It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Accident at Plant in Mississippi USA gets Totally Ignored!!! Why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Just getting off work...my mind is reeling at all things going on at the moment.
We seem to be hitting critical mass. I cannot make complete sentences fast enough, just subjects. Bear with me...

NWO
HAARP
CERN
Egypt/Greece
Japan EQ
Tsunami
Fukushima
STUXNET
Libya
Birth Certificate
New heads at CIA and Military commanders
Genetically Modified food
World Economy
Elenin
DUMBS
Tornados
HAARP
Floods
death of the US dollar
Libyan leader's family assasination
Osama Bin Ladin
India/Pakistan/China/Russia/Afghanistan/Iran/Iraq/Isreal
Population Reduction
Multiple "Incidents" at Nuclear Facilities
Homeland Security
TSA
FEMA exercise at New Madrid Fault
STUXNET
HAARP
Population reduction
someone help me remember it all...this is just the past 2 months, most of it in the past 3 weeks...but somehow, they allll seem related

Perhaps I spend too much time on ATS

edit on 8-5-2011 by Elostone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Interesting timing - I wonder what other serious news items got missed during the OBL fiasco news.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Elostone

I am so glad to see that incidents at multiple nuclear power facilities is on your list. I have noticed recently that there seems to be an awfully lot of incidents happening around the country at different facilities that don't seem to be making a splash on any news channels.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Why wouldn't people ignore this, like they have ignored what is coming from Japan - they ignore everything else so why not ignore this too. This is why we're in this bloody mess.

Shout and complain - but do something about it - that's another matter.

We've all done it and continue to do it.

They know we will. That's how they get away with it. Nothings changed.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, there was a whisper about it a few days ago in the threads about the flooding..

2nd ln

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

sorry to sound like a clown, but have you any credible sources?? i have never heard of this natrual news site, and not only that it seems to be a japaneese site, and could just be trying to make the rest of the world look as bad.

ive done some searches of this, and all i could find (that was relevent) was links to this site and other posts i think you made on other websites.

surely if something like this happened, at least the people living near the river would be told, this would be a legality they could not avoid...esspecialy as people are more on alert at the moment thanks to fukishima.

edit on 8-5-2011 by boaby_phet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boaby_phet

Yes I have a very credible source I believe. Hopefully one you will agree is credible.

The official US Nuclear Regulatory Commission's website. NRC.gov.

Here is a link to the Incident. It is listed under "EVENTS" on MAY 2nd. I just dug this up. Credible Source Linked

Scroll down near the bottom for the official report.

Facility: GRAND GULF

"On 4/28/2011, Grand Gulf Nuclear Station Unit 2 turbine building sump samples indicated tritium presence. The Unit 2 turbine building is an abandoned, partially constructed building. Follow-up review and investigation confirmed that water from Unit 2 turbine building sump had been pumped to the environment through installed sump pumps and piping connected between the sumps and roof drains on the Unit 2 turbine building.The release has been terminated by turning off the sump pumps located in the Unit 2 turbine building. Site procedures require notification of off-site agencies, therefore the NRC is being notified in accordance with 10 CFR 50.72(b)(2)(xi)." The NRC Resident Inspector has been informed. The state will be informed.

After looking through the last 5 days of reported "events", all of the stories told in this thread are verified as true and factual. Good work ATS with some legit info.

I found almost all of the stories linked in here about Alabama, Illinois, Georgia, etc on these lists. Just browse through May 2-today. It's crazy.

So thanks for making me look that up. I appreciate you pushing me to achieve better.

edit on 8-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I don't know if it's needed or anything, but since I just found the NRC link on this very incident if any mods have a minute and don't mind, I would appreciate you adding it to the last part of the OP or something. I passed my 4hour window for editing the post.

www.nrc.gov...

That link is the official source here so I will favor it as the primary source unless anyone has anything better than the US NRC lol.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by boaby_phet
surely if something like this happened, at least the people living near the river would be told, this would be a legality they could not avoid...esspecialy as people are more on alert at the moment thanks to fukishima.

