It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Beginning of Sorrows' as in Matthew 24 - Do you think we can call this one?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I was thinking, to me anyway this seems like it is done and dusted. A foregone conclusion. But what say you all?

Have we really entered the Beginning of Sorrows?

Passage as per KJV

1And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.

2And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yes. That is where we are right now. But remember in line six it says the end is not yet. More has to happen and it will get worse yet. Your faith will be tested first. But when the abomination appears in the holy place, then run because it is time that TSHTF. Verse 15. So I until I will watch the news pass on by along with every prediction of rapture. We don't get an early ticket out of here, we have to wait until everything happens and we will witness it all before Verse 30 and 31 brings us all together. Peace.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Sorrows? No, i don't think we've seen anything yet. We are still in good times.

Compared to what i see coming, things are pretty damn good.

So no, it hasn't yet actually begun. But you can hear the rumble on the tracks, the train is getting closer.

Anyway, that's just how i am seeing things.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Neoancient

Oh I agree, there is a long way for this to run before the end comes. But I was more thinking that it gives a specific pointer as to where we are on in the roadmap of God's plan for humanity.

And more importantly if we are aware of where we are, we can know to prepare for what is ahead.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

If you look at the data for the indicators listed in the text all of then have happened exponentially since around 1918. That's when I'd say the beginning of sorrows began. But just like labor pains on a woman, they have been happening more frequently and intensely since 1948, the year Israel was born in a single day.

"Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children." Isaiah 66:8

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elcapitano75

Sorrows? No, i don't think we've seen anything yet. We are still in good times.

Compared to what i see coming, things are pretty damn good.

I wouldn't necessarily say that's a great indicator. lol

"For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and they shall not escape" 1 Thessalonians 5:3

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Neoancient

We don't get an early ticket out of here, we have to wait until everything happens and we will witness it all before Verse 30 and 31 brings us all together. Peace.

Huh? Do you even read your scriptures? In Revelation the "candlesticks" are identified as the church by Jesus Himself. When John enters the throne room in heaven (Verse 4:1) the candlesticks are in heaven. This is before the first seal is even broken. Secondly, the only church promised they will enter the Tribulation is the church from Thyatira. (Or the medieval church/Roman Catholic) And lastly, in 2 Thesselonians Paul has to reassure the believers there who think they and their loved ones missed the rapture. They are experiencing intense persecution from Rome. If Paul had told them the rapture wasn't until the mid-point or end of the Tribulation they wouldn't think they had missed it, they would be looking skyward anticipating it.

I could go on and on and on. The Tribulation is the time of Jacobs trouble, it's sole purpose is to drive Israel to her Lord Jesus Christ and petition Him to return. Hosea 5:15 below.

"I will go and return to my place, till they acknowledge their offense, and seek my face: in their affliction they will seek me early.

Note: Offense is singular and specific, rejection of her Messiah

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
While it seems as though the evidence for end of days and Christ's return is staring us right in the face, I cannot help but think about 1 Thessalonians 5:2...

"For you know quite well that the day of the Lord's return will come unexpectedly, like a thief in the night."

So while it seems like Revelations is playing like a well-scripted movie, I'm going to simply "keep truckin'" and hope (and pray) for the best. Counting on Jesus' return? No need to hurry Him up. He'll know when it's time.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

No... it only comes as a "thief in the night" to those who aren't watching for the signs and looking daily for His return. You stopped reading at verse 2, I'll pick up Paul's statements beginning at verse 4:

4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

The Lord will come on the world (those in darkness) as a thief in the night, Christians who know what "season" we are in won't be surprised or "overtaken as a thief". Watch, the Lord's calling us home to the wedding feast is nearing, even at the door.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by markosity1973

If you look at the data for the indicators listed in the text all of then have happened exponentially since around 1918. That's when I'd say the beginning of sorrows began. But just like labor pains on a woman, they have been happening more frequently and intensely since 1948, the year Israel was born in a single day.

"Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children." Isaiah 66:8

I would be inclined to agree with you. Through the church I grew up in (the really big one that has lost its way) there has been a lot of activity and prophesy through its sources saying very similar things and warnings of many many bishops, cardinals and priests leading their flocks to damnation.

These started in a big way in 1917 interestingly - so I see your date as being quite accurate not only from a biblical sense but from a real world living church point of view too.

new topics

top topics

join