It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Will Not End On May 21st Idiots

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
As a Christian I really hate to see morons that claim to be Pastors teach vile, stupid and ignorant messages. There is a moron somewhere who claims that the world will end on May 21st of this year, really? Even aethists who have heard about Revelations know that there are things that are supposed to preceed the end times and anyone who actually bothers reading the book knows that Armageddon is a battle that does not kill everyone, it is stopped. That being said, these morons claiming to be Christians clearly haven't bothered to read the bible.

The bible also says that NOBODY knows the time. Idiots who don't know their bible claim to be Christians and then jerks who are nasty aethiests use it to explain all of Christianity while distancing themselves from scum aethiests like Stalin. If you are an aethiest and you think these morons represent what real Christians believe than you are as dumb as they are. Flag this.
edit on 18-5-2011 by dbates because: Caps lock title edit

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
That doesn't sound very christian of you

2nd line

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

As a Christian, you shouldn't use words such as "hate and moron".
That makes you worse than them.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I'm a "I'll believe it when i see it" kind of guy. Goes for all of the doomsday prophecies floating around the web.

Applies to Christianity and other religions too

link   
LOok, try not to get too upset about it... if you know the Bible, you know the truth that no one can predict the day or the hour and it will come as a thief in the night.

Come May 22nd be ready to post on their facebook wall and tell them "HI" we are still here and Harold Camping is wrong.

Also, side note, does anyone think this is some sort of PSY-OP or FALSE FLAG because has anyone considered the amount of money they are spending on this media campaign with all their billboards? Its gotta me in the ten of millions at least.

link   

Listen I was told the world will end on said date.
Now with all of the other failures for the end of the world, i dunno if I could handle being lied to again.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Dear watchiburn,

Really, it doesn't sound very Christian, what should I sound like? Jesus kicked over the booths of those that used his temple as a place to sell goods. Do you think I need to be a dish towel to be a Christian, I am not, I can speak my mind and it is Christian. I will respond harsher to Christians who pervert the word than to aethiests, I care not what they think.

Perhaps you think that the morons that pretend to be preachers on television are what Christians are called to be, we are not. When they took Jesus, one of the Apostles (believed to be Peter) cut off the ear of one of the soldiers, Jesus told him that it was not the time and healed the man's ear. He did not say to be cowards or weak or milktoast or morons. He told us to have an answer for what we believed. I cannot respect those who call those themselves Christians and do not follow the word or even bother to know what it is.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
The Earth may end tomorrow. It will happen with or without us and no religion is going to tell us when. The end has been nigh ever since it began.

Enjoy life, don't believe everything your told, and don't be afraid to look into things yourself. It makes it easier to see through the B.S.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Not to nitpick but Camping says the rapture is on May 21 and the end is Oct 21. And yes his theory makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
From Wikipedia: Idiot as a word derived from the Greek ἰδιώτης, idiōtēs ("person lacking professional skill.")

This would lead most of us to conclude that you are indeed a professional in the matters for which you spew forth. So please enlighten us "idiots" as to your "professional" knowledge and insight for that which we are unable to witness or know about due to the fact that we seem to be mere peons in your eyes.......

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

'IDIOTS', "dumb as they are", 'jerks', 'morons', 'scum'...

Brotherly love?

Maybe I'm not up on my 'Christian' values but this seems like a very Un-Christian way to get your point across.

My mother is a Christian...I am not. But she never calls my opinions dumb or idiotic. At least not when she's trying to get me to look at her side of things.

It might help your cause to not insult the people you are trying to pass your message to.

Just sayin...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by savageheart

Dear savageheart,

Really, a "professional", I need someone to say I am a professional to have my opinion, how nice. Rather than read the book, we should be believed because we have a seal of approval? We could discuss what the book says, that can be verified or accept the words of "professionals", you choose for yourself, I choose to rant and this is the section for that.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So your saying taking out those massive lines of credit and spending it all on guns, booze, drugs, women and fast cars was a bad idea considering I never planned on having to pay it back due to the end of the world and all?

edit on 5/8/2011 by SpaDe_ because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Not a Christian by any means, but I have dome my homework on this ridiculous May 21st theory.

Call me crazy but doesn't the Bible say the following?

Luke 12:39-40 (NIV) "But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what hour the thief was coming, he would not have let his house be broken into. You also must be ready, because the I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you."

2 Peter 3:10 (NIV) But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything in it will be laid bare.

Revelation 3:3 (NIV) "Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you."

And so on...

I for one will subscribe to the theory that Jesus Christ did not want to ruin his prophecy by telling a preacher who has been wrong several times on when exactly he would return already.
edit on 8-5-2011 by MrKnoxx because: changed color

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by PoopDawg

Dear PoopDawg,

I neither cursed nor swore. I used words I believe were accurate, when is being accurate being non-Christian? If they do not pervert the truth then the world will end on May 21st, if it does not end on that date then they perverted the truth, calling them on that is very Christian. We are to correct our brothers and sisters in Christ.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You are the one considering those who believe as idiots. You are the one, by saying such, have self decided that you are a proper medium or professional in order to consider the rest other than what you think as idiots. You are the one who stated such, please stay on topic as to what you referred.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by STEADFast

Dear STEADfast,

I hear your words; but, I felt a need to vent. These jerks make all Christians a joke in the minds of those who refuse to see any truth. I don't think I need to thank them for spreading false words. The shepherd is held in contempt for not taking care of the sheep more than the sheepdog is at fault or even the sheep.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Dear Christians,

Thou shalt not judge others. That's what the almighty book says. Either obey your rules or don't have rules. Quit being hypocrites.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

'IDIOTS', "dumb as they are", 'jerks', 'morons', 'scum'...

Brotherly love?

Maybe I'm not up on my 'Christian' values but this seems like a very Un-Christian way to get your point across.

My mother is a Christian...I am not. But she never calls my opinions dumb or idiotic. At least not when she's trying to get me to look at her side of things.

It might help your cause to not insult the people you are trying to pass your message to.

Just sayin...

Dear jude11,

I do not correct non-believers, I correct those who claim to represent Christians when they do not. I have no cause except the truth, it is not benefitted by allowing liars and idiots to speak for us. I do not attempt to convert anyone, believe what you want. I am for free will. I will insult and I will let them know that they are perverting the word or the word gets lost in their stupidity and lies. I am more than happy to not be accepted by other Christians. Heck, if the world ends on May 21st then I am the idiot, want to make a bet that it doesn't, if not then these people are idiots and liars.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
So your saying taking out those massive lines of credit and spending it all on guns, booze, drugs, women and fast cars was a bad idea considering I never planned on having to pay it back due to the end of the world and all?

edit on 5/8/2011 by SpaDe_ because: spelling

No SpaDe,

I am saying that doing evil is just that, stealing and lying and engaging in selfish activities is wrong. Whether the world ends tomorrow or in a million years, being a jerk is being a jerk, God or not.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join