This is one of our problems, and I apologize for using your statement as the example.

"Surely...." Well surely you are mistaken.

Apparently there is no law requiring them to alert the people directly or to put this on the mainstream media.

The laws require them to report to various Agencies and to the State. That doesn't really include you and me...

I know it sucks but that's how our government and corporations tend to operate apparently.

But hey, I am trying to inform and alert people and I know a lot of other ATSers are doing the same. Where the government fails to inform folks, you will find us there to fill the gaps.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Thanks for bringing that across OP S&F.

I did read about this too but got caught up in other things - it's crazy!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
i wonder what happen when tritium meets corexit

I will use some sources to back up this.
Ionizing Radiation Wiki
Beta Radiation Wiki
Corexit Wiki

The beta particles emitted are a form of ionizing radiation also known as beta rays. The production of beta particles is termed beta decay.

Ionizing (or ionising) radiation consists of particles or electromagnetic waves that are energetic enough to detach electrons from atoms or molecules, therefore ionizing them.

the manufacturer's own safety data sheet on Corexit EC9527A says the main components are 2-butoxyethanol and a proprietary organic sulfonate with a small concentration of propylene glycol.

Also these two links, the source from Jefferson Labs Link and the other one from a thread I made discussing and explaining the information from JL. ATS thread discussing it

The mechanism by which radiation causes damage to human tissue, or any other material, is by ionization of atoms in the material. Ionizing radiation absorbed by human tissue has enough energy to remove electrons from the atoms that make up molecules of the tissue. When the electron that was shared by the two atoms to form a molecular bond is dislodged by ionizing radiation, the bond is broken and thus, the molecule falls apart. This is a basic model for understanding radiation damage.

Since Corexit is a Complex Molecule consisting of many atoms chemically bonded togeather, what will happen is that the Beta Radiation emitted by the tritium will possibly ionize various atoms within the complex molecule (Corexit) and cause the molecule to break down into it's constituent atomic parts.

So it will break Corexit apart at a atomic level by breaking the chemical-electric bonds holding it together.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Well I gata say, I did not expect to read this today.

I really think that dabbling in nuclear will be the downfall of us all. There is already enough crap from the 2000+ nuclear weapons we detonated around the world in test fields, 1000 of which were in USA primarily around Nevada, the anti-armor rounds we explode in wars constantly, nuclear meltdowns, and whatever else we do not know about. It's amazing we're even alive in the first place, but almost everyone has somebody in their family that has died from cancer.

Guess its time to spread the word to the zombies that watch news channels .. again

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

What makes it scarier is that all of this could be deposited onto land due to the raised water levels and flooding. Normally it would just go out to sea and be dispersed. Even though it really should just never have happened.
We need to honestly look for alternatives and quit with the nuclear, it's really just a dumb form of energy. Too much toxic waste and potential for disaster.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
A few days ado I tried posting info on the Browns Ferry problems with Unit 1. There was no interest whatsoever. Possibly because Americans like to beat up the Japanese but are too patriotic to criticise their own authorities too much......

There was a hoax at the beginning of the Fukishima thread. Someone said the US had bombed Libya's reactor. Mods and others all said good. This was while they were mulling over the Fukishima spreading radiation issues. When told that radiation can kill people in Europe as well as Africa if it's true they stated that their hate for that part of the world justified radiation poisoning...

Luckily someone mentioned the US and UK using depleted Uranium and DIME on rebels (civilians) all over the world.

This shows often the concern is not about what happens but where and who it happens to..........

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Great thread, muzz. S+F.

Where have you been???

Anyways, I was actually going to post this but I assumed someone already posted it on ATS when it happened. I guess I shouldn't assume.

In the coming years, these nuclear plants will get exponentially more dangerous as they age and become less reliable.
edit on 7-5-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

I have been saying exactly that on the Fukishima thread. It's logical that as the 40 year old plants get 30 year licence extensions and use MOX fuels which they were not designed for we can only have more accidents.

