It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Yesterday, Friday May 7 2011, what a sad day it is in the history of my country. It is the day America fell backwards.

Muslim group: two imams pulled from plane bound for North Carolina

An airline is investigating the removal of two imams from a flight headed to North Carolina, ostensibly because passengers felt uncomfortable with their presence of the pair -- both clad in Islamic attire.

Ha, "Islamic Attire"! They sure must still be hiding something after the TSA sexually assaulted their persons. Funny that they still were able to catch another flight without any complaints huh?

Now heres the kicker!

The two -- who hold high religious positions in the Muslim community -- were headed to North Carolina for a conference on prejudice against Muslims, or Islamaphobia. The meeting is sponsored by the North American Imams Federation.

Oh the irony!

So what year do we live in again? Surely not in the year 2011! Even the pilot said "hell no I do not want them on my plane!". So much for America home of the free, founded with free speech and religious tolerance....

Tell me would all of this still would have happened if they decided not to wear traditional Islamic attire?
edit on 7-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

+43 more 
posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
They should have removed the other passengers that complained too and put them on another flight too. If they too complained then say "well you didnt feel comfortible on that flight, so were arranging a new one, the next day"

That will teach them to flap their big ignorant gobs.

EDIT: Actually I would have let the 2 Muslim passengers stay and deboard the person that "felt uncomfortable" and dont refund their ticket, after all they decided NOT TO FLY.

After all, they where not comfortable.

OR if they complained loud enough, have them arrested for causing a disturbance in an airplane

edit on 7-5-2011 by moogins because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

I can't say that I blame them for being scared with all the reports of retaliation attacks. Look if muslims don't like this, the door is open for them to leave.

Here is my problem with the so called Peaceful Islamist----I hardly never hear them speaking out against the radicals. Unfortunately because of the radicals people are going to have a hard time trusting any of them because right now we are unable to tell if they are radical or not by just looking at them. Unless your psychic, so it's obvious that there is going to be fear. You can't blame them. That's what the radicals wanted though...terror. Blame them when you get kicked off a plane for being Muslim, not the people that are just a little scared and rightfully so. I mean the more Muslim garb you wear the more suspicious you will be.

Maybe perhaps they could change their clothing while flying and wear a cowboy hat. I mean sometimes you have to make sacrifices , it's only clothing after all..I seriously doubt Allah really gives a rip about what you are wearing. So it only makes sense that you dress for the occasion and change your clothes while flying. It will make life much easier for you.
edit on 7-5-2011 by truthseekerlady77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is going to spark something really bad, horrible and at the moment I believe of be unmanageable.

Jamie.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Wow... I don't know what to say about that.

Some people are so stoopid... (spelling is on purpose for emphasis)

"Because we're uncomfortable" doesn't constitute a valid reason to embarrass people because of their faith.

They need to shut their mouths and realize that most of the rest of the world sees us that way. They'd be just as happy if we vanished and let things well enough alone. I don't know if these people really pay attention, but America isn't on the best terms with the global community right now.
edit on 7-5-2011 by BioStatistic because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77
reply to post by fordrew

I can't say that I blame them for being scared with all the reports of retaliation attacks. Look if muslims don't like this, the door is open for them to leave.

Here is my problem with the so called Peaceful Islamist----I hardly never hear them speaking out against the radicals. Unfortunately because of the radicals people are going to have a hard time trusting any of them because right now we are unable to tell if they are radical or not by just looking at them. Unless your psychic, so it's obvious that there is going to be fear. You can't blame them. That's what the radicals wanted though...terror. Blame them when you get kicked off a plane for being Muslim, not the people that are just a little scared and rightfully so. I mean the more Muslim garb you wear the more suspicious you will be. Maybe perhaps they could change their clothing while flying and wear a cowboy hate. I mean sometimes you have to make sacrifices , it's only clothing after all..I seriously doubt Allah really gives a rip about what you are wearing. So it only makes sense that you dress for the occasion and change your clothes while flying. It will make life much easier for you.

Do you know how discriminating and selfish that is? That was outright bang out of order! :@ Words can not describe how angry I am at you right now.

How do you sleep at night?

Jamie.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Would be funny if the pilot walked up and down the cabin mid flight and was a Muslim

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
What! The people complaining is bad enough, but the airline actually removing them from the flight? That's terrible. Hopefully the two sue the a^^ off of the airline, this sort of prejudice has to stop.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BioStatistic

You shouldn't call other people "stoopid" when you are unable to completely evaluate the whole situation. The people that are frightened have just as much right to speak up about their fears as the other side does. They both have rights you know .

