It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I am not for stealing from work, but Im sure many posters have unintentionally stolen something, like come home with a pen in their pocket??????????

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

Originally posted by Realms
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

naw just solidified that you are a repub probably tea-party cause you've got the party-line down pat

1-For you to assume with out any viable evidence that I'm a republican shows that you clearly like to label, or generalize. Judgmental people much like yourself are the problem with this country.

you're against social security

2-I have yet to make any comments about SS. Had you paid attention, you would have seen that Im against any social program not condoned by the Constitution. According Article 1 section 8, the powers vested in Congress gives no such authority to implement such programs. Its apparent that you failed reading comprehension lessons.

smaller gov=keep out of my business

2b-Of course, big government has no place in peoples lives. Do you enjoy the ongoing molestation of your rights and liberties? A simple yes or no will suffice.

you folks just want to do whatever you want with the gov restraining the people when they react against your predatory business models.

3-Um...no? We the people as described within the Constitution should have the rights to make the decisions for what is best in our lives, with no government intervention. Do you think its the place of government to feed you? Perhaps the government should choose for you what to wear?

that constitution y'all are cherry pickin at is a social contract; the agreement between all americans of how things are run here, the limits of what can be gotten away with, and what will not be tolerated here in this country. now that you all have pretty much ripped it up anarchy will soon follow

4- You would like to believe it was the big bad Republicans, because it suits your argument. But you do realize that the left vs right paradigm is old and tired. That both the Republicans and the Democrats are one in the same. A key point to remember, you do understand that Democrats have never been champions of smaller government right? They tend to intervene, and expand on infringing policies. Case in point, Obama expanded on the Patriot Act that was implemented by Bush Jr., and continued further, attacking our rights and liberties.

well all you greedheads have pretty much wrecked this country, like you've wrecked and brought down every past civilization from mesopotamia to the west.

5-And yet another generalization. You want so badly to point the finger at the Republicans, never fully understanding that both parties are one in the same, and with an agenda.

more fool you if you think i'm a troll

6-Your lack of basic understanding of the fundamentals of political rhetoric, and your continued need to point the finger will keep you in the dark. The left vs right paradigm, accomplishes one thing. Division. And the longer people much like yourself stay divided, the longer it will take to recover.

Keep soakin up that disinformation from the MSM. Apparently, their lies have brainwashed the few and the weak.

edit on 12-5-2011 by Realms because: (no reason given)

1-if it quacks like a duck?
rag on "liberals" much

2-my bad, should have linked to your thread where you did say that.
you do remember what i said about how to check other members threads and posts do you?

2b- i'm an anarchist and believe in NO GOVERNMENT AT ALL.
perhaps i should have said that the small government want the big gov to give up some power [or the illusion delusion thereof] to the merchant class and not the people?...

3- ...and corporations are not people.
4-go back over my posts on this thread you might be surprised to discover that

Originally posted by Realms
But you do realize that the left vs right paradigm is old and tired.

is merely a rephrasing of

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
oh and all those dichotomies: liberal/conservative dumbocrat/repugnican? are illusory and so 20th century

WTF!!!? did you get confused there? or are you trying to play some sort of psychological game?

5 um no, GreedHeads come in all political stripes usually the ones that help them indulge their destructiveness with a minimum of interference.

they're like the kingpin who espouses the following philosophy:

6- to paraphrase you[see 4]:
Your lack of basic understanding of the fundamentals of posting on forums, and your continued need to point the finger, have kept you in the dark.

cause half of the time we seem to be in agreement on some things [see 2 2nd line]

lol

oh well...
this is a pretty cool site when you really think about it here i was going give a bit of a thrashing when lo and behold what should be written above the reply box:

You are an experienced contributor to ATS. Please be an example for our newer members and make every post matter.

okay i'll play nice

so if by now if you haven't been bothered to check my 1st post on this thread where i made my position clear
i'll take the time to clear up a few things in case you've gotten dizzy from arguing

stealing little stuff is stupid
especially if from your employer

why? the cost if you get caught outweighs any possible benefit.

if your employer is holding back the progress of the human race in any shape manner or form
then the opposite holds true.

if i collect rainwater and the law says i am stealing it, am i thief?

