It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

*getting back on topic*

Seems to me the powers that be ( TPTB ) Had already had this plan in place to basically dominate the news with this story about Osama. I personally think it was purposefully released after the royal wedding. Not sure how it is all connected. Wether it was to take the Royals out of the news. Or if it is a PsyOP. Obviously we have no idea how sophisticated their PsyOPs are. This could be putting into place something that is going to happen well down the road.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Ahaha, I feel so stupid just figuring this out now, but I rarely use Twitter, so yeah. All you have to do is hover the cursor over the date for a second or two:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e09ca930339.png[/atsimg]

10:43 AM. However, I'm not sure if this is PST or Twitter time, so if people can test this out themselves and try to find out for certain, that would be great. Now that we know the time, we can start to narrow the search.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I'm not sure what all the confusion is. Yes, it looks like Fox jumped the gun and released the news early, but as far as I was aware, it was common knowledge that the "alleged" assassination happened up to a week earlier than the announcement. This is what made the timing of the announcement so suspiciuos. Either you would announce it immediately (within a couple of hours), or you would wait until the Monday morning.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Okay guys, I've just discovered something important. On the tweet, I right clicked on "Apr 28" and pressed "Open Link in New Tab". This was the link I found:

twitter.com...#!/megneverlands/status/63659618995408896

I clicked on the tweets before and after that, and I got 63647216052604928 and 63734156852592641 respectively, meaning that these numbers are in sequential order. If we can find out what time 63659618995408896 occurred, we might be able to narrow down the time at when this tweet was posted, and thus, greatly narrow down the search for the FOX News Ticker.
edit on 5/7/2011 by SonicInfinity because: Minor spacing error

Agreed! Not knowing much about twitter, can you not just search the #'s around the one that megneverlands posted and see if anyone posted a time or anything of relevance that might give us a narrower time frame?

Sorry had to post this again because you twitterheads didn't let me know yet.

This is a bad lead. What the guy who found this hash tag is saying, is right to an extent.

It is sequential.

The problem is, Twitter uses presumably thousands of servers, each generating their own hashtags, some have more traffic on them, and as a result -- will have higher hash tags.

The only way to validate this, would be to single out the server that issued the hash tag, and only compare the post in question to other posts around that time, on the same server....

Which I believe is a feat that is nigh impossible... even if you worked for Twitter.

The only way to prove this COULD be fake, is to reproduce it by finding the security loop holes in twitter required to edit post dates, which may not be possible through conventional methods....

Which would also, validate the OP, if it indeed was proved to be true, that it's impossible through conventional methods.
edit on 7-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
All here tweets surrounding this one were royal wedding and Shepard Smith was covering that on April 28 at 7:43 pm. I'm looking at a few vids I found...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
Ahaha, I feel so stupid just figuring this out now, but I rarely use Twitter, so yeah. All you have to do is hover the cursor over the date for a second or two:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e09ca930339.png[/atsimg]

10:43 AM. However, I'm not sure if this is PST or Twitter time, so if people can test this out themselves and try to find out for certain, that would be great. Now that we know the time, we can start to narrow the search.

I think we could search what program was running between 10 and 11. And try to find that archived program, or maybe someone knows someone who DVRs Fox news alot.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
When the news was originially released about O B L's death, wasn't it reported that he was killed 1 week earlier and that the delay in reporting was for the DNA testing to be carried out.

So, if it was reportedon May 1 that he was killed and buried at sea in 24hrs, that doesn't mean that he he was killed 24hrs before May1 and buried at sea.

So, It was reported May 1 he was killed a week earlier, correct?

This has nothing really to do with the OP and having seen the ticker report on the 28th/April.

link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Are you on the East Coast, by chance? If so, that means the date might reflect the viewer's own time own their computer. 10:43 PST, 7:43 EST.

link   
reply to post by megneverlands

I just have one question, can somebody with Twitter account change the date in their phone/PC and tweet something and test if the date on the Twitter page still remains the correct date ? Just wanted to check if Twitter is picking the timestamp from the local machine/phone or at the Twitter server.

link   
Welcome to ATS, and nice post.

Yet another detail emerges that is divergent form the 'official story' that keeps changing.

link   

Originally posted by -mytym-
I'm not sure what all the confusion is. Yes, it looks like Fox jumped the gun and released the news early, but as far as I was aware, it was common knowledge that the "alleged" assassination happened up to a week earlier than the announcement. This is what made the timing of the announcement so suspiciuos. Either you would announce it immediately (within a couple of hours), or you would wait until the Monday morning.

Yes, consider this though
The famous pakistani tweeter whom tweeted the "takedown" was on the 30th
see the inconsistancy yet?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TheEndisNigh

Someone mentioned that when the stuff is archived, the ticker is removed?

I'm not sure whether that's true or not...?

link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

It says 11:43 pm when I hold the cursor over it.
2nd

link   

Originally posted by Timetraveller

I just have one question, can somebody with Twitter account change the date in their phone/PC and tweet something and test if the date on the Twitter page still remains the correct date ? Just wanted to check if Twitter is picking the timestamp from the local machine/phone or at the Twitter server.

Twitter timestamps on their servers...not where it comes from.

link   

Yes, but you have to consider that what time zone the OP lives in, unless the time in your screen cap is calibrated to your time zone and doesn't reflect their time/time zone...

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I just tried this method on a tweet that was sent about 5 minutes ago, the time matched my own computers' settings. So I assume that is where it gets the time from.

link   

Ugh I meant to ask that. Okay. Back to the drawingboard. I missed if she said what time zone she's in...

link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by -mytym-

Yes, consider this though
The famous pakistani tweeter whom tweeted the "takedown" was on the 30th
see the inconsistancy yet?

I was just gonna say the same thing Saturn. You have 2 different sources claiming this was done well after the 28th.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Timetraveller

The Twitter server.

It wouldn't work if it pulled from pc local timestamp(there would be wrong dates everywhere.... sort of like digital camera dates on pictures....) Not even the worst of the worst forums on the internet use "local" time stamps....

Verified though, just to be sure.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

No. Official story is that the raid went down at 1:30 a.m. local time in Pakistan on Monday, May 2, 2011.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join