It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Accident at Plant in Mississippi USA gets Totally Ignored!!! Why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stopthatfrog

So for most people wading through flood water right now it doesnt look to good. I would prefer that i was told to stay away from the water personally. maybe stick to drinking bottled water. I dont know. The half life doesnt seem that long though but i wonder who checks the effects of a half life if its continually building up day after day after day?

Nice post and thanks for the great source material you linked. It's quite informative.

About the 'biological half-life' you make an excellent observation. People will continually recieve dose after dose , day after day. It will build up. By the time the first dose was expunged, the 2rd, 3rd, and 100th doses will already be making their way into the body.

So it's a really bad deal.

I agree the Government (if it was legitimate and cared about us) , would at least tell people "try to avoid the water downstream from this power plant" and "drink bottled water". Those are VERY SIMPLE precautions and would save untold numbers of citizens from being contaminated.

It really ticks me off it does. That's why I made the thread. I don't know what else I can do about it...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Credit goes to local CBS affiliate and local newspaper via NaturalNews.

Bury with daily information overload, don't report in national level... such could be one tactic to try and cover things up.
edit on 7-5-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
prison planet and david icke are carrying the story, but not the NRC, which is referenced in the arcticle. this needs a little more research

the daily status report seems normal

I won't post them here, but there are phone numbers for the site resident inspectors on the NRC site

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
wth MATE?!

so tritium is dumped into ole miss and not one peep from anyone?!

this is disgusting....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
perhaps thats why the gov't breached the levys because afraid of a fukashima insident. the y needed the water out so parts of plant could function or something.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaExray
reply to post by muzzleflash

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for digging this up and sharing it with us.

Everyone please visit the link posted above, it's about the Ohio nuclear accident back on April 22nd that was pretty much ignored. Heck even I didn't know anything about it and I am actually pretty close to this particular reactor. So of course I am going to take it very seriously.

Please people if you do not mind, star and flag the thread linked about Ohio. We really need to bring as much attention to this issue as possible, because it directly affects everyone. It affects our standard of living detrimentally, and it harms our health.

This is really important information especially for people living near these facilities.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjjtir
Credit goes to local CBS affiliate and local newspaper via NaturalNews.

Bury with daily information overload, don't report in national level... such could be one tactic to try and cover things up.
edit on 7-5-2011 by jjjtir because: (no reason given)

I think that's exactly how they cover up these things.

By reporting it locally and failing to report it nationally or internationally, they give themselves a back door to escape responsibility.

It allows them to deny any culpability.
"See, we DID report it right here in a little local news station".

So I can't say "They aren't reporting it at all anywhere", because they did.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I’m reading a lot of negative against the power plants, and discussions about the ageing aspect of the plants. First let me say I do not work for nor ever have worked for any power plant, I did grow up in a sea shore town with a power plant and knew many of my neighbors whom worked in the plant. Never once was there ever a problem and the plant not only being a large employer but because of there tax contributions our locale land tax rates where very low. The plant was scheduled to be closed and disassembled at a pre determined time, but the plant was lucky and was eligible for a refit, this allowed the plant to stay operational for additional amount of time, to the best of my knowledge that plant is still in operations today. Nuclear is very safe, and is the cleanest energy source we currently have, with the so called global warming and the concerns people have with clean air, nuclear is the best option today. Until big brother allows the development of the Tesla coil, like so many other real inventions that the money grabbers will not allow to come about, this planet will always be in trouble.

Accidents happen and when they do it is tragic, what we need to asses this incident is the ppb released, since the water way is large and fast flowing and will enter into even a larger body of water, the ppb is so low that the threat health level is probably none existent. Ppb = parts per billion, and this is most like the case since there was no real news coverage on this incident.

Don’t get me wrong even the smallest of any accident should be unacceptable, and because of the advanced training, science, and technology even these small incidents are few and far between, and with further advancements it is my belief they will be eliminated all together.

