It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stealing From Work and Corporations...Good or Bad?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

I dont steal anything from anyone. People are paid what they are worth.

Perhaps the fact you are low paid means you are worth very little.

Maybe thats just too painful for you to accept.

Lol, sweetheart if i was an employer, you would pay me because i sure would be unwilling to accept a retard like you spewing up your economic gibberish in my sandbox

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

You are what is wrong with the world. You are selfish and greedy. Your wake up call is right around the corner. Good luck!

I support my family, that is my only obligation in life.

I'm sure every cent you have gets donated to helping others right?

People like you are what is wrong with this world. You have your set of morals, and I have mine yet you get indignant when others don't share your "moral fiber". Morals are subjective, everyone has their own view of things. I dont use Nike products, and I couldnt possibly care any less how their supplier treats their workers.

Perhaps you should focus on whats important instead of getting pissy about every little thing you don't like.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

But you will never be an employer.

Your comments in this thread prove that. You have zero understanding of business. Economics is some freakish term you do not understand.

Don't feel bad for yourself though, there is a place for you in the workforce.

We always need clean toilets.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I worked for a large corporation for several years that I felt was dishonest with it's employees and customers. They always (as far as I was aware) opperated within the law but did things that were not ethical, IMO. However, they provided me with employment and a salary. I never stole anything from the company or in any way disrespected them while I was there. Why? Because I would bring dishonor to myself, In other words you hurt yourself as much as the corporation when you resort to this type of unethical activity. I sleep well at night. When you can no longer represent the corporation that has provided you work, it's time to find another job.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Education is anything but free. While you may educate yourself freely on the internet, it means little if you do not have a piece of paper backing such knowledge (degree).

Public four-year colleges charge, on average, $7,605 per year in tuition and fees for in-state students. The average surcharge for full-time out-of-state students at these institutions is $11,990. Private nonprofit four-year colleges charge, on average, $27,293 per year in tuition and fees. Public two-year colleges charge, on average, $2,713 per year in tuition and fees.

Continue to troll more Viper, it produces nothing. Like most CEO's

Source

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

But you will never be an employer.

Your comments in this thread prove that. You have zero understanding of business. Economics is some freakish term you do not understand.

Don't feel bad for yourself though, there is a place for you in the workforce.

We always need clean toilets.

Hahaha, i'd happily sit on your throne and unleash hell. It being you? I wouldnt flush. But just because i dont have a skill set you cant use dont ever, EVER be under the impression that i would EVER drop MY standards in employers. I would NEVER work for you. I would NEVER lower myself to cleaning toilets for folks like you. You keep the current system proped up with your babble about why you cant pay someone a livable wage. I hope oneday the chinese workers go on strike, i hope you hear about the conditons they work with and it melts your tiny iced up little heart. I hope you actually feel guilty i really do.

Ive got no reason to keep trying to educate a fool like you. Its obvious that your happy to be a loser with to much money. Enjoy it sweetheart. If people keep getting exploited the way they are, you aint going to have it long

End of lesson.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Oh how I agree with you. I've been getting the short end of the stick at a job that was promissed advancement but now I'm living paycheck to paycheck...fun for a single dad. Having the time of my friggin'' life. But as for the stealing things, not really my thing. But go right ahead they deserve to loose abit even if they don't notice.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ProjectedLogic

Wrong, especially in the IT field.

Countless self taught hackers, coders, and network admins can attest to that.

Not a troll at all

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

You could have all the money in the world, but you still couldnt buy me, thats how deluded you are

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms

Originally posted by Soldier81
Not read the whole thread but stealing is stealing regardless if you are stealing from your neighbour or a faceless corporation, in the latter it can have dire consequences to you and your workmates.

The excuse people use about it hurting no-one to try and justify what they have done is nothing short of pathetic, If profit margins and or targets are not met people will lose their jobs.

A store I used to work at downsized because of targets not being met and the first out the door was a 58 year old trading manager who had little to no chance of seeking further employment, was the targets not being met due to stealing? maybe or maybe not but at the end of the day stealing will have the same effect in the long run.

Let me get this straight, are you implying that shrinkage caused (or might have cost) a major retailer such as target to dowsize a low to mid manager? BTW I agree that stealing is stealing regardless.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

What I was getting at is that if the margins are not there or expected targets drop then management will take action. In the case I used it was a little extreme and although not the only factor, staff and public theft was still a factor.

