It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by trollz

You saw no need. Perhaps he did.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

You have the video. Have at it. I've watched it no less than 45 times now. You're free to do the same and look for the indicators as I was.

edit on 5/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

The "indicators," whatever they may or may not be, do not justify the action.

Period.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Twice her age, twice her size- that's 4x as much pain that should be dealt to make things fair

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

You have the video. Have at it. I've watched it no less than 45 times now. You're free to do the same and look for the indicators as I was.

Period.

So if you were in that situation and did not know if she had a weapon, but realized that she was violent, would yo uhave acted any differently? What happens to you if she did have a weapon?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Planet teleX
Twice her age, twice her size- that's 4x as much pain that should be dealt to make things fair

I wonder what the discussion here would be like had she of had a weapon and smoked his ass?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

I don't believe I said anything justified anything. I can see indicators as to why it may have happened. I'm not judging his actions. I'm looking at a video to try to understand.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

Originally posted by Liquesence

Period.

So if you were in that situation and did not know if she had a weapon, but realized that she was violent, would yo uhave acted any differently? What happens to you if she did have a weapon?

Yes. If i were a cop i would not have thrust a high school girl head first into a concrete wall, unless i was absolutely sure there was an immediate and justifiable danger or threat to my person or those around me.

I would have been trained to handle the situation in an appropriate manner. And that manner was completely inappropriate.
edit on 6-5-2011 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
While that was excesive I don't think it was his intention to take here out like that. Do not take me as a sympathiser for brutal police. Infact I passionately critisize them. However the girl attacked the woman who tried to restrain her. She clearly tried to hit her. The police officer most likely didn't know all the facts(was she drunk, under the influence of drugs or did she have a weapon). He had to stop her and he did. Yes that bump was excesive and he is lucky he didn't cause some serious damage. However I don't think this is a great case of police brutality.

He had to aprehend her, he overused his force initially but afterwards he restrained himself. I believe it was a miscalculation and mis-judgement not an intentional over-use of force.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I don't believe I said anything justified anything. I can see indicators as to why it may have happened. I'm not judging his actions. I'm looking at a video to try to understand.

True. I suppose my inference was erroneous, but that was the implication i got.

And as much as i see the video, and even if he might have *thought* he had justifiable cause, i personally do not see it in the vid evidence, even though i wasn't there.

*shrug*

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

At what point do you determine that there is immediate or justifiable danger? When you see the weapon, or when its being pulled on you? Since no audio exists, perhaps someone said that she had a weapon, but did not specify?
edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: removed large nested quote, inserted 'reply to'

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
You can see the officer already running in the reflection on the window:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aca3a0ef57d4.jpg[/atsimg]
He's still running and her arms are down by her side:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de3b7350eadf.jpg[/atsimg]
What's this? Is she PUTTING something IN her shirt? Sure is:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07d3f1891d2c.jpg[/atsimg]
This cops mind was made up from the get go. Also, watch the video closely and you can see that she has walked off before the cops even pull up. Notice how she never even runs?

So obviously lucidity, you didn't watch this 45 times like you say. How embarassed you must feel now?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

Dude...if you are not gonna watch the video in the first place, then don't comment. There is audio. Turn up your speakers.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: removed large nested quote, inserted 'reply to'

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

OK, so he's running after her, the implication is he made the decision last minute as she is reaching in to her shirt. Just because he initially is running towards her does not mean that that was his intention. The situation was fluid.
edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

I did, and I have watched it several times. You don't know what was said that audio did not pick up. For Christs sake cars are rolling by, it was filmed from across the street...

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

youtu.be...

yeah cops are realy pushing it, i met the cop in the video above at my brothers cop partys a few times, and boy do they love to drink and drive,they pound a 5th of whiskey and drive home with their families, i have zero respect for the law from insider info on these pigs

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CUJOCREEP

youtu.be...

yeah cops are realy pushing it, i met the cop in the video above at my brothers cop partys a few times, and boy do they love to drink and drive,they pound a 5th of whiskey and drive home with their families, i have zero respect for the law from insider info on these pigs

Well, they do say that that profession has the most issues as it relates to their family, mental health, etc... I can see the "God complex" in many individuals with authority.
edit on 6-5-2011 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

If he wanted her to stop, he would have commanded her to in a loud voice. but instead you hear this puss mumble something and take off after her. he's three steps away when she notices him. this guys mind was made up when he started after her. if you can't see that, you are blind.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

If he wanted her to stop, he would have commanded her to in a loud voice. but instead you hear this puss mumble something and take off after her. he's three steps away when she notices him. this guys mind was made up when he started after her. if you can't see that, you are blind.

I see it. Again, the dude is filming from across the street, I'm sure some audio was left out. Also, how many times do you need to tell someone to do something before it becomes Kosher? Once, twice, three times, twenty a hundred, where do we end so that everyone feels ok with the decision?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

youtu.be...

Well, they do say that that profession has the most issues as it relates to their family, mental health, etc... I can see the "God complex" in many individuals with authority.

You just contradicted all your previous posts by conceding that he may have had problems and a "god complex" and not the fact that he thought his life was endagered by a weapon.

Great Job!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand

youtu.be...

You just contradicted all your previous posts by conceding that he may have had problems and a "god complex" and not the fact that he thought his life was endagered by a weapon.

Great Job!

No, not at all. I know some with that complex. I do not know this individual, and given the video as it stands I see no problem.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join