It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by LadySkadi

From what I saw, as I stated, eleven seconds went down from the time he got out of the car until she was on the ground. I didn't notice him speaking to anyone for any length of time. See a few posts back for the rest about dispatch and so forth. Turning into someone with that much forward momentum going often results in a collision...on top of that add whatever he potentially could have been thinking because of where her hands went as she turned, and I personally wouldn't rush to any kind of judgment here. But you all can.

No, sorry, but he was full speed before she even moved her arms. He was gonna bum rush her no matter what she did. He would have to be superhuman to be able to determine that she was "going for a gun hidden in her special shirt holster" in the amount of time that it happened.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
reply to post by pityocamptes

there were more than 3 people on the scene. including the camera man.

now her hands weren't in her pocket were they?

She reached into her shirt. Would you, in the same situation as the cop, have said, "Nah, she looks like a fine upstanding citizen, I have no concerns..." or might you have made a judgment call given the very little amount of time you had to make a decision...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CastleMadeOfSand

Then we disagree about what we each saw. Seems you may be focused on just him. Just saying.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
reply to post by DaMod

I think your analysis as well as many others miss the mark on this one, most off her fall comes from her own reaction to get away from his attempt to take her down. I cant see her head hit the concrete wall with the force you all seem to. I think it looked alot worse then it really was.
edit on 6-5-2011 by 5StarOracle because: ...

yeah, she failed in the .05 seconds it took her to "get away". yes it does look alot worse, but it COULD have been worse.

if you heard someone running up on you, and they didn't identify themselves as police officers, wouldn't your first reaction be self defense? now add alcohol to the mix and lets see how you react.

Yes, my first reaction would be self defense and my weapon would get drawn...
edit on 6-5-2011 by pityocamptes because: (no reason given)

you would not have time to pull a gun. lets not grasp straws here.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

From what I saw, as I stated, eleven seconds went down from the time he got out of the car until she was on the ground. I didn't notice him speaking to anyone for any length of time. See a few posts back for the rest about dispatch and so forth. Turning into someone with that much forward momentum going often results in a collision...on top of that add whatever he potentially could have been thinking because of where her hands went as she turned, and I personally wouldn't rush to any kind of judgment here. But you all can.

No, sorry, but he was full speed before she even moved her arms. He was gonna bum rush her no matter what she did. He would have to be superhuman to be able to determine that she was "going for a gun hidden in her special shirt holster" in the amount of time that it happened.

Sorry my friend, but you sound like a future casualty. The world is an evil place. Not everyone wants to hold hands and sing kumbayas...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Yes, and I have done it many times... practice makes perfect.

Mod Edit: Quoting – Please Review This Link.

edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: removed large nested quote, inserted 'reply to'

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

reply to post by pityocamptes

there were more than 3 people on the scene. including the camera man.

now her hands weren't in her pocket were they?

She reached into her shirt. Would you, in the same situation as the cop, have said, "Nah, she looks like a fine upstanding citizen, I have no concerns..." or might you have made a judgment call given the very little amount of time you had to make a decision...

show me where in the vid that he see's her reach into her shirt, and THEN decides to bull rush her. please show me, cause i'm not seeing it.

he takes off after her in a full sprint and during that time she "reaches into her shirt to grab a weapon"

she probably got her bra ripped off and was just re-adjusting it. women adjust their bras all the time. does that mean they are all carrying?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
In my day..when a cop shows up..you kinda stop what your doing and stand there until he determines whats what ( remember cops can arrest you..but not judge you in law ).

You Turn your back ( or try to walk away from crime scene ( looks like that 15 yo could have done more damage to that other Teen then the cop did ) ) to a Cop and your Rights are DONE !

You Dont have the Right to beat the schizzle out of someone..and then when the cops ( who have NOT a Clue as to the situation ) needs to Protect the peace comes in there and tackles someone with there back to them..

You get a Degree in Detroit Street beat ..then post .. You Dont mess around with cops..They Will ( agreed ) Take your ass down !