When I say downsize, they restructured this 1 store that led to 1 person losing their job and two other had been demoted.
Huge cutbacks on the amount of overtime the store manager was allowed to issue too.

rant

If I work for someone regardless of my rank in the company I will do my upmost to make the company as much money as I can and also give our clients 100% satisfaction, people do notice but that's not why I do it I do it because these people seen enough in me to give me the opportunity to work for them and earn a living for me and my family, the last thing I would want to do is stab them in the back.

/rant

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

get a clue and be carefull what you wish for

Well you are obviously the one who needs to gey a "clue'. If you condone stealing in any capacity you are only a notch above the thief. This speaks volume about your (or lack of) honest character. Sounds like your grandfather was a good man with integrity. Shame you never inherited his traits! You are someone who condones crime! Shame on you!! Disgraceful. You be careful what you wish for!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well, here in the USA, it's just ridiculous. I have worked for food service places in the past, and every one that I worked at throws out tons of food daily. If anyone tries to take home any of the trashed food, they are fired, fined, and took to court.

When I was 16 and working at McDonalds (my first job ever), I remember police arresting a homeless man who dug some food out of the dumpster. They got him for theft since it was still on the companies property, soliciting (which was his time digging in the dumpsters), and one other thing I can't remember (i'm 27 now). So obviously since he was homeless, he had no way to pay the fines, and ended up going to jail. All because he was trying not to starve. He didn't go to jail that very night, but once he didn't show up for court (being homeless, no money, no transportation, and the court house being around 22+ miles from the McDonalds), they arrested him.

You might say, why didn't he just go to the local soup kitchen, well those soup kitchens only allow so many people in a day, and it's always first come, first serve. So most of the time, it ends up into a big street fight, and they shut the doors earlier than usual. It's not even safe to drive around that area.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

You could have all the money in the world, but you still couldnt buy me, thats how deluded you are

Uh why would I ever want to buy a worthless parasite that does nothing but whine?

No thanks, if I wanted one of those, I could go down to the welfare office and find hundreds just like you.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
"stealing" is something invented by man ... they way i see it, i was born on this earth so I am entitled to anything on it without a price, there is no such thing as stealing really because we are all of the earth and entitled to everything on it.

People don't steal because they are scared and those people are the ones that truly need to wake up and realize stealing is nothing more then taking something you want without paying for it (the money system is a scam anyways) ... so what are you really doing wrong ? The answer is nothing.

Fiat currency is false currency so depriving some one of it doesn't actually do anything in the grand scheme of things ... steal whatever you want ... do whatever you want and don't let a bunch of system indoctrinated people tell you how you should act ever ...

Stealing is a word that only truly dumb people buy into, so any of the anti-stealing people in this thread need to freaking wake up and realize that they are asleep and the only reason they have any idea what stealing is .. is because thats what they have been told and they are good little sheeple.

There is 0 difference between stealing something at work because you want to and stealing a loaf of bread to feed your family .... none at all, its the same act and the only thing that changes the fact is perception and if the people in this thread don't understand perception then they really are an A grade class of morons and don't really have a place on this site.
edit on 11/5/11 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

public education is a product of the industrial age, and it's purpose is to mass produce obedient worker's.

You have the liberal interventionists to thank for that. Had our educational systems promoted individualism, and less interventionism, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki
"stealing" is something invented by man ... they way i see it, i was born on this earth so I am entitled to anything on it without a price, there is no such thing as stealing really because we are all of the earth and entitled to everything on it.

Your moms genitals are from the earth too, is everyone entitled to your mothers genitals?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SearchLightsInc

Uh why would I ever want to buy a worthless parasite that does nothing but whine?

No thanks, if I wanted one of those, I could go down to the welfare office and find hundreds just like you.

Perhaps you'd like to take a trip down there and start rambling your economic views to them? I'm sure they'd love to hear you, maybe even roll around laughing at the absurdity of your "logic"

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki

Your moms genitals are from the earth too, is everyone entitled to your mothers genitals?

Have at it ... any intelligent responses or is that all you can muster up ?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Why, does your family need some laughter?

The bottom line here is that people who have a clue will succeed, while people like you (without a clue) will die early in life after eating a steady diet of ramen noodles and 3 week old doughnuts.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join