It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
At 1:58-1:59 as she turns and as he is almost upon her she reaches into her shirt. With his forward momentum going, he had about, what, a half second to decide whether she was going for a gun or not? No time to reach for a tazer or gun. No time to do anything really as she was turning pretty much into him. So he shoved her. Was it a violent attack? No. It was a moment that happened. Unfortunate circumstances and moves on both their parts And it's over. No one questioned it at the scene. Did she complain? Did anyone else? No. Get the bleep over it. They did.
edit on 5/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

how would you hide a gun in your shirt?

....lol, the things some people say are priceless!

apparently you are not over it.
edit on 5/6/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

Bra, special "shirt holsters", you can hide a gun anywhere...

Oh...aren't you hilarious.

ETA: You all are just mad you weren't focused on the same thing when you watched, rushed to judgment, and commented emotionally. Remaining objective is hard.

I will also take this opportunity to add, that both their actions immediately after showed that neither thought it was a huge deal. We don't know what was said. We can't further comment.

edit on Sat May 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This would have been a game ejection with a fine and a suspension if this hit occurred in the NHL...

He left his feet on his check from behind right along the boards. At least someone would have kicked his ass if it was hockey.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

At 1:58-1:59 as she turns and as he is almost upon her she reaches into her shirt. With his forward momentum going, he had about, what, a half second to decide whether she was going for a gun or not? No time to reach for a tazer or gun. No time to do anything really as she was turning pretty much into him. So he shoved her. Was it a violent attack? No. It was a moment that happened. Unfortunate circumstances and moves on both their parts And it's over. No one questioned it at the scene. Did she complain? Did anyone else? No. Get the bleep over it. They did.

now you are reaching. lol. special "shirt holsters"! that's funny. you really think a 15 year old girl is gonna have a "special shirt holster" to hold a gun she brought to school? obviously drunk people are crafty like that!

another priceless quote for the day!
edit on Sat May 7 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I was watching that as she turned around and looking at it from a different perspective, it appeared to me as if she flinched (in surprise?) just before he knocked her down. It does not *seem as if she was aware he was behind her or maybe it was because he was closer then she thought, but who knows without audio. What is far more apparent to me is that Mama needs some parenting classes and the teen needs some behavior mod... The cop is not the only issue here (though he's a big one) but many others are on the list, too.

edit on 6-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Oh...aren't you hilarious.

ETA: You all are just mad you weren't focused on the same thing when you watched, rushed to judgment, and commented emotionally. Remaining objective is hard.

I will also take this opportunity to add, that both their actions immediately after showed that neither thought it was a huge deal. We don't know what was said. We can't further comment.

if you were drunk and got the piss knocked out of you, would you know what was going on?

"get the bleep over it"- now that's objective isn't it?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

now you are reaching. lol. special "shirt holsters"! that's funny. you really think a 15 year old girl is gonna have a "special shirt holster" to hold a gun she brought to school? obviously drunk people are crafty like that!

Why not? A young person less than ten has killed many of people throughout the years. Could have also have been a knife, etc. Why is that beyond your meager intellect to comprehend? Fact of the matter is we don't know what type of family she has, they could be big into weapons, ex mil, whatever. The chance is always present. I'm not saying he needed to knock the [SNIP] out of her, yet its a dangerous job and sometimes when your guard is down you pay the piper...

She looked beefy enough to wear one of these:

www.bikersden.com...
edit on 6-5-2011 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: removed profanity

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I don't disagree. I watched it about 15 times and watched her hands and tried to see what he may have seen from his angle as she turned into him while he was approaching her. It's just what I saw, so I thought I'd mention it.

Eleven seconds elapsed from the time he got out of the car to the time she was on the ground. How much time did he have to assess the situation? He saw her back. There could well have been a gun under her clothing. She could well have had layers on. no way to tell that from the back. Also, how much did he know prior to getting there? Were they dispatched or did they just pull up as they were patrolling? If dispatched, how much were they told? Lots we don't know or can't tell by watching a video with pretty much no sound and not having the backstory. .

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Why not? A young person less than ten has killed many of people throughout the years. Could have also have been a knife, etc. Why is that beyond your meager intellect to comprehend? Fact of the matter is we don't know what type of family she has, they could be big into weapons, ex mil, whatever. The chance is always present. I'm not saying he needed to knock the # out of her, yet its a dangerous job and sometimes when your guard is down you pay the piper...

ok, we all saw how her shirt was pulled over her head. if she had a gun, the two witnesses would have seen it and alerted the cop. the cop could have easily determined whether or not she was carrying(look at what she's wearing, a gun would be obvious in that outfit), had he taken his time to check out the situation instead of brazenly bullrushing her and knocking her down.

