It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

There are many people who simply do NOT have the capacity to carry out a job above entry-level position. What are these people supposed to do? If they are not paid enough to live on they will become homeless.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

You are not entitled to food, water, housing, clothing, healthcare, etc etc. If you want it, earn it.

But that would be to logical? Actually going out and earning something? Why work when there are those who can get for free due to entitlements~

Having pride for one self apparently missed some of the younger generations.

link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

The sooner the better, then theres one less person to be exploited

Why wait?

link   

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by ViperChili
They want things handed to them (much like you do) without actually working for them.

Stealing is the opposite of wanting things handed to you.

he doesn't know that man ... look at his posts and registration date ViperChili Registered: 14/4/11 ... well that explains it all ... come back in a couple of years when you have some actual experience in these matters ... like Ima listen to some mainstream propaganda junkie making wild claims about subjects he has no knowledge of.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyTHSeed

Then that is their problem for not being motivated enough to make the necessary changes in their life.

No one is entitled to anything. If they refuse to adapt, then let them become homeless.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
i haven't noticed anybody put a value on this corporate theft?
are we basically talking pens and pencils, or would it be ok to actually take millions, thus putting people out of work in order for them to make up the loss?

You could do a hypothetical workup.

Let's say a company has 20 office locations, each with 100 employees. 2000 employees total.

Each employee has a stapler on their desk. Damn that is a nice stapler. The company wouldn't notice if I just took that sweet swingline home to live at my house. I could just grab another one from the supply closet.

That stapler cost the company $10.

2000 swingline coveting employees.

$20,000.

Chump change?

Maybe if people stopped stealing, they could pay employees better, and give them some better medical coverage.

Or maybe they could have offered their services at a more competitive price, but instead they lose too much business to their competition and now 2000 people are out of work.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Lol.

I must ask: Do you choose to work with children because you want to be around your intellectual equals?

Exactly what points have you made in this thread other than pathetically trying to attack me?

Hint: None.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

I have yet to see you make a logical argument in this thread. Do you have the necessary skills to conjure up a constructive thought, or do you plan on continuing making personal attacks? You defend the social welfare programs and yet have not identified whether or not you should earn things in life, or have it handed to you?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Realms

This seems illogical in itself. What makes anyone entitled to anything?

How about the air you breath?
The light you see?
How about these thoughts and ideas I place online?

Some things are just there, for everyone and everything.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyTHSeed
reply to post by Realms

There are many people who simply do NOT have the capacity to carry out a job above entry-level position. What are these people supposed to do? If they are not paid enough to live on they will become homeless.

Everyone has the ability to promote themselves to the next step in life. Nothing is preventing a person from obtaining work exp, much less added skills to market themselves. Those who may have the excuse of say, handicapped, then we agree there.

But the average joe, has every tool at his/her disposal, what they do with those tools is entirely up to them. There is no reason someone should obtain the fruits of another mans labor, all because they were to lazy to achieve greatness for themselves.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Why wait?

Because i know the mere existance of little monkeys like me unnerves you, so i'll stick around, swing through a few tree's, maybe steal some of your food because quite frankly, your illogical rants and inflated ego amuse's me

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Your all taking like the monetary system is not a scam to start with ... you want to know why your all wrong ... FIAT CURRENCY.

Fiat Currency: money without intrinsic value

An intrinsic theory of value (also called theory of objective value) is any theory of value in economics which holds that the value of an object, good or service, is intrinsic or contained in the item itself. Most such theories look to the process of producing an item, and the costs involved in that process, as a measure of the item's intrinsic value.

When you "steal" something your stealing something that doesn't actually have an intrinsic value so your not actually stealing anything your just taking it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
its people like viperchili that make this world such a craphole....open your mind buddy...if they dont want to work, let them become homeless, wth, ever ask them why they cant work?
edit on 11-5-2011 by DeadBLACK because: just because

link   

Originally posted by ProjectedLogic
[

How about the air you breath?
The light you see?
How about these thoughts and ideas I place online?

All of the oxygen cannot be bottled and sold.
The sun cannot be contained in a jar and sold.
The thought and ideas you place online are the property of the website owners, in this case, The Above Network owns your comments.

link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

Stealing is stealing, no matter how one rationalizes it. And due losses will not come out of the corporation's, nor shareholders', nor uncle sam's bottom line; it will come out of you and your co-workers paychecks, bonuses, pensions etc. They have ways of making sure of that.

That being said, theft is rampant in many workplaces. I worked at a place where a low-wage shipping room clerk got caught returning a $35 electric drill, but failed to notify the supervisor of the "borrowing". He was fired. Same supervisor saw a low-wage woman grabbing a $10 plastic trash can blowing across the parking lot and putting it in her vehicle. He tried to fire her but couldn't make the case stick.

But a "professional staff" member was observed carrying a computer from another office, hiding it behind her office furniture and waiting. A meeting was held and it was decided that she would be confronted. She boo-hooed and claimed her co-workers set her up "because they were jealous of her position" LOL. She got away with caught red-handed!!!

The policy was supposed to be notify security personnel, and let them do surveillance and catch her leaving the property with computer in vehicle.

It's not who you know.....but who you ......

Those and other bad incidents did not make me want to steal. It's part of holding yourself to a higher standard IMO.

link   
reply to post by ProjectedLogic

What makes anyone entitled to anything?

That's my point. No one is entitled to anything. Taking pride in oneself, and earning what is wanted is what should be accomplished. Power perceived, is power achieved.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Why wait?

Because i know the mere existance of little monkeys like me unnerves you, so i'll stick around, swing through a few tree's, maybe steal some of your food because quite frankly, your illogical rants and inflated ego amuse's me

lol yeah its pretty amusing seeing some one claim intelligence then show absolutely none in any of his posts or threads.

link   

Ha, i just remembered who you remind me of.
You know that banker from "Its a wonderful life" ? Yup, thats you all over

Night

link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

If it makes you feel better, I go to sleep every night with a smile knowing that people like you struggle. You deserve every hardship that comes your way. Some people make something of themselves, others whine about life not being fair. You are the latter.

Not unnerving in any manner.
edit on 11-5-2011 by ViperChili because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Apparently one of the key lessons in life were never taught in their University establishments. Such sad little minds.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join