It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals in Southern Arizona seek to form new state!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It seems that Liberals in Southern AZ are sick and tired of the Conservatives spewing their common sense..oops, I mean racist vitriolic hate speech, and now they want to separate from the rest of Arizona and form the 51st state and call it Baja Arizona.

I say WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! Better yet, why don't we just make an entire section of the country for Liberals, maybe in the north east and call it the Democratic States of Libtardia. They wouldn't last long because there would be no one there to work and pay taxes.

Libs in Southern AZ seek to form a new state

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Better yet, why don't we just make an entire section of the country for Liberals, maybe in the north east and call it the Democratic States of Libtardia.
I think California qualifies to be the section, as there aren't that many conservatives that would have to leave there.

They could just change the state name to your suggested one, take the bear off of the state flag and replace it with a sloth.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Better yet, why don't we just make an entire section of the country for Liberals, maybe in the north east and call it the Democratic States of Libtardia.
I think California qualifies to be the section, as there aren't that many conservatives that would have to leave there.

They could just change the state name to your suggested one, take the bear off of the state flag and replace it with a sloth.

I guess there could be two areas... California, Washington State and Oregon and then the NE.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I agree that it should be southern cali. Round 'em up and ship them over to liberal land. Just above mexico, I'm sure they'd have a great time.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Honestly i think its a great idea, you handle your own illegal immigration problem while the rest of the of Arizona handles it their own way. Buuttttt Under Article IV Section 3 Clause 1 of the US Constitution states, "New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress."

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
It seems that Liberals in Southern AZ are sick and tired of the Conservatives spewing their common sense..oops, I mean racist vitriolic hate speech, and now they want to separate from the rest of Arizona and form the 51st state and call it Baja Arizona.

I say WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!! Better yet, why don't we just make an entire section of the country for Liberals, maybe in the north east and call it the Democratic States of Libtardia. They wouldn't last long because there would be no one there to work and pay taxes.

For what it's worth, I don't think they should do it. The number of ignorant racists and old white conservatives who are afraid of "teh illegalz" is quickly dwindling. In a decade, they will all be relegated to regional pockets of stink that no one really cares about anyway.

Wow - how about that load of ignorance.

The report shows that of the 32 states (and the District of Columbia) that are "winners" -- receiving more in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 76% are Red States that voted for George Bush in 2000. Indeed, 17 of the 20 (85%) states receiving the most federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Red States.

So apparently all the trailer park Bible thumpers who scream and rail about the Fedral Gubbmint are actually the ones who are receiving the most welfare.

Here's a list of the states paying the most:

1. New Jersey ($0.62)
2. Connecticut ($0.64)
3. New Hampshire ($0.68)
4. Nevada ($0.73)
5. Illinois ($0.77)
6. Minnesota ($0.77)
7. Colorado ($0.79)
8. Massachusetts ($0.79)
9. California ($0.81)
10. New York ($0.81)

Link

Hopefully, you'll be able to grasp that most of the states paying -- oh wait scratch that -- every single state on that list voted for Obama.

So go ahead, please continue the meme that only red blooded conservatives pay taxes. Clearly, that is not the case. For what it's worth, they should just wait it out. By the time redistricting comes around again there simply won't be enough Republicans in Arizona to matter - unless old people start spontaneously cloning themselves. I actually think the state has a decent chance of going blue this time since McCain won't be on the ticket.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
im pretty sure to whoever pays attention to american politics, and is not an american citizen, would agree that liberals > conservatives.
Liberals want to be seen as proud americans who are just, while conservatives want to have guns and richer rich people.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarpeLibertas
Honestly i think its a great idea, you handle your own illegal immigration problem while the rest of the of Arizona handles it their own way. Buuttttt Under Article IV Section 3 Clause 1 of the US Constitution states, "New States may be admitted by the Congress into this Union; but no new States shall be formed or erected within the Jurisdiction of any other State; nor any State be formed by the Junction of two or more States, or parts of States, without the Consent of the Legislatures of the States concerned as well as of the Congress."
That raises a question for me.
Wasn't West Virginia originally part of the state of Virginia?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by CarpeLibertas
That raises a question for me.
Wasn't West Virginia originally part of the state of Virginia?

Yes. It broke off from Virginia in 1863 during the Civil War due to being (mostly) anti-slavery.