For those whom real want to make a difference may I recommend investing your time in getting off grid, become self sufficient, look at alternative power sources and Aquaponics for food, my favorite of the self contained food systems. The more people get off the grid, the less power will be needed to supply, and our resources will last for many life times. For more information and ideas on self sufficiency I recommend my blog and the drprepper radio show on btr, blog talk radio. www.drmeola.blogspot.com

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by drmeola

I am sorry but nuclear power is not clean or safe. Otherwise there would be no such thing as "nuclear accidents".

Nuclear power becomes the most dangerous possible source of energy known to mankind when accidents occur. And accidents are bound to occur sometime, that's life no one is perfect.

It needs to be phased out immediately.

Also, the argument that it supplies jobs is just irrational. Maybe if we spent more time building Solar Panel technologies that would provide plenty of jobs too. But we ignore solar power and focus on coal, oil, gas, and radioactive substances.

Solar Power is obviously cleaner and safer to operate. And when "accidents" happen, the side effects of pollution are far less damaging than the incredibly long lasting effects of volatile radionuclides released from nuclear power plants.

I honestly feel like you are just repeating the propaganda the nuclear power industry supplied to you, without questioning it or even giving it much critical thought. Please reevaluate your thoughts in depth and realize that "containment" is the only reason it "appears safe". Once containment is breeched, it becomes the worst type of pollution disaster known to man.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
the Huffington Post has an article with almost the same info with the exception of this:

Although the material has uses in thermonuclear weapons systems, it is commonly used to make phosphor material to create permanent illumination (wristwatch dials, firearms night-sights).

link: www.huntingtonnews.net...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
google Mississippi River Tritium gives me all of this.

theintelhub.com...

www.lucaswhitefieldhixson.com...river-03052011...

www2.wjtv.com...

www.innworldreport.net...&Itemid=1

and since Im from Ohio I googled High radiation levels Ohio powerplant and get these

www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.tri-cityherald.com...

Workers at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant immediately evacuated it on April 22 when radiation levels rose while it was shutting down for a refueling outage, the commission said Tuesday. Plant officials don't believe workers were exposed to radiation levels "in excess of NRC limits," the commission said.

"The plant is in a safe condition and there has been no impact to workers at the plant or members of the public from this issue," the commission said in a statement.

guess this isn't considered news worthy. I think I would like to know when things like this happen in my state

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I found an article with two sources, so this seems pretty legit. they tried to wave it off as being diluted in the river, but this isn't a soluble chemical we are talking about here

good find

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It's getting to the point we need a "Nuclear Watch 2011" permanent thread to join the earthquakes, volcanoes, and tornadoes.

I went for a short education on the use of tritium, and found another discharge that I haven't heard about.

VY: Tritium Leak Source may be the pipes

BRATTLEBORO -- The source of tritiated water discovered in January near Vermont Yankee nuclear power plant’s radioactive waste building has not yet been found, but Yankee officials believe the contaminated water has been flowing along a piping run from the advanced off-gas building to a monitoring well near the waste building.

Seems the problem isn't new either...
Study Assessing safety of nuclear plants in Illinois

In 2007, residents and local governments near the plant sued Exelon, the company that runs Braidwood. They claimed the tritium leaks had contaminated drinking wells. In 2010, Exelon settled the suit by providing money for environmental cleanup projects in the affected communities.

Before anyone notes that both these incidents are 'not a major risk to public health' and nothing like what is going on in Japan...it is precisely because of what is going on in Japan that we have to stop the madness...radiation is cumulative.

