It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The internet is our last hope, Mainstream media has failed us.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
You are RIGHT, 100% correct, in fact. BUT, the alternative news sites usually get taken over by "conspiracy theory" , which is good until EVERYTHING THEY REPORT is CONSPRACY. I am convinced that the govt has propangandists in those sites to take away their credibility. Just how do you win ? It's tough.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexMustReturn
You are RIGHT, 100% correct, in fact. BUT, the alternative news sites usually get taken over by "conspiracy theory" , which is good until EVERYTHING THEY REPORT is CONSPRACY. I am convinced that the govt has propangandists in those sites to take away their credibility. Just how do you win ? It's tough.

You're right of course but it's easier to sort out the source and decipher thru the content to find the truth when you have multiple sources of Alternative News.

When you have 27 MSM stations reporting the same and their sites mirroring the reports, there is no room to read between the lines.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The MSM is the Murderer's' Spin Machine, nothing more.

Those who work in the MSM and continue to pedal the lies and spin and participate in the censorship and cover-ups, are guilty of the most heinous betrayal of the people. Either here or in the hereafter, they will answer for this terrible betrayal.

They must also be incredibly dumb if they think they will be spared by the Satanist rats if their global mass murder plans succeed.

IMO one practical thing we could do is to start making a noise, globally, about the MSM lies and deceit.

edit on 9-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The MSM is like the Roman Collumisum/Gladiators days. Keeping the common folks minds off the real problems and issues.... Rome burning around them.

Exactly how USA is heading down. IMO>

Case in Point:

Man airlifted after fight with (house) Cat: (I don't write the headlines),
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Those good old days never existed as far as i'm concerned. As long as I can remember the media has been controlled by higher powers.
A good example is what happened to the documentary conspiracy of silence.

The internet is the best thing that ever happened to us. Free information.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

This post I agree with. The media and government are in bed together. It doesn't matter if it's republican or democrat or other. They are all in bed together doing the elite's work.

With that being said...

This is why I'm so critical of the over the top conspiracies. Sometimes they are not but once proven its a hoax then we must move on to real conspiracies. Just like everything else in this world it will take the people to uncover real conspiracies. The only real conspiracy I believe to be a conspiracy is who actually runs everything on this planet. There is a group of people that run everything. Call them illuminati, aliens, watchers or whatever. Some group of people are controlling everything on this planet. And when we figure that out then everything else will fall into place.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

You know what we hear? How patriotic and brave the Seal team is that "stormed" the compound, how it is time for us to embrace together this great nation that fights terror at any cost, even at the cost of our freedoms.

You are so right and I have the same concerns with our media and more importantly the sheeple that they indoctrinate.They show us what they want us to see, from the perspective that they want us to see it from, and completely hide and or marginalize real stories.. Just this weekend, I was sharing some non-mainstream perspectives on the OBL stuff with my folks and they said to me, almost in unison, "if that were true, you would see it on the news". It just goes to show how people of their generation still trust the news and still see it the way it used to be.. You know, getting to the bottom of a story, not leaving a single stone unturned..

Now we have news agencies with adjendas and directives.. Leaning toward one of the two sides and only reporting on sensationalist garbage. People need to wake up.. turn off their TVs and start demanding reality.. this is disturbing on the most basic level and nobody seems to give a rats ass.

Great post, S&F.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

it is not my last hope . it is the best mean to get information for me.

I think the best way to show your idea is to find some thing else to get what you want from MSM. then MSM is automatically substituted. you can offer this act to your friends and discus them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The wonderful thing about the internet is that at least we have the option to answer and/or give our opinion about the current news being broadcast.

It is not just a one way streak anymore, but a means for people to decipher the truth for themselves and speak with others of like mind.

