It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Create discomfort and fear, alert media, quickly settle with airline, have a great story for next Muslim Conference.

Who doesn't understand this?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A thought from across the ocean. I can understand the pilot and passenger being fearful. It does not say much for the trust that they had in your airport gropers. But even still I would be pretty reluctant to board a US flight or even a train right now, especially after the little USA USA celebration you guys had when OBL was announced dead.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77
reply to post by BioStatistic

You shouldn't call other people "stoopid" when you are unable to completely evaluate the whole situation. The people that are frightened have just as much right to speak up about their fears as the other side does. They both have rights you know .

innocent until PROVEN GUILTY

like it or not but this applies to EVERYONE.

Next thing you know scared white ppl will have ppl like me riding on the back of buses again because they are scared. The 2 men bought tickets and had a right to be on the plane, and all because of stupid sheeple the had to have their rights violated. Point is, where does this kind of bs stop?! Never, because people like you say oh its OK to do it to them. Same bs that gave birth to the patriot act. jesus christ people.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tekulve

Originally posted by Frontkjemper
Here's a novel idea. How about Arabians stay in the M.E., Europeans in Europe and everyone else in their respective countries? If we can't handle multiculturalism like big boys...

Multiculturalism is the problem. This is AMERICAN culture here. Practice your religion all you want but don't rub my face in it. That goes for ANY religion. Meanwhile, the day I know I can go to a ballgame or take my kid to Disneyland without fear that some jihad crackpot is going to blow the joint up will be the day I stop being suspicious of muslims.

I can only hope the majority of the people in this country don't think this way.

If so, we are so screwed.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I fully support the people who complained about these Imans wearing symbols of bigotry and hatred, and that is exactly what I see, just as I support those who do not accept people wearing KKK robes or NAZI uniforms on flights.

You can't choose your race or nationality of origin, but you can choose your religion.

Just as people have a right to choose to support a religion, they have a right to oppose a religion.

These Imans chose to flaunt their bigoted religion in other peoples face.

The people who complained chose to express their distaste of that flaunting.

The airline reacted by getting rid of the problem, which is the Imans flaunting their bigoted religion.

Hopefully we will see more of this.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Question Fate

Sheoples don't complain, they keep their mouths shut.

The people who complain are the ones defending their liberty, as a part of that liberty is the right to oppose a religion whose leaders openly support bigotry and terrorism.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
We don't know the full story, middle east passengers fly dressed like this all the time with no problems.
This flight pulled away from the gate and taxied to the take off ramp before the pilot noticed a problem.

There was apparently a conflict between passengers that escalated into a risk situation, regardless of fault.

The Rosa Parks analogy may apply but we can't be sure without more evidence.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I fully support the people who complained about these Imans wearing symbols of bigotry and hatred, and that is exactly what I see, just as I support those who do not accept people wearing KKK robes or NAZI uniforms on flights.

Ah my friend you have it backwards. Liberty in this country means you can wear what ever you want, as long as it does not interfere with someone elses liberty. While I would never support anyone in KKK robes or nazi uniforms, I respect their right to wear them, which is true American spirit.

Tell me: should the government start regulating what we wear on airplanes? on the street? In our homes?

edit:

The people who complain are the ones defending their liberty, as a part of that liberty is the right to oppose a religion whose leaders openly support bigotry and terrorism.

Are you serious? Freedom is not "opposing a religion" just look at our 1st Amendment! You are an enemy of freedom when you start interfering with other peoples freedom, and in this case it is religious. Stop Generalizing as well, a small minority condone terrorism, and there are many Muslims outspoken against terrorism

Bigots like you are blinded by the fear of an unseen enemy, which is tragic for everyone.

First Amendment:

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

emphasis added
www.usconstitution.net...
edit on 8-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-5-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Create discomfort and fear, alert media, quickly settle with airline, have a great story for next Muslim Conference.

Who doesn't understand this?

sounds plausible.

If America is such a hell hole for Muslims, why are their numbers increasing each year?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Fat people make me feel uncomfortable when I am in an elevator with them.

Is it acceptable for me to say "Hey tubby mind catching the next one alone?" now?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I think this it totally ridiculous!