I think this AZ thing is pretty silly. They just need to put their heads together and come up real solutions instead of running away like they're proposing.

/TOA

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I was just doing a little googling on the subject, and this man seems to think that the admission of West Virginia to the Union was in fact an illegal act.

Statehood for West Virginia: An Illegal Act?

Complicated story about a very complicated situation.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Avenginggecko

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

For what it's worth, I don't think they should do it. The number of ignorant racists and old white conservatives who are afraid of "teh illegalz" is quickly dwindling. In a decade, they will all be relegated to regional pockets of stink that no one really cares about anyway.

Wow - how about that load of ignorance.

The report shows that of the 32 states (and the District of Columbia) that are "winners" -- receiving more in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 76% are Red States that voted for George Bush in 2000. Indeed, 17 of the 20 (85%) states receiving the most federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Red States.

So apparently all the trailer park Bible thumpers who scream and rail about the Fedral Gubbmint are actually the ones who are receiving the most welfare.

Here's a list of the states paying the most:

1. New Jersey ($0.62)
2. Connecticut ($0.64)
3. New Hampshire ($0.68)
4. Nevada ($0.73)
5. Illinois ($0.77)
6. Minnesota ($0.77)
7. Colorado ($0.79)
8. Massachusetts ($0.79)
9. California ($0.81)
10. New York ($0.81)

Link

Hopefully, you'll be able to grasp that most of the states paying -- oh wait scratch that -- every single state on that list voted for Obama.

So go ahead, please continue the meme that only red blooded conservatives pay taxes. Clearly, that is not the case. For what it's worth, they should just wait it out. By the time redistricting comes around again there simply won't be enough Republicans in Arizona to matter - unless old people start spontaneously cloning themselves. I actually think the state has a decent chance of going blue this time since McCain won't be on the ticket.

You lost me when you mentioned big spending progressive republicans like Bush and McCain. They have nothing in common with conservatism. Figure out the difference and then we'll talk.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Obama should just send the national guard on raids and just round up every Conservative retard and ship them all to West Virginia.

Then they will be able to practice their slavery, bible thumping and inbreeding

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
On maps thre can just be a space that says, "Here there be monsters".

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Democratic States of Libtardia

ROLF. That's a good start.
Please I hope they take Rosie, Oprah & Michael Moore
with them, along with this 3 world mess here in California
so it can be the beautiful, great state it once was.

Enjoy living on the border, libtards. Say hello to Los Zetas.
BTW, once you all leave we will put up a 50' concrete wall with sniper
nests & surrounded by landmines.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Obama should just send the national guard on raids and just round up every Conservative retard and ship them all to West Virginia.

Then they will be able to practice their slavery, bible thumping and inbreeding

Not all conservatives are religious, incestuous and slaveowners.

I have heard that we all are cannibals though.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

That is from 2000, a time which largely predates the tax protest movement mostly because in 2000 spending was relatively sane rather than the batcrap-crazy garbage we've witnessed over the past few years.

Furthermore, in much the same vein as attempts to connect crime rates directly to race rather than looking at the underlying factors such as poverty and education, the connections the link are attempting to make are tenuous at best. The states with the largest populations and tightest population densities will always pay out more in taxes than they recieve per capita... The suburbs financially support the urban and rural areas in most cases. A great example is shown on top of the federal money recieved table on your link. Washington DC took in almost 7 times what they paid out. Obama took 86% of the vote in DC. DC has a ridiculously high density of low income residents as most with money live in the suburbs of Maryland or Virginia. Those urban DC residents vote Democrat while holding both hands out to the feds saying "gimme gimme!"

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think it's a fantastic idea! Let's see how long it takes for them to spend other peoples' money and drive their utopia straight into the ground. Lord knows those in DC of the same ilk are doing a remarkable job of driving the entire nation into the ground.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Thu should take from this an understandig that states are too large.

How they feel is how the rural residents of just about every state feels. Not necessarily in such a petty way as partisan political but as far as legislation and taxation schemes passed by the high density urban areas that affect the suburban and rural people.

But I'm sure the message will be lost to them and they'll just wish for their time in charge so they can dictate to others.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

This place already exists. It called California.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

well man if you take away all us slave owners,bible thumping, inbred out of the equation what you end up with is the state of california............and hows that working out for you?

on another note withhold your vote and then you will see just how long the left "cares" about you.
edit on 10-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join