It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poor, Poor Bin Laden...He Didn't Get A Trial.......Well Perhaps This Is Why He Didn't Deserve One!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The following is an article on what Bin Laden stood for:

Frontline Taliban promise revenge attacks after bin Laden:

KABUL (Reuters) - Heavily armed Taliban fighters, appearing in a video purporting to show frontline militants in southern Afghanistan, have said the killing of Osama bin Laden will inspire them to continue fighting until all foreign troops have left the country.

Well okay, no surprise there.....we know with radical Islam violence is what they thrive on so of course they want revenge and more violence. I mean after all, isn't that what the holy Q'uran calls for?

"Even if the news of Osama bin Laden's martyrdom is true, it will not change our jihad policy ... if it is true that he is dead, it will give us more motivation to continue our jihad," one fighter said in Pashto on the video.

Hmmmmm.......Just what I thought their jihad policy will continue, but now there is more motivation.

Now look what these animals say here:

"The martyrdom of Osama bin Laden is not going to affect our strategy and it will not stop us from our goal," a second fighter said, looking straight into the camera. "We will continue with our jihad(holy war) and sacrifice against infidels until the judgment day and we will avenge our martyrs."

Uhm...excuse me, but I do believe those infidels they plan to sacrifice are you and me!

Some may say this is the "Taliban", what do they have to do with Bin Laden?" You tell me.

Bin Laden and the Taliban leadership, headed by Mullah Mohammad Omar, fled into neighboring Pakistan.

Finally, it's all in the name of "Allah".....

"Our holy Koran says that we have responsibility to our country and religion to defend and protect it. Even if one mujahedeen fighter is alive in Afghanistan, we'll continue our jihad under the leadership of His Excellency Amirullmomineen (Mullah Omar)," the bespectacled fighter said.

Yahoo News Canada

Now, can you honestly say "fair is fair" when you were dealing with some filth like Bin Laden? That this animal deserved a trial? That the U.S. was wrong to kill this unarmed atrocity of a human.?

Come on, how in the world can you sympathize with this monster. Our Armed forces are the best in the world, I do believe they knew exactly what they were doing and were justified in doing so.

Don't blame the U.S. or the military for the bumbling remarks of the White House administration. The entire world should be used to Obama and Biden's screw ups by now.

ATS, your thoughts?

Thanks,
Pax
edit on 6-5-2011 by paxnatus because: typo

+44 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I don't believe Bin Laden was a saint by any means, but who told you he was bad?? GOVERNMENT.....So you immediately believe them, right?? Think about it

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
I don't believe Bin Laden was a saint by any means, but who told you he was bad?? GOVERNMENT.....So you immediately believe them, right?? Think about it

Zactly.

+16 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
preaching non violence by means of violence is hypocritical,
spreading democracy by enforcing it is hypocritical

Every individual needs revolution, inner division, overthrow of the existing order, and renewal, but not by forcing them upon his neighbors under the hypocritical cloak of Christian love or the sense of social responsibility or any of the other beautiful euphemisms for unconscious urges to personal power (Jung, 1966:5).

It is under all circumstances an advantage to be in full possession of one's personality, otherwise the repressed elements will only crop up as a hindrance elsewhere, not just at some unimportant point, but at the very spot where we are most sensitive. If people can be educated to see the shadow-side of their nature clearly, it may be hoped that they will also learn to understand and love their fellow men better. A little less hypocrisy and a little more self-knowledge can only have good results in respect for our neighbor; for we are all too prone to transfer to our fellows the injustice and violence we inflict upon our own natures (Jung, 1966:par. 28

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

You can read my reply at this other thread
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Government??? whose???? Try the Rogue group known as the Taliban whom would just as soon cut someones
tongue out as look at you. The Taliban worshiped Bin Laden. Google what his son Omar thought of his own father
and the atrocities his daddy committed.

Use some common sense please. What is the worst thing you think Bin Laden did?

Pax

+6 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I can honestly say that part of why amendments exist is to protect even the most hated (i.e. speech, persons) and a person's right to a fair trial through our legal system was made a mockery. So every thing I served for and was fed (we stand for truth, justice, freedom, etc...) means nothing and I'm sure the terrorists are basking in the glow of hypocrisy as I write this. Congrats, we've given them another justification for an attack. My former friends still serving and many innocents are going to suffer for this because of what? Some sense of justice or vengeance from 1700 B.C...