The internet is a good thing, but in moderation.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
i agree that the internet is a great tool to help us learn but it's also TPTB greatest weapon. They know what every single one of us is looking at. They know everything about us. Thank you Facebook and Google. Oh and one more shout out for cell phones. Do you know how easy they are to hack and control them remotely? Anyone can hack it and remotely turn on your microphone and know everything your saying. Scary world we're living in.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
reply to post by Hessling

It is of the utmost importance to remember that if you reject the MSM sources you use good judgment on your alternate news sources as well, because as much as the MSM abuses your intelligence, some of the others would seek to abuse you as well.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Here is a perfect example:

As reported by News One, for "Black America." Visible in its complete form at:

newsone.com...[/url]

FORT CAMPBELL, Ky. — A grateful President Obama yesterday shook the hand of the Navy SEAL who shot and killed terror nemesis Osama bin Laden. At Fort Campbell, one of the nation’s largest military bases, Obama met privately yesterday with members of the assault force that carried out the mission to get bin Laden, thanking each one individually for their “heroic and selfless service” to the country. Obama then awarded the SEAL teams the “Presidential Unit Citation” — the highest honor a unit can get, in recognition of their “extraordinary service and achievement.”

How stupid do they think we are?

Maybe Im not asking the right question. Maybe I should really be asking, How stupid are we?

Anyone with a functioning pair of eyes and a smidgen of military knowledge should instantly be able to call "bull#" on this photo op. First, The gentleman the president is extending his hand to is a soldier in the US ARMY, wearing the standard Army Combat Uniform and Black Beret. The Army adopted the black beret Effective 14 June 2001. www.army.mil...

The Unit Insignia on the gentleman's right shoulder is the "screaming eagle" of the 101st Airborne. The placement of the insignia, [combat veterans are authorized permanent wear of the SSI of the unit they fought with on their right shoulder]. recognizes "former wartime service" and is frequently called a "combat patch".

"At Fort Campbell, one of the nation’s largest military bases, Obama met privately yesterday with members of the assault force that carried out the mission to get bin Laden, thanking each one individually for their “heroic and selfless service” to the country."

How private is it if there is a press photographer there? - Wait, never mind. I get confused sometimes when the propaganda machine uses the term "private" in an unabashed attempt for good "publicity" and higher "approval ratings".

The gentleman obscured from view behind the president is a Lieutenant General in the United States Marine Corps. Possibly John Allen.

As I have stated before, any public congratulation or "atta-boy" for the alleged "executors" of the "second" death of Osama Bin Laden, would violate operational security and put the "executors" at risk for retaliation. It isn't done, it is not "transparency", it would be "burning" the asset(s).

Now, maybe this is just another example of "Shoddy" Journalism, like all the "photo shopped" Reuters and UPI images that hit all the major newspapers during the gulf war(s), or the "photo shopped" Bin Laden corpse photos that went out before the announcement hit the airwaves. But then I have to consider the "photo shopped" certification of live birth and the "Illustrator" created long form birth certificate posted on the official White House web site.

Prudence dictates, that in the face of overwhelming evidence (no matter how much we wish to disbelieve) Facts are facts, motives are motives, and lies are lies.

Once, a long time ago, I was given some profound wisdom by an Army Lieutenant Colonel, who was my Senior Army Instructor in High School ROTC. I didn't like him very much, but his logic was sound.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, waddles like a duck, swims like a duck, and has webbed feet - Its probably a duck.

-Jerry Adcock

LTC, US Army, Ret.

The odds of this being a simple "alternative media" error decline sharply with every false statement. Every changed story; every counterfeit, retouched, or digitally created image released by this administration is another nail in the coffin for America.

If we keep allowing ourselves to be deceived, or allow these deceptions to continue, there wont be an America left anymore. We must hold our elected officials accountable for their actions. They are elected to serve us, not rule us.

Wake up. Rise up, and say "NO."

Otherwise, in the words of Ronald Reagan:

"One day, we will find ourselves in our sunset years, telling our children and our children's children, what it was once like in the United States... when men were free."

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

edit on 9-5-2011 by grapeian because: wrong

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Just as a suggestion, have you ever thought about the possibility that the Internet is just as biased as the MSM?

A lot easier to control and use as a tool to influence people, especially if you know how, just look at this website for example... (not meaning that in a negative manner but hopefully you get the gist of what I'm saying)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
No one sees the original post as just a rant, that slightly adheres to a majority of the mindset of the general ATS population... and nothing more? Nothing has been brought to the table except what most people already think, yet this reaches the front page of ATS?

Is this what we've resorted to? Lobbying and campaigning for something everyone already believes but that most people are scared to do anything about?

Don't give me the "The General Population is Zombified!" antic because let me explain to you... You'd have to be a literal moron, a visually impaired and/or blind, and deaf individual to not notice what's going on around you right now as a US Citizen. Gas prices are through the freaking roof. Canned meat is making a huge climb and it's supposed to be the cheapest meat you can buy. Hell even water is becoming more expensive.