no i am not,period,
especially when the states only argument is a gun.

if i need to go to the bathroom a bit longer than usual i am not stealing anybody's time.

do make a habit of checking out the profiles,posts and threads of those you find yourself agreeing or disagreeing with you might be surprised.

and not get into senseless arguments

bye now

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

There really isn't a way to justify this. You are a thief, possibly a kleptomaniac since you seem to glorify stealing. It is nothing to be proud of and certainly nothing you should be encouraging others to do.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
certain entities deserve getting ripped off such ass BofA. I'm all for screwing with them. but in general it's no bueno to steal from your company that you work at. you work at micky D's fine rob them thats OK but not the average mid sized company. lots of companies actually go through great expenses to keep their employees happy.

where I work I often wonder what their budget is for the break room alone. all the snacks, red bull, coffee, fruit, nuts, soda, vitamin water, chips, yogurt a person could ever want. a few video games, and a tv with cable. I'm not complaining and they give bonuses monthly for work effort. I'm not stealing from them they are giving me their best efforts so I return the favor.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Just to clarify my post I don't endorse stealing in fact stealing is bad, but alas it's just another symptom of our civilization and humanity. But I do endorse the op doing whatever he want's and living with the consequences, it's his life after-all and none of my business but him and those involved in his deeds.

But he does make some good points, thought he wont even put a dent in the corporate machine with what he is doing, # I think the statistics are that pretty much everybody does it or did it at one time or another in one way or another even if it is using the companies computer to check the net once in a while while at work. To some supposedly even that is stealing, and all of it is all factored into the end tallies anyways, as others have said.

If anything with all that is going on I just got to laugh at somebody taking a stapler and some dollars once in a while from a corporation as a way to fight the system. Besides considering all the thieves out there and all the complicated scams out there. What he is doing is not even on there scales, bernie madoff he is not, and he is definitely not to big to fail in his course, so he best be careful with his thieving ways. Ah a crazy yet hilarious in a crazy kind of way world that we live in.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This is aimed at the corporations more than work, and I refer to the ANC in South Africa and an article this week based around ablution facilities.

The ANC have 'at last' provided 1600 toilets in the FreeState of SA all fully functional toilets with cisterns and pipes amazing workmanship.

If you have a morbid sense of humor you may enjoy reading up on it as all 1600 facilities are open and exposed not just to the elements but also the local households, having no surrounding walls or roofs. Now when one mentions stealing I noticed not one single toilet roll among the orchards of white rolling toilets. Somebody has stolen or is about to vast quantities of white gold AKA 'Toilet Roll'.

On a more serious note I have only ever taken from work places that which is in the skip because of office clear outs and the like. While in company time dumpster diving and retrieving valuables such as... Leather chair which is of retro design sells for £300-400, fax machine worth around £150 at the time, speakers very good bookshelf speakers were worth about £200, computer speakers 2.1 with sub a nice Yamaha make again worth a few quid, Digital display clock/countdown, paint worth around £100, carpet tiles brand new, last but not least records as I used to do security for one of the largest record labels. Anybody sending in DJ promo only white labels ooh thanks guys! I have a small yet modest collection.

All this would have gone to landfill so I looked at it as saving the environment I am not a petty thief or common criminal. I saved myself over £1000 utilizing office waste and refuse in fact all the listed above is still used by my friends to this very day.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wow
The OP's world must be so black and white! Like everything big is bad - and the reverse.
You steal from your employer, you could be dropping your coworkers in it, putting up prices for everyone else or dropping the profits and reducing jobs. Just imagine if everyone did it.
There are plenty of people who would be glad of a job - any job. And don't give us the 'just doing it as a social protest' guff. You are doing it out of greed.
There are more honest ways of fighting big corporations. Taking their pay and stealing is just being a slime ball. You dropped the bar on your own standards my friend and it's a slippery slope.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I cant believe all the NAY SAYING I've heard. This is a ALTERNATIVE website here, lets try some ALTERNATIVE thinking, and come up with some ALTERNATIVE ways to get by. like stealing from those who have stolen from us.

i've got two words for all you self righteous, preaching pricks who are Nay Saying stealing.

