It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Christianity's misdeeds were centuries ago. Please give me ONE example of modern christian (or catholic, protestant, baptist, hindu etc) terrorism. I guarantee everyone of you self-righteous zealots gets nervous anytime a young, middle eastern male boards your plane or subway. Hypocrites.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by NearPerfect
Wow, just wow. The comic irony of it all. On their way to a conference on prejudice against Muslims. We love to hate and project our insecurities onto others. People still don't realize America is a country of immigrants, all who have been discriminated against at one point or another, and the cycle continues today.

1. Come out of the wilderness my people.

2. There will be a reckoning.

There is nothing ironic about this. The other highly publicized incident with the same results involved Muslims on their way back from a Muslim propaganda conference.

These Muslims are putting on a show. Purposely frightening, and intimidating passengers and crew. Create a scene, alert the media, and settle quickly with the airlines.

These Muslims are laughing all the way to the bank with this scheme, and with the willing media, and the touchy/feely ignorants, they will probably pull this off time and time again.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Here's a novel idea. How about Arabians stay in the M.E., Europeans in Europe and everyone else in their respective countries? If we can't handle multiculturalism like big boys...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

Here's a novel idea. How about Arabians stay in the M.E., Europeans in Europe and everyone else in their respective countries? If we can't handle multiculturalism like big boys...

What a dumb idea. So where would you move? You wouldn't stay in the U.S. unless you were native American right? What about people that were born here and are clearly American, you would try to ship them off to some ancestors country? Not only does this not make sense, it is an affront to our country as a whole

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Multiculturalism is the problem. This is AMERICAN culture here. Practice your religion all you want but don't rub my face in it. That goes for ANY religion. Meanwhile, the day I know I can go to a ballgame or take my kid to Disneyland without fear that some jihad crackpot is going to blow the joint up will be the day I stop being suspicious of muslims.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
posted by truthseekerlady77:

What about me. I went to ride an amusement park ride once. Well I have a huge "chest" and the bar wouldn't latch. Guess what I had to get off the ride.I was embarrassed. So big breasted people are being discriminated against to, but do you hear an outcry for them? Heck no. See that is discrimination in of itself. Why do muslims get recognition and not us poor big breasted people. You might say I could get a reduction..well that takes money and just like the muslims I shouldn't have to change anything about myself

Don't know if this has been said yet, if it has...maybe you will realize the more you see it that there is a difference between discrimination and FOR YOUR SAFETY. Want to ride a crazy amusement park ride not totally "tied" down? That would just be totally self destructive. Flying with two Imams? One heck of a lot safer.

NO ONE living in America should have to change themselves, even if it is as indiscriminate as their clothes. ANYONE living in America should have the courtesy to realize that if people dress differently than them it is a form of self expression and FREEDOM. EVERYONE living in America that allows themselves to buy into this crap the government feeds them to fuel FEAR, would do themselves well to remember FORGIVENESS and UNDERSTANDING.

It takes a few good apples to spoil the whole bunch....that saying works for BOTH sides....
edit on 8-5-2011 by Holly N.R.A. because: wrong op

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Tekulve

Have you ever heard of the IRA?
en.wikipedia.org...

or
en.wikipedia.org...

You could also read these threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 8/5/11 by Horza because: adding info

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tekulve
Christianity's misdeeds were centuries ago. Please give me ONE example of modern christian (or catholic, protestant, baptist, hindu etc) terrorism.

There's a few modern examples here, to get you started:
en.wikipedia.org...
Wikipedia's hardly the best source, I know, but I'm sure more could be found if you look for them.

I guarantee everyone of you self-righteous zealots gets nervous anytime a young, middle eastern male boards your plane or subway. Hypocrites.

No, sorry. There are some where I am who would, sure, but personally I don't - life has more than enough risk without worrying about the off-chance of Islamist terrorism.
I'm certainly not one to jump out of my boots when a young middle-eastern uses the same method of transport as me.
I respect the sincere Muslims I meet, and admire their faith, dedication, and values, even though they follow a different holy book than I. The majority of the time, the respect is returned. Where I live is actually pretty good as far as multiculturalism goes, minus the few white supremacist nuts who are dotted around.
edit on 8/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skerrako
reply to post by Frontkjemper

What a dumb idea...

And what a dumb reply! Ever heard of sarcasm? I thought the ending of my post implied that.

This is AMERICAN culture here.

