It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob of Thieves Swarms Las Vegas Convenience Store

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili
Blacks commit exponentially more crimes than whites per capita.

It is a race issue.

Black people are 3 times more likely to live in poverty than white people, per capita, in the USA.

It is a social-economic issue, with probably some race-influenced cultural issues worsening the situation.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I thought I should bring this up since it is relevant. Ive been doing research for a thesis statement and have found that whites commit far more drug offenses than blacks, yet blacks are arrested and prosecuted far more than whites (and yes, that is per population size).

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
are you kidding me?

if criminals knew that every law abiding citizen was armed, they would most certainly be hesistant before trying to pull a gun out.

Would they ?

Doesn't that work both ways ? If three men walked up to you and demanded your money, then wouldn't you hesitate to pull your gun, knowing that all three of them were also likely to be armed ?

This argument in favour of guns is absolutely flawed.

Originally posted by BlesUTP
edit to add: i see that you are from England. i now understand why you don't get the "pro-gun argument" as you call it. too many years of propaganda. i remember several years ago some brain child in your parliament trying to outlaw pointy kitchen knives to limit stabbing deaths

England, where you're 20 times less likely to die of gunshot wounds than the USA.

In Britain, we generally deplore the idea of living in fear, which is why we are quite bemused at Americans cowering behind their guns. Being fearful and paranoid of the statistical improbability that some gun-toting loon will pull a gun on you is something that doesn't sit well with us Brits.

For most criminals here, the potential risk of carrying a gun far outweighs the benefits. That is probably why the number of innocent, non-gang related people who die at the hands of guns each year can normally be counted on our fingers and toes.

edit on 8-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Do you have even a single iota of evidence that any of those mental infants had a gun?

I'm guessing not.

I'm basing it on the pro-gun argument that if everyone carries one then that would act as a deterrent to criminals.

In that scenario, most, if not all, of these thieves would also be carrying a gun.

it clearly would deter some criminals, not all obviously

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

England, where you're 20 times less likely to die of gunshot wounds than the USA.

In Britain, we generally deplore the idea of living in fear, which is why we are quite bemused at Americans cowering behind their guns. Being fearful and paranoid of the statistical improbability that some gun-toting loon will pull a gun on us is something that doesn't sit well with us Brits.

For most criminals here, the potential risk of carrying a gun far outweighs the benefits. That is probably why the number of innocent, non-gang related people who die at the hands of guns each year can normally be counted on our fingers and toes.

People do live in fear here, and we have a rather pathetic justice and policing system

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmokeandShadow
I thought I should bring this up since it is relevant. Ive been doing research for a thesis statement and have found that whites commit far more drug offenses than blacks, yet blacks are arrested and prosecuted far more than whites (and yes, that is per population size).

I'd better be careful where I tread, vis a vis the ATS T&Cs, but isn't this - in part - due to the drugs that are being used or supplied ?

''Softer'' drugs will be dealt with more leniently. Cannabis use or supply, for example, probably doesn't differ that much between races and classes, and coc aine, being more of a ''middle-class'' drug, is probably used more by white people ( as they will make up a higher percentage of the middle and upper classes. )

Whereas harder drugs, such as crack coc aine, heroin and crystal meth, will be actioned more severely by authorities. These drugs are much more prevalent in poorer areas and ghettos, where, proportionately, there are a far greater number of black people living, and this may account for some of the discrepancies between races in the drug use vs drug arrests/prosecutions figures.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
you are assuming that the gang is prepared to comit murder for an armfull of liqour

I'm not assuming that. Following that same argument, others on this thread are assuming that the shop owner/employee is prepared to commit murder for $600 worth of merchandise.

Most armed shop owners would draw their gun as a deterrent or as a scare tactic. It's not exactly to scare a gang of robbers who are also armed. That is my point.

ps. I like your username. I think that it accurately describes every human being that has ever lived.

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

It is a race issue.

Black people are 3 times more likely to live in poverty than white people, per capita, in the USA.

It is a social-economic issue, with probably some race-influenced cultural issues worsening the situation.

No it isn't, the majority of crimes are not committed by starving folks stealing a bit of bread- it is due to moral poverty where someone thinks they have the "right" to take someone else's stuff, attack them, rape them etc

Look no further than drugs and the breakdown in traditional family structures in black "communities"

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by blueorder
it clearly would deter some criminals, not all obviously

The point is, though, that if everyone were allowed to carry guns, it would not deter the criminals. The criminals would be equally, if not better, armed than the average law-abiding citizen.

People do live in fear here, and we have a rather pathetic justice and policing system

Yes, of course, many do live in fear, but not to the extent of dangerously arming themselves with a firearm in the off-chance that some idiot is going to pull a gun on them.

