It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Will Not End On May 21st Idiots

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

While I am at it, the moron Pastor that burned the Koran and the other idiot that had a bible burning (all bibles that were not King James versions), they are jerks and perverts also. Publicity stunts by creeps that want to make a name for themselves. They should have spent their time tending to their flocks rather than attempting to make a name for themselves.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I actually agree with you AQuestion. Perhaps not point on point, but never the less, on most. Thanks.

PS Additionally. I support only everyones right to say what they will. For me? The Truth will set me and us all free.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: edit

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Yep, youre right. The world has a way to go yet...Im on the ERT Team during the next Terry Jones Rant about the Koran in June duing the Arab festival here in Dearborn Michigan. Still, Ill be in the midst with my Christian ways and Anglo features while he does his thing in case folks get rilled. But, thats why I even do these things. My community.

He may be a knucklehead...and I sure dont agree or support him...but as long as theres free speech...Ill be there to help the crowd medically speaking if things get out of control. A Christian in the middle of Moslems...listening to a false prophet.

Its great to be an American!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
See you all on the 22nd.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Dear mysterioustranger,

My prayers go out for you. Yes, free speech is important and I agree that they should be allowed to say these things as long as I can speak my part and respond to them. It is funny that some professed atheists took me to task for speaking my piece when I first posted this. I was told I was not polite enough to those who pervert the word. I was not trying to be polite on purpose, I wanted to say that these people don't represent most Christians and are teaching things that are contrary to the bible. Not semantics and not minor points, misleading people and causing them harm by their lies.

I like living in a country where you (a Christian) can help by being on the ERT. Burning anyone's holy book is deeply offensive and I woul never support it, not even "The Satanic Bible". It does not make the thoughts go away, it changes nothing except to upset others. Burning the Koran is incredibly offensive to Muslims who are not radical and want to live decent lives, just like you and I.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
See you all on the 22nd.

Dear Gazrok,

Yes you will and I will have more to say on that day. It says you are a Super Moderator, I believe that everything I have said was within the rules, if not, please correct me. I did not once use profanity and my rant was not aimed at a member. Be well.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Dear mysterioustranger,

My prayers go out for you. Yes, free speech is important and I agree that they should be allowed to say these things as long as I can speak my part and respond to them. It is funny that some professed atheists took me to task for speaking my piece when I first posted this. I was told I was not polite enough to those who pervert the word. I was not trying to be polite on purpose, I wanted to say that these people don't represent most Christians and are teaching things that are contrary to the bible. Not semantics and not minor points, misleading people and causing them harm by their lies.

I like living in a country where you (a Christian) can help by being on the ERT. Burning anyone's holy book is deeply offensive and I woul never support it, not even "The Satanic Bible". It does not make the thoughts go away, it changes nothing except to upset others. Burning the Koran is incredibly offensive to Muslims who are not radical and want to live decent lives, just like you and I.

Hi again, I hope your day is better today.

My point with our earlier conversation is that you speak of respect, yet you do not respect and if you want anyone to respect you you have to give it, and in your opening remarks that was not shown.

Burning the Koran is incredibly offensive to Muslims who are not radical

so you are saying by this that if you burn the Qur'an in front to an extremist or radical they would be okay with it? Try it sometime and see what happens.

I left out

and want to live decent lives
because this is a speculative statement based on perception.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Dear IPILYA,

Thank you, today is a pretty good day.

Burning the Koran in front of me would be offensive and I am a Christian. You seem to have missed my point. Burning a Koran would upset extremists; but, it is also offensive to others who are not extremists. There is a thread somewhere about the Coptic church burnings in Egypt and some atheists on this site applauded it. Perhaps you should correct them, I did not call for burning or harming anyone, I am a pacifist.

As for saying that most Muslims just want to live their lives as decent people. That is not speculative, I know many Muslims and Hindus, I work in a very integrated workforce. Truth is most people just want to go to work, care for their family and avoid problems. In fact, something that was not widely reported, was that a group of Muslims surrounded some of the Coptic churches to protect them.

As for respect, I am who I am and you don't know me so how can you respect me? I speak from my heart and I tell what I believe, can you respect that? Respect is earned and that man does not deserve mine, he is a false prophet and misleads others. I don't respect him and I don't respect the priests that molested little boys. I call them all perverts because they are. If they turn from their ways then I might respect them.

I don't seek the morons respect and on the 22nd, I will ridicule him again. I will ridicule him because to not would be to allow him to speak for us. I will repeat what I said, it is the duty of the Catholic church to get rid of the pedophiles within the church, not to respect them or treat them with respect. Treat them as the criminals they are and throw them in jail (which is what the Vatican is now telling the Bishops to do). It is the duty of the Protestants to correct their own, not accept perversion of the word. I will argue what I said with any Pastor. The rules that Christian Pastors must follow are in the New Testament and the method of correction also; but, the church members are also to correct fellow Christians.