My opinion is his assassination goes against everything I was under the impression we stood for and is more in line with the actions of our enemies. Whose going to want our kind of democracy in their country now?

edit on 6-5-2011 by AlexKintner because: opinion not fact

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think that based upon what Al Queda/Taliban has developed into is more of a reason to "whack" OBL than the orignal line that he planned the whole 9/11 horror by himself.

proping him up as the "bad" guy has made him the monster that was killed (allegedly) last this week.

I'm not saying that these Islamic extremists don't want to blow-up everyone who doesn't sybscribe to their dogma. I'm just saying placing all the blame on OBL today is continuing the lie that he did this to us.

9/11 was an inside job!!!!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Every criminal deserves a trial. Extra-judicial killing is not justice. I'm really not bothered that OBL was taken out without a trial, that being said I would have prefered him to face a trial and then execution like every criminal should, even the worst war criminals in history have faced a jury before they were executed, the same should have happened here.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

How about the dozens and dozens of videos he released where he talks about killing all of us infidels?

How about his support for terrorist acts committed against us on camera?

That's all the proof I need to determine if he's bad or not.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Interesting how the great orator re-opened gitmo right before this operation took place. Did they snatch his butt and toss him down there and use this dump the body into the sea ignorance to cover that? Me thinks so.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

How about the dozens and dozens of videos he released where he talks about killing all of us infidels?

This is a true statement... but who armed him and who built this monster? If the media did not want to use those tapes as fodder to rally up the troops we would not have heard a peep from OBL. Think about it! TPTB only let you know what they want you to know.

You have to find the rest out on your own or just log on to ATS and sift though the B.S.!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Holding bin Laden for a trial (regardless of whether you think he was really behind 9/11) would be the absolute BEST WAY to invite a nuclear hostage threat by (insert terrorist organization name here).

So, pretend we have him in Gitmo. Fine. Everyone feels good about themselves for the U.S. being so "humane".

Next thing you know, a CNN headline, "Members of Al-Qaeda have taken over the viewing platform of the Empire State building, are holding hostages, and claim to have a nuclear bomb that they threaten to use within 3 days unless Osama bin Laden is released."

Yeah, that's "humane".

Nope, killing bin Laden was the most humane thing we could have done.

edit on 6-5-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Cryptonomicon

While I have stated before at ATS and agree with you that would be a likely reason to kill him off (threats/attacks for his release) it doesn't deny the fact that they stated they would do it if we killed him anyway. So it is lose lose anyway unless you don't believe they could get their hands on the weapons they intended to use. I would have rather showed the world we practiced what we preached, were confident in our security measures (including recently implemented ones like TSA) and that these people are capable of doing what we have been warning off. You don't need a declaration of war to realize we are involved in them. Of course there are bound to be innocent casualties on our soil just as there have been on theirs.

edit on 6-5-2011 by AlexKintner because: correction

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Be careful when hunting and killing monsters least you become one yourself.

Justice is not the same thing as revenge or the rule of law.

At what point we will stop trading blood without any real proof and stop listening to governments, religious leaders or the Media and start talking to each other and solve some of these issues.

Too much blood at this point for any side to claim the moral high ground.

+4 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Are you saying because they're Islamic they don't deserve a trial? They just deserve murder.

Does that make you a terrorist then?

Eurgh - and you have 'lover and not a fighter' as your motto...

Fail.
edit on 6-5-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

What about your government announcing killing the terrorists (without a trial) - does that mean if someone decided America is a terrorist state, they can cluster bomb your children?

Yeah

Silly person.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Oh please... give us all a break. There are plenty of video tapes with OBL threatening death and destruction to Americans and others. This whole business of making OBL out to be some sort of victim in all of this mess is really getting old.

+2 more 
posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's NOT about whether anyone DESERVES a trial, it is IMPERATIVE in any civilised society that EVERYONE be given a fair trial before being sentenced, and especially before being executed.

It's the LAW which has to be adhered to under all circumstances. If not, dangerous precedents are set and that can get out of control. The only thing that protects citizens from tyranny is proper adherence to the constitution and the rule of law and there should ne NO exceptions.

If you condone execution without trial, you're condoning mob rule, which is what dictatorships are. One day that might just come back and bite you on the bum.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

What about your government announcing killing the terrorists (without a trial) - does that mean if someone decided America is a terrorist state, they can cluster bomb your children?

Yeah

Silly person.

You make it sound like the US and other countries (including your's) just woke up one morning and decided to declare the Taliban, Al Quaeda (sic?), and OBL terrorists. You have to excuse my laughter but your little boy logic is quite humorous....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join