You are correct about our justice system. Sadly, that is the result of letting pathologically PC ideologues have too much say and influence in our criminal justice system.

Those who dictate our laws are the sort of people who - when confronted with a square peg and a round hole - will hammer the square peg relentlessly and obstinately in a vain attempt to make it fit in to the round hole of their discredited ideology... ''Round hole'' being an apt term when referring to these illogical, PC law-makers.

No it isn't, the majority of crimes are not committed by starving folks stealing a bit of bread- it is due to moral poverty where someone thinks they have the "right" to take someone else's stuff, attack them, rape them etc

Look no further than drugs and the breakdown in traditional family structures in black "communities"

I never suggested that high crime-rates in areas of urban ''poverty'' were due to the need of stealing to survive.

There are a wide range of issues that lead to people in less well-off areas committing more crime, including - as you point out - family breakdown, the consequent lack of moral guidance, alcohol and drug abuse, and resentment towards the more affluent in society.

As a Briton, you will be well aware of how all of these factors have produced an underclass known as ''chavs'' in our country, who are predominantly white.

All the signs point to socio-economic factors being largely responsible for criminal and anti-social behaviour amongst the poorest areas of cities, so I don't see how race is really relevant - in the UK, at least.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
So basically you are saying.....let the criminals continue to be armed (which they do not do by legal means) but do not let the people who follow the law carry guns (legally) to protect themselves.

Good Lord....that is NOT a world I wish to live in....

Obviously in the US, where there is such a deep-rooted gun culture ingrained in their society, firearms could not be banned overnight. It would probably take decades of gradual phasing out to get rid of the attitudes towards guns that have been inherent in the USA since its inception.

I don't blame you, or any other American, for being hostile towards the idea of gun-control, as people are largely a product of the society and culture that they were brought up in.

Criminals may still get hold of guns, but it's likely that most wouldn't take the risk because of the stiff sentence that they would face.

And people wonder why I think the USA should go to war against the UK. How about you keep "gun control" on your side of the Atlantic and we keep the 2nd Amendment on our side of the Atlantic.

What is right for Britain isn't right for America(as made obvious in 1776) and what is right for America is probably right for Britain, but your rulers prefer subjects over citizens.

If the store owner was allowed to have an AK-47 or an M16(and "allowed" to use it) this wouldn't have happened.
Child support and the Prohibition against Marijuana need to end in order for African Americans, and all Americans(especially in the lower socio-economic bracket) to heal.

Today there is more African American males in jail over child support and because of the immoral prohibition against Marijuana then where slaves prior to the Civil war.
edit on 9-5-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2011 by korathin because: fixed second sentence, changed east side to "our"

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I want to show you something...

and coc aine, being more of a ''middle-class'' drug, is probably used more by white people ( as they will make up a higher percentage of the middle and upper classes. )

Whereas harder drugs, such as crack coc aine,

Rock is no harder than powder. They're the same damn drug. In fact rock tends to be less damaging because it tends to be less pure than powder. A cokehead and a crackhead are addicted to the same substance, have the same high off of it, and will commit the same acts to get their next batch. But as you say, powder tends to be more "upperclass and white" while rock tends to be more "lower class and brown."

I dunno how it works in the UK... but here in the US, penalties for possession of rock are much stiffer than they are for powder. The fines are higher, the sentencing is tougher and longer, parole is less frequent, and police abuse is higher.

Since it's the same chemical, why do you suppose the difference in the laws are there?

heroin and crystal meth, will be actioned more severely by authorities. These drugs are much more prevalent in poorer areas and ghettos, where, proportionately, there are a far greater number of black people living, and this may account for some of the discrepancies between races in the drug use vs drug arrests/prosecutions figures.

Heroin actually tends to be more of a "white" drug, at least in the united States. of course like all drugs, users come in all colors, but it's prevalent in the white drug scene. Same with crystal meth, which is becoming to rural white America what crack is to urban black America.

The fact of the matter is that the American ludicial system is racist when it comes to drug enforcement. There's the blatancy of rock vs. powder, of course, but also, imagine - if Rush Limbaugh were some big dude in Compton named DuWayne "Little T" Brooker, do you think he would have gotten away with a minimal fine and no jail time for his drug offenses? I don't think so.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   

It is a race issue.

Not to race bait or anything but there is more Caucasian Americans living in poverty then African Americans. Poverty in America doesn't really belong to one race. The only real difference is the poorer Caucasians tend to live in rural/small town areas. While poorer African Americans tend to live in more urban areas.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
The fact of the matter is that the American ludicial system is racist when it comes to drug enforcement. There's the blatancy of rock vs. powder, of course, but also, imagine - if Rush Limbaugh were some big dude in Compton named DuWayne "Little T" Brooker, do you think he would have gotten away with a minimal fine and no jail time for his drug offenses? I don't think so.

