It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'll probably run down the street screaming "Why did I become atheist ?! Why lord, why ?" then I'll have a mental breakdown and dance naked in the streets, then I'll die of shock.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

TextIf we are doomed to eternal fire for questioning some pretty far fetched stories told more than two thousand years ago and twisted beyond recognition by human foibles, then the system is insane and I want to lodge a complaint.

The reason you think you need to lodge a complaint is the reason we need salvation. We live in a fallen world and we all need to lodge a complaint about that. God did lodge a complaint on our behalf by sending his son to condemn sinful flesh for all who believe.

Does that make us Christlike? Well, no it doesn't, as only one was sinless perfection and no Christian can claim that. However, it does make us free to believe and hope and grow in some ways we hadn't been able to before. One important change is it makes us free to believe and that's very important to God and a requirement to get us into heaven and out of this messed up world of human foibles and insanity.

And the Bible calls that SIN. Think about it this way: you are not free to believe the truth about Christ in your sinful messed up foibled insane condition!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Here's my take on this daft story.

The Templar's have already stated the Christ will be returning on May 21st.

First of all the Templar's are Illuminati stooges. In turn they were named the Babylonian Brotherhood a long time ago. The Babylonian Brotherhood created religion to control the masses. And where did they get the idea from? Paganism. Paganism is worship of the Sun, Moon and Stars. So the BB come along and borrow Paganism. But of course they personify it with people and animal figures. Jesus is a symbolic name for a certain star.

So when they have said 'Christ will return on May 21st and all can see his return from heaven through the clouds' what they were actually saying is there is a Star and or Comet coming on May 21st.!!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
If this is Christ then im the Virgin Mary. I agree it is daft.

Originally posted by stevcolx
Here's my take on this daft story.

The Templar's have already stated the Christ will be returning on May 21st.

First of all the Templar's are Illuminati stooges. In turn they were named the Babylonian Brotherhood a long time ago. The Babylonian Brotherhood created religion to control the masses. And where did they get the idea from? Paganism. Paganism is worship of the Sun, Moon and Stars. So the BB come along and borrow Paganism. But of course they personify it with people and animal figures. Jesus is a symbolic name for a certain star.

So when they have said 'Christ will return on May 21st and all can see his return from heaven through the clouds' what they were actually saying is there is a Star and or Comet coming on May 21st.!!!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by awareness10

I agree Mary......lol

I've been reading about this May 21st coming of Christ and other stories are it could be the coming of the Anti-Christ or Judgement Day.

If it is the latter then war would make sense. Like they always talk about in the Terminator movies 'Judgement Day' is Nuclear War.

What if 21st of May is the plummeting of a large Comet down to Earth or the start of World War 3. A Nuclear War!!

The story about Albert Pike and the Three World Wars would make more sense in this case.

Three World Wars

There's no way in hell (Excuse the pun) it's Jesus coming because as a man he never existed. There are only 2 possibilities I can see. A destructive comet or the start of World War 3.

YIKES!!!

Hope to hell I'm wrong!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
For the bold claims that Jesus did not exist:
Tekton site
Christian Thinktank site

Both examine extra-Biblical sources.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
reply to post by UcDat

Islam teaches that ANYONE who believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God must be killed. To convert to Islam, you must DENY Christ. You sure you want to go there?

Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joedelicious

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
reply to post by UcDat

Islam teaches that ANYONE who believes Jesus Christ is the Son of God must be killed. To convert to Islam, you must DENY Christ. You sure you want to go there?

Islam recognizes Jesus as a prophet

That's very true. Muslim's believe he was a prophet.

As per the person you were answering to UcDat.

Islam does not say anyone who believes Jesus is the son of God must be killed. That's utter rubbish and something an extremist would say.

The fact of the matter is, Jesus is actually the personification of a star. Plain and simple!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by therealme
Jesus was born in September of 3BC. 09/11/03 BC to be exact. And who gave you the information that Jesus doesn't exist? The Bible clearly says he does. So where are you getting your info on this?

the bible isn't a reliable source cuz it's a story

Well, Jesus said, even if someone were to return from the dead they wouldn't believe. That is because faith is a gift of God and His grace is what it takes to get you to say Christ is Lord. I didn't believe at one point in my life, but God's grace opened my ears one day and now I'm a new person with a new nature just like the Bible talks about...an amazingly true word

because the men who wrote the story had to cover their track on when he does show himself there won't people to believe them

thats the same as "god has a plan if it didn't go your way"

edit on 15-5-2011 by simonsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The chances of that happening are about equivalant to pigs suddenly learning how to fly...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

"Skeptical historians" don't claim anything with certainty, one way or another. It is non-scientific to make absolute claims based on incomplete knowledge.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaberTruth
For the bold claims that Jesus did not exist:
Tekton site
Christian Thinktank site

Both examine extra-Biblical sources.

giving links that christians wrote up is like me giving you a link to this
Why Won't God Heal Amputees

the number one response i always here about this question on the amputees

"God has a plan"

I did a little digging on this Josephus that I saw on tekton site
and i quickly found this paragraph from another website

The problem with the copies of Antiquities is that they appear to have been rewritten in favor of Jesus and some say too favorable to have been written by a Jew. Add to this that the Christians were the ones who kept and made the copies of the Josephus documents throughout history and you have a shadow of doubt cast upon the quotes.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by simonsayz
giving links that christians wrote up is like me giving you a link to this

As I said, "Both examine extra-Biblical sources." They are scholarly sites.

