It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The internet is our last hope, Mainstream media has failed us.

page: 1
103
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:
+80 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Back in the "good o'l days" If something was amiss, you always had the recourse of threatening to release the information you had to the media. Those days are obviously over.

What we have now is a pick your political pony and receive highly edited brainwashing from the party of your choice. Good luck if your on the left side, you have more government controlled choices! MSNBC, CNN, WSJ, etc. If your a republican you can surely count on Fox News!

The media in our country has gone the way of the government patriot, they are controlled by the majority of there party which are controlled by corporate lobbyists. If you watch your news on TV you don't even get a fraction of the truth!

I talk to so many people every day that have no idea of the world around them beyond the BS they here on CNN or FOX that I want to start slapping people, we are literally one step away from having the same main stream news sources as North Korea, and the fact that Americans don't know this is very disturbing.

Corporations control the government and NOW they also control the media, they are no longer our friend and in fact, are part of the problem that now infests this country, wake up and ingest real media and reject the blatant propaganda put forth by the MSM machine.



+3 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I totally agree, but sadly the general pop is still asleep and believe all they're spoon-fed... Then you get alternative news sites that crop up on the internet and they are ridiculed.


+11 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Why do you think you can turn on Fox news and hear NOTHING about Fukushima, nothing about the recent nuclear accident here in the states, nothing about record devastation in the way of floods, tornadoes and storms in the U.S. and hear nothing about rising tensions with superpowers around the globe.

You know what we hear? How patriotic and brave the Seal team is that "stormed" the compound, how it is time for us to embrace together this great nation that fights terror at any cost, even at the cost of our freedoms.

Make the masses embrace control with the cheering and cheerleading of the masses, let liberty die to the sound of cheers from the people, this and this exactly is what the media has been HIRED to do by the rich and you better fing realize it fast.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)


+2 more 
posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Can I get an AMEN to your post! BOY have you nailed it. The MSM is a joke. People that call it the "liberal" MSM are fools. The Media has it's own agenda, and it isn't our best interest. They control everything we see and hear. And we are the useful idiots that nod and drool at the latest stupidity they send our way.

I haven't watched "news entertainment" in many a year. I read, I'll watch clips sometimes, but I will never watch any of their crap. The biggest useful idiots are those that follow Faux News ... but the other News Agencies are also loaded with idiocy



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
Why do you think you can turn on Fox news and hear NOTHING about Fukushima, nothing about the recent nuclear accident here in the states, nothing about record devastation in the way of floods, tornadoes and storms in the U.S. and hear nothing about rising tensions with superpowers around the globe.

You know what we hear? How patriotic and brave the Seal team is that "stormed" the compound, how it is time for us to embrace together this great nation that fights terror at any cost, even at the cost of our freedoms.

Make the masses embrace control with the cheering and cheerleading of the masses, let liberty die to the sound of cheers from the people, this and this exactly is what the media has been HIRED to do by the rich and you better fing realize it fast.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)


This is why I like ATS. Some people here see our government for what it really is. I am glad to know there are still people who care to seek the real truth.

edit on 8-5-2011 by Mapkar because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
Can I get an AMEN to your post! BOY have you nailed it. The MSM is a joke. People that call it the "liberal" MSM are fools. The Media has it's own agenda, and it isn't our best interest. They control everything we see and hear. And we are the useful idiots that nod and drool at the latest stupidity they send our way.

I haven't watched "news entertainment" in many a year. I read, I'll watch clips sometimes, but I will never watch any of their crap. The biggest useful idiots are those that follow Faux News ... but the other News Agencies are also loaded with idiocy


The thing that is really really scary is that as I am a bartender I'm sort of like a very unofficial American poll and you would be totally shocked how many sheep regurgitate things they heard on the daily MSM channels.

Too consumed with there insignificant jobs and there annoying spouses, they wish to dissent but they are driven like rats though a maze, they wouldn't know who the enemy was if they came up and bit them in the ass.

This has been a long running game that the government is obviously now winning. Hosing the public pretty much now in the open because there are far too many people who are brainwashed.

I don't know what to do about this as 8 of 10 people I talk too either believe everything fox says or everything CNN says, they consider it as absolute truth. Once the government has the MSM on there side and working towards the same cause we are ALL under the gun.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I know so many people who still rely on the old boy network of news and information. Even though their "batting average" is pretty darn near zero they still take the stories originating from these sources as gospel.

Like pretty much everyone on this site, I rely on alternative news sites for my information. Since I've been doing this, I'm amazed at how much more accurate and ahead of the curve they are as opposed to the MSM.

Anyone else remember when the alternative media sites screamed about how Iraq having WMDs was dubious at best? Or how they predicted the D.C. Madam was going to be found dead and would be ruled a suicide? Or how they screamed about the coming economic collapse, when the MSM was stating everything is looking fine and dandy?

Still, you recite a story from an alternative news site and you can bet someone will say "that's not what Katie Couric said, so you MUST be wrong".

Uh-huh! Depressing!



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
yep couldnt agree more whats worst is the media spews government propaganda non stop

bad time to be a sheeple tho they are driving more of them to places like this every day. I guess we're just waiting for them to shut us down before we panic.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling
 


It is of the utmost importance to remember that if you reject the MSM sources you use good judgment on your alternate news sources as well, because as much as the MSM abuses your intelligence, some of the others would seek to abuse you as well.

