brought up 9/11 and the victims who perished on that day, as surely no one would have said it..

I wonder what they would think, with people passing judgment on their behalf.

Quick, use the names of the dead in vain or the terrorists will win... ! They will, the media and my addled mind tell me so! I feel obligated to bring up the names of the dead and speak for their grieving loved ones, on their behalf, whenever I need to make excuses to myself, or others or for my government on the subjects of questionable foreign policy and illegal foreign actions.

You can't argue with me either, or that means you're happy the people on 9/11 died, and you're sick!! USA USA USA USA! OBAMA 2012!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Sounds like Omar isn't too sure if his father was killed that day.....why use the word IF when you are sure? Doesn't sound like he is...

"If he has been summarily executed then we question the propriety.....

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Emotion aside, technically, he may be right, if this was considered an act of war that they used as the precedent to go in there. Killing vs capturing an unarmed combatant would be illegal, no? I think that's what I've read anyway.

That's still the OS, right? Unarmed? I lost track of this particular detail.

Apparently, plenty of others agree.

The Geneva Conventions allow for summary execution of ununiformed combatants, armed or not. maybe he should have put on his uniform for the occasion.

Concerns raised over shooting of unarmed bin Laden, burial
ormer West German Chancellor Helmut Schmidt told German TV the operation could have incalculable consequences in the Arab world at a time of unrest there.

"It was quite clearly a violation of international law," .

That is Scmidt's opinion, and he's welcome to it. He's not qualified to make a determination in the matter beyond his opinion, however, and certainly not a legally binding determination.

It was a view echoed by high-profile Australian human rights lawyer Geoffrey Robertson.

"It's not justice. It's a perversion of the term. Justice means taking someone to court, finding them guilty upon evidence and sentencing them," Robertson told Australian Broadcasting Corp television from London.

Again, as I said above it's not about "justice", it's about preservation.

It's about self-defense, not vengeance.

edit on 2011/5/11 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Obama and Hitler were evil - they exterminated many millions of people.

Obama's son is just as nuts as he was.

I think the people who extinguished these exterminators are to be admired and congratulated.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

OOPS! Bin Laden is who I mean - but why are their names so similar?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I thank the US Navy Seals for killing that a-hole. In my book they should have had it on PPV.

Yea the US may have broken international law by going into Pakistan and murdering OBL but who cares really, the job needed doing and it was done. what would have happened if he wasn't killed but just arrested and put on a trial? ill tell you, there would be alot more bombings and you or i could have been the next victims.

I say GOOD ONE NAVY SEALS!

The US President should release the video and photos to give us all something to laugh at and cheer us all up a little.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join