It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Muslim Men Removed From An Airplane Because Passengers Said They Were Uncomfortable.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialKiller

Originally posted by dragonridr
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

Im with you on this i have a feeling they might have caused the situation for publicity. For example could have said some things in front of passengers before boarding. I can tell you if they didnt appear to pose a threat i find it unlikely the airline would have delayed them. So something must have made the airline nervous as well since thousands of Muslims ride planes every day what made these two different?

Diffrence bettwen them and the thousands of muslims is that these two men were wearing an Islamic Attire which made some concerned, the airline/captain/ATS which should function according to rules and regulations went ahead and moved them from the flight, the case raises some serious question related to discrementation and stereotyping such as; Do we have any moral voice left? What has become of our judgmeent standards?? if they were priests would you see it happening? and with similar cases, which do we value the most what is illegal or what is inhuman?

Your comment and lady's 77 makes me wonder if you even followed the link and read the story, this is CNN not "Charlie is so cool like" channel on the youtube, if they were any suspicions surronding the two of them - after running the security check twice - dont you think it would have been mentioned ??

edit on 9-5-2011 by SerialKiller because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by SerialKiller because: better explanation
\

Wow read between the lines much come on just because they were wearing Muslim dress doesn't make the least bit of difference. You must not travel out of any major airport do you? Every time i go on business trips i see someone dressed in traditional Muslim robes. So obviously that wasnt the reason i can tell you that passenger complaints will not get you bumped from a flight.The only way this would happen is if a passenger made an accusation and that can get them sued. So there had to be a reason the airline moved there boarding pass. To prevent lawsuits from the ACLU they wouldnt dare hold them back for no reason therefore theres something were not getting in the story.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by Annee

My point being that most Nuns do not wear habits when traveling, to avoid drawing attention to themselves.

Not only out of humility, but so as not to impose their religious beliefs upon others.

That is the point.

I know that - - that is not the point.

Stop avoiding the issue. If you saw a Priest IN ROBE or a Nun IN HABIT or a Buddhist Monk IN ROBE - - - you wouldn't think twice about it.

You would not think they had ulterior motives. You would not think they dressed that way on purpose to be kicked off a plane - - so they could discuss it later.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I am not sure I understand the point you are making. I don't think nuns have blown up planes so they haven't even sparked a slight fear in anyone. But once a NUN does, not that I would discriminate, but I would certainly be a little worried.

I have seen lots of Muslims rallying around chanting death to america and holding up signs a crap like that. So I am willing to bet there are a lot more Muslims to be fearful of than there are nuns or even priest...although if we were back in the middle ages a priest might scare me if I saw him riding by me on his horse, cause they were all kinds of crazy back then. Oh and then there is the sexual molestation that lots of priests have been caught doing recently..TRUST ME IF I saw a priest, me and my daughter are out of there. I am not taking the chances. Just saying.

I would have said let the people that are uncomfortable have an option for another flight and let them choose...but I believe it was the pilot that had issues. LOL

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77
reply to post by Annee

I am not sure I understand the point you are making. I don't think nuns have blown up planes so they haven't even sparked a slight fear in anyone.

Unacceptable.

That's like saying every white guy blows up buildings in Oklahoma.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
based on comments here, it would appear no one noticed this part of the article:

Hooper said officials re-screened them and found they were no threat. While officials tried to get the men back on the plane, "the pilot absolutely refused and ultimately took off," Hooper said.

Fat, middle-class white people scare me. I'm going to demand they all get removed from the plane next time I fly. They all remind me of Ted Kaczinsy.

silly rabbit! Ted Kaczinsky was fashionably thin, and his socioeconomic status was at poverty level.
two more pluses about Mr. Kaczinsky:
1. he single handedly started the Hoodie trend, very fashionable amongst todays youth
2. he wasn't lazy, he was a man of action

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

Two Muslim men kicked off an airplane?
Hmm. Well hopefully this happened mid-flight.

I'm sorry. I literally could not resist.