And there lies the problem. You can't have several cultures living in your country if you're not willing to bend your own culture to accommodate theirs. The "American" culture is a mix of various cultures from around the world. Even if it may not seem like it. I.e., there's a strong American Indian culture around Arizona. You can't have "Cowboys" without a touch of American-Indian.

You have to give and take. And recently, it feels like there's more "giving" from our part and "taking" on their part. At least from what I've seen in Europe.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
well, the new story being put out is that bin laden(from the grave, apparently since he's been dead since 2002) was trying to recruit in the black muslim community. I'm black, but not muslim, but you can't tell that I suppose..guess we black folks are next on the ole watch list. Some of the comments in this thread are amazingly ignorant. how did we get to a place where some of you let your fear overwhelm your common sense?
edit on 8-5-2011 by dragonseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I understand your point of view, but you cannot accept the fact that the "Muslim" religion and the fear it projects is in the minds of many in the United States and abroad.

Your right, I will not accept fear to guide my life. The same people that are fearful of Muslims probably were fearful of black people sitting in the front of the bus or going to school with white children. Pure discrimination.

Granted the 9/11 hijackers were not dressed in Muslim garb, yet the garb identifies these men as "Muslim" which invokes the memory of 9/11.

Muslims do not invoke the memory of 9/11 any more than seeing a Japanese person invokes pearl harbor. Dick Cheney invokes the memory of 9/11 more than anybody. How long are you going to live in fear from a perceived threat that most likely not exist? there are 1.5 billion Muslims in this world and 99% of them are just like us, trying to work there wayt through life in the most basic way possible.

During world war II, the swastika was a symbol that inspired fear. The Japanese were feared as possible spies because of the bombing of Pearl Harbor.

And how many spies did we find? What did we accomplish by imprisoning Japanese-Americans in internment camps? People LEFT Japan for a better life here, and then that life was turned into a prison because of actions out of their control.

The U.S. has killed over 1 million civilians in the war on terror. 9/11 killed 3,000. So by my calculation we have given other families in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Libya and Yemen more that 333 TIMES the amount of anguish we felt on 9/11. So stop memorializing 9/11 and demonizing American citizens dressing to their religious standards and realize who the real terrorists are.

Or continue to be a blinded sheep to the propaganda, your choice.

edit on 8-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

a cowboy hat? i hope that's a joke. there are over 2.2 billion muslims in the world, and hardly a fraction of them are radicals.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0rg0n3
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

a cowboy hat? i hope that's a joke. there are over 2.2 billion muslims in the world, and hardly a fraction of them are radicals.

But at least 25% are. That's 550 million we got to watch out for.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Carseller4 because: no reason

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tekulve

Christianity's misdeeds were centuries ago. Please give me ONE example of modern christian (or catholic, protestant, baptist, hindu etc) terrorism. I guarantee everyone of you self-righteous zealots gets nervous anytime a young, middle eastern male boards your plane or subway. Hypocrites.

There are hundreds of articles of priests sexual abusing children, and I would describe that as terrorism.

No, I do not get nervous when I see Muslims anywhere, because I have broken free of the fear-driven U.S. propaganda.

Don't think for a minute that all of us here are as scared and discriminatory as you.

Just because you can't do it does not mean other people can't.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Terrible comments xavi, but should we really be posting actual names?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Horza

Yes, I've heard of the IRA. They were insidious but pretty much kept their crap within the confines of Ireland. When you can show me some radical Irishman who are here in the US taking down skyscrapers, I might give your point some consideration.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jatsc
There is no need to be afraid of anyone wear a certain type of clothes anyone who does so is a bigot period.
Anyone who would blame all for the actions of a few needs to have something happen to them to make them understand how the people discriminated against feel.

Would this have happen if the men were dressed in traditional South American, African, Japanese, Chinese or Indian clothing.

Unfortunately most Americans can't or won't differentiate any traditional wear thats not jeans and a T-shirt anyway. The fear comes from difference and clothes are the most obvious difference. The real fear should come from whats in someones head, and no one else can know that.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How ignorant and bigoted can you get?

Would black people be removed because they made some hillbilly mad?

Would brown people be removed because a Californian thought they might be hispanic?

Would Jews be removed because the neo-Nazis were uncomfortable?

IT'S THE SAME THING.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Simple ...

This shows just how shallow, bigoted and generally screwed-up some people are. Drag your heads out of propaganda and enter reality.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by moogins

Your right I would of been like..."If you dont feel comfortable, gtfo"

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join