It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan Prophet Predicts Killer Earthquake

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Magnitude 14 on what scale? That can't possibly be Richter, can it?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Taiwan uses the Shindo scale, but it only goes up to "7". The Mercalli intensity scale goes up to "XII" (12).

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

I own several cargo containers, and they cost me $2200 each. So, yeah he's clearly making a nice profit.

Those containers work well as a workshop, BTW..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I should track down one of these "prophets" and ask them to predict this week's winning lottery numbers.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by matadoor

Yes he is...one article said he had 1000's of people wanting to buy them.

I seen somewhere online last year someone who was building houses out of the cargo containers.....they were pretty nice.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Mag14???

What's the point in running to shelters? Earth'll just fall flat out of the universe with something that strong! Lmao.

Oh well. Time shall tell.

edit on 10/5/2011 by Ayana because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by WildWorld

I'll tell you this, if a hurricane or tornado heads my way, I'm heading for one of my cargo containers. These can easily stop a bullet up to 50 caliber. But, the locks are on the OUTSIDE, so that MIGHT cause some issues.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
And in related bizzaro news -

Taipei - A Taiwan man allegedly committed suicide because he worried the world was coming to an end after a self-proclaimed prophet warned of the pending apocalypse, a newspaper said on Friday.

www.monstersandcritics.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
there is an unusual planetary alignment happening right now and tomorrow, and there's been alot of earthquake activity today, way more than usual.

but other than that...i'm skeptical. i'm not sure what he told those people before to get them to believe him, but i'm very curious. regretfully if any of it is posted online, its probably not in english. mag 14 seems a bit extreme, and if hes making money off of this, then it definitely is b.s. with the precise time given down to the second being an attempt to add credence to his folly.

if hes right. well ****. atleast i just bought a few cigars. cheers to the end!

i think i'd rather someone divide by zero than go through with a m14.

edit on 10-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We have about an hour to go guys. Hold on to your seats!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

A confluence of distinct prophecies from opposite sides of the globe are all predicting that the world will be struck by unprecedented disasters in May 2011. In Taiwan, a prophet known as “Teacher Wang,” is warning followers that a super earthquake of magnitude 14 on the Richter scale will strike Taiwan at 10:42:37 on May 11. According to Wang this super quake will be followed 6 days later by a tsunami that may generate a wave as high as 170 m. His prophecy has caused panic and many people are building paper box houses to live in on earthquake day.

Four Separate Prophecies May 2011

So many end-of-the-world prophecies, so little time (left).

It's going to be humorous to see which ones, probably all, end up being wrong. Not so humorous if one of them ends up being correct, but I'm doubting it.

A 14-Magnitude Earthquake? I don't think anyone can even begin to consider how much power that is. And people are buying "paper box" houses for shelter?

And why 6 days later for the tsunami? Am I missing something?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
isn't it already tomorrow in taiwan?
i have family there so i will wait for this

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SophyC76

i purposely woke up for this. if it does happen, i'm gettin out of dodge. a little more than 20 minutes left. if it did happen, i wonder how long it would take for us to feel it? or atleast find out about it?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Kind of stupid for him to do this, since all those people he sold containers to are going to come looking for him...and their money.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Eight minutes to go.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
is Taiwan still there? I don't have access to TV, so any reports from Taiwan would be helpful.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldryck

Annnnd... another "prophecy" unfulfilled.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
that's why he was a "self-proclaimed" prophet
not a world-wide renounced prophet-- if these exist
good news though

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i hope the people he sold those shelters to kill him. it seems it was only for money, and someone actually killed themselves to avoid the earthquake. its only fair.
edit on 10-5-2011 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Just in case, for reference, earthquake map centered on Taiwan.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join