It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob of Thieves Swarms Las Vegas Convenience Store

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Can people respond to this news clip without racist comments, I wonder ?
With so much going on in the world, are the choice of news clip being aired guideing our way of thinking?

www.8newsnow.com...
edit on Fri May 6 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: fix title

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the store owner because you just cant defend your shop against something like that, besides keeping the door locked and buzzing in 1 person at a time, how can you stop it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Well, this opening line is hardly going to veer the discussion away from race, is it ?

From what I understand, many USA cities are very ''ghettoised'', and - due to history - black people are more likely to be on the lower end of the socio-economic scale.

This is more likely to just be a group of young people from a predominantly black area taking advantage of the situation and getting some ''five-fingered discount''. To a lesser extent, I've seen things like this in England, but it doesn't appear to be any particular race that it does it more than another.

I think it would be a bit pathetic if people were to turn this into a race issue, but, like you, I fear that many will attempt to twist it that way.

On a side note: I can't believe that Las Vegas even has slot-machines in convenience stores !
The guy who is using it is so absorbed in his game that he doesn't even seem to notice something strange is going on until people start running into the store later on in the video.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

OP, isn't Political Correctness what got our country in this mess to begin with?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
to be honest, they did not seem to me to be 'gang banger' types at all.
looked to me like it was a bunch of decent high school kids.
they were all laughing and having fun, not hiding faces.
i think it was some sort of prank or a mind control op.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I think my opening line has deflected the responses.
Had I just posted the link response would have been different.

I Don't think the store owner see's this as a prank by high school kids.

Haven't been to Vegas Mr. Holmes. You would be hard pressed to find a business that did not have slots.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
No need to be racist you did it for us but animals none the less. In Michigan they would get shot. This isn't normal behavior but I bet it made the news and the only thing they do better than lie is squeal on anybody to save their own arse

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
This is a new trend sweeping across the country. Just do a google search of Flash Mob Robbery....

to be honest, they did not seem to me to be 'gang banger' types at all.
looked to me like it was a bunch of decent high school kids.
they were all laughing and having fun, not hiding faces.
i think it was some sort of prank or a mind control op

This is not high school joke or prank. These are criminals who plan and commit a serious crime.

This is why everyone should be allowed to carry guns and when these idiots decide to mob a retailer and steal....the employee can hold them all at gunpoint until police arrive.

And for anyone to tell us not to bring race into this is ridiculous.....let people form their own opinions...do not dictate how one should feel or respond. Thanks! Go to the link I provided and watch all the videos....and decide for yourself....
edit on May 6th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Nothing racist about pointing out the fact that they were black and certainly not helping by proving numerous stereotypes correct.

IMO, this store owner should have every right to racially profile and prohibit certain customers from entering his store.

This is not a one time event, and unfortunately no firearms were present to prohibit these animals from doing this again.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
This is why everyone should be allowed to carry guns and when these idiots decide to mob a retailer and steal....the employee can hold them all at gunpoint until police arrive.

I've seen this argument before, in support of gun ownership; I think It's rather flawed.

The CCTV showed 19 people entering the shop at the start of this ''swarming''. With 19 thieves carrying guns, I doubt the presence of one armed employee would have altered the outcome of this event...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

Even one dead animal is a good thing.

Maybe the others wouldve gotten the point.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i knew that would get attention.
i guess i'm just not as quick to convict.
they purposely kept it a non-violent crime, unless someone can point out all the weapons i missed.
did anyone see anyone threaten the cashier or other customers?
the loss quoted wasn't as high as i would have assumed.
driving a car into the front of a jewelry store and gang of masked men robbing it would be a step up.
lets investigate this a bit and decide what level of seriousness this deserves.
i was a store owner for 10 years, and i can tell you this, besides the 'overwhelming' factor,
this was not a very threatening robbery.
a couple of masked dudes pointing guns in every ones faces while breaking stuff and yelling is.

edit on 6-5-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

Is one dead shop employee a good thing ?

That's what would have happened if he'd drawn a gun and fired at 19 gun-wielding thieves.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Sherlock Holmes

With 19 thieves carrying guns, I doubt the presence of one armed employee would have altered the outcome of this event...

if true, then dis-regard my last replies.
i'm going to watch this again.
i just didn't see it.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Mind control op?

Yea, lets brainwash a bunch of criminals into stealing a bunch of crap from a convenience store.

Somehow I think the brainwashers could come up with a better idea if that was the case.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
reply to post by greeneyedleo

i knew that would get attention.
i guess i'm just not as quick to convict.
they purposely kept it a non-violent crime, unless someone can point out all the weapons i missed.
did anyone see anyone threaten the cashier or other customers?
the loss quoted wasn't as high as i would have assumed.
driving a car into the front of a jewelry store and gang of masked men robbing it would be a step up.
lets investigate this a bit and decide what level of seriousness this deserves.
i was a store owner for 10 years, and i can tell you this, besides the 'overwhelming' factor,
this was not a very threatening robbery.
a couple of masked dudes pointing guns in every ones faces while breaking stuff and yelling is.

edit on 6-5-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

This is not just a one time crime. It is prevalent across the country. Not much loss? A store in DC had this happen and they lost $20,000 - that is twenty thousand dollars - and now the shop owner is changing how they let customers in. Im not sure how anyone could take this crime lightly. They are criminals regardless how one perceives the severity of it. Appeasement of criminals will always confuse me.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

That's what would have happened if he'd drawn a gun and fired at 19 gun-wielding thieves.

Do you have even a single iota of evidence that any of those mental infants had a gun?

I'm guessing not.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ViperChili

They had 19 guns? How do you know this? Or are you just assuming? And why would you assume?
The fact that, that is your reasoning to not allow citizens to arm themselves is.........well....ridiculous.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by rubbertramp
if true, then dis-regard my last replies.
i'm going to watch this again.
i just didn't see it.

I was replying to the poster who said ''this is why everyone should carry guns''. If everyone were carrying guns then that would include the thieves.

You'd have to be a kamikaze employee to draw a gun in that situation, thereby nullifying the use of being armed in that situation.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE

Well, this opening line is hardly going to veer the discussion away from race, is it ?

From what I understand, many USA cities are very ''ghettoised'', and - due to history - black people are more likely to be on the lower end of the socio-economic scale.

This is more likely to just be a group of young people from a predominantly black area taking advantage of the situation and getting some ''five-fingered discount''.

I think it would be a bit pathetic if people were to turn this into a race issue, but, like you, I fear that many will attempt to twist it that way.

Oh, the irony.......

Just like the stooopid Obama BC issue.....it is always the one side that brings up race.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join