It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Futurama (what are they doing?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ok I hope I don't come out wacky with this but I started watching this show on netflix for a few days now, i like to watch it when i go to bed and I couldn't help but notice there are a lot of things that Matt Groenings shows have about things such as NWO, Secret societies, I mean you did see the simpson movie right, I mean that was all about the H1N1 in my opinion. SO I was just watching this one episode tonight called "Crimes of the hot" season 4 made in 2002 and Professor farnsworth say a series of numbers in or around the middle of the episode that was completely odd and off the wall it made no sense to even get that detailed, well to me that is, and I wondered if any of you know what it could be?, I threw in some other clips to give you a jist to what the episode was about.

Thanks in advance and please be nice, I cry easy :-)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I believe all the conspiracy jokes are put into futurama for the lolz.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by just_julie

I wonder lol, its all over their cartoons, they really want to turn it into a joke don't they lol

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

There is a lot of humor in Groening's shows that alludes to a lot of cultural/historical/scientific things and some of it can get pretty detailed. Kind of an in joke for the people that get it. That's one of the things I really enjoy about The Simpsons and Futurama. Is there other programming going on? Quit asking and watch Hypnotoad

edit on 5-5-2011 by coyotepoet because: fixing vid

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Yeah, Futurama is one of my favorites. There is a lot going on in that show, if you pay attention. They subtly touch on a lot of subjects that I suspect goes right over the heads of most people.

I don't know about the numbers, though...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

yes the hypnotoad..watching...the....hypno...toad............what was I talking about, Groenings cartoons are great, we love his cartoons, please more groening cartoons... ;-P

In all seriousness though I myself LOVE the simpsons and Futurama.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by VariableConstant

The more I watch these the more Im thinking, OMG now what did that mean lol, have you seen the futurama movie into the wild green yonder, or benders game, WOW is all I gotta say to those, loaded with hidden messages, I should make it a game, a shot everytime I see the all seeing eye in the cartoons lol.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

love the show, but i dont know if theres hidden essages in it. but gthan again everything seems to now adays

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Wait! What just happened? I feel so good yet I do not know why!

I have seen hypnosis work first hand and I do not doubt it yet I do believe that some of us have some sort of immunity to it and this immunity works like the sunglasses in the movie THEY LIVE

Speculation:
1: they do this in cartoons to make fun of and otherwise degrade conspiracy
2: they do this in cartoons as a form of "high brow" comedy much like the fact that little of what Bugs Bunny said made any sense to me until I got older....
3: they do this in cartoons to reinforce CT beliefs... control opposition.
4: they do this in cartoons simply as a way of saying "We know too!" to those who also "know"

5: THEY ARE CRAZY, WE ARE CRAZY....and WE ARE ALL OUT OF ORDER!!!

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

love the show, but i dont know if theres hidden essages in it. but gthan again everything seems to now adays

is "yvan eht nioj" all over again right?

Lol I love The Simpsons and Futurama

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by just_julie
I believe all the conspiracy jokes are put into futurama for the lolz.

Uhhh no.... Who first funded futurama? Fox... who plays it now comedy central. Its new world order programing. ANY TV SHOW and i mean ANY TV SHOW that comes out on a big network is new world order brain wash garbage. They call them tv PROGRAMS for a reason because THEY ARE PROGRAMING YOU like a computer to act a certain way in certain situation.
edit on 6-5-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Futurama reminds me of my old D&D group when we started doing space adventures.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
Professor farnsworth say a series of numbers in or around the middle of the episode that was completely odd and off the wall it made no sense to even get that detailed, well to me that is, and I wondered if any of you know what it could be?,

It's about the Rain Man.

I don't know what generation group you fall into,
but the older generations had respect for people who could do math in their heads.

In an attempt to get people to rely on calculator apps, instead of doing math,
the ability to do math in one's head has been slowly demonized as being = to autism.

Just like the Rain man.

This clip is showing how the Prophessor remembers the event accurately through the context of the numbers his brain was processing at the moment. In other words, he's a little autistic and worth laughing at.

/end opinion
David Grouchy
edit on 6-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

I say number 3 and 4 lol

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

You know groenings a 33rd degree mason right ? im not sure he puts it in there for 'humour'

One example splitsider.com...

Yeah, funny...

P.s sorry am at work can only provide link.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
matt is a freemason if im not mistaken so......

i know that doesnt mean much because there are several masons here.

still fishy because there subliminal messages in all his shows.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by hapablab
Professor farnsworth say a series of numbers in or around the middle of the episode that was completely odd and off the wall it made no sense to even get that detailed, well to me that is, and I wondered if any of you know what it could be?,

It's about the Rain Man.

I don't know what generation group you fall into,
but the older generations had respect for people who could do math in their heads.

In an attempt to get people to rely on calculator apps, instead of doing math,
the ability to do math in one's head has been slowly demonized as being = to autism.

Just like the Rain man.

This clip is showing how the Prophessor remembers the event accurately through the context of the numbers his brain was processing at the moment. In other words, he's a little autistic and worth laughing at.

/end opinion
David Grouchy
edit on 6-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

I see what you mean, never thought of it that way and I''ll say my age, I don't care lol Im 33 so as for respect for people I think we were the last generation to be taught that lol, the youth now a days are so zombified with video games, and text messages and constant stimulation with TV, GAMES, FACEBOOK, everything is so instant now I think it totally makes them desensitized, so much stuff goes over their heads its unbelievable.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You know I watched a movie made by the guy who voices Mr. Burns and he talks about the bohemian grove and how he attends those, then I hear about Groening being a 33rd mason (not saying I know if that is relevant, so no bad intentions toward the masons here) and it made me wonder even more about what and why they put what they put in their shows, is it innocent? are they mocking everyone?, what really got me thinking was the simpsons movie about EPA and the pig poop and how they had to put the dome over the town, then a year later the swine flu was introduced lol, I know some may look at me like a crazy conspiracy person who shouldn't think anything like that BUT I think thats too much of a coincidence. Who knows I like the comment that lists the reasons why they may be doing that, I chose 3 and 4 but maybe its all for fun and not inside jokes, I hope its just all for fun lol.

BUT I am going to post another cartoon on here called The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, that show is loaded with stuff like one episode they chant NEW WORLD ORDER and the all seeing eye, pyramid is in almost every episode. Who knows but its fun to look for these things lol.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

you are merely aligning the dots as many of us do, all to coincedental, look at the picture i linked, that episode aired before 9/11...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join