I could have written, "Well, there is a guy claiming the world will end on May 21st, he is probably wrong and should consider reading these passages. Blah, blah, blah. No, he is a pervert and ruining people's lives and faith and other Christians should not listen to him because he is a moron and a false prophet. Nope, I am still good with what I said.

My harshness is not directed at Atheists, Agnostics, Muslims, Hindu or any other faith. It is aimed at those who profess to be of the same faith and teach what is contrary to our beliefs. I also take Pastors to task who claim that if someone is a non-believer in the NAME of Jesus that they go to hell; but, I choose not to get off topic on my own thread.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
My friends: Thanks for your input. I guess my overall point in this is I feel a great sense of surety in my own personal convictions of right and wrong and of myself in the way some of these protesters and self-proclaimed "prophets-of-doom-and gloom" go about with their preaching.

I think its the way I was brought up in a Catholic grade school and by a father who was once going to be a priest. I learned to just accept everyone. I just dont have to preach back or argue my own views. But, there have been times in my life I did.

In medical response...we learn the blood is red in everyone...and given that....medically we treat them all the same. So for me? Thats the answer. Say what you will, proclaim what you are or arent...I dont have to care. Not past you being a human being with whatever opinions you believe. And yes, at times I just chuckle to myself just trying to respect them for their beliefs, but while trying not to let it show otherwise outwardly.

In a disaster, I will treat everyone equal, with the same care and experience I have gained thru training...it wont matter if you call yourself an atheist, Christian, Moslem, Mason, Jew or Scientologist. We are all the same. And I like that about the world of ERT. We get out the same equipment for everyone in times of trouble.

I think in the end of life as we know it on earth here...it will be much the same. Not as different from each other...but as a world where most have 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 hands, 2 feet...and with something called a "brain" that we choose what to put in it and how we use it. May be right...may be wrong.

This rainbow of humanity has many colors. I try not to wear sunglasses..............Peace all.
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: point & layout

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Hi,

I know we have not seen eye to eye on your OP but for me it is only the way you worded it not the meaning behind them. I agree with your statement that this person is beginning to cause problems. Right now we have bigger problems than your wording. People ARE being hurt by this prediction. Please see this thread......www.abovetopsecret.com... . It is getting out of control and is much more than someone(the Pastor) spouting off.
edit on 18-5-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Dear IPILYA,

Yes, people are being hurt and that is one of the problems. By speaking loudly I wanted to make it clear that most Christians consider this guy a nutcase and that other Christians should not listen to him as if he has any authority (ie. false prophet). I do not call other religions representatives morons, that would be wrong, they can clean and defend their own houses and should.

The man is dangerous and destroys lives. Beyond that, I do believe we are seeing the birth pangs that were spoken of, I am not alone in this. If one believes in Revelations then one believes we will see false prophets, their purpose to to confuse the believers into not believing the times we are in. It says that in those days even the elect would be deceived if that were possible. Lots of deceit going on. Be well.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Dear IPILYA,

I forgot to mention that I did in fact read the thread that you linked. I am sorry that I did not catch this guy the first go round when he said the world would end in the 90s. As we see more and more of this (and I believe we will) people will cease listening to the truth and the real message of the bible and that is criminal and why I am so vocal (and not just on this site).

Many people know that what is going on in the world just doesn't make sense and that something wicked this way comes; but, the real challenge will be when things appear back to normal. The bible says to be ever vigilant because God will come like a thief in the night. That is why none knows the day and hour. I tell people that they really shouldn't worry about the end times, we all die and I believe God has made a place for us to go. I get disappointed when Christians focus on the "Rapture", too selfish and too worried about missing the bad times. I point out that it also says there will be many martyrs for the faith, I find few takers on that job.

There is a website that claims it can send letters to those left behind when the rapture comes, I find that sort of offensive. I am not ready for the rapture, I am ready for what is to come and down for anything, that is what I want to see in Christians. If we truly love non-believers, who are also our fellow man, then we should want to help them during hard times, not seek to run and hide. I am not impressed by Survivalists who claim to be Christians, what little faith they have.

It is okay that you disagree with my approach, I am a big boy and don't fear being corrected or questioned. I do have answers for what I believe and am expected to give MY answer, not Gods, he can speak for himself. If a Christian Pastor were to attempt to correct me, I would likely hand him his head or he had better be able to convince me using the bible and none has managed to do that yet. Instead I will correct them for allowing these miscreants to claim to represent us and remind them that it is there job to correct these people (the process is laid out in the bible). Be well.