There are 442 reactors in the world today. When there are 4400 we will not have 10 times the amount of accidents. We will have even more due to reduced safety measures and as you have put it ageing plants.

One day the current dangerous levels will be the new background level radiation.

Currently the African continent has only 1 plant in South Africa and 1 experimental reactor in Libya. So I theorise that in many years to come the safest place will be in the centre of Africa.

Probably the Congo.

Where it all began.........!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Its not even like nuclear energy produces some kind of "special" energy or something. All it does is spin a turbine with steam using the rods to heat the water...

Sad thing is that humans want to replace natural solutions to problems with manmade solutions so they can get that little extra $$

We could easily have all our energy from the ocean/sunlight/geothermal. We could easily replace our oil needs with hemp oil, and have a surplus to sell,at the same time destroying the medical industry and making the quality of life higher for everyone.

But they choose not to, THEY know what is best for us always.

The only way this will change is when the people in power die off naturally, or by us, and get replaced by people that do not value money over life.

Maybe then we won't have nuclear waste leaking into major rivers...
edit on 8-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I think you found one of the reasons for the release of Bin Laden's sudden death. This would be the perfect time to drop that and cover up that mess.

Now i wonder how bad this really is. The Mississippi River is already flooding and if we see proportions of what i did back in the 90s, it's gonna get really bad...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I think your source is scare mongering, probably to further an anti-nuke agenda. I'm sure it a conspiracy and all but did anyone notice how the NRC classed this?:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef164ee2d219.jpg[/atsimg]

Think that might be why it's not in the news?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

I think your source is scare mongering, probably to further an anti-nuke agenda. I'm sure it a conspiracy and all but did anyone notice how the NRC classed this?:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ef164ee2d219.jpg[/atsimg]

Think that might be why it's not in the news?

So dumping radioactive tritium in the largest river in the USA is safe? Wrong!

It is not classed as an emergency because the material was released Intentionally and then the release was halted when they realized what they were doing (supposedly-I doubt it but...).

An emergency is something they can "do something about". You cannot do anything about an accidental release like this. It's done its over.

The emergency DOES exist with anyone living downstream of this event. Radioactive tritium is dangerous. Please do some basic research about it.

When you learn the reason why they label things as emergency you will understand quickly that it has nothing to do with how "safe" the areas around the disaster site are. It has to do with what can be done and what needs to be done at the disaster site itself to prevent further contamination. Since they "shut off the valve" , there is no more further needed actions. Therefore- not an emergency.

It's just a really big mistake.

Think about it.

edit on 8-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Also if you are not at least minimally fearful of being contaminated due to nuclear accidents happening next door, you are lacking brain function.

I am not saying sit there in fear. But hopefully you will have enough fear to get your children /family and get the hell out of dodge. That's why evacuation zones were invented also. Because we humans are afraid of dying.

If someone breaks into your house at night, and I try to call you and warn you I saw them break in the back door, would you call me a fear monger? Why not??

Oh because Im your neighbor and I'm trying to save your butt. Trying to keep my community clean. Trying to keep things positive.

And of course I am anti-nuke, I used to not be though. I used to buy into all the lies spread by the media saying nuclear energy is safe and clean. It was all untrue though I discovered after doing some basic preliminary research.

I know when someone has not researched this topic, because I have been researching it. I know a lot of other ATSers have been too, and I can tell when they talk about it if they have.

So 1) I am not fear - mongering. I am alerting my fellow Americans who live around the southern Mississippi River to take precautions to protect themselves, like avoid the river water for a week(if possible). Something simple like that.

and 2) Yes I am anti-nuke but is only due to the facts about the technology. If it wasn't so volatile, dangerous, and highly toxic to the environment, I would be pro-nuke still. But reality slapped me in the face and now I straightened up and learned the truth. I am anti-nuke because I love my children and their children. And everyone else on Earth too!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join