It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Will Not End On May 21st Idiots

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
What I find really funny is that Camping is from Oakland and this years Regional American Atheist meeting takes place in Oakland on May 21 AND 22, 2011.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by savageheart
reply to post by AQuestion

You are the one considering those who believe as idiots. You are the one, by saying such, have self decided that you are a proper medium or professional in order to consider the rest other than what you think as idiots. You are the one who stated such, please stay on topic as to what you referred.

I am on topic, they are idiots. I said nobody needed to be a professional to look at the obvious. Woulod you trust a scientist who didn't know the basics of science? If you are a non-believer, what do you care what I think. If you are believer, justify their stupidity or tell me why we should not point out that they are not Christians and don't know their bible. We only have so many choices, they speak the truth and are lucky or inspired OR they are idiots or liars and the world will not end on May 21st. Pick the one you like then get back to me; but, pick one or find one that I did not consider and I will respond to that.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Dear Christians,

Thou shalt not judge others. That's what the almighty book says. Either obey your rules or don't have rules. Quit being hypocrites.

Dear iamhobo,

You are amusing, I did not judge anyone. Are you even a Christian or just another non-believer looking for a reason to not believe. I don't have the ultimate answer, Chritians are imperfect the challenge for us is to accept that. You are the hypocrite, hiding behind your disbelief. If you said that they are "our" rules then it indicates that they are not your rules, you judge others, you called me a hypocrite. Don't expect to judge others when you judge yourself.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
That doesn't sound very christian of you

2nd line

Actually that sounds very christian!!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

2nd line

I have your posts before, you don't even know what Christ told us to be. It is very Christian, to answer for what we believe and correct other Christians. If they tell lies then do you believe it is Christian to not correct them? No, you like to see disagreement, so do I. I like to see miscreants removed from claiming to be Christians as they are not. Would you allow members of the mafia to join the FBI? So why should I allow non-Chrstians to claim to be Christians when they don't even know what was in the bible?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by Akragon

2nd line

I have your posts before, you don't even know what Christ told us to be. It is very Christian, to answer for what we believe and correct other Christians. If they tell lies then do you believe it is Christian to not correct them? No, you like to see disagreement, so do I. I like to see miscreants removed from claiming to be Christians as they are not. Would you allow members of the mafia to join the FBI? So why should I allow non-Chrstians to claim to be Christians when they don't even know what was in the bible?

Yes i guess its true, you should try to correct them...

Though theres tons of "christian" sects that believe this very thing the OP is talking about. Why are they any different then those who don't believe this doomsday thing. Each section of christianity still disagrees with one another on this and that when it comes to the bible.

You can't blame some people for believing these fanatics...

Fear runs the world

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I can blame them, I can blame them for being the same as aethiests, I can blame them for professing to know what they do not know, I can blame them for perverting the word of God. I do not judge them; but, I must be allowed to tell them that they are not following or reading the word with any effort to understand it. I must tell them, not non-believers.

Recently, I responded to a Luciferian and told him what a good job he did of explaining his beliefs, he responded by telling me how much he hated Chistians, including me, one who applauded his freedom to believe what he chose. I left the thread and did not respond in kind. You and everyone else is entitled to believe as you will, nobody is entitled to speak for me by the mere fact that they say they are a Christian. That is not allowed and if they choose to attempt to speak for us, they had better get it right or correct me.

If anyone wants to know what this Christian believes they can ask me and I don't know all the answers; but, I know a lot of the wrong ones and will correct Christians who give those. Non-believers need not care and if they think that they get to define me then we will have a problem and I will correct them also. Why do aethiests believe they get to correct believers and not their own, same reason Chritsians are told they should not correct their own I am not in agreement and will not be told by believers or non-believers what I must believe or go along with, not gonna happen. Be well.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Right on man

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Thank you. Thank you for allowing that a Christian can decide for himself. I will correct anyone who tells me or you or anyone else what they must believe. You have read other things I have written, you understand that I am more than capable of responding. Do you believe I am harder on Christians or non-Christians? If this thread doesn't prove it than what could?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Thank you. Thank you for allowing that a Christian can decide for himself. I will correct anyone who tells me or you or anyone else what they must believe. You have read other things I have written, you understand that I am more than capable of responding. Do you believe I am harder on Christians or non-Christians? If this thread doesn't prove it than what could?

Why do you care what others believe?

Leave them with their prediction... and when it fails, they'll be lost again...

So will you still hate them?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I don't hate anyone. Hate is garbage, respond to, yes I do. The second they pretend to speak for me or other Christians, they put themselves at risk of being responded to. Look at this thread, Christians did not correct me, non-believers did, how pitiful for them. Non-believers told me I wasn't Christian enough for them, guess where they belong, how dare they. I don;t tell non-believers who they are. They are the hypocrites and should hold their tongue or deserve what they get from me, as for believers, they need to know what they are saying or think more before talking.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
Dear Christians,

Thou shalt not judge others. That's what the almighty book says. Either obey your rules or don't have rules. Quit being hypocrites.

Dear iamhobo,

You are amusing, I did not judge anyone. Are you even a Christian or just another non-believer looking for a reason to not believe. I don't have the ultimate answer, Chritians are imperfect the challenge for us is to accept that. You are the hypocrite, hiding behind your disbelief. If you said that they are "our" rules then it indicates that they are not your rules, you judge others, you called me a hypocrite. Don't expect to judge others when you judge yourself.

Now you're judging me saying I don't believe in anything. Tisk tisk.

You do realize other religions came before Christianity don't you?

Back to the topic at hand, this Camping guy apparently predicted the same crap back in 1994 and guess what...nothing happened. History tends to repeat itself, so I'm not expecting much at all...except for a bunch of disappointment like usual.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

So help me to understand your opening comments.