Next time please do.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
shocking ..if i was a Muslim id sue the air line for every penny they had ..i'm privileged to know many Muslims and for them to be victimized in this way is a disgrace!! it's racism pure and simple

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Wow, that is insanity. If the TSA ever stop molesting people, and I fly again, I am going to complain about all the fat people, being uncomfortable about the plane being bogged down and crashing. Worth a try anyways.

Since when do airlines act like this? Well, I guess those of you that endure molestations, radiation and still fly that are angry can boycott that airline that did it...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekerlady77
reply to post by fordrew

I can't say that I blame them for being scared with all the reports of retaliation attacks. Look if muslims don't like this, the door is open for them to leave.

Maybe perhaps they could change their clothing while flying and wear a cowboy hat. I mean sometimes you have to make sacrifices

Hijackers never wear "Islamist" garb, whatever that means...
The 9-11 hijackers were all dressed in casual or business attire. Look it up. Oh, while we are at it, we should force Hasidic Jews to take off their skull caps and trim their side curls.. Or force Sikhs to wear a cowboy hat.. If they don't like it, they can leave.

A very unamerican, bigoted viewpoint. You'd make David Duke proud.
edit on 5/9/2011 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sitchin
shocking ..if i was a Muslim id sue the air line for every penny they had ..i'm privileged to know many Muslims and for them to be victimized in this way is a disgrace!! it's racism pure and simple

Someone (unknowingly) gets it.

The plan going in.

1. Dress in Muslim attire.
2. Discreetly cause a ruckus. Rile up passengers and crew.
3. Get kicked off plane.
4. Alert media.
5. Quickly settle with airline.

It's happened before, and probably will again.

2 major times this has happened. The one thing in common. Both groups were traveling to or from Muslim Conferences.

Are you people blind?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

fair enough, guess we have to wait for another update on the story....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

If you find Muslim countries abhorrent, then it should lead you to question the way you have chosen to worship God.

Alright cowboy, let me stop you hear before you start believing what you are saying:

First and foremost, ignorance is an issue with you. You can never understand what is going on if you keep your mindset as it is.

Second of all, the religion you have issues with is not Islam in general it is Wahabi Islam. And, as funny as it is, these Wahabi animals are your #1 business partner amongst the Muslim countries! Now to continue pummeling your ignorance.

You say that you have to protect those from the ideologies of the KKK, Nazis, and Islam. Now by doing this ( I don't think you realize these things) you let us have a look-see under that thinking cap of yours. So in response, I would like to ask; who is going to protect THOSE people from YOUR ideologies? Yes, even members of the KKK and the Nazis are human, really stupid humans but humans nonetheless. And, try not to pull a Godwin yeh? Thank you.

If you don't believe women are inferior to men

In Christianity(regardless of protestant or not) the MAN is the head of the family, the WOMAN is the body. The body always follows the head. (Christian teachings - not mine)

if you are happy with the women in your family dressing like everyone else, you believe your daughter should go to school, you don't teach your son that women are inferior, and non-muslim women are whores, if you don't teach your son that your religious beliefs make you better than non-muslims,

This is just desperate fear mongering, just like the multitude of posts show hints of desperation in argument. I bet you think you just made an argument huh?

why not explore other ways that people worship?

This is rich coming from the guy bashing Islam. Hey, why don't you go to Saudi Arabia your #1 trade partner and indulge in some of their religious past time activities like beating women in the streets and squares, going to underage prostitutes (which if you're white, is your past time activity on holidays - this is how you sound) and forcing women to stay at home and not get an education?

See, what is done to you is far worse than what was done to those two imams on the plane. You are lost in fear and ignorance. It is a lot harder for you to get out of your predicament than it is for those two imams to get on another plane. I suggest you read.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by poet1b

This is rich coming from the guy bashing Islam. Hey, why don't you go to Saudi Arabia your #1 trade partner and indulge in some of their religious past time activities like beating women in the streets and squares, going to underage prostitutes (which if you're white, is your past time activity on holidays - this is how you sound) and forcing women to stay at home and not get an education?

Well, this is quite a contradicting image, and i find it hard to comprahend since im here in saudi arabia at the moment

guess both of you need to get your facts straight.
edit on 10-5-2011 by SerialKiller because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Ah the Hysteria and Paranoia...

