It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion - Fight or Flee?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
I wouldn't fight. and I probably wouldn't run. if they come from space, and want to kill us, be assured they will do their job efficiently.

If they want to exterminate us, I doubt they'll get into a gun fight/slash/ray gun battle. One spray of a deadly toxin and we're gone.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by brindle
The first thing to do is to make your way to the jersey shore house in seaside.Those people are professional brawlers.They can provide security.Snooki will not hesitate to mix it up with the grey aliens.

LMAO!!! I'm from Jersey, and normally we would get offended when compared to the "Snookie" types, but that was funny!

On a serious note, I'd hide....until the fighting is over - because you can be sure that SOMEONE is going to want to fight, and I don't want to be caught in the middle. Then, when the fighting has settled down, I'd come out of hiding to try and salvage what is left of our world.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moogins
What is it with you Americans, always wanting enemies and wanting to fight.
Fun is it?

No it's just business... we set up an enemy as a friend, sell them WMD's, airplanes and other weapons... then we turn on them and wipe them out while blasting the country into the stone age under the guise of rousting insurgents...

Then we send in Halliburton to rebuild their country

We need some ET invasions to test all our new space toys
edit on 7-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
they might see us as we are seeing ape's....:-)
do ape's fight us?
edit on 7-5-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Fun is it?

Oh no, we believe in a peaceful coexistence with every nation, as long as every nation agrees with us.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If we were attacked by aliens they would take over earth before we knew what happened, there technology alone would be so much more then we can even imagine. Right now we have the technology to design a DNA weapon that would target only the people with that DNA and leave everyone ells alone, they would have so many ways to kill us all off its scary.

I don't think any of our weapons would touch them they would of designed some type of shield to protect them from all the stuff in space and enemies from attacking other planets, there has got to be some good guys out there some wheres lol. The space predators would also be smart I doubt if they would attack a planet if they thought in any way it could fight back and win. With that said I would try and hide my family under ground and fined out as much info on the aliens as I could and also look for others survivors, I wouldn't just lay down and let them kill me I would go out fighting to the end.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by brindle

Unfortunately tho distracting them before a killer blow would take nothing more than a hand puppet

(ie they are duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmb!)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dastardly666

I'd hold out a galaxy in a marble and tell the aliens I'd do the same to their galaxy if they didn't obey me. Then I'd tell em to disintegrate every religious establishment, obliterate every government building throughout the world, and insert permanent probes up Gilbert Godfried, Woody Allen, and G.W. Bush.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4478ce5ac687.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Number one thing too remember is IF IT BLEEDS IT WILL DIE. The first thing I would do is get my family to a safe place where ever that might be. Next I would try to get a hold of as many weapons and amunition as I could. There are sporting goods stores all over the place. Also look for National Guard armorys or military bases, there will be weapons there. I would also be trying to make contact with any and all people willing to fight. Once I have weapons and fellow combatants I would start planning my attack. Again If it bleeds it will die. Think about a bull dozer. Does it bleed? Of course it does, if you hit it in the right spot. You would go for the hydrolic lines. So if your fighting machines you would have to look for the weak points and target that.
Another thing to remember is that if there technology is so advanced that there is nothing we can do to stop them, and they are hell bent on killing us all then what do you have to loose. If your going to die any way you might as well take as many of them out with you as you can.

Edit: Good question OP. In the ten minutes since I read your post I came up with a novel in my head. I just put a shortned out line on this post.
edit on 21/04/1772 by JPeveto4 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Fun is it?

"War is delightful to those who have not experienced it" -- Desiderius Erasmus

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dastardly666
I'm posting this thread because National Geographic TV has a program out on 16 May 2011 called Alien Invasion - Fight or Flee? It will be one worth watching.

So, lets say there was an alien invasion, what would you do?

All we could do is curl up and die. There would be no fighting, there would be fleeing. If a race capable of traveling the stars decided to attack us, we would stand no chance. We would be at their complete mercy. We would probably never even know we were at war. All it would take would be for them to nudge an asteroid the right way and we are finished.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would pull out my bong and get really really really stoned and not care about my impending doom

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It is mostly likely "they" are among us already.

