It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if on May 21st, 2011, "Christ" does "return"?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by awareness10
reply to post by AQuestion

Ah you mean like you i'm assuming? I'd actually word it differently however..

You: I'm right you're wrong so there pffftttttt. Jesus said so and so did the guys
who invented him!

Me: Um ok whatever it takes to make your creepy religious ego go away, i agree.

Dear awareness,

No you don't get it, believe what you want, Creepy, hmmm, you wish to restrict what others believe by belitelling us, what a nice person you are. Hey, believe what you want, why do you need to tell people who believe there may be a God that we are creepy? How bout trying to not be a jerk, even atheists can do that. But apparently you can't. I won't tell other athesists that thy are responsible for you. Have a great night.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Good Night O'Self Righteous One
Hugs to you too

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

TextThis may not be a popular reply, or excepted well...there is no Jesus Christ. He is opposite of what his Father said...I'll take my chances that I'm wrong. I have a hard enough time believing in a god, let alone the "son" who contradicted everything his "Heavenly Father" said.

This is not what the Bible says, however. It says Jesus came to "fulfill" the law for all who believe. The law couldn't save anyone anyway as it was there to reveal transgressions. It was always God who saved and it was His mercy and grace ever since the fall of man. God is a God of justice and mercy on whom he will show his favor.

TextChristians celebrate Christmas (look up the origins). They celebrate Easter (again, look up the origins)..Good Friday-repeat...Your Bible you mis-read. If you want to follow the "Bible"..do what it is says. The Bible says "god does not change"..yet after the New Testament, he Changed. WTH? How god can change in the middle of the "book" from one thing to another...doesn't any one question that?

We "celebrate" the birth of Christ. It is a tradition not the exact date that is important. Jesus was probably born on Rosh Hashanah, but only biblical scholars would have this figured out. The important thing is not when we celebrate his birth but his finished work on the cross.

All gods word (that does not change) was changed by the son??? So all of a sudden he changed the goal posts? Are you serious?

Well, again David says in the OT "how blessed is the one whose sins are forgiven apart from the works of the law." Romans, chapter 9 reflects an OT thought in saying it doesn't depend on the man who wills or runs but on God who shows mercy on whom he will. In other words, the OT is explained by the NT. It was hidden in mystery until the promised "seed" came.

TextTo me Christianity is the biggest lie there is. They are the ones who "follow" yet will the be the ones cast into the lake of fire (if there is one). They are following the son, with out understanding, and think they are on the right path...I think NOT!

The right path is to trust that Jesus is who is says he is as He is coming back to judge the living and the dead. All authority has been given to him and he will accomplish this the same way he accomplished our salvation by dying on a cross for our sins. But this time he won't be coming back to be spat on and nailed to a cross; this time he will be coming in power and glory and great judgment on a fallen world that refuses to acknowledge their need for a savior.

Think about it...can you live up to the 10 commandments of the OT even for 5 minutes? How can you love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind and strength for even 5 minutes? That is why you need salvation. Only one could live the law perfectly, and he died for your sins, and my sins.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Christ, I have no idea what that title even means. The people who claim to follow his teachings mostly don't, and the ones who discount the possibility of him existing act all "christlike."

If we are doomed to eternal fire for questioning some pretty far fetched stories told more than two thousand years ago and twisted beyond recognition by human foibles, then the system is insane and I want to lodge a complaint.

If the slyer, wiser portions of holy books are true, then why are the stupid, mean parts included, too?

Either way, the simple core of Christianity's teachings are pretty self evidently good for humans if they want to self educate and get along, but the accessories are trouble. Just like most of the other religions.

If Christ came back I'd be asking if he ever was here in the first place and gently suggest he leave so we can grow up without relying on a father figure who's absentee.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
My father became a bornagain christian when I was around the age of twelve.
He often spoke of the revalations and rapture that was going to come.
When I was about 15 I officially admitted to my family I did not have faith in the catholic or christian beliefs.
Although I stepped off the wagon, my brother kept on for a few years.
I remember we were walking to the store one day and some how god came up.
He brought up the rapture.
I told him simply.

"Honestly, I would love for that to happen. So long as I died knowing their was a reason for all this."

I have never seen such a trivial, yet fearful, look on someones face.
I found the situation amusing as he as the believer was scared- where as I the opposer welcomed the notion.
We all die, it has to happen at one point.
If we happen to be the suckers that witness christ reign hell from the skies.
I am honored that I was on the list of those who would witness and experience the rapture,
edit on 14-5-2011 by tribaltrip because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by simonsayz
reply to post by leejohnbarnes

im having a hard time grasping on your view...
do you believe in God or no?

cuz your last post asking what event and such...you are taking his context to literal or maybe you're just responding in a sarcastic way?

The god of The Old Testament, Yahweh / Jehovah was called a demon by the Jesus Christ of the Gnostic Gospels.

So Christians and Jews are devil worshippers according to Jesus Christ.

The God of the Gnostic Jesus Christ was called The Pleroma.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoanahLee

Originally posted by curious7

im having a hard time grasping on your view...
do you believe in God or no?

cuz your last post asking what event and such...you are taking his context to literal or maybe you're just responding in a sarcastic way?

I think it was the "one off events a bazillion years ago". Even I'm confused by that and I'm an agnostic.

The Jesus Christ story was based on an old Greek fable, that's the only thing I can recall right now but the rest of the Bible stories.....which ones were based on real events now?

The whole Bible is true. It is not only historical, and even at times poetic, but it is also prophetic.

It predicts the future. We can trust what it says about the past, because we have seen so many prophesies come true to the "T"

The Jesus "story" is the most historically validated account on the planet. The entire Bible is credible. Not only is it internally consistent, it is externally verified, by secular historians as well as archeological evidence.