...feeds the Bigotry and xenophobia.!!

Aren't the sheeple soooo predictable and dumb.

Cosmic...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by henriquefd

I will add that to the list of reasons why I don't want to live in the US.

You have have a list? Why now would that be? Clearly you have prejudices against the U.S..

And you travel to Dubai and Jordan, hmm.

The only nuns I noticed in my travels in S America, are the ones collecting charity donations. Being that Latin America is predominately catholic, they are more common there, than in the U.S.. No surprises about that. You also don't see many nuns in Japan, or those areas of Asia as well, or many parts of Europe.

So you don't care about freedom of speech, or ones ability to stand up for ones beliefs. Please stay out of the U.S., you are doing us a favor.

Yeah, I could say I have a list of reasons why I wouldn't want to live in US. I have not written it, but there are many things you could add to a list. For starters, I still don't know how you guys accept TSA manhandling you like that. I am no xenophobic, dude. I am 33 years old and I have been travelling the world ever since I was 4. I have a long list of places I have been and I ahve had a lot of fun in US. I have been to Disneyworld 7 times. I have been to Vegas, to LA, Boston, NY, and even to small places, like Warren in Ohio. I have travelled in US by train, car and airplane. I have done a road trip from Tampa Bay to New Orleans, once. I have slept in road side motels and eaten breakfast with Alabama truck drivers. So I dont fit your stereotype of a foreigner who has never been to US and is xenophobic about it.

I have dear friends in US and most of the people I have met there are great. But no, I wouldn't want to live there. And I stand by my point that Freedom of Speech can only allow you so much. Your freedom to speak your mind. It shouldn't allow people to remove others from the airplane. If there is any prejudice being discussed here, is from US citizens towards muslims.

As for staying away from US, that is not up to you to decide. I like to visit there. Just never met a place I could say "It would be nice to live the rest of my life here."

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SerialKiller

Well, this is quite a contradicting image, and i find it hard to comprahend since im here in saudi arabia at the moment

guess both of you need to get your facts straight.

You are doing what in Saudi Arabia? Staying in a hotel? Thought so.

It's just the fact that you're ignorant about what goes on in that country...are you intentionally lying or intentionally ignorant?

It's all good for people like you yes, the tourist for business or pleasure. What even gives you the idea to come on here and say Wahabi's don't run Saudi Arabia? What gives you the idea to come on here and say that women aren't flogged in squares? Is it the money that makes you defend Saudi Arabia?

Guess you need to get your head out of...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by truthseekerlady77

I can't say that I blame them for being scared with all the reports of retaliation attacks.....

It does not help matters any that one of those "moderate Muslims" Leaders, founder of an upstate New York TV station aimed at countering Muslim stereotypes, was found guilty of 2nd degree murder for beheaded his estranged wife in February of this year.

www.wgrz.com...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Vicky32

Well to be fair this was in China where there are very few people as dark skinned as the person I was referring to, for example many locals would ask for photos with him which was rather interesting. However china do also abuse the false 'war on terror' pretext to attack natives of western china, presumably for the valuable resources they reside upon. Same is true with Chechnya and Central Asian dictatorships - seems many more powers have their fingers in this racket, as evident by the increase of state violence post 9-11. Sad times indeed, but nothing new in history - call them communists, terrorists or savages, all the same deal - resource wars.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Well, I would think twice, such as why is this person making a spectacle of themselves.

I would not see them as representatives of hate and oppression of women, as when I see the Mullahs in their Islamic garb.

See the difference?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

Feel better now you got that off your chest?

My background is more hillbilly than cowboy.

I know full well what Wahabi is, and they are only a small part of the choir of Islam that likes to treat women like property, and calls for the defeat of the infidels, who desires to see their barbaric religion imposed upon all people on the Earth. Don't be foolish and assume that I do not know what I am talking about.

I notice you did not answer my questions. The question you need to ask yourself is, why do these questions make you so angry?

I don't care for Christian denominations who preach that women are inferior any more than Islamist who cling to the same barbaric beliefs..

Well, I am ignorant about how pedophiles party in Saudi Arabia, but on the rest, I am spot on.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join