I did a little digging on this Josephus that I saw on tekton site
and i quickly found this paragraph from another website

Do read the articles I linked to; they give counter-arguments to such "other sites". At the very least, there is significant evidence in support of the existence of Jesus, in contrast to the baseless assertion I was responding to.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

It is non-scientific to make absolute claims based on incomplete knowledge.

Why is it so common here in regards to Jesus not existing?

Especially considering there are multiple accounts from several eye-witnesses to His life, death, and resurrection, which included His own half-brothers James and Jude?

I smell "AGENDA".
edit on 15-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by simonsayz

the bible isn't a reliable source cuz it's a story

And you say it's just a story because you don't know the truthfulness of the story; and you don't know the truthfulness of the story because it's locked for unbelievers.

It's only open to the eyes and ears of faith. When you put aside your own ideas for a minute and give faith a chance then it will open up to you too. If you believe he is who he says he is you will put his words into practice. Then the truth will set you free to understand the things of God. All it takes is a slight adjustment to accept it for what it says it is.

because the men who wrote the story had to cover their track on when he does show himself there won't people to believe them

Well, if you say he will show then I rest my case

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Do read the articles I linked to; they give counter-arguments to such "other sites". At the very least, there is significant evidence in support of the existence of Jesus, in contrast to the baseless assertion I was responding to.

sorry but there is no significant evidence to support the existence of Jesus.

where are his bones? let me guess, when he went to heaven his flesh and bones went there too
so this would be the excuse of not having proof

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

It is non-scientific to make absolute claims based on incomplete knowledge.

Why is it so common here in regards to Jesus not existing?

Especially considering there are multiple accounts from several eye-witnesses to His life, death, and resurrection, which included His own half-brothers James and Jude?

how about you stop spitting out names from the bible to claim as eye-witnesses?

thats the same as me saying superman exist because lois lane was his girlfriend/wife, pete ross was his best friend, jonathan and martha kent were his adopted parents and his greatest enemy was Lex Luthor

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by therealme

actually i do know where the story originated from
there is a whole documentary on it and explaining the details of the things that happened
i said it earlier in my other post that it is based on astrology

i know you and every other christian wants to believe that heaven exists because you are really scared of dying and scared that there isn't anything after that

do you know why atheist/agnostic love debating with christians? because christians are always trying to convert others to their religion and that's what drives atheists to continue to do what they do

and back to this OP's question, it won't happen because I've seen people screaming like crazy people on the streets about judgement day for the pass X amount of years
they always have a new date for it and it never happens...

next time im gonna grab that piece of paper and when May 22nd comes, im gonna shove that same piece of paper that they handed out about judgement day on May 21st in their face and ask for an explanation

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brainiac
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The chances of that happening are about equivalant to pigs suddenly learning how to fly...

No reason not to post in this thread.

THE GREAT TEACHER DID RETURN.
HE DID GIVE THE WORLD THE NEW GREAT TEACHING.
I SAW HIM PERSONALLY AND EXPERIENCED HIS SPIRIT BLESSING,(SHAKTIPAT).
HE WAS LOVE AND INFINITY INCARNATE.
HE WAS NOT LACKING.
HE WAS NOT AN OTHER.
THERE IS ONLY GOD.

You missed him then and you will miss him again.
You worship yourself.
Thus you all are blind to truth.

So be it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by therealme

im happy the way i am...i am open minded - give me proof and i shall believe

and again all christians know how to respond to the very last thing when none can be said anymore is "have faith"
you weren't the first and you won't be the last to say that

instead of telling me to have "faith" which requires no thinking
how about you start thinking and stop depending on faith?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by simonsayz

how about you stop spitting out names from the bible to claim as eye-witnesses?

thats the same as me saying superman exist because lois lane was his girlfriend/wife, pete ross was his best friend, jonathan and martha kent were his adopted parents and his greatest enemy was Lex Luthor

ABSURD! None of those characters were historical people. Moot point. Hostile contemporary sources don't even deny these were historical people. Only raging fool would have the audacity to claim these people were non-existent.

Hell, the Jews of Jesus's day do not deny He existed.

edit on 16-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join