It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor, Poor Bin Laden...He Didn't Get A Trial.......Well Perhaps This Is Why He Didn't Deserve One!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen

It's NOT about whether anyone DESERVES a trial, it is IMPERATIVE in any civilised society that EVERYONE be given a fair trial before being sentenced, and especially before being executed.

It's the LAW which has to be adhered to under all circumstances. If not, dangerous precedents are set and that can get out of control. The only thing that protects citizens from tyranny is proper adherence to the constitution and the rule of law and there should ne NO exceptions.

If you condone execution without trial, you're condoning mob rule, which is what dictatorships are. One day that might just come back and bite you on the bum.

No... due process is only LAW for AMERICAN citizens.... not war criminals....

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

So... You are saying he's excused from a trial because you say so.

So on your big man logic. Nobody should piss off the US (not because you guys are terrorists) but because you'll just kill anyone who disagrees with you.

And then you wonder why MOST of the world despises your country. It's not jealousy, it's pity.

Some (not all) , some of you people are worse than the people you fight against. And nobody trusts you.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Go read some books. Learn a little about world history.

Honestly, despite what you may have been told, educating yourself isn't painful. It just means you may have to pry yourself away from you television and possibly learn how to shut your gaping, drooling mouth.

Fool.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

So... You are saying he's excused from a trial because you say so.

So on your big man logic. Nobody should piss off the US (not because you guys are terrorists) but because you'll just kill anyone who disagrees with you.

And then you wonder why MOST of the world despises your country. It's not jealousy, it's pity.

Some (not all) , some of you people are worse than the people you fight against. And nobody trusts you.

Do you know how many attempts to assasinate Hitler took place before he eventually took his own life?

Geezus man... are you reading what you're writing? You think the death of over 5,000 people was just a disagreement????? What planet are you on??

Yeah... the world despises us... that's why they all want to live here....

edit on 6-5-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Honestly, despite what you may have been told, educating yourself isn't painful. It just means you may have to pry yourself away from you television and possibly learn how to shut your gaping, drooling mouth.

Fool.

I'm pretty sure you mean't "inspite of what you've been told".... educate myself indeed.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

You're right... maybe we should have flown him over first class and put him up in the Waldorf Astoria and treated him just like he treated us??? Oh that's right all those people who died had their day in court.

Do you really think he should have been offered the right of due process???

Even if he was the one to commit the act. Radical Islam (not all Islamic followers) stands against and kills because they don't subscribe to our freedoms. Why should we expected to offer them a right they are willing to kill for?

There is no easy answser to this... I think that is on thing we can agree on!
edit on 6-5-2011 by redzareptile because: I'm still trying to figure this whole thing out.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by redzareptile

You're right... maybe we should have flown him over first class and put him up in the Waldorf Astoria and treated him just like he treated us. Do you really think he should have been the right of due process???
Even if he was the one to commit the act. Radical Islam (not all Islamic followers) stands against and kills because they don't subscribe to our freedoms. Why should we expected to offer them a right they are willing to kill for?

Well didn't you treat his family to first class flights out of the country , they ONLY people in the air after 9/11 (the bit before you invaded and butchered the WRONG country)...

So by slaying radical Islam, that makes you somehow better than radical Islam.

Because from my point of view. It makes YOU exactly the same as radical islam.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

How then would you have handled this situation?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Fool.

I'm pretty sure you mean't "inspite of what you've been told".... educate myself indeed.

My simple grammatical error obviously makes you completely correct in your outlandish and xenophobic opinion. How silly of me.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

You're right... maybe we should have flown him over first class and put him up in the Waldorf Astoria and treated him just like he treated us. Do you really think he should have been the right of due process???

Well didn't you treat his family to first class flights out of the country , they ONLY people in the air after 9/11 (the bit before you invaded and butchered the WRONG country)...

So by slaying radical Islam, that makes you somehow better than radical Islam.

Because from my point of view. It makes YOU exactly the same as radical islam.

You really don't get it do you. 9/11 was an act of war... Radical Muslims have declared Jihad.... that means IT'S ON!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

How then would you have handled this situation?