I can appreciate a certain level of anxiety given recent acts but you can't label every muslim an extremist.
This is quite frankly racist and the person who had them removed effectively judged a whole group of people and tarred them with the same brush.

What happened to positive intent?

If the anxiety was founded in the sense that these gentlemen were playing up certain behaviours that would intentionally lead people to be uncomfortable, then a reaction is expected.
However, if this is in fact just two men dressed in full garb then I'm sorry but it's wrong.

Like I said, I can appreciate the fear factor but seriously. It's not fair on 99% of the Muslims who are normal hardworking people like you and I.

If this is how people act, then how can we possibly expect any sort of co-existance between races or faiths?

Besides - this is exactly what the extremists want. Fear. These people need to be a bit stronger about things in my opinion. The last thing I'm going to do is let the past actions affect the way I treat anybody.
I can't assume that everyone is going to be a negative influence on my life because thats not the way I want to live.

Be observant by all means, and act if necessary. But don't assume purely based on clothing.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Bunch of freaking retards. the 9/11 hijackers weren't dressed in middle eastern garbs...they looked like IT guys.

pathetic worms.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
How ignorant and bigoted can you get?

Would black people be removed because they made some hillbilly mad?

Would brown people be removed because a Californian thought they might be hispanic?

Would Jews be removed because the neo-Nazis were uncomfortable?

IT'S THE SAME THING.

Nice try race baiter.

-Black people didn't hijack planes.

-Brown people didn't crash said planes into occupied skyscrapers.

-Jews didn't dance in the streets when 3000 innocent people got snuffed out just because they decided to go to work one day.

As for neo Nazis--since you mention them--if they showed up to an airport donning swastikas and red suspenders, they would be tailed by an entire undercover security detail the minute they pulled up to the curb. After that, they would get the deluxe grope at the gate. Abhorrent as neo Nazis are, they don't hijack planes either. But be assured, they would get more scrutiny than a young middle eastern male. It's PC.
edit on 8-5-2011 by Tekulve because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77

Originally posted by dl2one

fast forward to 1:20.

HAHA! This was a great video. I haven't laughed that hard in so long. Thank you.

After reading your stance in this thread, I look back and cannot understand why you are laughing at this... priceless.
edit on 8-5-2011 by dl2one because: just.. wow

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

I am not sure where you got off the boat but obviously it is not apparent to you that tolerance and acceptance is non-negotiable in a free world.

You speak of sacrifice, tell me the last time you had to be kicked off a plane because you were wearing a baseball cap instead of a turban. Yeah, I thought so. It is easy to spew intolerance and prejudice when you're the one sitting on the side lines, safe and sound. Grow up. Deny Ignorance.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bordon81
We don't know the full story, middle east passengers fly dressed like this all the time with no problems.
This flight pulled away from the gate and taxied to the take off ramp before the pilot noticed a problem.

There was apparently a conflict between passengers that escalated into a risk situation, regardless of fault.

The Rosa Parks analogy may apply but we can't be sure without more evidence.

Do you have a source for your claim?

How do you know that is what happened?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Question Fate

Sheoples don't complain, they keep their mouths shut.

like Christianity?

too soon?

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dl2one

I think this video is more applicable for the article :

Onto the topic itself, despite the lack of a full story I am still quite shocked that in this day and age people would be ignorant enough to think :

a) All muslims are 'terrorists' determined to bring down the USA

b) Anyone wishing to commit terror would dress so obviously which would naturally draw attention, as i'm sure dressed like that they got a good going over at the security checkpoints (often you see non-whites being given 'random' extra security examinations, I remember on a school trip a while ago an indian guy in our group got his bag cut open because they thought he might have had a bomb and couldnt get past the lock on his bag. Crazy.)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Awesome, next time I am flying, I am gonna dress up in as a comic book character like Batman and see what happens

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Damn... A lot of people here hate muslims.

Open question: Since I'm "free to leave" if I don't like the way myself, or my mother, or my wife, or my children are treated as muslims, where the hell am I gonna go considering I'm from Baltimore, my father and mother are from New Orleans, my grand parents are from New Orleans, and so forth? What am I supposed to get up and move to Saudi Arabia, a country that's on my sh*tlist?

I feel like people say bigoted things, and then follow it up with "Islam is a faith for bigots". Makes no sense if you ask me.
edit on 8-5-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join