Jesus really died for you and then rose again. Believe on Him and you will be saved. Get a Bible and read it. Pray and ask Him to forgive you and save you.

The Bible is as prophetic as the Readers Digest.

Both are man made books not validated or authenticated by God or Jesus,

As are all other man made and man written books - the Torah and Talmud / Koran et etc
edit on 14-5-2011 by leejohnbarnes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by therealme
We "celebrate" the birth of Christ. It is a tradition not the exact date that is important. Jesus was probably born on Rosh Hashanah, but only biblical scholars would have this figured out. The important thing is not when we celebrate his birth but his finished work on the cross.

No, it just became a tradition. The date SHOULD BE IMPORTANT.
Let me ask you. if you were born in January and your friends and family celebrated your birthday in October, how would you feel?
I might be wrong, but I remember doing some research and Jesus was suppose to be born in June/July?
but even the date of his birth shouldn't matter cuz he simply did not exist

Christians love to make other stuff up to cover up the mistakes of the story. I personally debated with a bunch and that's what happened so I am not just saying it.

And back to the OP,

If i died and saw God, my exact words would be like this "God, you simply didn't provide enough proof/evidence to believe in you"

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

thanks i gotcha. I say the same thing to christians, but they don't care. As long as the damn book doesn't have any authors...to them it's not written by man/men, but the bible just suddenly appeared because of the "words" that came out of God's mouth

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by simonsayz

but even the date of his birth shouldn't matter cuz he simply did not exist

Are you high? Even highly skeptical historians do not deny that Jesus was a man and was crucified 2,000 years ago. They deny His miracles and resurrection, but don't dare claim He didn't exist.

That's gotta be the most ignorant post I've seen in quite some time.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

but the bible just suddenly appeared because of the "words" that came out of God's mouth

Can you show the citation for this idea? No you cannot, it's a straw man argument.

And a poor one at that.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The god of The Old Testament, Yahweh / Jehovah was called a demon by the Jesus Christ of the Gnostic Gospels.

LOL, good luck with that.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by SonicInfinity

What if christ does return???
I will first ask him for proof that he is who he claims to be, probably a LONG FORM REAL BIRTH CERTIFICATE would be a good start.

Ha ha you had me in stitches right there

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

LOL, good luck with that.

Sorry mate - its not my opinion - it was Jesus's ;

en.wikipedia.org...

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

where is the proof that he existed? there isn't any.

there isn't even a slightest physical evidence to support that Jesus existed.
No artifacts or self-written manuscripts. All these "historians" are claims are all writing from the books

Jesus never existed and crucified again...stop looking at the story so literal...it is a story based on astrology

people back then had only stories as entertainment

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by simonsayz

No, it just became a tradition. The date SHOULD BE IMPORTANT.

Actually, I was born in January. I wouldn't mind a bit to celebrate in October, which is a better month for a birthday than just after Christmas and New Year's celebrations when the weather is terrible and no one cares about buying more presents, or eating more sugar. They're all on a cleans by then.

I might be wrong, but I remember doing some research and Jesus was suppose to be born in June/July?

Jesus was born in September of 3BC. 09/11/03 BC to be exact. And who gave you the information that Jesus doesn't exist? The Bible clearly says he does. So where are you getting your info on this?

Christians love to make other stuff up to cover up the mistakes of the story. I personally debated with a bunch and that's what happened so I am not just saying it.

They're a lot of Christians who don't really study their Bibles like they should and I suppose that might make them stoop to making something up. They may know in their heart something is true but just haven't studied enought to verbalize what they know to be true and develop their biblical arguments.

In addition, there are so-called Christians in the church who aren't followers of Christ and who don't understand the Bible for that reason. I'm not sure who you were debating on this, but their lousy arguments don't relieve you from needing salvation.

If i died and saw God, my exact words would be like this "God, you simply didn't provide enough proof/evidence to believe in you"

Well, Jesus said, even if someone were to return from the dead they wouldn't believe. That is because faith is a gift of God and His grace is what it takes to get you to say Christ is Lord. I didn't believe at one point in my life, but God's grace opened my ears one day and now I'm a new person with a new nature just like the Bible talks about...an amazingly true word.
edit on 14-5-2011 by therealme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No artifacts or self-written manuscripts. All these "historians" are claims are all writing from the books

Jesus never existed and crucified again...stop looking at the story so literal...it is a story based on astrology

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time on the internet. Perhaps you missed my post earlier, not even SKEPTICAL historians will claim that Jesus did not exist. They deny His divinity and miracles, but they'd get laughed out of the room if they claimed the man didn't exist.

There is more contemporary historical evidence of Jesus's existence than there exists contemporary historical evidence for Alexander the Great. The first works to be written about Alexander date to 400 years after his death.

edit on 14-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in quite some time on the internet. Perhaps you missed my post earlier, not even SKEPTICAL historians will claim that Jesus did not exist. They deny His divinity and miracles, but they'd get laughed out of the room if they claimed the man didn't exist.

There is more contemporary historical evidence of Jesus's existence than there exists contemporary historical evidence for Alexander the Great. The first works to be written about Alexander date to 400 years after his death.

edit on 14-5-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

Howdy, do you have any links to show the evidence? I'm not saying you are wrong, i would just like to see it. I'm not really big on the god thing, i don't really know where to look, so if you could help me out I would appreciate it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by GringoViejo
Howdy, do you have any links to show the evidence? I'm not saying you are wrong, i would just like to see it. I'm not really big on the god thing, i don't really know where to look, so if you could help me out I would appreciate it.

I'd like to see it too.

And a list of historians who support the existence of Jesus.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join