ROBIN HOOD

i agree with the poster, That there is a CODE. You do not steal from individuals or small business (the little guys!), but you ONLY steal from large corporations. These large corporate entities will not notice in time to stop you, nor will they really care when its gone, to them its just a number and a price tag, to you, its whatever you make of it.
The corporations will not miss a thing you steal from them, the little guy will get smaller die ofcourse, so we do not STEAL FROM INDEPENDENT OR SMALL BUSINESS. BUT rather HUGE MULTI MILLION DOLLAR CORPORATIONS who wont miss a thing and who dont feel a thing.
A company that makes 100 million a year will not miss anything you steal from them, no matter how much its worth. they wont even feel it. Its FREE to them, they didnt pay for it.

So all you self righteous preachers making your judgements on anyone who steals... put this in your pipe and smoke it.
You're WRONG. Stealing can be RIGHT. It can be JUST. It is OWED to us, and so much more. So long as its directed at the businesses that wont feel it, its not hurting anyone. And if it does its the business that you hate.
so...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You guys are very wrong in making a distinction between a company and a person.
A company is nothing but a collection of persons working together.

If you are stealing and the persons around you aren't, you are at an advantage.
If you are not stealing and the persons around you are, you are at a disadvantage.
If no one is stealing, everyone is at odds.
If everybody is stealing, everyone is at odds.

Stealing seems clearly the more profitable action, isn't it?

But, the same goes for murder, rape and all those other nasty things.

Yet deep inside we know that this is not the ultimate solution. We can all imagine what the world would look like if we were all lawless thugs.
That is why we made the agreements not to do this stuff.
But then, some guys at the top seemed not to be complying with the rules.
So what do you do when they don't comply? Do you still feel obligued to keep your part of the contract?
I'd say not always.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
When it comes to stealing from a major corporation I feel sorta conflicted. In that whatever is stolen by the individual will most likely not make a dent into corporation's operations. Some might think well that's the point for not being caught, but I think the point is missed all together in that frame of thinking.

Someone quoted the saying if you plan to steal, steal big. Have I stolen from my work place? Sure, but mostly from the personal things I've printed from their printer, with their paper, made a copy on their copier for my purposes, taken a pen if I needed it, things of that nature.

Going back to my the quote at hand, the concept of Robin Hood is an interesting one. I think that if done for the purpose of giving back to the community that the corporation has helped hurt in some way then it isn't a negative but rather a positive. Rather than lets say reasoning that because the corporation that you are working for has done you wrong in some way and you are getting back at them. But if the Robin Hood route is taken, then whatever is stolen or sabotaged would need to be major and not small change.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I work for a lot more then minimum wage. However my coworkers don’t. I hear their complaints.
We work at a private foundation set up only to cater to a major university. No one on any pay level has received a raise or bonus since 9-11-01, a pay freeze, because of uncertainty of the market. Yet the business is making more money than ever. So much in fact last year they had to spend around 4 million dollars so they could keep their budget for the next year. They spent it all on computers which still sit in the basement untouched after an entire year. We are nonprofit, this year we had $17,800,000.00 left over. Could we take a small percentage of that and give everyone a small bonus? No we had to donate it to the state funded university. Health care prices keep going up. The price to travel to work keeps going up, whether it is gas, taxi, or bus. We have a parking garage, which was donated to us. We have to pay 17 dollars a day just to park. Where else can we park? Try about 4 miles away. They own all the land. Our minimum wage is $7.25/hr. We have part time people who are expected to come to work for only 3 hours a day and still pay $17 for parking. So 3 hours by $7.25 is $21.75 take away the parking fee and you bring home a full $4.75 before taxes! That’s the living right? Thats not even enough to put the gas in your car, and I realy hope that car is paid off. Now I do understand, "make more of yourself". However the country could not operate without the minimum wage workers, and there are the few people who can’t better themselves.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Good on you doctor..

Star and flag for the bravery..