Need I bring this sore subject up again? Because it damn well could have happened again:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I think your analysis as well as many others miss the mark on this one, most of her fall comes from her own reaction to get away from his attempt to take her down. I cant see her head hit the concrete wall with the force you all seem to. I think it looked alot worse then it really was.
edit on 6-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Ah. Can you get a shot or two when her hands are hovering over her chest? Right before the first one you posted.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I don't disagree. I watched it about 15 times and watched her hands and tried to see what he may have seen from his angle as she turned into him while he was approaching her. It's just what I saw, so I thought I'd mention it.

Eleven seconds elapsed from the time he got out of the car to the time she was on the ground. How much time did he have to assess the situation? He saw her back. There could well have been a gun under her clothing. She could well have had layers on. no way to tell that from the back. Also, how much did he know prior to getting there? Were they dispatched or did they just pull up as they were patrolling? If dispatched, how much were they told? Lots we don't know or can't tell by watching a video with pretty much no sound and not having the backstory. .

Why would he assume she had a gun in the first place? what motivation did he have to determine that? thanks for proving my point for me. much appreciated!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

From another article I read (not posted here, just did a search) it said that the Mother called the cops in response to the call she received from the school. That is the mother (in the brown sweater) on the ground struggling with the girl in the beginning of the video and it's clear that the girl was nearly stripped in that struggle. Any of the witnesses would have been able to tell the cop whether she had a gun on her (as we all could see she did not) but in the end, it is all conjecture since there is no audio.

I do find it curious that this incident happened in January, the video was uploaded in March and it's just now being picked up by the media...

And should there be any doubt, I am not defending the cop or the girl and especially not Mama. I think mistakes were made by everyone involved.

edit on 6-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Yep. Mine's leather and actually just goes round my shoulder and actually sits a bit higher where it's comfortable. And again, she might have had a vest on or other layers. How could the cop have known in that fast a time?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
How would the cops have known she did not have a gun? They were not there when she had her shirt up. The old lady was the only one there during the fight. Cops usually, for personal protection, approach everyone like they are armed. Nothing wrong with that given all the weirdos in today's world...

Gun obvious in the outfit? I've got several that will fit in the palm of your hand and are easily concealed in your front pocket...

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: removed huge nested quote

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by DaMod

I think your analysis as well as many others miss the mark on this one, most off her fall comes from her own reaction to get away from his attempt to take her down. I cant see her head hit the concrete wall with the force you all seem to. I think it looked alot worse then it really was.

yeah, she failed in the .05 seconds it took her to "get away". yes it does look alot worse, but it COULD have been worse.

if you heard someone running up on you, and they didn't identify themselves as police officers, wouldn't your first reaction be self defense? now add alcohol to the mix and lets see how you react.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

From what I saw, as I stated, eleven seconds went down from the time he got out of the car until she was on the ground. I didn't notice him speaking to anyone for any length of time. See a few posts back for the rest about dispatch and so forth. Turning into someone with that much forward momentum going often results in a collision...on top of that add whatever he potentially could have been thinking because of where her hands went as she turned, and I personally wouldn't rush to any kind of judgment here. But you all can.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Why would he assume she had a gun in the first place? what motivation did he have to determine that? thanks for proving my point for me. much appreciated!

They assume EVERYONE is armed that they come in contact with. With many states changing laws where anyone can carry concealed it just makes it more "interesting" when approaching people. Bottom line is its a sucky job, where today could be your last day on Earth. In some respects I don't blame them.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

there were more than 3 people on the scene. including the camera man.

now her hands weren't in her pocket were they?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by DaMod

I think your analysis as well as many others miss the mark on this one, most off her fall comes from her own reaction to get away from his attempt to take her down. I cant see her head hit the concrete wall with the force you all seem to. I think it looked alot worse then it really was.

yeah, she failed in the .05 seconds it took her to "get away". yes it does look alot worse, but it COULD have been worse.

if you heard someone running up on you, and they didn't identify themselves as police officers, wouldn't your first reaction be self defense? now add alcohol to the mix and lets see how you react.

Yes, my first reaction would be self defense and my weapon would get drawn...
edit on 6-5-2011 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join