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by micmerci

Yes..I agree he makes no sense.....I think this whole rapture thing on May 21st, 2011 is just one big HOAX...I wonder does he know people in the group (Anonymous)?.....I'm just saying....lol

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Dear caladonea,

The guy making the claim is a moron, most Christians know he is and shake our heads. Come back on May 22nd and lets have a hit the moron in the head contest. Lets bash this swine till he actually reads the bible. Have a great rest of the week.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Two days left and how will you spend Saturday? I will do the same thing I would have done anyway. I find it amusing that people are having End of the World parties, why do they pay attention to this guy at all? What he may or may not know is the great disgrace he puts on real Christians, people that actually read the book and try and live by it and that is why I have compared him to the pedophile priests.

posted on May, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
two days left? One day for me, haha! How is Jesus going to decide who's 21st he will show up on??!!

Jokes aside I fully understand why you would be mad, there is a lot of people out there professing to be Christian and deliberately sowing seeds of deception and discord just to distract and discredit, not just in the realm of Christianity you understand, this is what Ive come to see. And we need to be discerning this and standing against it Christians and non-Christians alike.
The trouble is two fold, one; Atheists are always gagging for a reason to demonize religion (not limited to but mainly being the Christian religion), so they are unlikely to stop painting every christian with the same tar, and two; Christians are gagging to get off this sinful planet and back to their real home in heaven with god, thus they easily fall prey to marketting (spawn of satan)......
Also I think we are all just tired, Christian, atheist, agnostic alike. We are tired and sick and we know that the way the world is, is wrong and we dont know what to do about it. So we jump on the first bandwagon that comes along whether its a "going on up to the spirit in the sky" kindve thing or a "all religion must die!" kindve thing, and we go round and round year after year chasing our tails and yapping at eachother while TPTB throw the sticks and laugh at us......
I dont know what tommorow will bring, Jesus? Maybe, stranger things have happened I guess, but whatever happens I hope that the tyranny of the evil seed of oppressors will end, by Gods hand or our own I dont care but somethings gotta give it cant go on this way....

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rhebefree
two days left? One day for me, haha! How is Jesus going to decide who's 21st he will show up on??!!

Jokes aside I fully understand why you would be mad, there is a lot of people out there professing to be Christian and deliberately sowing seeds of deception and discord just to distract and discredit, not just in the realm of Christianity you understand, this is what Ive come to see. And we need to be discerning this and standing against it Christians and non-Christians alike.
The trouble is two fold, one; Atheists are always gagging for a reason to demonize religion (not limited to but mainly being the Christian religion), so they are unlikely to stop painting every christian with the same tar, and two; Christians are gagging to get off this sinful planet and back to their real home in heaven with god, thus they easily fall prey to marketting (spawn of satan)......
Also I think we are all just tired, Christian, atheist, agnostic alike. We are tired and sick and we know that the way the world is, is wrong and we dont know what to do about it. So we jump on the first bandwagon that comes along whether its a "going on up to the spirit in the sky" kindve thing or a "all religion must die!" kindve thing, and we go round and round year after year chasing our tails and yapping at eachother while TPTB throw the sticks and laugh at us......
I dont know what tommorow will bring, Jesus? Maybe, stranger things have happened I guess, but whatever happens I hope that the tyranny of the evil seed of oppressors will end, by Gods hand or our own I dont care but somethings gotta give it cant go on this way....

Dear Rhebefree,

Thank you for understanding me, thank you. You get it. My words do not sit alone, I am heard. I do not hate non-believers, I hate none, it is gone from me. I cry for us all. My heart is empty, my willingness to win does not exist. I am void. Kick me (not you), I have nothing left. win. There is nothing to win. There is nothing to win when you understand there is just us. We are all tired, but, I stand as me, and will stand as me, there is the end, I am me and be you.but, stand till the end, I will. I will not give up being me, fight it out, I don't ask you (others) to give up, play it till the end and lose because I will be me and support you being you.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Thanks for your input....I just wonder when tomorrow comes...will some people be so worked up...that they will try and off themselves.....I hope not....do you think people will get that crazy?

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Thanks for your input....I just wonder when tomorrow comes...will some people be so worked up...that they will try and off themselves.....I hope not....do you think people will get that crazy?

We may see some of that; but, I am not expecting much as the following is small, just a lot of advertising. I am more concerned about what happens on the 22nd to the minds of those who believed him.

posted on May, 20 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Hi all, at 9pm tonight pacific standard time (May 20, 2011) it will be 6pm Saturday May 21, 2011 in Kiritimati, Christmas Island, Kiriba

here is a link to a global time and date website:

www.timeanddate.com...
edit on 20-5-2011 by caladonea because: put in time zone

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join