There is No reason why they should not protect themselves ..

So I think that guy had all the reason to tackle this "Woman" ( after the fact finding out its a 15 YO is not in question ) that could possibly have a firearm.

Go be a cop and have your Capt. tell you that the Streets are full of Real Bad guys and you cant even touch them .. much less defend themselves ..

Good time to be a cop eh ??

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Sorry my friend, but you sound like a future casualty. The world is an evil place. Not everyone wants to hold hands and sing kumbayas...

ok, now we are attacking me personally because of my avatar?

guess what "my friend", we are all future casualties. it's called death. nobody escapes it. way to point out the obvious.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jaduguru

Just FYI - that "teen" in the brown sweater - was actually the girl's mother, pinning her to the ground.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaduguru
In my day..when a cop shows up..you kinda stop what your doing and stand there until he determines whats what ( remember cops can arrest you..but not judge you in law ).

You Turn your back ( or try to walk away from crime scene ( looks like that 15 yo could have done more damage to that other Teen then the cop did ) ) to a Cop and your Rights are DONE !

You Dont have the Right to beat the schizzle out of someone..and then when the cops ( who have NOT a Clue as to the situation ) needs to Protect the peace comes in there and tackles someone with there back to them..

You get a Degree in Detroit Street beat ..then post .. You Dont mess around with cops..They Will ( agreed ) Take your ass down !

There is No reason why they should not protect themselves ..

So I think that guy had all the reason to tackle this "Woman" ( after the fact finding out its a 15 YO is not in question ) that could possibly have a firearm.

Go be a cop and have your Capt. tell you that the Streets are full of Real Bad guys and you cant even touch them .. much less defend themselves ..

Good time to be a cop eh ??

Very well written. Someone understands...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

reply to everyone else, as well....

~

It's one thing for a cop to tackle/subdue someone.

It's quite another to shove as hardly as one can a person into a concrete/cinder block wall, several videos which i have seen. This is not an isolated incident.

Traumatic head injury is serious, and there is NO justification for those actions when A) there are other less violent means at handling the situation and B) there is NO serious threat involved.

Cops are (supposedly) trained in assessing and handling situations for the degree of threat involved, and by not acting blinding and with unrestrained emotive and excessive force, and this is completely uncalled for. Regardless of "furtive movements," "being drunk," "unknowns," and "back to officer," there are far more professional and satisfactory ways at dealing with a drunk teenage girl, than thrusting her as hard as one cans into a concrete wall less than 2 feet from her (and her head).

Even though logic can technically dictate a possible justification for the cop's actions (see quotations in preceding paragraph as well as some very astute observations from other members in the cops defense), that does not excuse the unrestrained and excessive force and behavior. It doesn't.

You apologists make me sick.

As someone so accurately said, "contempt of cop."

And i might add: authoritative ego.

His actions were uncalled for and potentially life threatening, and he certainly did not appear to be anywhere NEAR in danger of his life or person.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
[Removed unnecessary quote of entire previous post]

reply to post by Liquesence

As some idiot put it "Finally, someone understands!"

Well said
I agree with you sir!
edit on 5/6/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/6/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/5/11 by argentus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yeah I just watched it another 10 times and took some snaps. Some of you all need to watch her arms and hands in relation to where he is and what he's seeing, accounting for angle. I think there's a clear indication that it may well have influenced his actions.

edit on 5/6/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yeah I just watched it another 10 times and took some snaps. Some of you all need to watch her arms and hands in relation to where he is and what he's seeing, accounting for angle. I think there's a clear indication that it may well have influenced his actions.

well.....where are they?

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

You have the video. Have at it. I've watched it no less than 45 times now. You're free to do the same and look for the indicators as I was.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

You have the video. Have at it. I've watched it no less than 45 times now. You're free to do the same and look for the indicators as I was.

will do

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
He also grabbed her chest as he was pushing her against the wall.
Anyone else see that? Looks pretty obvious to me, and there was no need.
I think we have a pervert cop on our hands here.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join