It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Invasion - Fight or Flee?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Guns and ammo? Youre kidding right? What good would a pistol, M16 or tank do against interstellar-dimensional space traveling entities?

It absurd to think of "getting my family hidden and as many GUNS and AMMO as I can!" That very implication shows youre already not playing with a realistic deck thinking those "primitive" weapons and tactics would have any effect.

Jsut tuck your family and your own heads between your legs if that happens and kiss your lasared a-- goodbye! "Ya wouldnt stand a chance. Like pitting cavemen against a death ray....

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
all of this is assuming that the alien's aggression would be overt.

i do not think any sort of alien take over would be as obvious as a full-on invasion as seen in the movies. in fact, i think we have been in the midst of an alien take over for quite some time. subtle and covert... leeching us of our chi (life-force) and our resources right under our noses. we just are not aware of it... and that is the way they prefer it.

if and when they do reveal themselves, it will be according to their greater design and manipulation, and whether we fight nor flight will not matter, as they will be prepared for either scenario, and warp our reactions to their interests.

they are here already. they are skilled at what they do.
edit on 7-5-2011 by mythos because: clarify stuff

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Well... you know, after thousands of years of evolution, a simple stone STILL kills you so its not like old weapons are obsolete, new ones are just better... but old ones still work.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Yes guns and ammo, and a pocket knife or a piece of chain, or a can of refried beans. It doesn't matter. The point is I will not just lay down and die. If there vast superiority is so great then I will die anyway. At least I die knowing that I was not a coward. That I did all that I could do. I mean what are they going to do, kill me twice for fighting them? I don’t think so.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
If aliens have the technology to travel throughout the universe I would suspect they have weapons that could nullify ours. I think I would choose the "goin out with guns a blazin" tactic.

no

if aliens had tech to get here, they wouldnt even need to send anything, just some virus if they wanted to eliminate everyone, they would be so much more advanced in genetics that would be ridiculous

so, thats why all those movies suck and are completely ridiculous

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Some people watch waaaaaaay too much television.

And BTW...if ' they ' wanted us dead, we would have been obliterated a very long time ago.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   
several ways one could go about trying to survive this

one
hide
regroup with like minded others
red dawn 2

two
join hostile forces if option presents itself
illusion of conversion
destroy from within at precise moment

three
flee
hide
die running

your fate is your own
but mine will be within option one or two

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I believe by the time aliens pose a major threat on mankind there will be no reason for the government to hide its top secret technologies. That will be the day 'Area 51' is truly exposed and with as much trouble as the governent has had trying to cover up all these secrets, my bet is that they got some pretty impressive space age technology weaponry. laser guns maybe? in which case we may stand a chance against an alien invasion!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

how do you know this has not been done before
its more touchy now with mass communication

we are here merely for their need
once this need is satisfied
we cease to be needed

a culling is coming
coming and calling

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
We wouldnt stand a chance running or fighting. If they are hostile, we are dead, period.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

What is 'their' need? I would be interested in your opinion on this and also...I am a believer, just not in one of the options in the OP. Namely the need to fight. Or flee actually.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

their needs range i assume
like all predators

i prefer chicken and vegetables
but they may prefer some thing more morbid

what would your options entail
if it is with in your personal comfort to reveal

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Vrill

dont you think we would have homefield advantage? we could even use the resources of planet earth against them!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Truther9111776

So you obviously believe we are currently being ' devoured' by ETs right? Just wondering then if the ones chucked/thrown back are deemed to be inedible for some reason? There are plenty who can attest to being abducted and coming home so why were they not supper I wonder! Too tough? Too skinny?

ETA: I dont need to consider an option..the OP scenario will not happen.
edit on 8-5-2011 by annella because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
There could be a few scenarios that i could imagine.

1. One from our own logic would be to send artificial mechanical things to the surface of Earth to do the initial extermination.

2. They could be just looking for resources that only a living world can produce in mass quantities, so maybe they would be so powerful that they just go for the resources and ignore us completely.

3. They blow up the planet, maybe they see a time when we would be out colonizing space maybe spreading bacteria and contaminating large areas of space, and they snuff us out before we can escape our homeworld.

4. They stay in outer space and poison our atmosphere. Imagine a huge can of raid.

5. Coming from an intellectual and scientific culture, they understand the point in time we are at, since they too would have once been primative and have ancestors that lacked sophistocation. Crude ancestors that evolved over time to be what they find themselves at present. Understanding fear and panic, they keep their distance and observe us from a distance.

6. They land on Mars or the Moon, and establish a base or a Space Station, with plans to intermingle with Earth and it's lifeforms either bringing in more and more of their kind, or breeding at their inhabited locations. (This is probably the worst scenario, because their main eventual goal would probably be to interact with Earth for the forseeable future).

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I tend to think that it is not possible for Humans and another Advanced Civilization to exist at the same time. We are just so far away from another Solar System, it's just not feasible. Either they exist within our own Solar System, which still doesn't mean they could find us, we could be hiding in plain sight, but maybe we aren't what they look for...

Or what I personally think, is that we are just too far apart, and for them to make it to Earth would mean they would not exist from where they came from, because even at the speed of light, their home would be aging, while they would not. Then by the time they got to Earth we would probably not exist anymore, so who knows, it just can't work out...

Say they left their homeworld 1000 years ago, and arrived in our Solar System tommorrow, I would only surmise that they would probably have brought a high percentage of their race with them. Say a good 90% of themselves along with all of their technology, they would almost assuradely be a Nomadic race choosing to live mainly in Space traveling through the Universe, stopping at all of the interesting Planets they come across, maybe hoping to find one suitable to colonize. Who knows you know.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

you deny ignorance not i see
your editing adds to this fact

how do you know anything about the future
if you do not truly understand your past
none of us do truly

history only teaches those
that succeed in not repeating it

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truther9111776
reply to post by annella

you deny ignorance not i see
your editing adds to this fact

how do you know anything about the future
if you do not truly understand your past
none of us do truly

history only teaches those
that succeed in not repeating it

Sweetie...I have my beliefs, you yours. So all is well with our World. I have orbited the sun 58 times, trust me, I have some history.
It may be an advantage if you quit the enigmatic type posts? Just get to the point maybe is the best idea.

Oh BTW...I edited because I had a senior moment. ie: forgot a question you had.
Comes to us all!

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

You mean like the Andromeda Strain.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by annella

no disrespect meant with edit comment
merely pointing to my point of issue

my typing seems to offend some here
not simply you