Thanks for asking.

I would have taken him alive (assuming he was still alive).

I would have taken him alive, announced that the FBI's most wanted man is in custody and then shown images of his arrest. I would then ensure that the man had a far trial, collected evidence and then used his evidence as a means of conducting similar raids to find out who his associates were (whether they be America, Saudi or otherwise).

Sadly, I think the US government just wanted to silence him, as he probably had several cans of worms ready to be opened..

A fair trial would ensure that the reputation of my Government would not be tarnished at the expense of appeasing a hooting, baying mob of mouth breathers.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Fool.

My simple grammatical error obviously makes you completely correct in your outlandish and xenophobic opinion. How silly of me.

For someone who claims by implication to be educated, your semantics error reveals the truth.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

And if 9/11 was ever traced back to America being complicit, does that mean you'd go to war with yourself?

How exactly would you do that?

What if it's traced back to Israel, would you raid Israel?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You really don't get it do you. 9/11 was an act of war... Radical Muslims have declared Jihad.... that means IT'S ON!

Yeeehaaaawwwww.......

USA! USA! USA!

An act of war? Which country declared this?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Because according to your baby-logic, an educated man may never make a mistake..

Your planet sounds lovely. What's the weather like?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Fool.

For someone who claims by implication to be educated, your semantics error reveals the truth.

Also - you DO realise that 'In spite' and 'despite' are very similar synonyms that can more or less be used alternatively:

As much as you'd rather tackle my grasp of the English language, i'd rather keep this on topic.

Although some links may pacify you.

www.elearnenglishlanguage.com...

The English terms despite and in spite of are synonyms. Despite might be a tiny bit more formal, but the two terms are interchangeable. Just be careful not to say something like "despite of" or "in despite" - it's always either the three words in spite of, or just the single word despite.

www.dailywritingtips.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
I don't believe Bin Laden was a saint by any means, but who told you he was bad?? GOVERNMENT.....So you immediately believe them, right?? Think about it

Government??? whose???? Try the Rogue group known as the Taliban whom would just as soon cut someones
tongue out as look at you. The Taliban worshiped Bin Laden. Google what his son Omar thought of his own father
and the atrocities his daddy committed.

Use some common sense please. What is the worst thing you think Bin Laden did?

Pax

And remember Bin Laden's son was in the White House.....Is anything clicking in your mind or am I wasting my time?? Bin Laden was part of the CIA and knew Bush, when he was "blamed" for 9/11 we "went looking for him". Only we got delayed in our search when oil filled our boats up and the veins of Cheney and his oil company!! Guys, it is not hard to look at the "official story" and believe it, but on here we deny ignorance... Look past the rainbows the government paints, and
to the crap behind the curtain...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

By no means am I justifying war my friend.... I think that killing people to show that killing people is wrong as well.
If you read my earlier posts I said that this whole decade of war,killing and invading was based upon a lie. I don't think OBL did it with out the help of our governments ( yes the UK is in this too). He has been the fall guy for all of this and I think there has to be some moral middle ground to reach here.

I lost family that day and find it hard to turn the other cheek! It is even hard to have all this discussion without drudging up hard feelings.

I think radicalisim by Christian, Jew, Islam is wrong.... It's a bunch of people killing others because you don't believe what they do.

My brother and I were raised not to hate or judge. He was killed by whoever did this and his only crime was to show up to work that day.

Maybe my anger and grief is mis-placed and has slightly skewed my belief system but can you blame me??

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

An act of war? Which country declared this?

Bin Laden declared war on the USA, Jews & Christians all in the same press conference.
edit on 6-5-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
I don't believe Bin Laden was a saint by any means, but who told you he was bad?? GOVERNMENT.....So you immediately believe them, right?? Think about it

How about the dozens and dozens of videos he released where he talks about killing all of us infidels?

How about his support for terrorist acts committed against us on camera?

That's all the proof I need to determine if he's bad or not.

If the government let you see them, that means they wanted you to see them!! COME ON PEOPLE....When are you going to research things yourself and stop believing what the government tells you???

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join