Truth is everyone is discriminated against several times in there lifetimes. But I feel doubly discriminated against since everyone is feeling bad for the Muslim on the air flight and not me..What about me. I went to ride an amusement park ride once. Well I have a huge "chest" and the bar wouldn't latch. Guess what I had to get off the ride.I was embarrassed. So big breasted people are being discriminated against to, but do you hear an outcry for them? Heck no. See that is discrimination in of itself. Why do muslims get recognition and not us poor big breasted people. You might say I could get a reduction..well that takes money and just like the muslims I shouldn't have to change anything about myself

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

LOL! You obviously aren't getting my point. Sometimes people don't like the truth. Looks like you might be one of them.

I would tell you sorry for making you feel that way, but it looks like you think I am discriminatory and don't care about other feeling, so I will not bother.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
because if they were real terrorists they would have dressed in full Islamic garb and screamed Allahu Akbar while they were on flight right? WRONG. Its something called subtlety right and exercising discretion. If I wanted to blow up a plane doing it in full Muslim attire would not be what I would want to do because I will have everyone staring at me..

If you or if I wear full Islamic garb in the middle of the Western world, say a city like New York City, YOU WILL have anyone who passes you have a good look at you. So much for exercising subtlety if you want to do something devious. If you did wear full Islamic garb you will be lynched if you were standing in the middle of NYC. YOU will be stared at because you look different..
edit on 7-5-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
The ACLU is going to be all over this. If the passengers were uncomfortable, then they should have been the ones to exit the plane and take a later flight. The two Muslims went through the TSA approved security check before boarding the plane. Those passengers were either being disingenuous about their fear or they have a mental illness that needs to be medicated to control their phobia.

+37 more 
posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Look if muslims don't like this, the door is open for them to leave.

Look, if people don't like flying with others who happen to be different, then THEY are free to leave the airplane and find a flight that they feel more comfortable on!

Here is my problem with the so called Peaceful Islamist----I hardly never hear them speaking out against the radicals.

How often have you heard them speak at all? Where do you expect to hear them? Have you googled Moderate Muslims Against Terrorism to see what they have to say? Or do you sit behind your computer waiting for them to come to your door and put your mind at ease?

Free Muslims.org
Silent Majority Muslims Struggle to be Heard

Maybe perhaps they could change their clothing while flying and wear a cowboy hat. I mean sometimes you have to make sacrifices..

Is that the way freedom works in your country? Do YOU dress to please other people so that they will be comfortable around you?

it's only clothing after all.

Exactly. It's only clothing.

link   

So since 9/11 security has gotten much tighter and Americans have to put up with more invasions of our privacy
to make everyone safer. We have to just deal with all the changes and repercussions of what happened but people of Islamic background should feel no inconveniences, repercussions or scrutiny?

That's just human nature to be suspicious. Racism isn't right but if you are jumped by a gang of say, black guys and beaten and robbed then you ARE going to be nervous everytime you see black people coming down the street towards you..

link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

Are you, by any chance, from Texas?

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

It's a lose / lose situation. Just like lots of other issues we are facing everyday.Muslims shouldn't be put up on a pedestal every time they feel they are suffering, as all of us are suffering due to many different causes. Open your eyes and take a look around you...EVERYONE has/is suffering. They need to get over themselves. BTW I am now planning a "Your breasts are too big to ride that ride Discrimination Seminar" Hope to see everyone crying for my hurt feelings in the near future.

Oh and BTW.. The Imams had to have known this was a possibility, I mean look they were going to a seminar on Islam discrimination for heaven's sake!

I am done with this..if you don't get my message by now, you never will (Oh look there, another discrimination).

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

So since 9/11 security has gotten much tighter and Americans have to put up with more invasions of our privacy
to make everyone safer. We have to just deal with all the changes and repercussions of what happened but people of Islamic background should feel no inconveniences, repercussions or scrutiny?

That's just human nature to be suspicious. Racism isn't right but if you are jumped by a gang of say, black guys and beaten and robbed then you ARE going to be nervous everytime you see black people coming down the street towards you..

You make a good point! I'm sorry, I guess I was just overwhelmed with emotion after I read it that I acted purely on impulse, forgive me.

Jamie.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

LOL! You obviously aren't getting my point. Sometimes people don't like the truth. Looks like you might be one of them.

I would tell you sorry for making you feel that way, but it looks like you think I am discriminatory and don't care about other feeling, so I will not bother.

Sorry, I acted on impulse then.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Wow, you seem to understand my points, but for some reason you still seem to be debating me. How odd. Maybe you didn't notice my other replies.

I said it's a lose/lose situation that occurs all the time.

And to the person who asked, Are you from Texas? my response, No, but should I be?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join