Japan is filling our bucket of radiation tolerance rapidly, so the 'minor' incident in Mississippi could tip the buckets of many more that are exposed to this runoff, into flooded waters that may even include particulates from Fukishima brought in from the western winds and washed into our rivers, and with some home-grown tritium poured in on top courtesy of Grand Gulf.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

According to reports there are over 100,000 people within a 100 km radius

•Tritium is an important fuel for controlled nuclear fusion in both magnetic confinement and inertial confinement fusion reactor designs.

this link has some good info, video and links to other pertinent site
www.lucaswhitefieldhixson.com...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
My first instinct regarding this news, (Thanks, Muzzleflash), was that this is no accident.....It's all part of the NWO program, designed to reduce the population of 'undesirables'
Now that we've been 'groomed and conditioned' by the Fukushima incident, and have all realized that there's nothing we can do about it once it's happened, NWO introduces more poison into the mix, designed to erradicate entire populations through these new fangled mega-disasters....all of them, I believe, have been MAN-ipulated by man's tampering with Nature's frequencies.

Recipe:
*First prepare the dough by sprinkling a pinch of silver oxide over it: (Chemtrail it).
*Turn up the heat in the upper oven: (HAARP the hell out of the ionosphere).
*Wait until the dough rises enough to let loose a #load of steam; allow it to condense and pour down in mega-buckets and flood the whole neighborhood: (Floods, landslides, liquifaction, sink-holes, river-tsunamis, etc).
*Add a few drops of Bicarbonate of Tritium to the liquid mess; Mix well; (Nuclear reactor beta-release).
*Open oven door and allow the mixture to flow out freely 'til it fills every crevice and orifice in its path. (The Poisoning!).

It's all in The Plan.

Now wait for the weed-wacking machine to come along and carpet-bomb this theory!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
the Huffington Post has an article with almost the same info with the exception of this:

Although the material has uses in thermonuclear weapons systems, it is commonly used to make phosphor material to create permanent illumination (wristwatch dials, firearms night-sights).

link: www.huntingtonnews.net...

Yes it's all true apparently.

On the wiki for tritium it shows photos of watches that use it for illumination.

Also on the Hydrogen Bomb Wiki it explains how tritium and deuterium are used to boost the power of the bomb's energy releases.

It explains that in depth, and rather than listening to me you all can just read the well done articles linked.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
from Starling:

*Wait until the dough rises enough to let loose a #load of steam; allow it to condense and pour down in mega-buckets and flood the whole neighborhood: (Floods, landslides, liquifaction, sink-holes, river-tsunamis, etc).

Now I think this thread is talking about the one radioactive bucket floating down the Mississippi, and maybe they (the workers) did think they could take advantage of the elevated radiation levels and try to blame it on ole number 3 to the far west. I could go that far.

The rest...yep those buckets are filling up fast too, can't find a damn empty bucket anywhere. Explanations for those in the threads to the left...
edit on 7-5-2011 by lakesidepark because: can't find all my buckets

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by readytorevolt

Thank you for all of the interesting links.

I really appreciate your help in finding out more information and spreading and sharing this information. I really do appreciate it.

I agree that we have a right to know about these types of accidents happening in our own backyard when it occurs. It is a crime to withhold this information because withholding it will lead to many people being harmed permanently. It's a travesty.

I will review your links further now, if I find anything in particular I will post excerpts and links.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lakesidepark

Thank you for digging up history about this issue, you have shown me a lot of information I had never even heard of until now.

I agree 100% with you that we are facing a cumulative problem that is growing worse day by day, and every new accident just adds a new layer of radioactive icing on top of our decaying cake.

Isn't it amazing how often these types of incidents occur and how the mainstream media sources ignore it as if it's not important? I wonder how much the nuclear industry and the governments pay them to avoid these issues?

Well, maybe they actually think if they ignore it, it will go away?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Starling

I am open to your suggestion that it is not accidental and that it might just be intentional.

This is a possible scenario and I will not discount it at this point because it really wouldn't surprise me if it was intentional.

I mean really, does anyone think that nuclear scientists are this retarded? I don't.
Maybe I am wrong. Maybe we are all mentally deficient, including our "top scientists".

It just seems to me that the folks in control of these industries and governments would take action to prevent these things from happening. But....alas...what have they done?

So yeah, your suggestion is totally on the table and viable. Good post.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join