You use one prophecy to cut down another because a date is given, and the "book" you use is a combination of myth, legend, and parables supposedly given to Man by God, and was purposely left vague to insure an everlasting church of dominance and control.

The Way you put it shows your contempt for your own reference material in that only part of it is relevant.
You dishonor yourself in the attempt to dishonor another which is dishonoring yourself to begin with within your own belief system.

I state this because it is obvious that You know not what a "Real Christian" believes as you would have to be one to recognize the belief, or am I mistaking the difference between "Real Christian" and "True Christian"?.

The topic you chose was a direct attack on the pastures credibility and puzzle making skills, as he has obviously built a plausible puzzle with the information he has( which is what everyone of us on this site does), while denying the fact that you may be wrong, in a purely speculative situation, because you read it, instead of thought for yourself.

Idiots who don't know their bible claim to be Christians

Not only does this show your own lack of knowledge of the Bible, but also that knowing it is not living it.

and then jerks who are nasty aethiests

This shows your superiority complex and total disregard to the individual by stating the whole based on nothing but personal Judgment, and that you are as bad as you think they are.

If you are an aethiest and you think these morons represent what real Christians believe than you are as dumb as they are.

I think you have made it abundantly clear you are not what you say you are and yet again placed yourself within the statements you make.

As a Christian I say to you,

Go to your closet, enter, and close the door behind you. In the darkness contemplate the following,

"Love your neighbor as you Love yourself"
"Judge not less ye be Judged"
"Let he who has no sin cast the first stone"
"The Light comes from within"
"You will do miracles greater than I"

and maybe you will comprehend statements like,

"If you say unto the mountain, cast ye self into the sea, and you believe it HAS BEEN DONE it will be"

Notice that the lessons are all his teachings and not what he did. So much emphasis is placed on his life and death that his teachings, which is really the important part, are no longer followed.

If you have walked as Jesus walked in peace and light with love in your heart for all things, as it is of God, and to Love God is to Love all his creations and having faith of his Love then Revelations doesn't even matter, as you are no longer afraid of death and are ready to be with him when he calls, whenever that may be.

As an atheist I say,

Thank you for showing the ignorance of it all. If you are going to rant at least give some sources, so we can evaluate your claims for ourselves. And try and make it longer than a paragraph, as the second is nothing but a display of ignorance, stereotyping, and religious persecution bordering hate.

Edit to say: Title in all caps Tisk Tisk.
edit on 9-5-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Actually, we are to judge those inside the church, according to 1 Corinthians. We are NOT to judge those outside the church, that is for the Lord. And when it says judge, we can make observations of peoples behaviors as followers of Christ and if they are not living according to their faith of believing in Jesus they we pray for them and let them play in Satan's playground in hopes they repent.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Dear IPILYA,

Actually I posted in the section called "Rant", not in the section on Faith. A rant is just that. The "Pastor" did not base what he said on the words in the bible, he did it based on some convoluted calculations that he made. To say that he and I disagree because of what the bible says is untrue. If he did believe what it said then he would know that nobody knows the hour and the day.

The bible tells us that we are to correct others who call themselve Christians. Not everyone who calls themself a Christian is, that is like believing that just because someone says they are a tree that they are. The bible also says that if someone calls themselves a prophet the test is that they can never be wrong. Lets follow that, if we are still here on May 22nd than this man is a false prophet, can I correct him then? I can wait till then and I will say with 100% conviction that the world will not "end" on May 21st. Perhaps you think he might be right.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
May 2011, December 2012, ................ I dont put much thought into it. Fact is if Major SHTF we will either be dead or have to go into survival mode. Family has mountain property with wells, so get the bleep out of town is covered, clean water is covered, 4x4 covered, hunting covered, ..... life in general is crazy enough I don't want to bother with counting down to any one day for the end of my existence because it may or may not happen at any time.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I am fully aware of the location of your post And I do not believe you were wrong in stating such rant. I also believe it to be justified as I do not believe that it will happen on the 21st and as a Christian you are expected to judge other Christians within their prophecy.

My entire statement is on how you composed yourself. It is almost as if you stepped out of being a Christian in your words and disrespect, which is obviously Human, in order to let off some steam, however I believe the same rant could have been done without the name calling especially since the rant was on the pastor and his "Prophecies" yet you resorted to calling atheists names which is outside your right to judge Christians.

No one that is Human is perfect, especially myself, including Jesus as shown when he disobeyed his parents in the name of belief and when he disturbed the temple sellers, but this was less anger and more a distraction in the attempt to take the throne prior to the arrival of Caesars guards, but that is another topic.

My whole point was if you say you are a Christian then be a Christian, always. The reason I state this is because this type of attitude and name calling only justifies the statements of atheists and provides no positive justification of being a Christian which in turn hurts the entire premise of prophesy altogether.

Its not the rant, its the way you came across in making it.

Edit to say: A star and a thank you for making your reply to me civil as you could have defended yourself aggressively.
edit on 9-5-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

As a Christian I really hate to see morons that claim (...) teach vile, stupid and ignorant messages. There is a moron somewhere (...) these morons claiming to be (...) Idiots who don't know their bible (...) then jerks who are nasty aethiests (...) scum aethiests like Stalin (...) think these morons (...) you are as dumb (...)

I think you really need to get over yourself

Oh, and by the way ....

Flag this.

Is that an order?

If you're an example of a Christian then I don't want to be one.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This May 21'st stuff is screwing up families. People have stated they're just quitting their jobs and going for the hills. This is nuts. At worst they should just plan a vacation that week... not quit their job. What the # were they thinking!?

Well, they'll be the one paying the price, not me.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
WHAT ! ! !
I have already ordered my judgement day handbag.
and a few boxes of pop corn and a snowball...
. well I hope I can get a return

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join