It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Warranted? Really? How so?

Like I said, because of the current climate of fear related to Muslim terrorists and 9/11.

By what standards?

There are no standards, this was an unprecedented attack on innocent civilians on American soil. I understand your point of view, but you cannot accept the fact that the "Muslim" religion and the fear it projects is in the minds of many in the United States and abroad.

Granted the 9/11 hijackers were not dressed in Muslim garb, yet the garb identifies these men as "Muslim" which invokes the memory of 9/11. If you were conscious of how your garb would be unsettling to passengers on the plane, why wear it? (Please spare me because it's a free country. Just because it's a free country doesn't mean you can yell fire in a crowded a theater).

During world war II, the swastika was a symbol that inspired fear. The Japanese were feared as possible spies because of the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Attacking and killing people in the name of a religion, ideology or country has its consequences. Is it right, absolutely not, but why push the envelope when it's not needed?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm not surprised ....majority of people are dumbed down to point with no return

After Japan disaster

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
I'm not surprised ....majority of people are dumbed down to point with no return

After Japan disaster

It really is a shame those are only a small percentage of people too...Imagine now all the people who haven't been documented who secretly say that or have not been put up in a collage... lost hope in the world the first time I saw that collage . I still have very little hope for the world today... very sad.
edit on 8-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by moogins

Wow, I agree with the Op, I can't believe this is happening in 2011. I'm sure if they weren't wearing their Islamic attire they would of flew on that plane with no complaints against them.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Baptists, born again; most protestants actually make me uncomfortable, and I think they should not be alowed in planes, this is a good step towards that goal, hell, why not ban them all from any kind of travelling?

Surely jesus can teleport them around if they stop fornicating, worshiping saints and pray hard enough while accepting him as their personal saviour

edit on 8-5-2011 by oniris because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Stared at? Perhaps. But lynched? Someone in full Muslim garb in NYC might get a lot of nervous looks, maybe even get heckled and abused. But they would not be lynched. You have no basis for stating that and it demonstrates an appalling lack of faith in the tolerance of the people of NYC, even after a vicious terrorist attack.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oniris

Oh great, sure, let's ban travel for a huge branch of religions. While we're at it, let's make it so that you need to be an atheist to use transport. That's a very wise and indiscriminate idea

As a Christian, those aggressive anti-theists who to force their dogma down the throats of the religious annoy me, make me feel uncomfortable even, but you don't see me complaining about needing to share a plane with them.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Back in the day, whites would segregate blacks because they 'didn't feel comfortable' sharing the same areas with them. It seems that very sentiment hasn't died out yet, only changed over the years. It's not so different from the distrust of Christians in some Muslim lands, but the west still tend to claim the moral high ground

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by HardbeatAcolyte

Uh, if that was addressed to me... I was being ironic, mate.

Plus, when's the last time you heard a christian pick on the heretical protestant?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by oniris

Uh, if that was addressed to me... I was being ironic, mate.

Plus, when's the last time you heard a christian pick on the heretical protestant?

I couldn't tell that you were being ironic, sorry about that
It can be a little hard to gauge sometimes, with the wild views some people out there have.
Well, maybe I hear some Christians disparage Protestants occasionally, but you're right, it's pretty rarely

edit on 8/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

The passengers may have felt the energy of evil emanating from those Imams. Who knows? It could be predjudice. But I wouldn't blame the passengers. I'm no friend of Moslems and it is not a secret. A such, my view could have been distorted. But obviously the passengers were disturbed by something that they could not explain. Why don't they just kick all the moslems out of the US? Live happily without the feeling of disgusts.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Hehe, no problem, lol; anyway, these news are as sad as they get...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

You do realize that the Muslims weren't kicked off the plane because they didn't fit in the seats right? The reasons between your situation and their's is completely different. Had you been able to fit in the ride they would have gladly let you on. It was for YOUR safety. What would have happened if they disregarded their regulations and you ended up getting hurt? They would have had a nice lawsuit on their hands. It wasn't because everyone else on the ride felt uncomfortable by your presence.

So... no... you were NOT discriminated against.

I swear this is worse than back in the day when African-Americans were forced to sit in the back of the bus... at least they were allowed on the bus.

My faith in humanity continues to dwindle...

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
We had 3000 people die in the name of their religion. Sorry, but if there were ever a case for racial profiling, it is muslims in airports. This is the same religion that straps bombs on the backs of kids. If I were on that plane, I'd have started a standing ovation.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

duh, what is your point,number one if the bar dont close your gonna fall out and die, would you have rather signed a waiver and died, you felt discriniated agaist , it was not nice, but it was not discrimination it was health and safety, anyway, i think this whole debarcle just shows what an insular bigoted ignorant race the americans are

link   
Screw America. Bunch of uneducated, backwater, redneck, dubs.

link   
reply to post by DeadBirdCitizen

you are right I was exaggerating . I do that often... Sorry. I use to live in NYC so I know how the people are there

reply to post by notsoperfect

but one of America's purpose was to get away from being to worship the government's religion... to be able to freely worship whatever you want... you can't just pick up all the muslims and ship them out of the US..

Originally posted by Tekulve
We had 3000 people die in the name of their religion. Sorry, but if there were ever a case for racial profiling, it is muslims in airports. This is the same religion that straps bombs on the backs of kids. If I were on that plane, I'd have started a standing ovation.

you are a sad excuse for a human being.
edit on 8-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Wow, just wow. The comic irony of it all. On their way to a conference on prejudice against Muslims. We love to hate and project our insecurities onto others. People still don't realize America is a country of immigrants, all who have been discriminated against at one point or another, and the cycle continues today.

1. Come out of the wilderness my people.

2. There will be a reckoning.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I think some of the people here at least think that humans are "more evolved" than when we were in the stone ages, I would suggest quite the opposite.

We are the same people we were back then, just with new technology to kill each other with, that we should not even have in the first place.

Throughout history we have always hated some group of people, and its going to continue unless we find a way to get off of earth and be away from the diverse mixture of cultures or something.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tekulve

Question: how many people have been killed in the name of Christianity?
As a Christian, I'm not knocking Christianity itself by any means, but I do think that saying that because radicals have killed in the name of Islam, that it is the 'religion that straps bombs on the backs of kids' is a pretty weak argument against the entire faith. Otherwise you should also say that Christianity is the religion that launches crusades, slaughters unbelievers, defends slavery, murders abortion providers, and so on.
edit on 8/5/11 by HardbeatAcolyte because: elaboration

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join