I feel your pain but how much is there to steal through your workplace?.
They will sniff you out eventually..
They could lay traps just for you.. hehe

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I don't condone stealing, but, in this specific situation...I applaud it. I do not care who thinks what of me for applauding this act. It doesn't matter to me. But, in the world I live in, it's all business. Big business does not care about you...they have made successes in life from exploiting all they've come across and have stolen MANY times what you have! The man isn't stealing to try to change the system...he's stealing whatever he can to acquire whatever he can, and if its at the expense of these disgusting companies, so be it! More power to him. If you're going to get the sh!tty end of the stick and work tirelessly, be exploited and be miserable, you may as well walk away with something more than what they unfairly give you anyway. They under pay you, over work you and discipline you in the worst ways, and you must be "righteous" to them?!?!?! MADNESS! Take whatever little they give you and then some!

People cannot sell marijuana, but they can sell you nicotine and caffeine? They tell you stay beneath 80km/h, but sell you cars that go 2 to 3 times beyond that? And you want to play fair to them?!?!?! You must be joking. In this life, there is no "fair" by them. If you're playing their game, you might as well play to win, even when you're already losing and may die a loser.

To all of you holding your heads up, trying to be better than they are...good for you. To the OP...take what little scraps they give you, and then some!
edit on 13-5-2011 by sdrawkcabII because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by sdrawkcabII because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
Do you steal from work? I do. Every single job I've ever had, except for one. And you know what, I dont feel guilty about it. Not one bit.

Now I"ve had some crappy jobs: private snobby country club, Ace Hardware, Panera Bread, Subway and now a generic office job. The only job I never stole from was the privately owned cafe. I didnt steal from them because I'd be stealing from people, not faceless corporate entities. I steal from the rich and give to myself. Much like the rich steal from me (labor power, energy, creativity, time and, of course, the profits I make for the company) and give to themselves.

As a lifelong fighter of the system and sower of discord, I feel a sort of passive agressive satisfaction when I steal from work. Its a way to be a wolf in sheeps clothing, smiling and nodding while secretly undermining the system that enslaves us all (CEOs to janitors, we all work to eat).

So my question is: When and why do you steal from work? If you dont, why not?

When is ok to steal? What virtues are there in stealing from work and corporations?

(For the record: if my boss is reading this...you'll never catch me. Mwahahahaha!!)

edit on 10-5-2011 by doctornamtab because: spelling

Those are just franchise names. Chances are, some independent guy owns one, or maybe a couple, of those franchises. If you work there and steal steal stuff, you are taking away from his bottom line, not the corporation's.

You should move on to greater crimes, perhaps suicide. You can be a criminal and make the world a better place, two birds, one stone.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I rarely post, but I must speak up on this one. You are an sorry piece of crap. A thief is a thief, regardless of your high-minded babble.

The big, "faceless" corporations you steal from are owned by their shareholders. These shareholders might be large insurance firms, or they may be your grandmother. A corporation is merely a legal organization of many individuals. When you steal from a "corporation", you are responsible for higher prices paid by the customers, and lower wages paid to the employees.

The jobs you listed are all seemingly minimum wage jobs, suitable for someone who is working toward something bigger, or incapable of something bigger. My guess is that you are the in the latter group.

When you grow up and move out of Mommy's basement, you will realize that "fighters of the system" usually stay at the bottom of the food chain.

You are pathetic, and I have sent many of your type to jail.

Hammer's gonna fall.....

(With apologies to the real men in the room.)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Back and forth we go:
" oh it's not hurting the giant evil faceless corporation; in fact they hardly notice it."

" Er why do it then?"

"To get back at them;because they steal from us!"
Sheer cognitive dissonance!
Which is it are they immune and don't notice ?
Or is o.p. inflicting painful direct Robin Hood like justice against the monster?
Can't have it both ways. Couching "theft for kicks" in high minded social babble is b.s. Callit "self-righteous preaching"or not. bad form, no biscuit...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

I can honestly say that when I go to work, I really don't have the spare time or desire to even think about stealing. I have more important things to do. To me stealing from work is a very juvenile and illegal thing to do. If i really need something that badly, and for whatever reason couldn't afford it, then I would ask for it rather than steal it. The chances are I would get it too, because I wouldn't be asking for petty things, this would have to be something with a real need behind it, hence the reason for asking to begin with.

By saying that through stealing you are sticking one to the system is wrong. The system is well equipped and prepared for petty and even large theft. Its all factored in and profits are external to that equation. They know that they can't catch everyone all the time so its accounted for......this means that your actions are pointless and do not achieve what you set out to do.