Common sense in this day and age, is imperative and must be used when you read, see, listen to anything. We have 3 wars going on, a cold war starting with China and Russia, Israel possibly gearing for a strike on Iran, the Iranian president missing for a week and all sorts of other crap but the only thing I have seen in MSM is Bin Laden.....

GIVE ME A BREAK AND REPORT NEWS NOT FING PROPAGANDA! They may as well rent planes and start dropping leaflets over cities....... Yes, it really is that bad.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
IMO - CNN is the worst offender.
They barely try to disguise their propaganda pieces - especially the financial section.
I've repeatedly seen times where they'll blatantly provide misinformation or omit inconvenient but important details in stories.
The fact that you can't comment on any of the articles in the money section is bullsh*t too - there have been so many times I've wanted to call them out on a misleading story.
Also their writing blows...they really need to hire some proof readers.
And what the hell is it with CNN & Apple - every time I look at the tech section I see at least 2 Apple related stories.
You'd think they were banging each other or something...



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
IMO - CNN is the worst offender.
They barely try to disguise their propaganda pieces - especially the financial section.
I've repeatedly seen times where they'll blatantly provide misinformation or omit inconvenient but important details in stories.
The fact that you can't comment on any of the articles in the money section is bullsh*t too - there have been so many times I've wanted to call them out on a misleading story.
Also their writing blows...they really need to hire some proof readers.
And what the hell is it with CNN & Apple - every time I look at the tech section I see at least 2 Apple related stories.
You'd think they were banging each other or something...


You are very correct, I very closely followed FOX, CNN and FOX are the most guilty of the propaganda and financially driven by there corporate masters and political affiliates that profit from those same corporate affiliations.

Any time you are not afforded your right to free speech on an article you must question the merit of that article. It obviously wasn't put there for debate but was put there for the sole reason to brainwash.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I'm really suprized people trust these alternative news sources. How do you all decide that they are trust worthy? is it because they give you what you want to here therefore makeing you just as asleep as those people that get there news from the mainstream?



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848
 


I liked the video and it's a good watch! That being said, this has gone beyond the scope of this video, I would suggest that the government is now using the MSM as there biggest weapon in control of the public.

The scary thing is it may be the most effective because most people who may not be on board with the government at hand will blindly believe the media they think best reflects there view of society.

These same people are too asleep, too tired, too busy to understand the only thing they really trust is so easily infiltrated through money. They refuse to see any kind of big picture because a major news source couldn't be swayed by money right?



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint
 


I never take a story at face value...
If it's important enough I have at least eight or nine different sources for my news.
They cover all spectrums from MSM to the fringe and I've figured out that though they are indeed different from each other there is BS that needs to be waded through on both sides.
All I can tell people is that they need to use what the good Lord gave them to decide what to believe and more importantly WHY.
edit on 8-5-2011 by coldkidc because: Dropped S



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
I'm really suprized people trust these alternative news sources. How do you all decide that they are trust worthy? is it because they give you what you want to here therefore makeing you just as asleep as those people that get there news from the mainstream?


You need to use some judgment I tend to follow a lot of the bigger ones that do quality stuff like blacklisted news RT news the real news network and of course I pick through sites like this as well as keep an eye on the mainstream news from all over...



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat

Originally posted by Doublemint
I'm really suprized people trust these alternative news sources. How do you all decide that they are trust worthy? is it because they give you what you want to here therefore makeing you just as asleep as those people that get there news from the mainstream?


You need to use some judgment I tend to follow a lot of the bigger ones that do quality stuff like blacklisted news RT news the real news network and of course I pick through sites like this as well as keep an eye on the mainstream news from all over...


The biggest danger and what the are banking on is that we all cling to crazy conspiracy theory's so they can just label us loons, we need take everything with a big grain of salt and realize who we are fighting against and use our heads.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat

You need to use some judgment I tend to follow a lot of the bigger ones that do quality stuff like blacklisted news RT news the real news network and of course I pick through sites like this as well as keep an eye on the mainstream news from all over...


But at the end of the day your just taking a differnt persons word for it. 1. there is only so much info you can get about any one thing that the news report, you probally never get the full story. 2. I can only think and analyze something so long before I become bored with it. not saying you are the same.



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Aww, come on... Remember the Vietnam war?
The military were sitting in news offices censoring what could be said to the general pop.
They're doing it in China, in Russia, and in other countries..
You don't think they'd do it in America or Canada??

Canadian Military Censorship Hiding In Plain Sight

The Canadian military's management and censorship of the news media in Afghanistan is the proverbial elephant in the room that few Canadians talk about, but should. No where is the military’s news management more apparent than in an article in the Summer Edition of the Canadian Military Journal entitled “Reporting Live From Kandahar” (available on line). It demonstrates the highly-sophisticated degree to which Canadian Forces public affairs officers study the successes and failures of the Forces’ news media embedding program in Afghanistan with the express purpose of better managing the war news in the future.


Top 25 Censored News Stories of 2010 , here are the top 3


#1. Global Plans to Replace the Dollar
#2. US Department of Defense is the Worst Polluter on the Planet
#3. Internet Privacy and Personal Access at Risk


Honestly, "spin-doctoring", damage control, public relations, marketing... call it what you will but when the truth is slanted or suppressed, it is NOT the truth



posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I need sleep but Im gonna do some more digging and think on things alot and Ill be back tomorrow to respond and interject if this thread is still alive which I really hope it will be because it is what is throwing the average American under the bus.



new topics

top topics



 
103
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join