I relate it to a person that goes out into the wild to observe the wildlife.

If they are here from a universe far away it may have taken hundreds of our years just to get here.

They would not come to conquer but to observe us.

Of course we are a an odd group.

Some live in modern areas but act like animals.

Others live in abject poverty but are docile and friendly.

Some revere ordinary people because of their perceived social status.

Others have rejected this concept and live as equals.

I am sure those who have came here believe the humans that populate this planet are no different than the lower animals and the insects that also reside here.

I would probably just stay around.

After all we are all going to die someday.

edit on 7-5-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: missing words.

edit on 7-5-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by JPeveto4

You have a little bit too much faith in our weaponry sir. I doubt you would even be able to take one of them out before you were yourself annihilated. That being said, I don't think any hostile races have found us yet. Otherwise we would have already known.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

I live above, and work in, a locksmiths and DIY store. I would roll down stairs, strap on a fire axe, my trusty machete (which is kept thoroughly sharp) and some other nasty sharp things I could lay my hands on. I would then combine the parts I have been ammasing over the years, sheet steel, thick rubber sheeting, and high tensile mesh. A few hinges and straps, and a few hundred rivets, and Im armoured.

I would then go meet with a few people, one of whom has some "connections" and aquire myself some multi spectral goggles (NV, thermal,motion tracking, the whole bit), and some high power rated circuitry and a power source, and rig my blades to deliver shock damage.
Then I would visit the local military weapons test range (less than a mile from my house), and ask very nicely if, under the circumstances they wouldnt mind me snagging some ranged weaponry of some sort and perhaps something with a little more kick... like a belt of grenades.

So armed and armoured, I would go and see how much damage I could do. I do a manual job, and as a locksmith I sometimes have to operate extremely quietly. Opening a front door at three in the morning without waking the neighbours can be tricky, opening a door in an appartment block at four in the morning without waking anyone can be even harder. Long echoing hallways and wall made of thin plasterboard and spit make for a difficult task when avoiding waking the neighbours. This ability to move quietly , coupled with the strength required to do my job would at least give me a snowball in hells chance of dealing some damage in response.

Chances are I wouldnt be alone. My sister, her fiancee, his best mates, and mine...we all think alot alike, and we have all had the hard times . Chances are we would either do a hell of a lot of damage , brutalise everything with an alien pulse and go down swinging ,or just get obliterated.But we are triers and doers.

That said, I do not believe for one moment that a hostile alien take over of this planet is likely . I believe the idea has certainly been made far too much of by the media, and that the more likely scenario for communication and contact would be as collaberators in an effort. Partners in a project. Beings from this universe, united in our desire to explore and learn.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

id flee, emerge to capture a few specimens than try to develop an alien specifice bio weapon, unleash it on them and then fight whats left

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mrgrayfish115

How would you get to space?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I'm at a loss to figure out why an alien race would waste the resources to attack us. There is nothing our planet has (albeit one big thing) that other planets don't. Even that one big thing would not hold much value to them outside of the scientific. It is a common theme in many sci-fi stories that an alien race desires to use humans as slaves/soldiers or food. However, any race capable of coming here would certainly also capable of cloning any food, as well as any slaves or soldiers; they would probably also have advanced robots that would make biological servants and soldiers obsolete.

Then again, we are talking about an alien race...I doubt we could fathom their motives.
edit on 7-5-2011 by WingedBull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Fun is it?

No it's just business... we set up an enemy as a friend, sell them WMD's, airplanes and other weapons... then we turn on them and wipe them out while blasting the country into the stone age under the guise of rousting insurgents...

Then we send in Halliburton to rebuild their country

We need some ET invasions to test all our new space toys
edit on 7-5-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)
This was good stuff

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I would definitely fight. I would take my family (mother, father, little sister) into a safe spot along with my long term girlfriend. I would gather around some friends, then try to stay alive as long as possible without much harm done to myself. If aliens have the technology to reach us, especially with their "army", they may also have the weapons to take over.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join