All your actions are going to do is cause worry/pain/frustration/stress and possibly a level of insanity in those that are responsible for the things you steal.

I'm interested to find out what it is you are stealing from your new office job, and I wonder which of your colleagues is going to have to take the flack for you.
My question to you OP is this;

If a friend/colleague is being openly accussed by your superiors of the thefts, Would you step up in front of all your colleagues and own up to being the office thief OR would you stand back and watch your colleague get fired for your actions.

If you are the kind of person that would own up to it and take a just punishment (termination of contract/prison) then what the hell are you doing stealing in the first place, you should know better.

I have a feeling though that you haven't really sat down and thought about your actions, I think you just steal for the rush of it and use the "sticking it to the system" excuse to continue doing so.

Please stop doing it, I promise you will feel a billion times better for knowing that you set a good example at work.

A clear conscience is worth way more than the sum total of everything you have ever stolen and more......

I hope you see sense, its better for you and better for those around you too.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by doctornamtab
Do you steal from work? I do. Every single job I've ever had, except for one. And you know what, I dont feel guilty about it. Not one bit.

Now I"ve had some crappy jobs: private snobby country club, Ace Hardware, Panera Bread, Subway and now a generic office job. The only job I never stole from was the privately owned cafe. I didnt steal from them because I'd be stealing from people, not faceless corporate entities. I steal from the rich and give to myself. Much like the rich steal from me (labor power, energy, creativity, time and, of course, the profits I make for the company) and give to themselves.

As a lifelong fighter of the system and sower of discord, I feel a sort of passive agressive satisfaction when I steal from work. Its a way to be a wolf in sheeps clothing, smiling and nodding while secretly undermining the system that enslaves us all (CEOs to janitors, we all work to eat).

So my question is: When and why do you steal from work? If you dont, why not?

When is it ok to steal? What virtues are there in stealing from work and corporations?

(For the record: if my boss is reading this...you'll never catch me. Mwahahahaha!!)

edit on 10-5-2011 by doctornamtab because: spelling

Most people don't understand because they think that stealing is wrong and bad because they don't understand who they're stealing from. I very well understand who I steal from, the F***ing corporates. The very people who control who gets to live or not, controls who gets to eat gluttonous amounts or slivers of food, controls who has luxurious assets and who shouldn't. It is the very same corporates who sit idly by when the world is in disarray and denies help because they would lose their profits. These people controlling their corporations follow an absolute system and don't give 2 F***s about anyone, but themselves.

I understand from your spectrum. I would never steal from a privatized business. Now thats wrong because its just another person just like you trying to make a buck.

The people who are strongly against your thread are all some sort of acting boss.

I steal office supplies and food from my company. Why, because it doesn't affect person but the Company and because I can.

Its okay to steal when no one is looking, lol. Seriously. When the boss or acting supervisor is a complete ass face, when I'm hungry, or when I could use a surplus of supplies for home.

What virtues is there when stealing from work and corp?
Its nice to know that my labor deserves no recognition or appreciation. Its nice to know that there are people who are being paid twice your wage just to compliment on how much of an excellent laborer you are when they aren't even remotely genuine about it. Its nice to know that you are benefiting off of a corporation that doesn't even know you exist. Thats my justification.

If you guys think stealing is wrong, What about both positions taking part in Bribery? How do you feel about working for these robotic people who have no empathy whatsoever towards another person, that controls the faceless corporates? How do you people suppose stock brokers, regional sales managers, National sales manager, Compliance Officer make their money --- by playing by the rule book?
edit on 14-5-2011 by noobert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Being a thief only makes you a good for nothing thief.

What's your name? You know, to make sure I never hire you to do anything, ever.

Well said man!

While I understand the OP has convinced himself he's doing 'the right thing', it's not the 'right stuff' to do it!

One of the fundimental things of Common Law is not to steal. Even from a faceless corporation it's still theft and is a mere gateway to theft of other things...
Hence the reason you are taking flak from the working-class joes on ATS...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Stealing is wrong regardless of who it is. If you try to rationalize otherwise you are void of morals.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join