Yes, the american "judicial system" has conspired to oppress the "black" man by picking on his alleged drug of choice

Do you think OJ would have got off if he had been white

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
And people wonder why I think the USA should go to war against the UK. How about you keep "gun control" on your side of the Atlantic and we keep the 2nd Amendment on our side of the Atlantic.

How about we compare notes between the US and the UK, regarding the fear and paranoia levels of our average citizens. I'm guessing that British people would score pretty low on those comparisons.

I don't need to have a gun, because I don't live in fear.

The thought of fearfully quivering behind an arsenal of weaponry is something that doesn't sit right with us Brits.

What is right for Britain isn't right for America(as made obvious in 1776) and what is right for America is probably right for Britain, but your rulers prefer subjects over citizens.

I have to admire your tenacity.

Your invocation of the year '1776' is precisely why Britain - and other Western European countries - are leaving you Americans by the wayside.

Logic and science > tradition, cultural customs and history.

If you want to let a 235-year-old date in history shape your life - then feel free to.

If you want to let a 235-year-old parchment do the thinking for you - then, once again, feel free to,

edit on 10-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Yet the British feel the need to continue the centuries old pathetic joke known as a monarchy by having a queen, some inbred male pattern balding kids, and act like its a national holiday when one of them finally marries his whore.

If you want to talk about nations holding on to their past, do not attempt to ridicule America for enjoying liberty, while you monkeys curtsy to some old hag in a crown.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
And locally we have an armed hero

Story

2 Blacks 2 masks 3 people with guns.The 2 just didn't know about number 3

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

How about we compare notes between the US and the UK, regarding the fear and paranoia levels of our average citizens. I'm guessing that British people would score pretty low on those comparisons.

I don't need to have a gun, because I don't live in fear.

The thought of fearfully quivering behind an arsenal of weaponry is something that doesn't sit right with us Brits.

I have to admire your tenacity.

Your invocation of the year '1776' is precisely why Britain - and other Western European countries - are leaving you Americans by the wayside.

Logic and science > tradition, cultural customs and history.

If you want to let a 235-year-old date in history shape your life - then feel free to.

If you want to let a 235-year-old parchment do the thinking for you - then, once again, feel free to,

edit on 10-5-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Right, that is why all your social programs are in worse shape then ours, your educational systems are in worse shape and this is with the US subsidizing your defense by stationing troops over in Euro-land when we desperately need them on our own borders. Heck look at how you had to beg the US for money with the feds back door loans via currency swaps paid for by QE1 I think.

Gun's aren't only for self defense, they are for preserving our rights as all government is inherently tyrannical and as a matter of national security. Did you know the Soviets never would of even tried to invade America because of American gun ownership? Same reasoning applies to China and other potentially hostile nations.

Then add in how the British are stealing American oil, raping American soil to feed London's thirst for gold and oil.
We do not hide behind our guns in fear, we hold them in our minds and hearts to invoke fear into a government that forgets our inalienable rights, and hostile foreigners who mean America ill will.

If the worker would of had an M-16 those punks wouldn't of even tried it. But because of foreigners American's rights are being slowly destroyed(P.S thanks for the commie scum John Lennon and the other 1960's-80 British trash leftists who immigrated to America).

That is why the US should leave NATO and perhaps even the UN. Because aligning ourselves with people who prefer to be subjects, slaves, will only stand to weaken our Republic from within and without. And more instances like this flash mob will only become more and more common.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Yet the British feel the need to continue the centuries old pathetic joke known as a monarchy by having a queen, some inbred male pattern balding kids, and act like its a national holiday when one of them finally marries his whore.

If you want to talk about nations holding on to their past, do not attempt to ridicule America for enjoying liberty, while you monkeys curtsy to some old hag in a crown.

You have issues, the use of terms "inbred", references to balding (eh what is that all about), "whore" and "old hag"

You the big man eh, talking about some young woman and some old lady like that, big hard man are ya?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
there is no need for this to descend into a US/UK fight

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Thought this thread was about the flash mob thing? Of course you can see beyond race...it is idiots being idiots nothing more. The people that are basically saying...what more can you expect from blacks...are just ignorant tools.

I am pretty sure white, Hispanics and other races commit the same type of crime....idiots.

As for Americans and their guns.....we up here in Canada know about the American pussies and their weapons...
They all seem like they would be totally defenseless if confronted with a criminal if they had no guns....Poor families...having to depend on these men for protection...useless if they got no guns...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join