It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan Prophet Predicts Killer Earthquake

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

"A self-proclaimed Taiwanese "prophet" started the countdown Tuesday for what he said would be a huge earthquake, as workers moved tons of bottled water and other supplies to makeshift shelters.
"The final countdown has started," Wang Chao-hung, better known to his followers and the public as "Teacher Wang," said in the central Taiwanese town of Puli, home to about 80,000 people.
The 54-year-old said a 14-magnitude killer quake would strike the island at 10:42:37 local time Wednesday, killing at least one million people.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I LOVE this short time predictions... can't wait till the time past by and nothing happens
like LA earthquake in April, or Rome quake tomorrow...

but who knows, if you tell often enough it will rain, someday it will

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

A 14 magnitude??
That would rip the planet apart.

Why would they bother with shelters and water?
May as well just kiss your ass goodbye.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

lol, still it´s the 11:th and we could possible see some kind of disaster? eartquake, bombing in europe just take your pick...

seven need eleven!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Right you are, a magnitude 9 is what hit japan.
Magnitude 10 is 10 times stronger than that. mag. 11 is ten times stronger than 10, and so on.

Magnitude 14 = pretty much a continent-destroyer. It would look like something out of the movie 2012, and i doubt it would be that strong. I guess we'll see soon enough!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Is that about 9 1/2 hours from now? About 8:30 pm EST?

Edit: sorry it's 10:42pm EST
edit on 10-5-2011 by WildWorld because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   

A confluence of distinct prophecies from opposite sides of the globe are all predicting that the world will be struck by unprecedented disasters in May 2011. In Taiwan, a prophet known as “Teacher Wang,” is warning followers that a super earthquake of magnitude 14 on the Richter scale will strike Taiwan at 10:42:37 on May 11. According to Wang this super quake will be followed 6 days later by a tsunami that may generate a wave as high as 170 m. His prophecy has caused panic and many people are building paper box houses to live in on earthquake day.

Four Separate Prophecies May 2011

So many end-of-the-world prophecies, so little time (left).

It's going to be humorous to see which ones, probably all, end up being wrong. Not so humorous if one of them ends up being correct, but I'm doubting it.

A 14-Magnitude Earthquake? I don't think anyone can even begin to consider how much power that is. And people are buying "paper box" houses for shelter?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

It's at 10pm EST (I think) since Taiwan is exactly 12 hours ahead of us. Strange thing is that if you search ATS and Google for May 11, 2011, few other people have predicted bad stuff going down tomorrow.
edit on 10-5-2011 by frozenspark because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I mean really, down to the specific SECOND. Which time zone is he using I wonder?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It's 11:10 pm there now, so... it's about 11½ hours from now.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Is this the same prophet ?

Taiwanese authorities have threatened to fine a self-proclaimed prophet unless he removes remarks from his blog predicting an “apocalyptic quake” that triggered panic preparations among numerous followers. Lin Yeu-woo, a weather bureau spokesman, said: “Issuing unauthorised forecasts on earthquakes is punishable by a fine of up to Tw$1 million

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Fine him ..hit him in the pocket !!!!!!

edit on 10-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Thanks

I'm not sure if I really believe in predictions but it will be interesting to see what happens tonight. Hopefully nothing will.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

14 MAG ?!?!?

That's an extra LARGE helping of

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/854f7d084574.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67f888c177db.gif[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/470da9dc6f21.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 10-5-2011 by Signals because: classified

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I think it is the same dude. It is good he is being fined.. maybe it will serve as a warning for other false prophets and fear mongers... granted he is one DUN DUN DUN

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

An earthquake that big would pretty much wipe out the entire planet. I am guessing it would be felt across the globe, and the waves and surge of ocean water created by it would kill most of ocean life and devour coastal cities around the planet.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiritron9000

I use to think this also , but a mag 10 quake is actually 100 times stronger than a 9 and so on. So yup a mag 14 could rip apart a continent .

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Has this guy ever predicted anything else? Anything that came to happen?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I can't find anything, but I'm still looking. I wonder if he is the re-incarnated Rev Jim Jones?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Tried searching about past predictions also and came up empty.

Furthermore, there is a rather strong belief that he is working hand-in-hand with the container retailers.

Nothing like spreading mass panic amongst your fellow citizens in order to make a buck.

He probably should have just sent his resume to Halliburton.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by matadoor

I can't find anything, but I'm still looking. I wonder if he is the re-incarnated Rev Jim Jones?

I googled him but didn't see anything except articles about his current prediction.
I did read that he is selling his cargo containers for $5500 each.....not sure those would be any help in a 14.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join