Everyone sees what the hell is going on. They choose not to do anything about it because America is full of scaredy cats, confused individuals, distraction, and consequential fear, and unless you are brave enough to go campaign on the actual streets of the neigborhoods engulfed by this "disease" of a charactistic, you will do absolutely NOTHING to affect today's society.

Going absolutely crazy with PLAIN facts that EVERYONE knows on a FORUM is not going to wake anyone up who isn't already sipping on sugar-induced coffee.

You get no S+F from me. You get a nod that you understand what's going on. Now if I see you actually out on the streets with a crowd of people around you, I will personally go give you a REAL flag and a handshake (which is somewhat equivalent to a star).

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I have the feeling that even if world governments were completely exposed, most people would choose the status quo rather than assume some sort of real control over their own lives.

Until the mechanics of the system change, nothing else will.

Why not let citizens use the internet to vote on their own bills, rather than letting filthy politicians decide all the rules for us?

Citizens Legislative-Executive Party, Anyone?
We could all be Senators, Congressmen and Presidents.

edit on 9-5-2011 by DeReK DaRkLy because: appended

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I don't even watch the news anymore or the lil Bs like TMZ. I keep up with the news and society via internet, networking, God, my intuition, and my natural spiritual gifts.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

If this is the case then we are all screwed!!!

I see your point. Anyone can upload false information just as easily as accurate information and all it takes are alot of 'hits" to make it seem credible. Yes there are some "sheeple" on ATS as well but for the most part I have found Sincere honest people looking for like minded people with how to share their views.

I looks like you have been around here much longer then myself. So I am guessing you have a pretty good "BS" detector also.

Taking something on face value from any source is never recomended. We need to listen to that little voice inside of us when it tells you to watch out!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The internet is the most wonderful tool for valuable information. In fact you wont find any better. But its only for those who seek it.
Even if people know the world isn't right, they won't go out looking for answers. Too much fear, too much comfort. Hell needs to break loose first I'm afraid. And I have a strong feeling it will quite soon.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hi guys new to here and wanted to create a thread of my own but obviously rule will not allow me so not sure where to post this or if somebody with permissions has then feel free to start one anyone with an interest in numerology and sacrifices may find this interesting and curious so I will leave it with you guys who are probably more knowledgable than me in such things and it was Rik Clays wrk that probably helped me notice this

I found a headline in the gutter press last week here in the UK where 1 man supposed stabbed 3 addults and an 11 year old to death and walked away without a struggle, The gist of it is that a gentleman stabbed 4 people tO death and walked away all in one incdent. The headline 'Mr DU ON THE 11.33 TRAIN TO MASSACRE' is what caught my attention as it sounded like a cryptic clue for a crossword then throw in the 11.33 that gave it a kinda esoteric connotation.....
The gentleman travelled from coventry via birmingham to Northampton to commit this crime using trains. Whats kinda odd is that Coventry is located in between these 2 locations. Coventry to brimingham 22.3milles West, Coventry to Northampton 33.2 miles east, the report states that he left his coventry home at 10:30am and was seen waiting on a platform at birmingham at 11:22am and got on the 11:33am train to northampton, the train he got on to northampton actually goes through coventry on route and he could have got that train at 12:02 from coventry without the need to backtrack 22.3 miles and then to jump straight on to a train back in the direction he just come from, he was next filmed at northampton station at 12:35 exactly 1:13 mins after being filmed at birmingham (he had also changed coats on the train).....
The next part involved him getting a bus from northampton to wootton where the murder took place this bus arrived in wootton at 13:22.............
Finally the ages of all the victims add up to 122............

This is most probably all just strange coincidence but it is a very strange story as 1 man stabbing 3 adults and a child to death without an alarm being raised or a struggle seems quite strange too.......

here is the link

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redzareptile

Exactly my point, don't get me wrong I (like everyone else) am not blessed with an ability to determine whether someone is telling the truth or not but I'd like to think I have the ability to make a pretty good stab at it.

However, there will always be times when something is said, that no matter how unbelievable it sounds is actually the truth and vice versa.

I try to read a person's post, apply common sense to them and then make a decision on whether it sounds possible or not (+ plus their credibility from my own personal opinion)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join